Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Casanova33 is offline Associate Member

Legalizing Drugs

I'm just curious to see some of the opinions on this topic. I know the Libertarian party wants to legalize drugs. What are the other opinions from the left and from the right. I lean a little to the left and i believe that we need to just legalize drugs and tax em. And if we don't legalize all drugs at least decriminalize them.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I'm a hard core Republican and I say legalize them and tax the living sh*t out of them. You're gonna need to fund the rehabs and psych hospitals for the ones who can't handle a little recreational use.My02

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Depends on the individual drug. There are illegal drugs that are much less deadly than cigarettes. There are illegal drugs out there that could really help with the obesity epidemic in the US. If anything, a lot of the drugs should be legal to prescribe. We can't keep tobacco out of the hands of minors, so what would make a person think we could keep legal marajuana out of the hands of minors? So, it's really a delicate balance and most politicians would just rather keep things status quoe.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I am against legalizing drugs. Personally I feel cigarettes and liquor should be illegal. Just legalize AS.

you can't legislate morality but we have been even since nixon officially declared a war on drugs. if people are going to consume drugs no matter what the goverment should smarts to legalize it and tax it. i have been buying alchohol since i was 15 (i was big and had the balls to show them my real id when they asked me for it) if alchohol is legal then so should marijuana at least.

skinjob is offline Associate Member
    prohibition never works. legalize the lot and make it all cheap as dirt.

imagine... no more bum pills and duff vials... no more fakes...o the joy, the peace of mind.. the savings... yes please.

in the UK, AS are legal to possess/use but not to sell. our cops dont give a feck if people want to get bigger only if you want to cash in on all the skinny conts wanting to be bigger conts...

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think they should be legal.... and you cant legalize some and not all....

i;m all giddy thinking about... mmm visit the 24hr drugstore,,, mm some deca , some dbol , some test and some somatatropin to wash it all down ta.. thats five quid...ta hen

It would definately thin out the herd so to speak. People would be overdosing and dying like flies.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Drugs will always apart of who we are as society, culture, beliefs systems, and individual choices no matter if they are legal or illegal. Just look at this community… not that I am saying anyone is doing anything illicit …IT IS ALL HYPOTHETICAL OF COURSE!

people say legalizing would stop druggies from stealing and stuff.... how would it stop them???? they would steal more to get the money for drugs. they dont rob peoples houses for drugs they rob them for the money they use to buy drugs

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    It would definately thin out the herd so to speak. People would be overdosing and dying like flies.
    Not necessarily true. Everyone has access if they want to, just as alcohol is on the market but not everyone drinks and other drugs are not but people still use them. Laws do not stop people from doing what they want to do and the legalization or criminalization does not make the difference. The difference is in the availability.

Man it takes a lond time to drink yourself to death, most people don't have the stomach for it (literraly)

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i dont think they should be legal.... and you cant legalize some and not all....
    i think drugs have done some good things for us i truly do. if you don't think drugs have done anything good for us do me a favor, go home take all your tapes all your cd's all your records and burn em. cause u know what all those artists that have enhanced your lives throughout the years, were reeeeeeaaaaalll f*cking high on drugs (that line is from Tool's thirdeye). throughout our whole time on earth people have been trying to alter their state of mind and how they feel. if all the drugs were gone from the earth today we would just invent different drugs. thats just my humble opinion.

hey, ive used AS, so im not saying they shouldnt be on earth, im just saying i think its a mistake if our govt promotes and legalizes the sale of them

drugs are a moral issue ,you can't legislate morality. if you don't wanna do drugs u don't have too. those that do should be able to. our prison population has doubled since 1985 do to the mandatory sentences for drug offenders.

Shadowfax is offline New Member
    Alright guys

My feeling on the whole thing is that most drugs should be totally legalised.

If the day ever comes along when a politician has the balls to do it, i truely believe that the world would be a better place. Not too sure about the US but here in the UK if all drugs were legalised the knock-on effect would be immense. Think about it, if people could go into their local off-licence or liquer store and buy a perfectly legal (and taxed) drug it would almost immediately put the street dealers out of business. Just think of a casual drug taker who takes the odd bit of gear at the weekend. That gear is almost guarenteed to be cut with some sort of crap, which is the reason the user feels the need to take more and more each time he/she uses it (thus creating the "first time" effect). Now if that user could be 100% certain that every weekend the drugs would be of the same standard dosage, surely it would mean less binge drug taking? I'm well aware that people build up a tolerance to drugs no matter what they are but just think of the deaths that could be stopped from happening purely because the drugs are going to be the real deal and not mixed with god knows what. So lets say that this goes on for a year. In that year the amount of money that the government would make is amazing. This money could be put back in to help Joe public by funding research and safe places for the severely addicted to go and do their biz instead of some sh*thole of a dump where they run a massive risk of OD'ing or even being infected by HIV. The government could control how strong the drugs would be and because they are cut less, users would consume less. Just think that after a year the police officers would be back to doing what they should be doing - fighting real crime. The burgler who snatches from houses to pay the extortionate prices of his dealer does not have to go out looting to get a hit if shops are selling better goods for a lesser price, thus police would have the time on their hands to deal with true crimes.

maybe its all crap nut it seems quite reasonable to me...

