Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By Hormon

Thread: Post-PCT disturbances

Hormon is offline New Member
    Hi,

I would like to share my experience after my first cycle, fix a problem that appeared as well.

Weight: 82 kg
    Height: 172 cm
    %BF: 9

Blood test before the very first cycle:
    TSH - in the middle of the range
    PRL - in the middle of the range
    LH - 7,4 mIU/ml (1,7 - 8,6)
    FSH - 4,7 mIU/ml (1,7 - 12,0)
    T - 24 nmol/l (10 - 28)
    E2 - 128 pmol/l (40 - 161)
    Great mood and libido, a lot of energy, 8/10 satisfaction. Very good and frequent sex and erections.

I started the cycle using ~500 mg TE/week for 14 weeks (from 11.2016 to 02.2017). 15000 UI hCG was used during the period. Some Arimidex after 8th week (~0,75 mg/week, total amount - 7 mg). Gained about 10 kg of good quality muscle and strenght, which I've kept to this day.

Blood test during the cycle:
    LH - 1,4 mIU/ml (1,7 - 8,6)
    FSH - 1,7 mIU/ml (1,7 - 12,0)
    T - 52 nmol/l (10 - 28)
    E2 - 191 pmol/l (40 - 161)
    Awesome mood, libido and amount of energy, 10/10 satisfaction. Sex was excellent (few times a day and everyday, as long as I wanted, with 100% hardness).

PCT was started after 14 days of TE washout. Blood test day before the start:
    LH - 0,1 mIU/ml (1,7 - 8,6)
    FSH - 0,3 mIU/ml (1,7 - 12,0)
    T - 20 nmol/l (10 - 28)
    E2 - 151 pmol/l (40 - 161)
    Normal mood, libido and amount of energy, 7/10 satisfaction. No ED or anxiety, sex was almost as good as on the cycle.

PCT was done perfectly, despite T wasn't below the range (TE contaminated with longer esters?). It took me 4 weeks to unblock (from 03.2017 to 04.2017). Week 1-3: Arimidex 1 mg ED, Clomid 50 mg ED, hCG a total of 10000 IU. Week 4: Clomid 25 mg ED.

Blood test from the 3rd week of the PCT:
    LH - 9,5 mIU/ml (1,7 - 8,6)
    FSH - 5,2 mIU/ml (1,7 - 12,0)
    T - 27 nmol/l (10 - 28)
    E2 - 32 pmol/l (40 - 161)
    Mood and energy swings because of low E2 (joint pain as well) and ER inhibition, but still no ED or decreased libido! 5/10 satisfaction, anxiety and depression appeared sometimes.

Blood test from the 4rd week of the PCT (Clomid 25 mg ED only):
    LH - 15,0 mIU/ml (1,7 - 8,6)
    FSH - 8,2 mIU/ml (1,7 - 12,0)
    T - 30 nmol/l (10 - 28)
    E2 - 102 pmol/l (40 - 161)
    Psychical and physiological parameters as on week 3rd.

After the PCT my goal was to maintain the gains and HPTA axis functioning. Optimal workouts and diet, supplements: DAA, D3, zinc, magnesium, O-3.

Blood test 4 weeks after the PCT was finished:
    T - 14 nmol/l (10 - 28)
    Psychical and physiological parameters similar to those when on the PCT. No ED, normal libido, despite the low T. I regret that E2 wasn't measured then, it was probably over the range (E rebound after the PCT).

After that low T result I decided to run some Clomid without AI (from 17.04 to 30.04.2017), 3 days with 100 mg, 5 days with 50 mg, 5 days with 25 mg, blood test was done after 6 days (t1/2) of the last Clomid administration:
    LH - 11,7 mIU/ml (1,7 - 8,6)
    FSH - 6,2 mIU/ml (1,7 - 12,0)
    T - 36 nmol/l (10 - 28)
    E2 - 219 pmol/l (40 - 161)
    It was about 2 weeks of deppresion and anxiety because of ER inhibition. What's strange, I noticed strong errections (nocturnal, morning and spontaneous) and high libido during this time. Despite the E2 and Clomid...

