Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Badgerman is offline Banned

Who's the Great Satan??

Pentagon raps 'Islamophobic general'
    by
    Thursday 19 August 2004 9:33 PM GMT

Gen William Boykin called 'war on terror' a fight against Satan

The Pentagon has found a top US general who made controversial comments about Muslims guilty of violating defence regulations.

A senior defence official said the Pentagon's findings into Lieutenant General William Boykin's public speeches to church groups have been referred to acting Army Secretary Les Brownlea for "corrective action".

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, described the violations as "minor" infractions of bureaucratic rules, particularly when set against the media firestorm touched off by Boykin's speeches last year, in which he cast the "war on terror" as a Christian battle against Satan.

Boykin's speeches created a furore particularly since he was a top Pentagon intelligence official in charge of the hunt for Usama bin Ladin. Muslims groups condemned him as Islamophobic.

Derisive speeches

In a speech to a group in Oregon in June 2003, Boykin said radical Islamists hated the United States "because we are a Christian nation, because our foundation and our roots are Judeo-Christian…and the enemy is a guy named Satan".

In another speech describing a battle with a Somali warlord, he said, "I knew my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol".

The Pentagon probe faulted Boykin for not clearing his speeches ahead of time with public affairs officials, and for failing to make a disclaimer in the speeches that the views he expressed were his own and not necessarily those of the department.

It also found that on one occasion he failed to report on financial disclosure forms a payment he received from a group to cover travel expenses.

I find this interesting......our generals including Bush I believe, think the Muslims are the Satanic ones. Now the Muslims think America is the great Satan. Who's right? Satan is the father of lies. Who lies?? Certainly politicians lie, the CIA is totally based on lies and deception. Saddam certainly stood there and lied. So is it fair to say Satan controls the governments of the world? This doesn't seem to be a war of good vs. evil.....but evil vs. evil......unfortunately we're caught in the middle.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Evil vs Evil but our gov't is the lesser of two evils IMO.

BigGenes is offline Member
    This world hasn't been going in the right direction for some time. lol I am not calling anyone satan, but none of us are perfect. Everyone makes dumb choices. Some more important than others. Some people see their actions as being just. But it is the eyes of God to judge who is really evil. Anyone stating that anyone else is satan, needs to remember that it is sinful to judge another man. This would make our leaders sinners, well duh. We are all sinners. We just have to decided who is the best person to run our country, not who sinned the most. I am a Bush supporter. But this pissing contest about who did what back in veitnam, doesn't mean $hit to me. I am basing my "judgement" on who I think the best man for the job is.

Sorry to change the direction of the thread. I just was going with the thought I had. Plus I was watching FoxNews thinking how stupid it was that both parties are trying to get dirt on each other. Everyone makes mistakes, I would like for once someone to run for pres and say, "yea I smoked pot when I was young. I stole **** when I was young. I use to drink like a fish in college. I hated the war I was in and the only reason I went is b/c I had to." If someone would just be honest and let it all out, no one could say anything. They couldn't say anything b/c we have all made mistakes, we are all not the same people we were when we were young. With age comes knowledge, maturity, ect... Why can't everyone see that. Oh BTW fow news was talking bad about bush today, right after they talked bad about Kerry. I thought I would throw that in, b/c some people here seem to think they are one sided.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Satan means adversary. Satan isnt always refering to a demon or the devil. In the Quran is refers to non-believers as infidels ( non-believers) and it is said that there will be a Holy battle called the Jihad and this is where they are suppose to be at war with the infidels. It says they will win, yeah right they are gonna kick our azz with 1970's technology weapons. They dont even have ballistic weapons. I think we should stop educating them. Unlike other ethnic groups it doesnt change their perspective on their religion.

But when they refer to the Great Satan they are refering to christian and jewish culture. And for some reason Western civilization is lumped into that as well. They think the best honor could be for them to die in battle with the infidels. All the women wish they could be a jihadist and think it isnt fair that they cant be. The parents think it is the highest honor for there children to grow up and become a martyr. There culture has been infected and we can not trust them.

