Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By InternalFire

Thread: Aromasin really messed up my knees. Please help.

thatfeel is offline New Member

Aromasin really messed up my knees. Please help.

I took aromasin a while back to see if my estrogen levels were preventing me from losing weight. Took 25mg EOD for a week, so 4 doses total. Felt normal at first and then did 12.5mg EOD for another 4 doses total. As soon as I started to feel my knees ache I stopped.

I stopped the aromasin and it's been about 5 months. My knees ache when I flex them(so like a leg curl movement). Mostly feels like when my knee stretches into the flexed position is where it aches/hurts the most.

I don't feel any grinding or anything or aching pain it's just when I move or stretch/flex my knee joint back it aches and feels not so good. Anything that involves bending at the knee really. Honestly a little debilitating at times. Surprisingly I can walk and run just fine without discomfort; I tend to be a fast walker and this hasn't put a 'dent' in that regular behavior. Can't tell if it's tendonitis from squatting or if the aromasin crashed my estrogen. Or if my tendons/cartilage are just done now from when my E2 was low. I haven't taken any other compound. But I've practically been squatting nonstop since February at least 2 days a week for 5x5 and then I moved onto 3x5.

What can I do? I've been taking MSM and fish oil daily and they haven't helped with the symptom at all. Vit D levels were deficient when I got bloods done last time. Surprised I haven't felt any better after having not taken it for 5 months =/. I'll be 26 soon.
    Last edited by thatfeel; 09-04-2016 at 04:25 PM.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome to the forum!

sorry to hear your aromasin storey.

that was massive dose to be honest! I had some experience with aromasin, took 4 x 6.25mg over 2 week period and just 1 week in I began feeling lethargic and feel not only knee but all joints dull ache everywhere, regardless of the ROM. However I began to take AI because I got some E2 sides flaring up/nipple sensitivity/fullness and I got that sorted (im only on trt) and I was running HCG at the time which I blame as a culprit for quick E2 buildup, so I bounced back few weeks after I discontinued AI usage and till this day I feel ok, been almost 4 weeks now. I was still taking HCG for another few weeks which I think helped bounce back my E2 up.

Your aches described sound like there could be area specific joint damage, may not be low E2 sides necessarily, but it very well could be too.

Have you ran your bloods recently regards your E2 levels?
    Marsoc likes this.

Thread Information