Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member

The Funny Bottomline............He who laughs last laughs the loudest!!!!

I need to say I am voting for Ralph Nader, just because I believe we need a 3rd party candidate to make this system fair. However anyone with half a brain knows Bush will lose to Kerry. Only the rich, white, not in touch with reality of life in America, conservative Christian, asses are gonna vote for him. So in November get ready to be disappointed jerkwads. :spudnikun

medic23 is offline Associate Member
    Dont fall for the Nader trap, thats what the republicans want you to do. Nader is a way for democrats to loose their votes on a lost cause

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by medic23
    Dont fall for the Nader trap, thats what the republicans want you to do. Nader is a way for democrats to loose their votes on a lost cause
    Indeed

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member

yeah, but its a bold statement when nader gets such a large portion of the liberal vote. it shows that the percentage of people who dont think the democrats are liberal is substantial, and that maybe the democratic party should quit with the hipocracy.

I don't see how you can "take" votes. If someone likes Nader they will vote for him, if they like Kerry they will vote for him. Voting based on who you don't want to win (Bush) is worse than Bush winning IMO. I will never let fear dictate how I vote. Fear will keep us in a two party system forever if everyone thinks like that.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm voting for whoever got those chicks in your avatar to do that shower shot... THAT'S a man who knows how to get things done!

Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    I'm voting for whoever got those chicks in your avatar to do that shower shot... THAT'S a man who knows how to get things done!
    Ralph Nader took that pic.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Ralph Nader took that pic.
    bastard

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    that is seriously the greatest picture ever taken. the photographer should be hailed and put all the pics in textbooks for school

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    that is seriously the greatest picture ever taken. the photographer should be hailed and put all the pics in textbooks for school
    LMAO!!!!! I would lie and say I took it, but I couldn't steal from a genius like that. Whoever did take it deserves the credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    yeah, but its a bold statement when nader gets such a large portion of the liberal vote. it shows that the percentage of people who dont think the democrats are liberal is substantial, and that maybe the democratic party should quit with the hipocracy.
    Yes, you will definitely send a message but Bush will still be in office and your vote will be wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Yes, you will definitely send a message but Bush will still be in office and your vote will be wasted.
    It is not wasted, if Nader gets 5% then next election he will have federal funding, or his party will if he doesn't run, it is an investment. You sound like you are voting out of fear, not out of purpose.

It is not wasted, if Nader gets 5% then next election he will have federal funding, or his party will if he doesn't run, it is an investment. You sound like you are voting out of fear, not out of purpose.
    I'm voting to get Bush's dumb ass out of office. If you call that fear, so be it.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    The 'swing vote' which is made up of people who have no allegience to any party. In some sense, you have to vote strategically because voting for Nader is pointless becasue he will not win and it may possibly (if enough people vote for the bugger) affect the outcome between the real contenders.

I don't see how you can "take" votes. If someone likes Nader they will vote for him, if they like Kerry they will vote for him. Voting based on who you don't want to win (Bush) is worse than Bush winning IMO. I will never let fear dictate how I vote. Fear will keep us in a two party system forever if everyone thinks like that.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    We should not, and are not, limited to voting for two parties. I don't care if a person only got one vote, as long as that voter thought the candidate was the best person for the job. You cannot make change in the current parties by standing idly by and not demanding that they change their views and actions. The way to voice your views on how the country should be run is by voting for a person that represents your point of view, not someone that might win.

Quote Originally Posted by sigrabbit
    We should not, and are not, limited to voting for two parties. I don't care if a person only got one vote, as long as that voter thought the candidate was the best person for the job. You cannot make change in the current parties by standing idly by and not demanding that they change their views and actions. The way to voice your views on how the country should be run is by voting for a person that represents your point of view, not someone that might win.
    I agree. But by voicing your opinion you will be leaving Bush in office another 4 years. I'll wait and make my statement in the next election when Bush is out of office.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member

i see what your saying, but i disagree. when i look at the two parties they are basically the same thing, if you take out religion and big buisiness from the repubs you have democrats, and the parties continue to grow more and more similar through the years. if people vote for a democrat simply based on trying to keep out a repub, their dislike for the parties actions is essentially silenced, and things will continue on in the same manner. if people vote for a truly liberal third party and it causes the democrats to loose, the party will be forced to look at their own actions and see that they have done it to themselves, by not taking an interest in what the people want.

I'm voting to get Bush's dumb ass out of office. If you call that fear, so be it.
    Well I don't have confidence in Bush or Kerry. I have more in Kerry but not enough to support him as the president. So should I vote against Bush or for who I have more faith in, whether or not I know he is gonna lose?

Well I don't have confidence in Bush or Kerry. I have more in Kerry but not enough to support him as the president. So should I vote against Bush or for who I have more faith in, whether or not I know he is gonna lose?
    I understand what you're saying. I just want Bush gone and by voting for Nader that won't happen.

I understand what you're saying. I just want Bush gone and by voting for Nader that won't happen.
    Yeah Bush sucks, thank you for participating in removing him. I don't think Nader is gonna help him this time, he is so hated right now, he dosen't have a shot at winning by a 5% margin.

Don't forget Gore did win even with Nader getting 3% of the vote. The thing is George won with his brother's states help. Never forget that. Coincidence or other?????????

medic23 is offline Associate Member
    I agree. But by voicing your opinion you will be leaving Bush in office another 4 years. I'll wait and make my statement in the next election when Bush is out of office.
    Exactly, I would vote nadar as a statement at a time it was safe to make that statement like when a democrat was a safer bet to win. right now the poles are too close. Not that it matters anyway, Jeb will doctor my vote in the end.

Jeb will doctor my vote in the end.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    In theory this sounds nice but reality is a different matter. In the context of who is going to be the President of the United States a year from today, a vote for Ralph Nader is a wasted ballot. You are better off staying home thereby saving the effort of making a trip to the ballot box.

Quote Originally Posted by sigrabbit

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    In theory this sounds nice but reality is a different matter. In the context of who is going to be the President of the United States a year from today, a vote for Ralph Nader is a wasted ballot. You are better off staying home thereby saving the effort of making a trip to the ballot box.
    Wrong. If 5% of the people DONT sit at home then next election the Green Party gets federal election funding. Then they can make an impact and make room for a 4th party to come in and make an impact. The purpose of voting for Nader is to change the system for those that dont have any faith in the current 2 party system. It is only a waste of a vote if you can't see the impact down the road.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    actually, i dont think nader is even on the green ballot.

Thread Information