What do ya think about Wong Hong?

http://www.accuratefitness.com/eng_i..._wong_hong.htm

Wong Hong interview
    -Name: Wong Hong

-Height: 5’ 9”

-Weight: 220 lbs (100kg) contest

-Profession: IFBB pro bodybuilder and gym owner

-Place of residence: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

-Background: I am the youngest of 6 brothers and a sister. Born in Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia on the 4th of April 1970. Have been training for 16 years and competing for 10 years.

-Competitions:

Mr.Malaysia- winner

IFBB Mr.Asia-winner

NPC New York Metropolitan (Mr.New York City)-winner

NPC Eastern USA-winner

AF: What inspired you to start working out?
    From watching the TV series “The Incredible Hulk” back in the early 80’s. I told myself I wanted to be like that, big, muscular and strong when I grew up!

AF: Did you have any specific goals when you started working out?
    When I started working out, I just wanted to build strength for my track and field events. I needed the added power from weight training for my events in 100 m and long jump.

AF: Do you have any role models?
    My dad is my role model. He works very hard and believed in himself. He is a good businessman and a family man too.

AF: What does your diet look like today?
    I have been eating clean . High in protein, moderate in carbs and low in fat. Lots of lean steak, skinless chicken breasts, eggs for protein. My carb sources come mostly from white rice and sweet potatoes and olive and flaxseed oil for fat sources. I am going to stay lean in the off season so that I do not have to diet hard and lose too much hard earned muscles during pre contest dieting.

AF: Do you plan your diet down to every little detail?
    I do not plan my diet down to every single detail in the off season. I make sure I eat plenty of carbs and protein to build muscle and maintain my energy level. However, for pre-contest, I do count my calorie intake, the ratio of carbs, protein and fat to get in shape. Sodium and water intake is monitored carefully in the last few days leading to a contest.

AF: How important are fruit and vegetables in your opinion?
    Fruits and vegetables are good sources of phytochemicals (that limit the growth of cancel cells), anti-oxidant, vitamins, minerals and fiber (to clean the digestive system and help eliminate waste quickly and that’s why it helps constipation). They are also low in calories, fat and sodium. Excellent for weight watchers and bodybuilders too.

AF: How important is protein?
    Protein is the building block of muscle. If you want to grow, you got to eat plenty of protein. Bodybuilders need at least 2g of protein per lb of bodyweight per day.

AF: Do you use any supplements?
    I use creatine monohydrate, glutamine and whey protein drinks.

AF: What does your workout look like today?
    I am training 6 times a week and rest on Sundays. Each bodypart is hit twice a week. My current routine looks like this:

Day 1: Legs, Hams, Calves

Day 2: Chest , Arms, Abs

Day 3: Back, Shoulders, Calves

Day4: repeat day 1

Day 5: repeat day 2

Day 6: repeat day 3

Day 7: Rest

I am doing lots of compound movements like bench press, military press, barbell rows, deadlift, etc. I train heavy but in good form!

AF: Do you do a lot of cardio?
    I do not do cardio in the off season. Normally, I only start doing cardio 6 weeks out from a contest.

AF: Do you have any advice for people that want to improve their diet but lack motivation?
    Diet does not have to be boring. Be innovative in preparing your healthy meals. Use a variety of herbs to add flavor to your food. Eat a variety of foods to prevent boredom of eating the same foods all the time. Believe me, if you plan your diet ahead, your diet foods can be as tasty and enjoyable as regular foods. You must always remember that you are what you eat. Diet is as important as in training and resting (sleep). However, you need to give yourself a break too (you can cheat one day in a week and eat whatever you want….yummie!!)

AF: What motivates and inspires you?
    Primary: to be the best in my chosen field (could it be business or bodybuilding, etc)

Secondary: recognition and prestige.

AF: What are your goals for the future?
    To be a successful businessman , a great bodybuilder and a good family man.

AF: What do you think it takes to become successful?
    Dicipline, focus, patience and a little bit of luck.

AF: Do you have a motto you live by?
    Believe in yourself and have the never-say-die-attitute. If you want something bad enough, and work hard for it, eventually you will get it!

AF: Does working out affect any other hobbies or interests you have?
    Not at all. It’s a matter of how I organize my time and I do not have a problem with that at all. One must strive for balance in life ie: profession, hobbies, interests, personal life, etc.

AF : Any good web sites you want to suggest?
    www.bodybuilding.com is the best and most informative bodybuilding web site out there. Other good bodybuilding sites include getbig.com, ironmagazine.com, and muscleblog.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WONG HONG's LATEST INTERVIEW-086.jpg  

Dude, why is it that every Asian BB I see has a crazy V-Taper and massive legs??? Kris Dim, Wong Hong and so on...

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't all guys want to be Hung?

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    I wonder if he is related to that retarded kid that blew at the american idol thing, was so bad that they kept him in the spotlight to share his no talent with all of us. I think his name was William Hung or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    I wonder if he is related to that retarded kid that blew at the american idol thing, was so bad that they kept him in the spotlight to share his no talent with all of us. I think his name was William Hung or something.
    LMAO dude.

Yo look at the interview of the asian girl on the first link. Her pics are hot as hell.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    WTF!>!?! asians are supposed to be small. that guy is puiny, natural for sure!

Unoid is offline Member
    awsome quads on that man

Conkies is offline Banned
    His lower chests is invisible

Conkies is offline Banned
    I thinks his chest is not big like his arms and shoulderz.

When he do the pose with his arms up his chests goes away.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    +1 before its locked for being old...

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    +1 before its locked for being old...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I swear to god asians must have the best quad genetics in the world. Every asian I have ever seen has naturaly awsome quads.

Thread Information