Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sinistar is offline New Member

Will Coleman Retire?

they guy isnt young, at least 38. plenty viable for a regualar person, but not for any kind of competetive athlete. now that he has pretty much reproven himself, you think hell go out on top?

roidBeast is offline New Member
    i think he's trying to reach Haney's record, which is very very possible in the next couple of years, nobody i mean nobody can touch Coleman....

Cutler looks like i child standing next to Ronnie...

The only who could beat him it would be the 1993 Dorian Yates and i think it would be a very hard competition...

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I don't think Ronnie's gonna quit any time soon unfortunatley....I wanted Jay to win so bad :-(.

Steele is offline Member
    i just don't see ronnie retiring. in his training videos he still looks like he enjoys himself. i think he will compete until he has beaten lee haney's record, then go on to dominate the master's like vince taylor did. i don't see ronnie quitting until injury makes him.

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    muscle maturity + new roids will keep ronnie in the game as long as he wants. it was just so obvious that his muscle maturity, lines and hardness of the arms, back, hams, and glutes surpassed cutler You don't hit your natural peak until 42 anyway... dunno what it would be for those with "enhancement"

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Only a serious, serious injury would cause Coleman to retire. The guy just spent $130,000 on his home gym last year. I read that his goal in bodybuilding is "To be the greatest Mr. Olympia ever". In all honesty, I think it is very possible.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Very Possible WillPower... I think he is the man that will break Haney's record. He deserves it IMO.

I'll be Mr. O in 20 to 30 years....I swear it. I don't care if Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cuttler, Lee Priest, Lou Ferrigno, or even Arnold himself say "forget it...it won't happen.", I don't care. That will just make me train harder...This is what I was born for, and what I live for. And when they do call me up on that stage to accept that award, I'm givin a special thanks to everyone on AR, because without everyone on here I wouldn't be half of what I am now. Because of you guys I gained 50 pounds of lean mass over summer. Because of you guys i'm not the fat guy i used to be, because of you guys my biceps went from 12 to 16.5 inches in just two months. I love you guys...I won't ever stop lifting, ever. I've got a desire that I'm sure we have all felt, the need to be the greatest... And I know we all have the potential to go to the top. But the question is, how bad do we want it?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Why should he quit? my only gripe about him is that he needs some of his internal organs removed. His midsection looks like a swiss ball.

Swiss ball..... lmao!!! Nice one!

cb25 is offline Banned
    Swiss ball? I thought he was expecting a baby!

This board is great

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    He's not going anywhere

JohnnyB

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    I'll be Mr. O in 20 to 30 years....I swear it. I don't care if Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cuttler, Lee Priest, Lou Ferrigno, or even Arnold himself say "forget it...it won't happen.", I don't care. That will just make me train harder...This is what I was born for, and what I live for. And when they do call me up on that stage to accept that award, I'm givin a special thanks to everyone on AR, because without everyone on here I wouldn't be half of what I am now. Because of you guys I gained 50 pounds of lean mass over summer. Because of you guys i'm not the fat guy i used to be, because of you guys my biceps went from 12 to 16.5 inches in just two months. I love you guys...I won't ever stop lifting, ever. I've got a desire that I'm sure we have all felt, the need to be the greatest... And I know we all have the potential to go to the top. But the question is, how bad do we want it?
    I hope you do

JohnnyB

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    He said it himself in his victory speach...he will be back again next year and even better.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    just 2 pics I found on my harddrive. In those ronnie was still a human
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will Coleman Retire?-ronnien%E4rhanvarb%E4st.jpg   Will Coleman Retire?-ronni.jpg  

I have to say I prefer his look back then, my god has his face changed

even younger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will Coleman Retire?-ungronni.jpg  

Body is offline Associate Member

No Way!

I'm not a huge Coleman fan, but having just flown in from Mr.O and having talked to Ronnie this is what I know: In the lobby of the Mandalay Bay he said three things. 1. I won because of the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2. Anyody who hasn't accepted the Lord as their Savior should "look into it." 3. I'll do this [Bodybuilding] as long as the Lord feels it's what I should do. I'm not attempting to get into a religious discussion. These are just the facts.

decadbal is offline Banned
    ronnie will win next year, and the year after if he wants to, i think he does and you guys can hold me to it, he will win the O next year, the politics are the only reason he lost to jay and gunter, both those guys look great, but beside ronnie they are shit, not knocking em, but everyone wants to big dog to be off, and he works harder than anyone in the sport. im so tired of ppl knocking ronnnie, its good to see others like me who respect and realize we are watching the greatest bodybuilder ever to date. i think ronnie controls his own future, and all we have to do is sit back and watch. i personally dont believe ronnie will be going anywhere, and hope he dont, i love seeing him, and pullin for him, i seem to be the only one at my gym who believes he is the best, even after he has shown it, what now six times?

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    decadbal,

i couldnt agree more, i watched the mr. olympia from the first VIP row and what i saw was completely incredible, even if he hadnt won, what i saw was history in the making that such a man could come in the shape he did, there will be no one like him ever again, with his type of physique

Russ616 is offline Senior Member

Listen please

" the politics are the only reason he lost to jay and gunter, both those guys look great, but beside ronnie they are shit,. "

Ronnie never lost to Jay only Gunter at the GNC show.
    But lets talk about the 3rd place finisher -Dexter Jackson. In person this guy is the shit. SO shredded and ripped. He is complete. Give him one or two more year and he is # 1. He is a shawn ray but BETTER . . .