The Idea that they can live in a Democratic society is rediculous. You just watch if the Iraqi citazens are given a choice to vote. They would vote to live in a taliban type society. That is who they are. They dont want a seperation of church and state. The biggest problem with this entire war is one everyone is exploiting the war for their own personal agenda and political gains. Bush is not being as tough as he needs to be. and Kerry sure the He!! isnt gonna be tough on Al Queda. We all heard his statements that we need to be sensitive to those people. And the liberal idea that by actually invading arab coutrys and being on arab soil is offending the mass majority of the arab world and we did is stirred up a Hornets nest. Well I say we show what a Hornets nest is all about. By the way The Hornets nest anology was made by Gore.

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    Ahhh yes....... finally somone who knows their stuff....... thank you Anhydro.

physio_sport is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    Satan means adversary. Satan isnt always refering to a demon or the devil. In the Quran is refers to non-believers as infidels ( non-believers)
    no it doesn't.

in the quran the non-beliver i the kaffir or kuffar.

the devil is know as shay-taan.

it is said that there will be a Holy battle called the Jihad and this is where they are suppose to be at war with the infidels. It says they will win, yeah right they are gonna kick our azz with 1970's technology weapons. They dont even have ballistic weapons. I think we should stop educating them. Unlike other ethnic groups it doesnt change their perspective on their religion.
    no it doesn't becuase jihad does not mean holy war.

the word for holy war in arabic is harbun muqaddasatu, or for the holy war it would be al-harbu al-muqaddasatu.

jihad means struggle (in the name of god).

as in to achive in the name of god which makes things holy.

for example if you worked in a company which you hated but you continued to work there becuase you needed to feed your family then that would mean you applied jihad to the work and struggled in the name of god and that makes it holy work.

if someone invades your land and puts you under opression and your people declare a war and fight and struggle for the freedom of your people you apply jihad to the war and it will make it a holy war, but the word jihad will never mean holy war.

But when they refer to the Great Satan they are refering to christian and jewish culture. And for some reason Western civilization is lumped into that as well. They think the best honor could be for them to die in battle with the infidels. All the women wish they could be a jihadist and think it isnt fair that they cant be. The parents think it is the highest honor for there children to grow up and become a martyr. There culture has been infected and we can not trust them.

The Idea that they can live in a Democratic society is rediculous. You just watch if the Iraqi citazens are given a choice to vote. They would vote to live in a taliban type society. That is who they are. They dont want a seperation of church and state. The biggest problem with this entire war is one everyone is exploiting the war for their own personal agenda and political gains. Bush is not being as tough as he needs to be. and Kerry sure the He!! isnt gonna be tough on Al Queda. We all heard his statements that we need to be sensitive to those people. And the liberal idea that by actually invading arab coutrys and being on arab soil is offending the mass majority of the arab world and we did is stirred up a Hornets nest. Well I say we show what a Hornets nest is all about. By the way The Hornets nest anology was made by Gore.
    actually it is illeagle under islam to live in anything else then the system of the Caliphate or in arabic Khilafah.

so technically it is illeagle for the muslims to live under kings,queens,prime ministers,presidents,monarchys,taliban system,dictatorships,princes,pincesses,pharoes or any thing else which is not the califate.
    Last edited by physio_sport; 08-20-2004 at 03:19 PM.

He asked who was the Great satan was. What arabic word means what doesnt matter. This is what the clerics are teaching their people.

And how you think about the Jihad is the same as the Female muslims on a documentry I seen. That is not how the Muslim men think of the Jihad. Ive heard quote after quote.

And the people that ran the Taliban and Osoma thought that they had created the perfect muslim state. Stoning people in the streets, and going around flogging everyone for not following muslim customs.

You are very educated on the muslim religion. But the difference between the way they follow it and they way it is translated is the same for all religions. Wrong

Who is the great satan they scream about in mousqes??? Us!!!!

