Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member

Drilling for oil

Does anyone else agree with me that we should drill for oil in Alaska so we could pay 25 cents a gallon and we wouldnt have to get it from the middle east countries that can charge us whatever the hell they want

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Rizz the Canadians and U.S. libs are gonna go nuts on this one! We will eventually when we have sucked up everyone elses! I can guarantee that.

i dont understand why people wouldnt want us to drill there, there are so many places in alaska that are uninhabited exept for a penguin and polar bear..... and there is oil there, its not like they are knocking down houses and drilling, if im wrong let me know as everyone here knows i am open for any opionion.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    Does anyone else agree with me that we should drill for oil in Alaska so we could pay 25 cents a gallon and we wouldnt have to get it from the middle east countries that can charge us whatever the hell they want

First off, gas will never be 25 cents a gallon. Secondly, there is not enough oil in Alaska to provide fuel for the U.S. for even 10 years, so you would have to go right back to using foreign oil. Thirdly, North America pays WAY less than anywhere else in the world.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i dont understand why people wouldnt want us to drill there, there are so many places in alaska that are uninhabited exept for a penguin and polar bear..... and there is oil there, its not like they are knocking down houses and drilling, if im wrong let me know as everyone here knows i am open for any opionion.
    The prime area they are looking to open up for drilling is protected (I believe as a national park) and is a caribou grazing area.

i could have sworn i read that they had gas for well over 200 years

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    IMO we need to save our oil......which is what we are doing. If tensions in the middle east go so bad that we can't get our oil from there, and we don't have any of our own, we are quite screwed.......

i stand corrected, thanks guys

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    American drilling in Alaska is great for Canadians. You don't think we let it pass thru our borders or seas for free do you. It's a monopoly situation for us, you can't get the stuff home without going thru us and we know you are hooped. In this market, we're the only game in town .

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Rizz the Canadians and U.S. libs are gonna go nuts on this one! We will eventually when we have sucked up everyone elses! I can guarantee that.

Talking

Point taken Chica. As far as the carabou etc.. I quoted a job in Maine this year that was on a fast track to get started because if they didn't they were going to have to shut the job down for 6 months or something because of the soft shell turtle mating season they paid millions extra because of it and it would cost millions of dollars more in fines if they weren't done because of it.

The ever precious soft sheel turtle must not be disturbed when it is mating!

of course if the cure for cancer was in the water we wouldnt be able to get it if the turtles were mating that day

True the soft shell turtle is a very private creature and does not give public displays of affection!

Thread Information