Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    BigGenes is offline Member

Maybe we need some rules in this forum

My thoughts are that some rules would help in the discusion of different topics. I thought up a few that might help. Anyone else who has some good thoughts, please throw them in.

1. If a thread starts about an certain area of a religion and you are not that religion, than do not post your opinions! The people talking about the subject at hand, all believe in what they are talking about and are not wanting someones thoughts on how their religion is wrong.

2. If you want everyones opinion on a subject, make sure its known. If you want an open discussion, say it.

3. Do not bash someones beliefs. Some(not all) people feel very strongly about what they believe. If you want to show them a way to view something, thats fine. But do not come out and say things like "I think all the bible is good for is whiping my ass with" Or something like "there it is, I am right and you don't know what your talking about" I said one of the things mentioned once. I was wrong for that.

4. When voiceing an opinion, remember to be objective and listen to what the other person has to say. Don't spout off without reading what other people have to say(I have done this too). READ A THREAD if it involves you.

5. If you do not know much about a subject, don't act like you do. Don't say things are are not true. This will discredit everything you say, and more than likely no one will listen to you.

6. Be nice.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I think a lot of those go without saying though, so I'm not sure we need to make them actual rules, per say. The mods seem to do a pretty good job regulating, and the same rules for behavior apply in this section, so its not like these are anything new. And when someone talks when they don't know what they are talking about, they get picked apart....so talk at your own risk I guess?.....JMO.
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 08-23-2004 at 04:13 PM.

Good point. But other forums carry guidlines. Ex. the steroid forum and the newbie stickies. I just thought it might be something for new comers to see.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGenes

If you do not know much about a subject, don't act like you do. Don't say things are are not true. This will discredit everything you say, and more than likely no one will listen to you.
    If this were a rule there would only be like 7 people able to post in the political threads so this one has to go

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGenes
    1. If a thread starts about an certain area of a religion and you are not that religion, than do not post your opinions! The people talking about the subject at hand, all believe in what they are talking about and are not wanting someones thoughts on how their religion is wrong.

thought all religion was wrong?

lol never mind then.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    That is a nice outline for being nice. But these things are not what get people coming back to talk. I for one actually am starting not to mind talking to the Muslim Causasian guy. He has brought up a couple good points and has comfirmed some of my prior opinions.

Really im probally the worst one as far as being hatefull on here, here lately. But thats kinda who I am. I have Bi-Polar disorder and I yell at people sometimes. IM not saying its not my fault. But I find it easy to say things I regret latter.

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    i have tourretts and I always shout obsenities.........

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I have Bi-Polar disorder and I yell at people sometimes. IM not saying its not my fault. But I find it easy to say things I regret latter.
    My brothers wife has Bi-Polar disorder, and she screams at me alot, so I am used to it.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I'm Irish, I have red hair and a temper to go with it. So I shout and hit people all the time too, but say anything about it and I'll call you a racist!.

Well I think if you do practice a religion and have allready studied it well. I think if you dont study the opposing religions you only risk being considered brainwashed and uninformed. For one thing if you are a person that has done any research on Christianity. You will have run into or have also studied the other religions associated with yours if you have studied yours with any depth. Studying the others only further helps explain yours.

Im not Bing rude to you Big Genes, from what i can remember you havnt said anything stupid. And I understand the desire to get along. But I really do find these threads intresting. Even if they do turn sour.