He asked who was the Great satan was. What arabic word means what doesnt matter. This is what the clerics are teaching their people.

And how you think about the Jihad is the same as the Female muslims on a documentry I seen. That is not how the Muslim men think of the Jihad. Ive heard quote after quote.

And the people that ran the Taliban and Osoma thought that they had created the perfect muslim state. Stoning people in the streets, and going around flogging everyone for not following muslim customs.

You are very educated on the muslim religion. But the difference between the way they follow it and they way it is translated is the same for all religions. Wrong

Who is the great satan they scream about in mousqes??? Us!!!!

1. the reason mulims use the word jihad when they talk in the current situation is becuase right now they are being occupied by either puppet regimes or foreign millitries, so they belive they are at war. and becuase they belive they are at war they apply jihad to the war and make it a holy war.

thats why they use the word jihad to describe the current war as holy becuase they are fighting for there freedom in the name of god and with the help of god.

eg. they struggle and strive in this war to free themselves of oppression with the belief that god is on there side.

often you will hear people say for example "every muslim needs to be involved with the jihad" this means "every muslim needs to be involved with the struggle"

and you see groups like "islamic jihad" this means "islamic struggle".

jihad basically is a stand against opression and can only be declared as self defense when applied to war.

also remember jihad is 1 word and can only be translated into 1 word.

2. osama and his people belive his way was the correct way becuase they are whabbi muslims and belive all other muslims are heratics and false-belivers.
    so they refuse to even recognise mulims from lebanon,iran,iraq and so on mainly the shia,sufi,sunni and mirza muslims.

3. the great satan they refer to is not the west but the western governments and the irealis.
    the west has done many bad things to the arabs and the middleeast in fact all those countries like saudi arabi, iraq and so on where actually created by the french and british.

also another point i also get american news channels and most of the time if not all of the time muslims are never shown talking about america normally infact if you watch the european & asian channels and listen to most people they have nothing bad to say about the american people but only the government becuase they belive it is always interfearing and medaling with there countries.

Once again I can tell you are very informed on the subject even knowing more details/specs than I. Im glad to see that you know that much and still have a level headed perspective on it.

I watch pakistani news and Al jasera News ( how ever thats spelled). On NWI, its on satalite. If you watch how these people cover the news it is nuts. When covering the Al Sader conflict. They make no mention that Al Saders followers are staging attacks from within the mousqes. Just that The United States are attacking the mousqe. Its no wonder why these people think the way they do. The major News station are extremist muslim activists. It burns my azz that any time Osama wants to put a message out Al Jasera goes and has a hand to hand transaction with the Terrorists and never trys to stop them.

I have watched a couple Documentrys on the muslim faith in relation to the events going on today. One was all the palastinian suicde bombers and their familys and the other was on Pakistani familys perspective on the Jihad that was going on in Afganistan. Those shows did not paint a pretty picture for those guys. Well realy they did it themselves.

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    I would love for all the bleeding heart liberal bitch$ in this country to take a walk down the streets of najaf or fallujah and try to spew there bs on the masses they would be gutted.

What has the United States done to these arab countrys. Backed isreal???? Is that enough to make them hate us?? Yes it is. Thats it in a nutshell. They dont like the idea that we aided the isrealis in the 7 Day War. Im very pleased that we did that and wouldnt have it any other way than to further dominate the region. Im suprised that Isreali civilians havnt been attacking the palastinians and there monuments. What the arabs done to the Temple mount is discracefull. And the Mousqe sitting on top of it needs to be leveled.

As much as they refer to us as the Great Satan. I feel the same for them. I oppose anything that makes Muslims prosper.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Satan means adversary. Satan isnt always refering to a demon or the devil.
    Satan in the Holy Quran is called the Shaytan. It means the same in all the Abrahamic faiths. The Shaytan is a fallen angel who refused to bow down to man, and in consequence disobeyed GOD's commandment.

