Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089

    O'Reilly....has he kept his word??

    Anybody know if this has happened??

    "I said on my program, if, if the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush administration again."

    - Bill O'Reilly, on ABC's Good Morning America, 03-18-03

    Just wondering

  2. #2
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    He strongly criticized Bush when he didn't find weapons of mass destruction......so no. However, Bill does believe that the Bush administration did not lie when they said they though Saddam had WMD. I don't think he really likes the Bush administration though......
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 08-26-2004 at 10:37 PM.

  3. #3
    JT2k's Avatar
    JT2k is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    405
    condelezza rice came on there and he interviewed the first lady not to long ago.

  4. #4
    Jeremy34's Avatar
    Jeremy34 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    565
    Badger, I think we need to free Saddam and let him live with you. You homo-erectus.....only BigGenes is gonna get that one, lol.

  5. #5
    nickrizz's Avatar
    nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,189
    he said he doesnt believe bush ever lied... he believes the cia misinformed and mislead him

  6. #6
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy34
    Badger, I think we need to free Saddam and let him live with you. You homo-erectus.....only BigGenes is gonna get that one, lol.
    I think we can all agree that Saddam was indeed a bad person and needed to be taken out. It's the reasoning for the start of the war that I've a problem with. We wanted to overthrow his party because we were told he had WMD........come to find out that there are no WMD...none...nada. It's a lot easier to get people to go along by saying "He has WMD" instead of "He's a bad man and he needs to be taken out".

    And saying the intellengence he (Bush) was given was misinformation.........BS........sorry but Americas intellegence systems don't have bad information.......they just don't give ALL the information when asked.

  7. #7
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    he said he doesnt believe bush ever lied... he believes the cia misinformed and mislead him
    So in other words he just makes excuses for the dummy GW. Seems we were just used by the Shiite elements to wrest power from the Sunnis.
    Already we see a cleric broker a peace deal that brute force couldn't attain.

  8. #8
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy34
    Badger, I think we need to free Saddam and let him live with you. You homo-erectus.....only BigGenes is gonna get that one, lol.
    At least I can walk.....you're still scraping your knuckles

  9. #9
    nickrizz's Avatar
    nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    And saying the intellengence he (Bush) was given was misinformation.........BS........sorry but Americas intellegence systems don't have bad information.......they just don't give ALL the information when asked.
    but if bush knew there were no weapons and was going there for an "oil war", dont you think he wouldve known it wouldve come back and bit him in the ass like it did and not do it? He and kerry BOTH said if they knew before the war what they knew now they still wouldve gone in there

  10. #10
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    but if bush knew there were no weapons and was going there for an "oil war", dont you think he wouldve known it wouldve come back and bit him in the ass like it did and not do it? He and kerry BOTH said if they knew before the war what they knew now they still wouldve gone in there
    True, if he were to say we neded to go to war because we need the oil then no one would go for that.....but let the cars back up for gas like they did the last time there was an oil shortage and people would change their opinion. BTW, whatever happened to our oil shortage?....hmmmmmm I wonder.

    Both Bush and Kerry said that they would go in anyway could only be based on Saddam's humanitarian offenses. I have no problem with us going over to take him out and after he's out pack up the camp and come home. As it is now the beast (war) has taken on a life of it's own and can't just be shut down. We'll be pouring billions upon billions of dollars into something that will never end......and where the money actually goes is a whole different ball of wax.

  11. #11
    nickrizz's Avatar
    nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    I have no problem with us going over to take him out and after he's out pack up the camp and come home. As it is now the beast (war) has taken on a life of it's own and can't just be shut down. We'll be pouring billions upon billions of dollars into something that will never end......and where the money actually goes is a whole different ball of wax.
    If we were to leave the country would be worse off than ever because their military isnt ready to take over and neither is their police.. Saddams guys would murder as usual to get into power, free him and make him president again, if not someone far worse would step in

  12. #12
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    I agree....we can't just pack up and come home.....but we knew that going in. There is no good solution to the problem.

  13. #13
    nickrizz's Avatar
    nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    I agree....we can't just pack up and come home.....but we knew that going in. There is no good solution to the problem.
    i also agree, there is nothing to do but stay and tough it out, i only wish our people wouldnt die

  14. #14
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i also agree, there is nothing to do but stay and tough it out, i only wish our people wouldnt die

    I think we should pull out NOW......let them form their own gov without skewing the politics. Personally, I think we should have never jumped in and saved Kuwait...let Saddam have it.....who cares .....they were a state of Iraq anyway before the British started in.

  15. #15
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    I think we can all agree that Saddam was indeed a bad person and needed to be taken out. It's the reasoning for the start of the war that I've a problem with. We wanted to overthrow his party because we were told he had WMD........come to find out that there are no WMD...none...nada. It's a lot easier to get people to go along by saying "He has WMD" instead of "He's a bad man and he needs to be taken out".

    And saying the intellengence he (Bush) was given was misinformation.........BS........sorry but Americas intellegence systems don't have bad information.......they just don't give ALL the information when asked.
    The CIA admits that they gave poor intelligence reports regarding Iraq, there was NO political pressure to say the things they did: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/02/05/sprj.nirq.tenet.wmd/

    Britain and Russia also gave the president flawed intelligence: http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/Ir...536237-ap.html


    So you have to ask yourself, what should he have done based on the information? Based on the information he did the right thing. A few months later we find out it was wrong......but this does not mean Bush lied. Imagine if he had NOT gone to Iraq, and all of this intelligence from THREE credible sources leaked.....the president could very well have been impeached for not acting. Its a bit of a stretch, but its not out of the realm of possibilities.