Yeah and about me being Bi-Polar, I come on here and may get ticked of to all he11. And then the next time I talk to you and may be reasonable. Dont get worried thinking im starting to like you. I will hate you again by the next time Im on here.LOL J/K

lol I just didn't see some of these post going anywhere. I mean its one persons views over another. I know good and well If I make a post about religion and put at the top, no muslims, only christains need to reply. I will get flamed bad. But some people make a post and only want to see certain views. Like "did jesus die on a stake or cross" This post was made for that question alone. Yet myself and many others on this board turned it around into a religious war. This is a War and religion forum, not a religion war forum. I was thinking we could stop that a little bit. Personally when someone tells me Christ was not the son of God, I look at them as ignorant. Just like they look at me as ignorant. That in itself is an open gate for big fights that end up with nothing accomplished. IMO

I hear ya!!! Something that was meant to be a nice discussion has turned into a argument.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Tell you what, we don't need new rules so much as we need some common sense. This isn't the lounge area, there are probably less than 10 regular contributors to this board so we should all have alittle respect for one another. In the middle eastern threads I'm going to start suspending people for language like ''sand niggers'', ''rag heads'', ''camel jockys'' etc when referring to Arabs/Muslims. PLus, these vailed attempts to direct comparisions between the Nazi's and Jews towards our Jewish member here is going to be delt with severely too, very serverely. Unlike the ''sand nigger'' stuff, using a comparision between the Nazi party and Jews in Israel is exploiting a very emotive issue with Jews, many of who still have relative who are survivors of the holocaust, and still have the marks to prove it. So stop this sh*t. Keep our replies directly related to the debate at hand and we'll make this place a pleasent place to hang, we'll all get on much better and learn from our different cultures, amd more importantly it makes Bouncer a happy Moderator!.

Before someone accuss's me of siding with Jews/Israeli's here, don't. If your here long enough you should know my position as a Mod, I try my ****est to remain unbiased when I've to act in my capacity of a Moderator. But the people drawing comparisions with Nazi's and Israeli Jews know D*amn well what their doing. If we want we can all draw comparisions like that, ie the Pals sided with the Nazi's in WWII etc..

So like I said, lets all keep our replies to the debate at hand and drop the snide remarks at each other.

singern is offline Banned
    Bouncer.
    If only more of our members had such common courtecy, and the ability to distinguish right from wrong. I personally find it difficult to bite my lip when I read outrageous crap like "its OK to kill any Israeli child because he might be a solder some day". or the generic "kill all the Arabs". Many of our members live in places where they are taught such ideologies as hate, distrust, and the ultimate insult to humanity "Martyrdom". I cannot honestly blame them because it is a social norm. But even though, I believe such ideology’s have no place in this or any other civilized forum, or debate.

Eric888 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Tell you what, we don't need new rules so much as we need some common sense. This isn't the lounge area, there are probably less than 10 regular contributors to this board so we should all have alittle respect for one another. In the middle eastern threads I'm going to start suspending people for language like ''sand niggers'', ''rag heads'', ''camel jockys'' etc when referring to Arabs/Muslims. PLus, these vailed attempts to direct comparisions between the Nazi's and Jews towards our Jewish member here is going to be delt with severely too, very serverely. Unlike the ''sand nigger'' stuff, using a comparision between the Nazi party and Jews in Israel is exploiting a very emotive issue with Jews, many of who still have relative who are survivors of the holocaust, and still have the marks to prove it. So stop this sh*t. Keep our replies directly related to the debate at hand and we'll make this place a pleasent place to hang, we'll all get on much better and learn from our different cultures, amd more importantly it makes Bouncer a happy Moderator!.

Before someone accuss's me of siding with Jews/Israeli's here, don't. If your here long enough you should know my position as a Mod, I try my ****est to remain unbiased when I've to act in my capacity of a Moderator. But the people drawing comparisions with Nazi's and Israeli Jews know D*amn well what their doing. If we want we can all draw comparisions like that, ie the Pals sided with the Nazi's in WWII etc..

So like I said, lets all keep our replies to the debate at hand and drop the snide remarks at each other.
    Can't agree with you more Bouncer.

Just curious how would that Irish temper of your's will cope when I post a new thread about the Irish political process. lol

veinyleehaney is offline Junior Member
    There should be 2 simple rules:

-respect yourself

-respect others

you'll never get into trouble that way

Thread Information