In the Quran is refers to non-believers as infidels ( non-believers) and it is said that there will be a Holy battle called the Jihad and this is where they are suppose to be at war with the infidels.
    Infidels never existed in the Islamic Vocabulary. That word was brought to Islamic Lands by drunk conquering Crusaders, who used to call MUSLIMS, infidels.

Jihad does not mean war, it means a struggle in the way of GOD. Jihad could mean war.

It says they will win, yeah right they are gonna kick our azz with 1970's technology weapons. They dont even have ballistic weapons. I think we should stop educating them. Unlike other ethnic groups it doesnt change their perspective on their religion.
    If you are religious, didnt Adam beat Goliath, its not about weapons or technology, its about beliefs and will power. In Chechnya, the brutal Russian army has been carpet bombing all cities, yet they still get their asses handed to them everday. Islamic Nations would have up to date weapons if the US and Israel didnt go an invade Islamic countries trying to get them, like Libya, Iran, and Iraq. Iran and Pakistan are the only hope to expand the Islamic Army threat.

[quote]But when they refer to the Great Satan they are refering to christian and jewish culture. And for some reason Western civilization is lumped into that as well.[.quote]

The Great Satan term was invented by Ayotallah Khomenie, to describe America and its little child Israel. Its not calling Western Culture the Great Satan. You are assuming and lumping in sterotypes very well.

They think the best honor could be for them to die in battle with the infidels. All the women wish they could be a jihadist and think it isnt fair that they cant be. The parents think it is the highest honor for there children to grow up and become a martyr. There culture has been infected and we can not trust them.
    The best honor in life is dying for GOD, in a battle against people fighting you in YOUR HOMES, in YOUR LANDS, some examples - Chechnya, Palestine, Iraq, Kashmir.

The Idea that they can live in a Democratic society is rediculous. You just watch if the Iraqi citazens are given a choice to vote. They would vote to live in a taliban type society. That is who they are. They dont want a seperation of church and state.
    I agree, I wonder if GOD had a master plan calling for seperation of Church and State.
    Last edited by CAUSASIAN; 08-22-2004 at 03:02 PM.

And the Mousqe sitting on top of it needs to be leveled.
    Lets see if anyone has the balls to level that Mosque. Thats a funny thought though.

I think the mosque should become a urinal!!!!!

What do you really think you muslims can do except be little ankle biters. There is nothing about any of your people that would ever scare me. Uncivilized, Uneducated,Rip off Religion, Scrawny stick boys!!!!! You people where made for target practice.

zOaib is offline VET
    I think the mosque should become a urinal!!!!!

What do you really think you muslims can do except be little ankle biters. There is nothing about any of your people that would ever scare me. Uncivilized, Uneducated,Rip off Religion, Scrawny stick boys!!!!! You people where made for target practice.
    what a retard ! boy u lack info on the real world ! SERIOUSLY !

zOaib is offline VET
    PEOPLE who are afraid to DIE , disregarding any matter , are not the GUIDED ones ! ........... PEOPLE who are not afraid to die are the guided ones ! caus eonly true faith gives that power , i wanna see one christian or a jew try to strap a bomb and go kill his enemies , who have raped and killed the mothers , daughters and children of the opressed !

Yeah it takes real military might to sneak a bomb onto a bus,night club,cafe,store and kill a bunch of civilian men,women,children. If they are so tough why dont they organize and fight Isreals army??? They are guided you say... Your a retard that admires fighting like a b!tch!!

Us civilized countrys ( christians and jews) are advanced enough to not have to resort to strapping bombs to our waists. It doesnt mean they are not Guided by god just because their options are a little more advanced and non-lethal.