  16. #16
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    I think we should pull out NOW......let them form their own gov without skewing the politics. Personally, I think we should have never jumped in and saved Kuwait...let Saddam have it.....who cares .....they were a state of Iraq anyway before the British started in.

    You're nuts. Truly. I can tell you are a Kerry supporter You want to just leave like we did last time, and let the nation become a terrorist-harboring slum again? Hindsight 20/20 says it was a mistake to go to Iraq......but making a bigger mess instead of cleaning it up is the wrong thing to do. If we just leave then we will look even worse, we have torn the political structure apart, and there are bad guys who are trying to intimidate us into leaving so that Iraq will be left to them......and if that happens you WILL care. The people who are causing the problems in Iraq right now are the same kind of people that flew planes into two very large buildings a few years ago.......And giving them ground to work on and a people to gain anti-U.S supporters from is a BAD idea.

  17. #17
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    You're nuts. Truly. I can tell you are a Kerry supporter You want to just leave like we did last time, and let the nation become a terrorist-harboring slum again? Hindsight 20/20 says it was a mistake to go to Iraq......but making a bigger mess instead of cleaning it up is the wrong thing to do. If we just leave then we will look even worse, we have torn the political structure apart, and there are bad guys who are trying to intimidate us into leaving so that Iraq will be left to them......and if that happens you WILL care. The people who are causing the problems in Iraq right now are the same kind of people that flew planes into two very large buildings a few years ago.......And giving them ground to work on and a people to gain anti-U.S supporters from is a BAD idea.

    Iraq harbored terrorists??......no, that was Afghanistan.....you know.....the guys our CIA trained so well......the Bin Laden associates

  18. #18
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Iraq harbored terrorists??......no, that was Afghanistan.....you know.....the guys our CIA trained so well......the Bin Laden associates
    You are clearly too uniformed on this topic to be posting. Iraq has connections to Al-Queda as well as other terrorist and anti-U.S sentiment groups: http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...3/378fmxyz.asp

    The terrorists are currently causing huge amounts of problems, I don't see how you could be missing that point. Who do you think it is that is suicide bombing U.S troops & U.S supporters in Iraq, Donald Rumsfeld?
    http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...6-8-2004_pg4_3


    And we ARE in Afghanistan, don't act like we just left that area alone: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-4-2004_pg7_43

  19. #19
    BigGenes's Avatar
    BigGenes is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    At least I can walk.....you're still scraping your knuckles
    Dude you don't even know what he is talking about lol.

    Oh and to everyone else, the comment for sadam to live with badger, was not meant literal. it was a joke. In case you couldn't catch that.

  20. #20
    Anhydro78's Avatar
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,439
    No weapons of Mass Destruction???

    We found a long range missle program that had a longer range allowed by the U.N.

    We have found both french and Russian made chem warheads.

    We have mobile Chemical Labs.

    The Terrorist have used a Chem Warhead with serum gas in it as a road side bomb.

    For anyone that thinks that we went there because of the stock piles( chem&Bio) left behind when the U.N. inspectors were kicked out. Doesnt even have a clue to what is going on. There is and was no threat of Saddam using the rotting stockpiles of Chem warheads. What we was concerned about is his intrest and capablity of producing these weapons. The ones that were allready there made by Russia and France cant even be used!!!! Is this what everyone really would have been happy finding???? Who here didnt think we would find all those weapons??? Who here thinks that was the main intrest?????

    And how many of you think we did all this to steal the poor Iraqis oil wells????

  21. #21
    nickrizz's Avatar
    nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    And how many of you think we did all this to steal the poor Iraqis oil wells????
    About 98% of this site thinks so, exept me and you

  22. #22
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    About 98% of this site thinks so, exept me and you
    And me. I wish we were though.....or at least making a deal with them to get some discounted oil. I have to walk to the gym now to save money on gas, hows that for being on tight budget lol.....

  23. #23
    Hugh-Hefner's-Son's Avatar
    Hugh-Hefner's-Son is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Grotto
    Posts
    222

    Wmd

    AM I the only one that recalls the US finding and siezing saruon gas ??

    It was a minute amount, but it was all over the news and Fox blew it up to shove in the faces that Bush was right to some exstent.


    The above info is only to educate fellow members, I don't neccesarily agree or support my knowledge

  24. #24
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    That was residue from an age old artillery shell.
    Think we know where all our weapons are?
    I think we were unreasonable in our expectations for Saddam to be able to account
    for all they did with this and that.
    Heck we have plutonium missing all the time and we are much more organized than a country like Iraq......just look at the way they do stuff.....there's no way they'd have all these detailed records the US expected.

  25. #25
    nickrizz's Avatar
    nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,189
    I think they might have brought it over to syria, they knew we were coming over there for a while so they had time to move them

  26. #26
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    I think they might have brought it over to syria, they knew we were coming over there for a while so they had time to move them
    I have thought simalar things. It seems a littel too obvious that they may have destroyed or hid their WMD's......after all, they knew they couldn't beat us, so it was only a matter of time till we found them. The best they could do is make Bush look bad.....which they have done.

  27. #27
    Animal Cracker's Avatar
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    3,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Anybody know if this has happened??

    "I said on my program, if, if the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush administration again."

    - Bill O'Reilly, on ABC's Good Morning America, 03-18-03

    Just wondering
    Well..maybe no chem/bio's were found, but just for the fact of violating the UN resolutions, having missiles that were outside of UN mandates..and for his taunts to civilized nations...his bluff was called. Bill O has no need for apologies.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •