Thread: HCG question.

Player1 is offline Junior Member

HCG question.

I am getting conflicting information on HCG and am a bit confused. In the "My First Cycle..." post, it is recommended to run HCG at 500iu a week for the duration of your Test E dosing if your using a long ester like the test E suggested.

However, when I read the profile of HCG it states that "As regards HCGs use of Post-Cycle-Therapy (PCT), smaller and more frequent doses after a cycle of AAS would give the best results with the least amount of side effects. A dose of 250iu to 500iu everyday (ed) for 2 to 3 weeks is plenty and should very little from person to person" as part of a PCT.

Is this not recommended as PCT in the "My First Cycle" for a reason? I am assuming the nolva + clomid combo is enough to suppliment the effects HCG would have in the PCT, and it's more useful on cycle?

Confused. Trying to do it correctly, thanks for the knowledge.
    Last edited by Player1; 04-29-2015 at 08:43 PM.

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's old science that thought it was best used in PCT, it's suppressive in nature and has now been proven to be most beneficial during your cycle and stopped right before your PCT starts.
    Austinite and others have spent a lot of time gathering the information and backing it with proper studies. They keep it current so it's best to follow that. Unfortunately not all sites stay current. But this one does so we are lucky.

The profile is on this website if you click on the HCG hyperlinks in his thread, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to note that page just in case.

Also I see clomid + nolva in the PCT there but I see a lot of guys not running both. I see a lot keeping the nolva but using something else like a strong AI with it. I understand that both are best, but is it necessary with a low/moderate does test e cycle? I'm not trying to skimp on the necessities, I just want to KNOW why. Can't put in a big motor without big brakes too...

blemshow is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

HCG as a pct is an older method. New science would suggest using HCG on cycle will keep your LH stimulated resulting in a swifter recovery post cycle. HCG will also prevent testicular atrophy- remember HCG is suppressive and the whole point of pct is to get your body's natural mechanism to start functioning again. It doesn't make sense to add a foreign substance which will keep tricking the body when the whole point is to recover. Hope that helps

Allot of the info in that particular part of the forum is outdated and contradicts proper protocols as we know them now. Not sure who's job it is to keep them updated but with all the current info in the stickies a guy really doesn't have to go any further. Medical science is constantly evolving and as a result people have to go back and re-write the books. If someone doesn't do it then we end up in situations like this where the Same site contradicts itself.

blemshow is offline Junior Member
    Testosterone will convert regardless of dose. Ai on cycle will manage e2 levels until pct is required. Some people don't respond well to clomid however the perfect cycle should consist of both nolva and clomid as they both work in synergy together to restore natural testosterone lvls. Just because people do something one way doesn't mean it's the right way.

That makes perfect sense, I always wondered why over dosing HCG was such a no-no when an AI is present, but a a low dose does so much wonder for testicular function.

Good stuff Austinite!

Thread Information