Im not saying that it doesnt take balls to strap a bomb belt on and go kill yourself. But when refering to that act as couragous, the line is drawn when they do that to purposely go kill innocent people. If you notice Isreali citizens are a little more reserved when it come to dealing with these terrorists. You dont see Isreali civilians going over to the palastinians killing innocent civilians. Every once in a while, actually more than every once in a while you see the isreali military taking out militant targets and killing civilians in the process. But the answer to this one is simple. Dont let your kids play near known top level militants. Isreal has to take these targets out no matter what. And if the supposed innocent people hanging out with the militants are not smart enough to stay away then of course they are gonna end up getting hurt. If the Palastinians want to stop it. It is as simple as not supporting the militant groups.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Lets see if anyone has the balls to level that Mosque. Thats a funny thought though.

Anyone one of these israeli units could have that mosque smoldering in 15 minutes -Sayeret Duvdevan (Unit 217) Sayeret Egoz (Unit 621) LOTAR Eilat (Unit 7707) and trust me they would have the balls to do it.

I really wish they would. that only looks bad for the jewish religion. And it really shows what they are willing to put up with.

I used to look at these things with an open mind until yesterday even though i have fought some of the same people they are fighting in iraq today (terrorists from afhganistan) When i learned early this morning that my friend i served with in afganistan had been killed in najaf,iraq. Now i really dont care about winning hearts and minds.

No way your freind was one of those guys that died today??? I feel bad for you man.

Ive never really been trying to win hearts( if you cant tell). As far as im concerned both side have a legit arguement. And they both have there reasons to be mad. But we dont live in a fair world. This stuff works only by whos stronger. Thats the way it has allways worked. And even though the intellectuals may cry when all this goes down. Thats fine savages have kicked civilized cultures azz's all through time. Let us be the exception!!!!!!!!

It was a few days ago but his mom couldnt call me for a few days understandably. From what i understand through from some of my contacts on the ground there, his unit was doing a recon mission deep inside najaf around the Imam Ali Shrine compound apprently they were looking for an insertion point for a future raid if the negoations fell through. They were busted on the way out back to the rally point and started taking heavy fire and a bullet followed the wall of an alley way they were going into and it hit him in the right lung died 10 mins later. He was a good man and an exceptional Operator.

You dont see Isreali civilians going over to the palastinians killing innocent civilians.
    israel has a millitry draft all men have to serve 3 years and all women serve 2 years in the israeli millitry. the bulk of the israeli millitry is made up of "civillians" who serve in the forces.

some can draft dodge if they have a legitimate reason.

so technically israelis "civillians" do go over to palestine and fight with the palestinians.

this is one reason why palestinians use suicide bombs against israeli becuase they see all israeli's as legitamte millitry targets becuase og the millitry draft.

israeli's civillians are basically reserve soldiers.

Yeah it takes real military might to sneak a bomb onto a bus,night club,cafe,store and kill a bunch of civilian men,women,children. If they are so tough why dont they organize and fight Isreals army??? They are guided you say... Your a retard that admires fighting like a b!tch!!
    palestine doesn't have a millitry becuase israel won;t let it have one.

its kind of like asking a man with no arms to fight using queensbury rules.

Us civilized countrys ( christians and jews) are advanced enough to not have to resort to strapping bombs to our waists. It doesnt mean they are not Guided by god just because their options are a little more advanced and non-lethal.
    who said christian and jews are civillised?

nearly most major events of destruction has been created by "civillized" christians and jews in the last 2000 years. next you would be telling me that the whites are superior.

Quote Originally Posted by JT2k
    Anyone one of these israeli units could have that mosque smoldering in 15 minutes -Sayeret Duvdevan (Unit 217) Sayeret Egoz (Unit 621) LOTAR Eilat (Unit 7707) and trust me they would have the balls to do it.
    If they could they would. No **** they can, heck somalia cant destroy a structure.

I want to see it happen though.

Ill fly right over and fight, I dont care if I last one second in battle with the Imperial Israeli Military Juggernaut.
    Last edited by CAUSASIAN; 08-23-2004 at 10:22 AM.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    I wanna see one christian or a jew try to strap a bomb and go kill his enemies , who have raped and killed the mothers , daughters and children of the opressed !
    I think most have done it the honorable way.....with guns and such while wearing a uniform. Blowing up unsuspecting people on a busy street doesn't sound honorable to me.

