Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashop

Thread: how to train during pct

Jonnyg419 is offline Member

how to train during pct

i originally posted this in the training section, but as i figure this section gets far more traffic, id be more likely to get a reply.
    best way to keep gains while training post cycle
    Im 5"11, 182, about 9% bf. just did a summer cut of 500mg test e/ 300mg tren a per week. I stopped the tren 4 weeks before my last test e shot. I've read it makes pct easier to get the harsher compounds out of my body before going into pct. My cals are closely monitored, with tdee include i peaked at 7% body fat, but since muy last shot i have been slowely upping my cals back to my normal BMR. i was at 2100 during the peak of my diet, now I've worked my way back up to 2500 just before pct. im going to go back up to my tdee of 2800-2900 during PCT because i want to minimize loss of gains while i pct. i will soften up a little but in my mind it's worth it.
    my real question is for training advice, while on my cutting cycle i trained 6 days a week with high volume, should i cut that back since even with a proper pct and an ai, my natural test level will be lower than normal, it's just basic physiology.
    Any thoughts on how i should change my training for the weeks leading out of pct so that i don't do more damage than good, any advice would be appreciated! if i left any important info out that would help you reach a better answer, or provide better advicd, feel free to ask.. thanx guys.

kirkjamest is offline Junior Member
    One question, how many cycles have you done? Also post exactly what your PCT is to help.

As for me, I did the Dorian Yates Blood and Guts workout. It was a nice relief for my body because it was a completely different workout and I spread it out over 7 days instead of 5. This allowed me to keep quite a bit of the muscle I put on during the cycle and allowed my body to rest and recover from all those harsh compounds.

PCT is all about letting the body rest and recover, I would back off the intensity, keep up the nutrition and sleep as much as your schedule allows. That is what I found worked for me, in n out of the gym in 45 minutes or less. I even took an entire week off at the end of the cycle as I approached PCT.

yeah that's pretty much what I've been doing. no more going to failure every set. ive brought my cals back up to my tdee which is 2800 a day, i am taking Clomid/nolvadex /arimadex through my whole week pct. and i have tribulus, boron, and dmaa for the month following pct. some people say it's a waste of money, but numerous studies have shown that those supplements do bring lower than normal test levels back to a normal range and help with libido, so i figured for 30 bucks it was worth it

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I think what a lot of people do is start backing off on training once they hit PCT. Then complain they didn't retain or lost gains.
    Its my belief you should continue to train and eat just as hard as you were on cycle.
    xLoganx likes this.

Are you saying you are doing PCT for one week? Also, what doses of clomid and nolvadex ? Lastly, why arimadex? You don't need to inhibit aromatizing as your test levels are going to plummet. Arimadex can cause your E-2 to drop way too low and you need estrogen. Granted you are having an influx of androgens but you should probably stop the AI. hopefully someone with some more knowledge will chime in. Is this your first cycle?

Actually read the post right below yours. It's titled "low estrogen PCT". Back in black addresses using an AI during PCT. same logic, it will make your e2 fall too far.

im running Clomid 100/100/50/50 nolva 40/40/20/20 and I'm running a low dose ai throughout my pct. i don't know where you you guys are you getting your info, but there are many published studies that show an estrogen rebound post cycle, so i don't know where you got that info, maybe the juicehead at the gym. but i asked for training advice not estrogen control advice. although i advise you both look into from reputable sources. because pct estrogen rebound is a real thing, and I'm still taking a low dose. do more research before you start throwing around random advice.

Yes, estrogen rebound is a real thing, thank you for the advice but I think I will pass on it, as this is NOT random advice but, to each his own.

PCT and training looks good to me, that last post just read like you were only doing PCT for one week. Looks to me like you're doing everything most post cycle AAS enthusiasts do, rest, eat, lift different and supplements to help recover. Everything looks covered.

CALLMEOCT is offline Associate Member
    How do you feel during PCT? just wondering that.

i can get on board with that

still feel great in the gym. libido is already trash

did you read read the part about 100/100/50/50, nolva; 40/40/20/20, that's 4 weeks by my count, read a little slower before making comments

Okay Mr. Sensitive, this is what you wrote and this is what I was referring to when I commented about how your post read. "yeah that's pretty much what I've been doing. no more going to failure every set. ive brought my cals back up to my tdee which is 2800 a day, i am taking [B]Clomid/nolvadex /arimadex through my whole week pct[/B]."

There is nothing in that post concerning the numbers you laid out after I asked you what the length of your PCT was however, you clarified you were running PCT for four weeks as opposed to the "possibility" of one week, after I posed the question. Just look at the chronological order of the comments, its all there super genius. I asked because this post, which came previous to your actual layout of PCT protocol, is inundated with grammatical errors and ambiguity.

Thread Information