Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By numbere

Thread: Lower dosed PCT?

wastedmuscle is offline New Member

Lower dosed PCT?

I will be running a basic Test Cyp cycle for 10 weeks at 300 mgs. I will running hcg and anastrozole throughout the cycle. My other threads have a lot of details but believe me I have close to 18 years natty bodybuilding and am at my natty peak, currently as of yesterday 6'2" 200lbs lean with big lifts. I am mid 30s.

When PCT begins. I want to run a lower dose of clomid and nolva. Reason being, I want a lot less side effects. I have read a bunch and some stick to the standard mega doses and some are now going lower dose pct.

This is the pct I would like to run
    clomid 25,25,25,25
    Nolva 20, 10,10,10

Is this PCT too low of a dose? Please don't destroy me. I have read the four or five major message boards and opinions are everywhere. At the end of the day, I am scared of running these megadoses. I don't want the sides. I am running a lower dose cycle and want to run a lower dose pct.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you've never ran a pct before, how do you know that you'll be prone to "sides?" Run at usual dosages, i.e., clomid 75/50/50/50 nolva 40/20/20/20. Adjust if you experience sides. Typically if pct sides are experienced they are from clomid, not nolva.

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    If you've never ran a pct before, how do you know that you'll be prone to "sides?" Run at usual dosages, i.e., clomid 75/50/50/50 nolva 40/20/20/20. Adjust if you experience sides. Typically if pct sides are experienced they are from clomid, not nolva.
    I am horrified of the clomid. I know I have to pay to play but I am a bit prone to depression. I have no interest in being super depressed. I might be the victim of way too much research. I have now spent four months and hours of each week researching.

Has anyone here run lower dosed PCTs? The sticked recommended doses are mega doses. Is a mega dose necessary especially for a low dose test cycle?

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedmuscle View Post
    I am horrified of the clomid. I know I have to pay to play but I am a bit prone to depression. I have no interest in being super depressed. I might be the victim of way too much research. I have now spent four months and hours of each week researching.
    just coming off cycle may tend to exasperated this. You may want to simply reconsider if you really should be cycling at all

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedmuscle View Post
    Has anyone here run lower dosed PCTs? The sticked recommended doses are mega doses. Is a mega dose necessary especially for a low dose test cycle?
    No I've never done a low dose PCT because it doesn't make any sense.

If you take 300 mg of test for ten weeks, other than the small amount of test you will produce in response from hcg , you will be completely shut down.

There are alternative SERMs one can take. However, your best chance at resetting the HPTA is to use both clomid and nolva at the doses advised above by OOS. They are normal doses not mega doses.

If you experience intolerable sides from clomid then begin taking a smaller dosage and consider another SERM, such as toremifene, in place of clomid for your next cycle.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I will say this, I have done very well running clomid at 70/35/35/35 and nolva 40/20/20/20.
    The reason for my lower than normal clomid dose was more for convenience than anything else. Arr liquid clomid is dosed at 35mg/ml. Strictly for convenience sake I tried their clomid at 70/35/35/35 along with nolva at "normal" doses only to find my recovery went just fine. Once I discovered that to be the case I just started running it that way all the time. So since that has worked so well for me I dont have an issue suggesting you run something similar. This would address your fear (or respect) for clomid and its sides, yet still allow you to run what has been for me at least a very effective pct protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I will say this, I have done very well running clomid at 70/35/35/35 and nolva 40/20/20/20.
    The reason for my lower than normal clomid dose was more for convenience than anything else. Arr liquid clomid is dosed at 35mg/ml. Strictly for convenience sake I tried their clomid at 70/35/35/35 along with nolva at "normal" doses only to find my recovery went just fine. Once I discovered that to be the case I just started running it that way all the time. So since that has worked so well for me I dont have an issue suggesting you run something similar. This would address your fear (or respect) for clomid and its sides, yet still allow you to run what has been for me at least a very effective pct protocol.
    Thanks, this is what I have been reading from others. I have heard similar results to what you found on 50/25/25/25 and nolva 20/20/20/20.

Anyone else?

SilverTest is offline Senior Member
    i use clomid only 50 mg for one week then 25 mg for around 20 days, that works great without a lot of sides for me. sometimes even 25 mg was more than enough to restart.

Thread Information