SwoleViking is offline New Member

Growth stunt in teenagers

I just wanna ask people if there are any studies that confirm what I am about to say.

So I have a friend who is 21 years old and have been using no lower than 500 MG test a week and no higher than 1.5 grams for 6 years. That's right, he started at only 15 years old, which is quite sick but to what my point is.. When he started on steroids , he was 5'8 inches tall and is now 6'1, that means he has grown 4 inches AFTER starting using steroids, and my question/point is which I have heard from several other people aswell, is it the POST cycle that stunts your height? And not the actual cycle? This is a theory that I have built but I don't know of a study to prove this. help me out

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't even imagine ANY study that would take two groups age 15, Both groups injecting with AAS for six years, and then:

Group #1) Inject nothing or PCT during post cycle periods, and
    Group #2) Continuing to Inject AAS during the same periods when the first group is post cycle.

And then compare the difference.

What scientific community do you think would perform such a study? The Nazi's? =)

I think when I spell it out this way, you realize how silly the question is?

Or did I miss something?

---Roman
    Last edited by Times Roman; 09-29-2014 at 09:14 PM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It sounds like your friend got lucky (so far) for one. That does not mean if he did not start taking steroids he may have grown another inch or two.
    I'm still betting he will be developing problems soon enough.

It's actually the estrogen the fuses the plates. Here is your study and there is a lot more if you do some searching. Just because his growth plates did not fuse prematurly does not mean you will get so lucky but as with most young people they have the attitude of, it wont happen to me. We see them here every day after it happens to them and they need help getting fixed. Im sure we only see less than 10% of them also. To me those odds suck.

Effects of estrogen on growth plate senescence and epiphyseal fusion

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    good find LB

I bookmarked it for later reading and consideration.........................

Thread Information