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I am against legalizing drugs. Personally I feel cigarettes and liquor should be illegal. Just legalize AS.

thats just silly. Alcohol has a history with this great country. In fact did you know that the reason the mayflower landed on plymouth rock is because they ran out of Ale? Our american history can be traced through alcohol. I mean Soldiers used to be rationed beer during combat. Cant get rid of cigs, we tax it already and state and local govs make tons on that. I say decriminalize marijuana, u cant OD from that.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Someone made a joke recently on tv that we should legalize drugs, but only let pharmaceutical companies market them...then no one will afford them!!

I personally think legalizing in the United States is too difficult, too difficult, in amsterdam they have been very easy with soft drugs for a long time so people adapted and there is very little trouble thats drug related. In the US the sudden legalization will release a wave of drug related deaths. murders, rapes , crime and mainly underage kids causing all of it, lets not forget car accidents. This will in turn bring anti-drug groups that are so hardcore the stuff will be banned again in less that a week.

There are too many irresponsible, immature , unworthy people that will misuse something like drug legalization. I know there are many people that do drugs now even when they are illegal, but legalizing it would just put every young person on a permanent 'party' mode that will destroy everything, everyday i see people around me and none of them i would trust to be responsible with drugs.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    I have mixed feelings about how this would work. If it were legalized, it would have to be very cheap, if not the goverment will not make any money off it because everybody will just grow their own plants. I think another problem could possibly be the quality of the plant and how potent it is. They would all have to meet the same expectations.

There are Pros & Cons to everything.

imagine going to CVS and asking for steroids , lol

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Legalization of drugs is the only way to go IMO.

People seem to have this absurd idea that legalization is somehow comparable to society giving everyone a green light to lay down their shovels and become a junkie. Again, like every other economic argument out there, the layperson has not thought about it for even 1 minute. Legalization of drugs is not about anything other than allocation and taxation of cash flow for a thriving, existing industry.

The money spent on the War on Drugs and other countermeasures should be spent on protecting citizens from real crimes; crimes committed against other persons The illegal drug industry generates billions of dollars for countries like Columbia. Why should Americans have to pay $100 for a gram of coke when the sh*t could easily be produced, packaged, marketed, and sold for a few bucks a gram. Also, I see no reason society should squader it's law enforcement resources on the Tony Soprano's of the world. The only reason these people can extort money from society is because moralistic popular opinion, provides politicians with motivation to create a business environment in which these bums can prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    I have mixed feelings about how this would work. If it were legalized, it would have to be very cheap, if not the goverment will not make any money off it because everybody will just grow their own plants. I think another problem could possibly be the quality of the plant and how potent it is. They would all have to meet the same expectations.

There are Pros & Cons to everything.

sorn is offline Junior Member
    Well this is how I look at it: If I were a leader I would legalize it and it would be selled by the government. Why? Because why let my gangster enemies grow on it?
    Also I would make prostitution legal... for the same reason.

prostetution is a whole other topic, and who the hell knows why that is illegal (not hijaking here)

cavemanspearchucker is offline Associate Member
    if we legalize drugs what would all the nice peopel at the DEA do? why do u think there not legal. the government gets more money from us if their illigal even if they legalized them and taxed the **** out of them. war on drugs has been going on for years.http://www.guerrillanews.com/war_on_drugs/

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    The DEA enforces whatever drug laws are in place....if drugs were legal they would probably just regulate it, make sure cocaine wasn't being given to 10 year olds, make sure no illegal prescription drugs are sold, ect.

Prohibition of alcohol gave us the Al Copon and the Mafia, prohibition of drugs has given us the Crips, Bloods, and Columbian drug lords....along with funding terrorism.....why not get rid of these guys by legalizing it? Regulate it tightly, hence the DEA still existing....and punish anyone who comits a drug related crime with such intensity that the idea of driving under the influence becomes a thing of the past....for the most part. Look at Europe; no one drinks and drives over there because they are terrified of the penalties. Here it is just a slap on the wrist so no one cares.....

The governement could still tax drugs and they would still be cheaper.....I think From what I am aware of the plants that are used to make these drugs allow for cheap products, and its just that they are marked up so high because people are addicted......So it could help with our national debt.

IMO drugs wouldn't become that much more popular if they were legalized, it would pretty much be the same people using them as before. Kids might find it funny to get wasted on the weekend, but probably not to see someone's eyes roll back in their head, turn pale and freak out when they take herione....I hope not anyway. The only thing that would make me disagree with legalizing drugs is more people getting addicted......I'll admit I am not totally aware of what is expected to happen to drug use if it were legalized, is someone on here a rehab counselor or something?

Thread Information