JayTee is offline New Member

Tapering off a Sustanon cycle

I've been a Registered Nurse for many years and whenever we would have somebody on a drug that replaced a substance that the body naturally produces we don't generally stop the drug cold turkey. Especially something like a steroid . We taper it off. Dropping the dosage each time to allow the body to take back over slowly. I have not been able to find anyone that has done this with testosterone or anything else on any of these Forums. I'm wondering if any of you guys have or know why or why not this not done? From a medical perspective it makes sense not to just stop and drop your levels to near zero and rely on a PCT such as Nolvadex . Any thoughts?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    First I'd like to say that I don't have much experience with dosing corticosteroids, but I'm know corticosteroids have a much different effect on the body than androgenic anabolic steroids .

Your body has not evolved along with the practice of introducing exogenous hormones. Stability is very important for all system in the body, especially the HPTA. It is crucial that blood serum levels are kept as stable as possible. This is why when one is planning a cycle they should choose particular doses and then adhere to them for the entire duration of the cycle, unless an issue arises.

Thread Information