Causasian.....it was David not Adam that slew Goliath....fyi.

zOaib is offline VET
    Im not saying that it doesnt take balls to strap a bomb belt on and go kill yourself. But when refering to that act as couragous, the line is drawn when they do that to purposely go kill innocent people. If you notice Isreali citizens are a little more reserved when it come to dealing with these terrorists. You dont see Isreali civilians going over to the palastinians killing innocent civilians. Every once in a while, actually more than every once in a while you see the isreali military taking out militant targets and killing civilians in the process. But the answer to this one is simple. Dont let your kids play near known top level militants. Isreal has to take these targets out no matter what. And if the supposed innocent people hanging out with the militants are not smart enough to stay away then of course they are gonna end up getting hurt. If the Palastinians want to stop it. It is as simple as not supporting the militant groups.
    let me correct your mis information , plalestinians are first not a militis they are a group of people being genocided by the israelies , the isrealies come in tnaks and blow up a couple of houses wiht civilians in it , what do u think they are gonna do , specially if i a guy loses his wife n kids right infornt of him , u think u would sit there n do nothing , plsu they dont even ahve proper armaments to tackle isrealies so they use them selves as weapons ........ and believe me a nation built upon the ideal of a seperation of church n state , n where adultery , fornication , homosexuality is at flare , definatley is not guided by GOD ......... even if u r christian read the bible .......... u do almost everythign against your own religion , and america is not a christian state , but is thought to be by some individuals , God gave the pharoash 500 years to correct his mistakes , before he sent forward moses and GODSMACKED his ass out of his throne ! ............. and history repeats itself ......... !

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by physio_sport
    palestine doesn't have a millitry becuase israel won;t let it have one.

its kind of like asking a man with no arms to fight using queensbury rules.

who said christian and jews are civillised?

nearly most major events of destruction has been created by "civillized" christians and jews in the last 2000 years. next you would be telling me that the whites are superior.
    bro u r talking to a nation , which was made on the genocided blood of the native american indians , when was the last time u saw a happy indian family walking in the mall or soemthing !

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    bro u r talking to a nation , which was made on the genocided blood of the native american indians , when was the last time u saw a happy indian family walking in the mall or soemthing !
    They don't go to malls.....with all that casino money, they order their stuff on line.....like real Americans. hahahahahaha

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    They don't go to malls.....with all that casino money, they order their stuff on line.....like real Americans. hahahahahaha
    u do know what i am talking about ,

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I love it! These morons are talking about how brave someone has to be to blow themselves up. Hop on an airplane fly over there and blow yourselves up PLEASE! The world will be a better place without you.

I understand why they think this way. Im just the opposite head strong person. I have read up on things like the palastinian and Isreali conflict. And Yes I would be pissed off to no end if I where a palastinian. And the muslims all support them because they think Isreal is their holy land as well. I dont blame them. But I feel like they where designed to be my enemy so they are.

If I was over there living with them I would probally be spouting off the same crap. At one time Muslims where powerfull they went around kicking everyones azz. And at that time the jews were probally like " All the muslims are savages they are killing all our people""" Its been going back and forth like this for centurys!!!! Its not gonna stop either.

Because they want to stop at nothing less than our Death.

And I pray for theirs on a nightly basis!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by causasian
    If they could they would.

If they employed the same tatics as the PLO and got away with it like the PLO they could do it and no one would stop them. I would help Fly on over too iraq ill be there soon.
    Last edited by JT2k; 08-23-2004 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I love it! These morons are talking about how brave someone has to be to blow themselves up. Hop on an airplane fly over there and blow yourselves up PLEASE! The world will be a better place without you.

Yep your right

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    As far as I am concerned Jihad means convert or die........
    I choose not to convert and I choose not to die.

Thread Information