Few days after above blood test (10.05.2017) I've started having ED and libido issues (first time in my life), which persist to that day (19.05.2017). I suspect that it's caused by high E2 level, but it came with certain delay (psychical adaptation?). 4 days after this strange ED trouble (14.05.2017) I decided to eat some Arimidex in purpose to decrease E2, to see what happens. Obviously, I missed E2 sweet spot with such a single dose, and after few days I suffered from joint pain, but still no improvement with my libido and ED. During my PCT the hormonal panel was almost the same (high T, low E2), but ED/libido decrease didn't appear!

Blood test done today morning (19.05.2017) - 5,5 days after Arimidex was administered (3 x it's t1/2, about 0,25 mg in the circulation):
    T - 30 nmol/l (10 - 28)
    E2 - 90 pmol/l (40 - 161)
    I don't feel depressed or concerned, I have more energy than just 1 week ago, but I really don't want to have sex or to masturbate. No nocturnal/morning errections. I have sex with my (really hot) GF just once a day, in the morning, and it's boring like never before (short as well, 70% hardness achieved with touch only). I don't feel any serious satisfaction/happiness for about 3 weeks.

I hardly understand the situation, and have just two ideas:
    a) T and E2 levels have to stabilize for a while, so also the mind (libido, motivation) will adapt,
    b) SHBG (can't measure this parameter in my lab) concentration has risen because of the E2 level, so fT is decreased (boron? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21129941).

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Hormon; 05-19-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    The advice is: stop taking everything, I mean everything, wait 8 weeks and take new bloodwork. This things don't get fixed or settle in a few days, if your hormones are going to "heal" (theres always chance hormones staying unbalanced) it will take time.

During this 8 weeks try to not to think about it, not everything in life is hormones related, just train hard and eat good. Yes, some ppl might be slightly more sensitive to hormones imbalances, but most ppl try to rationalize hormones and it just doesnt work that way. 98% chances your ED is all in your brain, as most of this problems are, our brain is our biggest sex organ.

Yes, you did some stuff wrong on PCT but now its done no point on beating a dead horse. Stick around and search for a more advanced way of PCTing.

I understand this might not be the answer you are looking for, but theres no magic pills. BTW having sex "just once a day" its perfectly normal.
    Hormon and ghettoboyd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    The advice is: stop taking everything, I mean everything, wait 8 weeks and take new bloodwork. This things don't get fixed or settle in a few days, if your hormones are going to "heal" (theres always chance hormones staying unbalanced) it will take time.

During this 8 weeks try to not to think about it, not everything in life is hormones related, just train hard and eat good. Yes, some ppl might be slightly more sensitive to hormones imbalances, but most ppl try to rationalize hormones and it just doesnt work that way. 98% chances your ED is all in your brain, as most of this problems are, our brain is our biggest sex organ.

Yes, you did some stuff wrong on PCT but now its done no point on beating a dead horse. Stick around and search for a more advanced way of PCTing.

I understand this might not be the answer you are looking for, but theres no magic pills. BTW having sex "just once a day" its perfectly normal.
    I'm going to start another cycle next week for 10 weeks, then unblock with Power PCT Program (100% according to guidelines). The mistake I done was to PCT without longer tapering after 3 months of SAA administration (without E2 managment), but the worst was to eat Clomid and Arimidex when OFF. I decide to run another cycle - testicles were working during the cycle and after that for over 3 months, real risk is marginal.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    I think this is a horrible idea. Let your body heal before you throw it into flux again.

What does "heal your body" practically mean? AXIS was moved, testicles were working fine for 3+ months and during the cycle, the only I fcked up was too high E2 level after the PCT (so SHBG concentration).
    Day before another cycle, which I started 2 days ago - ED, no motivation, no libido (classical symptoms of low T and E2 abnormalities, despite E2 was in the BT range, T in the upper limit).
    First day and now, on the cycle - no ED, a lot of energy, regular libido, feeling good. As I though, it's not in "my brain", but in the hormones (SHBG was probably the crucial factor of the disturbances).
    Nephets likes this.

Thread Information