Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned

This is why Israel will fall on its head, on its own - Women Refusnik

Woman asks Court for army exemption

By Yuval Yoaz

A 20-year-old woman who refuses to serve in the territories on moral grounds petitioned the High Court yesterday, asking for an exemption from service. She filed the petition after an Israel Defense Forces panel that addresses exemption claims found that her moral objections do not entitle her to such an exemption.

Three weeks ago, the woman, Laura Milo, who immigrated to Israel with her father and siblings seven years ago, informed the IDF committee that she objects to conscription for reasons of conscience. The committee refused to issue her an exemption, and sentenced her to 14 days of confinement (this period ended last week). A new induction date was set for this week; if she fails to turn up, she will face another prison term.

After she completed high school, Milo did a year of national service as part of a Hashomer Hatzair framework. When her original conscription date approached, she wrote to the IDF: "I cannot cooperate with the army of occupation of the state of Israel." She told the IDF panel that she is not a pacifist - were the IDF to withdraw from the territories, she would enlist.

Milo's High Court petition claims that Israeli law allows women to claim draft exemption on grounds of religion or conscience. This differs from rules governing induction of males, the petition claims.

-----------------

About 50% + of Young Israelis support her view. She refuses to in the criminal conditions and already spent 14 days in Jail, now she could be facing years.

When there are thosands of Refusniks in you own population, you know there is something wrong.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/S...1&contrassID=1

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/467534.html

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    LOL, and Israel will fall because of THAT!.

Pity Rak_Ani isn't online to take this one and blow it out of the water. But the ultra religious don't have to serve either, Rak_Ani and myself have a mutual friend who objected to serve and didn't serve. It happens in all war, all armies in every country. For instance, I'm a soldier, I've served in many countries and many war's. At the moment Ireland has no involvment in the Iraq' war, if my country commits troops to the Iraq war I'll certainly object to serving because although I support the troops on the ground there at the moment I don't support the cause of the war and I couldn't go there anf fight a people I've no 'truck' with. But do you think the Iraq war will be lost because I won't go?.. And just wait untill America MUST introduce conscription and see the objectors then!.

saboudian is offline Senior Member

singern is offline Banned
    The beauty of true democracy.
    I wish you and other Islamic nations could taste the sweet liberty of freedom. To say, or do what you believe in without fear of punishment. These men and women who refuse to serve are only strengthening the nation, by emphasizing their ability to be heard, and judged fairly.
    You see the world through glasses given to you by those who wish you to remain blind. Open your eyes, and let the sun shine in, you might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    The beauty of true democracy.
    I wish you and other Islamic nations could taste the sweet liberty of freedom. To say, or do what you believe in without fear of punishment.

Not punished for it. Read, she already spend 14 days in jail, and if she still refuses, she could spend YEARS in jail.

Ahh the sweet taste of freedom, Ahh the sweet liberty of doing what you belive without fear of punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN

Not punished for it. Read, she already spend 14 days in jail, and if she still refuses, she could spend YEARS in jail.

Ahh the sweet taste of freedom, Ahh the sweet liberty of doing what you belive without fear of punishment.

And she still had the courage to speak, and act her conscience. But perhaps you prefer the public lynching and execution of Palestinians who dare speak a word against Mr. Arafat.

I am not a fan of Arafat, I wish they would take him out already. He is nothing but a weak leader.

I am not a fan of Arafat, I wish they would take him out already. He is nothing but a weak leader.
    Not weak, more like retarded.
    If not for him and his ideology that he could win through the use of terrorism, the Palestinian people would be living in there own self governed nation, brought about by dialog, and negotiation.

I am not psychic, but a realist. Please do not try this at home, I am a professional.

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion

She was punished because she broke the law. If the law isn't to her liking, she has every democratic tool given to her by the democratic state she lives in to do something about it and get it changed. Until then she has to obey it or face the consequences. I believe that's how it works in all democratic countries....Am I right?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Legal channels suck sometimes but it IS the way of a democracy.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Yeah.....got to jail if you don't want to learn to kill......sounds like the draft for nam all over again.

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Yeah.....got to jail if you don't want to learn to kill......sounds like the draft for nam all over again.

Most women in the IDF don't even have to hold a gun during their service....
    Other than that yes, if the law requires you go to serve (and not just be served) then you do it. If you don't want to then you can chose any other place on the globe to live. It's pretty simple. Israel is a state which is constantly under threat and as long as that threat exists, draft is mandatory.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Badger...........DOWN BOY! DOWN! Give peace a chance on AR, what's with all hostility?

I just remember all the coffins coming home from southeast asia......and the big family fights over whether we should be there. My mom's family was torn apart because my cousin was a CO. This guy was talented....160 plus IQ.....played the oboe at a world class level. His Dad turns on him because he didn't want to go to Viet Nam....basically ruined his life. I remember my Dad and my brother fighting because he was against the war.....I remember being at the University of Illinois during the protests when Nixon bombed Cambodia. Years later, Dad tells me it was a stupid war.....kinda late to figure that out.....just like Iraq.....we'll figure out how stupid it is to be over there.....after a bunch of families get ripped apart......all except the pres and congress....cause their kids don't go......and if they did go......then we wouldn't be over there.
    If Bush was a good President.....he could have negotiated with Saddam.....but he planned the war all along no matter what......that makes him a bad president

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Badger...........DOWN BOY! DOWN! Give peace a chance on AR, what's with all hostility?
    Woof.....you're right....I'll shut up

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Woof.....you're right....I'll shut up
    NOOOOOO don't shut up!. Your last post was good reading. We need more mature people posting here instead of college kids giving their view of the world based on some TV shows.

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    Dude whats up with you and hating the millitary? or the country for that matter your always bashing something. Im glad you got to sit it out while my dad went as a volunteer. And came back to be spit upon by hippie fukers too phucking doped to fight for anything.
    Last edited by JT2k; 08-26-2004 at 09:09 PM.

Thread Information