NotSoHard is offline New Member
    Well so far, Ronnie hasn´t had any severe injuries like Dorian did in his days which was one reason he had to quit, I think. So as long as Ronnie goes unjured, he´s here to stay at the throne of Mr Olympia. Whether we like it or not.

I hoped tho' that Ronnie would turn 40 and he would be forced to compete in Masters Olympia and in that way he´d be replaced at the throne by Jay Cutler or Dexter Jackson, but I recently found out that it´s not a compulsory thing for Ronnie so...he´s stuck where he is.

But I can´t help wondering if his body really hasn´t taken any damage at all with his use of substances?

Retabolil2 is offline Respected Member
    Yesterday Ronnie said he is going to beat Haney`s record. He is not going to retire.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    I think he is going to try to beat haney. Dont know if it will happen but he has the money for the juice...and he has the drive to train. We will just have to wait and see...no one will topple him while he is still competing...which is sad.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    I cant help thinking about what happened to Flex Wheeler. With all the abuse that the pros put on there body its torchear. sooner or latter the shits going to hit the fan.... i love the guy but still what they do cant be good for them

innocent1 is offline New Member
    ronnie isn't going anywhere.. i beleive that when he beats all the records, he will then give everyone else a chance..

alko is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    I cant help thinking about what happened to Flex Wheeler. With all the abuse that the pros put on there body its torchear. sooner or latter the shits going to hit the fan.... i love the guy but still what they do cant be good for them
    He thought Ronnie was clean? He used to be a police officer and they are suppose to protect and serve...and he sure looks natural...doesn't he? HaHa!!!

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alko
    He thought Ronnie was clean? He used to be a police officer and they are suppose to protect and serve...and he sure looks natural...doesn't he? HaHa!!!

Oh yhea he def does !!!!!!!!!!!!! riggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttt

TANKUK is offline New Member
    After Hearing His Speach At The Olyimpia He Aint Guna Quit

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    I am No fan of Ronnie Coleman, I think He normally looks bloated and loos like ****. However I must admit he did look 100x better this year then he has in Previous years.

Jay Cutler IMO will be the next Mr Olympia, Too me he has The complete physique for Pro Bodybuilding.

Dexter Jaxton IMO just looks better every time i see him.

Russ616 is offline Senior Member

listen

[QUOTE=BullDogg20]I am No fan of Ronnie Coleman, I think He normally looks bloated and looks like ****.

That bloated look is all muscle. His biggest % of body fat is only 5.5% and that is in the off season. When this guy competes he is less that 1% body fat. That is sick. Ronnie says so himself. This guy is amazing. There has never been a body builder like him. Jay Cutler is only!! about 25lbs less than Coleman and 2" shorter but Looks about 50lbs less when they stand next to each other. Coleman is on another planet and the guy will be 40 in may. I think he can take haney's record and beat it at the age of 43. Right now no one else could do that.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    hmmmm He is defiantlly alot higher then 5.5% in the off season. I have seen some pics of him in the off season that would probaly out him around the 12% mark in Bodyfat.

And as far as bloating, I understand its muscle, it still looks like ****,

Dont get me wrong, ronnie is defiantly Big,Cut,Defined, Etc... But i still think he looks like crap,

I think Cutler or Jackson looks 100x better then ronnie or their bad days.
    But thats just My Opinion, i am sure their is lots of people who would disagree with me and agree with me.

David22 is offline New Member
    Ron Coleman will beat the Haney's Record...i'm sure of that. I mean....how in the world can take the place of him in the Mr. O ?!
    Nobody...nobody can beat that monster...
    For about 3 ou 4 years nobody will touch him.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Right on fellas, there is noone on the pro circut thats a threat to coleman. His going for the record and all i ask is how many times will he go for? 10? 12?

DELTA9MDA is offline Junior Member
    ronnie says 9

LM1332 Guest
    i think jay cutler looks much better he lacks little bit in his arms but he beats ronnie everywhere else

decadbal is offline Banned
    theres no way cutler is near ronnie, you must be lookin at someone elses pics or living in another world.. no one looks as good as ronnie, and jay needs 5 good years, before hes equal.

paranoid99 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    just 2 pics I found on my harddrive. In those ronnie was still a human
    Look at that. No roid gut and no bitch tits. Man that WAS a long time ago.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Ronnie usually doesn't say too much about his future in BBing, so its tough to say. Jay came very close to beating him in '01, but ronnie was still slightly better, and Dennis James is really the only person out there that has a chance at matching up with ronnie, but James can't take him still. Ruhl and Gunter don't have the symetry, and everyone else left is just too small. So Ronnie will probably quit when the lord wants him to, i.e he doesn't want to compete any more, cause he has nothing to prove, unless he wants haney's record, but i doubt he's that kinda person. He seems more of the person that will compete because he wants to and not for some record.

BTW- Its impossible to get to 1% BF. I've heard of very, very few ppl in the very high 2%'s, but most guys are around 3-4% at the O.

Hoss- In 20-30 years, just think of the difference between Ronnie and Arnold, which is about that time span.
    http://ironage.us/virtual/index.html

You're gonna be talking about guys 6'3-6'5 fillin out 330-350lb frames.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information