Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Anhydro78's Avatar
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,439

    Dont be fooled by all the Clinton photo ops.

    What we did with Russia basically giving them Billions in aid and technology to upgrade their Ballistic Weapons detection systems, was all for a Photo Op. Thats its Bill Clinton looked real cool making supposed allies with Russia. Well we see how just one administration later they are opposing everything we try to do in the U.N. It was one expensive handshake!!!!!


    When Bill Clinton gave Yassier Arafat a few Billions just to negotiate peace talks with isreal. Remember they went to camp david and filmed the whole thing , Getting some handshakes in there. Isreal pretty much had a proposal for a 50/50 split of the land, and it wasnt to be occupied anymore. And Arafat rejected the proposal. And then it was said that the Palastinians where not going to accept anything less than the death of all Jews and to make Isreal once again Palastine. That was another expensive hand shake photo.

    Thats just a few that stuck in my mind that where a joke. Russia even with diplomacy will still not ever be a true allie. And if the palastinians think they want to kill all the Jews. The Jews need to bulldose their houses and send them packing. The ankle biting is really getting bad over there.

    There was more times where I can remember wondering why the he!! Clinton was throwing money at everyone. It all comes down to wanting to be known as a Diplomatic President and to appear as a peace maker.

    If it costs billions for a coutry to let us be Diplomatic with them it isnt worth it anyways.


    And these are just a couple examples where it shows we can sweet talk and fill the enemys bank accounts all we want. It just doesnt work that way.



    So how many of you guys remember some good exampls of clinton acctually making one of these donations that actually turned out to be in our best intrest. Where is all our support??? Where is something that he did that actually worked??? Im sure there is some I just cant remember them. I just remember cussing him all the time for giving away all our money!!!

  2. #2
    saboudian's Avatar
    saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Michigan State University
    Posts
    1,712
    One of the very important pieces left out of the 9/11 commision's report was our foreign policy in the ME, I don't think our stance on Israel was mentioned at all. Although it sucks that the american ppl are out of some money, those peace talks were very important, and I beleive since then, arafat has accepted the deal, but he is no longer in a position to do so, and I'm not sure if Israel would accept it anymore anyways.

    As far as Russia, not nearly enough money was put back into their economy when the soviet union collapsed.

    I think you should look for another point to attack clinton on, from what I understand, this is just how some things get done in the world, but its much easier to look at bush and where the money is going, but thats another time.

  3. #3
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Russia has several million nerve gas artillery shells (briefcase size)sitting in wooden racks (with questionable security) on the shores of the Caspian sea. We were going to help with the destruction, but the funding isn't there.......so they sit there waiting to be stolen or sold on the black market.

  4. #4
    Anhydro78's Avatar
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,439
    Im not attacking Clinton saboudion. Im just trying to proove that Dimplomacy looks great but it isnt the answer for everything. It should be used before War but it shouldnt have to cost us money either. It made Clinton appear to be a peace maker and everything else.

    I was just trying to get a discussion going on why we cant hold out for Russia and France and other established enemys to come to our aid in the War On Terror. Its not gonna happen. The Democrates shouting "we went it alone" and acting like president Bush was doing something wrong by not including them in the action. Those statements where only made for stupid people to believe. Plain and simple!!!

    And another reason being sensitive on The War On Terror isnt going to work. We need dimplomacy in some areas but its not gonna work everywhere.

    How many think we can bribe North Korea or Iran into cooperating with us???

  5. #5
    Anhydro78's Avatar
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,439
    And Badgerman all the Chemical and Biological weapons that where made decades ago are very dangerous to handle. They are actually more of a danger to the communitys or people that live around the Depots than actually being used in a war or conflict. If they tried to use them they would be gasing themselves. The guys handling these things would have to be in Bio/chem suits.

  6. #6
    saboudian's Avatar
    saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Michigan State University
    Posts
    1,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    Im not attacking Clinton saboudion. Im just trying to proove that Dimplomacy looks great but it isnt the answer for everything. It should be used before War but it shouldnt have to cost us money either. It made Clinton appear to be a peace maker and everything else. ???
    Basically, the truman doctrine. I don't like the fact that it costed us money either, but this is unfortunately how certain things that are done in the world. Had a peace been reached, there are many problems that we are dealing with now that would have been resolved. War shouldn't be a solution unless it is absolutely necessary and we are facing an imminent threat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I was just trying to get a discussion going on why we cant hold out for Russia and France and other established enemys to come to our aid in the War On Terror. Its not gonna happen. The Democrates shouting "we went it alone" and acting like president Bush was doing something wrong by not including them in the action. Those statements where only made for stupid people to believe. Plain and simple!!!
    Well, the problem with going it alone is that we don't have a great image in the middle east, if we want something done there, it can't look like america is just bullying them around, this only adds to the anti-americanism. Its sorta like with the police, if there's a steady mixture of black and white cops, then it will ease the tensions with the african american community.

    The main problem with Bush's decision to go alone is that he rushed to war and made a case for Iraq being an imminent threat without actually ever saying it was. In any case, had we waited another month, and let the working weapons inspections continue, france would have changed their vote. If it were truly an imminent threat, we would not have waited.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    And another reason being sensitive on The War On Terror isnt going to work. We need dimplomacy in some areas but its not gonna work everywhere.
    Well both candiates have stated that they would fight the war on terror more sensitively, so whatchya gonna do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    How many think we can bribe North Korea or Iran into cooperating with us???
    I'm unsure of Iran, except that it seems that the bush administration is trying to build them up. As for North Korea, for some time, since the Clinton administration, I beleive we have been involved in talks and offering economic incentives to them, so hopefully they will work.

  7. #7
    saboudian's Avatar
    saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Michigan State University
    Posts
    1,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    And Badgerman all the Chemical and Biological weapons that where made decades ago are very dangerous to handle. They are actually more of a danger to the communitys or people that live around the Depots than actually being used in a war or conflict. If they tried to use them they would be gasing themselves. The guys handling these things would have to be in Bio/chem suits.
    Very true, but the problem that we are mainly concerned with is the poor security and accounting of their arsenal.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •