Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    physio_sport is offline Banned

are the people who went to fight in vietnam heros?

i want to ask a question about vietnam war.

are the people who went to fight agianst vietnam, hero's considering vietnam didn't try to invade america?

please don;t get agresive or start insaulting each other. i just want to learn more about this.

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by physio_sport
    i want to ask a question about vietnam war.

are the people who went to fight agianst vietnam, hero's considering vietnam didn't try to invade america?

please don;t get agresive or start insaulting each other. i just want to learn more about this.
    none of them for the most part wanted to go at all.. useless cause. you talk about heros. men went over there not to be heroes but were put in heroic situations.. we were outnumbered, out planned, out smarted.. in all of the wars the us has been in vietnam was one of the most sensless second is iraq..

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think that they are heroes in the respect that they were willing to put their life on hold to answer the call of their government as their fathers did before them. The soldiers can hardly be blamed for the politics or justification of the war if that was the direction of the thread. A better question would be do you think that the people who refused to go to war because of their beliefs what do you think about them. Many people consider Muhammed Ali a hero for refusing to be drafted (personally i dont)

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    none of them for the most part wanted to go at all.. useless cause. you talk about heros. men went over there not to be heroes but were put in heroic situations.. we were outnumbered, out planned, out smarted.. in all of the wars the us has been in vietnam was one of the most sensless second is iraq..
    m not the biggest fan of the iraq war but we got something accomplished in iraq eq cacthing saddam hussain and overthrowing the government.

what did vietnam invasion accomplish?

im not trying to be a smart azz i don;t live in the usa so the vietnam was is not really disscussed much here.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    The soldiers can hardly be blamed for the politics or justification of the war if that was the direction of the thread. A better question would be do you think that the people who refused to go to war because of their beliefs what do you think about them. Many people consider Muhammed Ali a hero for refusing to be drafted (personally i dont)

this is what concerns me when should the soldiers stand up to the government.

if for example the pres/king/prime minister tells the millitry to round up every one and put them under martial law, what should the millitry do even if its not needed.

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    m not the biggest fan of the iraq war but we got something accomplished in iraq eq cacthing saddam hussain and overthrowing the government.

im not trying to be a smart azz i don;t live in the usa so the vietnam was is not really disscussed much here.
    what did vietnam accomplish?? not a godammn thing!! we were over there to stop communism.. didnt do it.

singern is offline Banned
    They were Americans. They were solders, They followed orders, They did there jobs.
    Were they heros? each and every one.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    this is what concerns me when should the soldiers stand up to the government.

if for example the pres/king/prime minister tells the millitry to round up every one and put them under martial law, what should the millitry do even if its not needed.
    hopefully that would never be a problem in a democracy. the president has the power to declare war without congress but for only 90 days. of course people could get overzealous in a situation, like putting all the jap-americans in interment camps and taking away their property. I think tho that the ends justified the means in that situation because as a result we didnt have to worry about jap spys and main land US wasnt attacked.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Even the goldbrickers? Don't be such a blind fool.

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    They were Americans. They were solders, They followed orders, They did there jobs.
    Were they heros? each and every one.

saboudian is offline Senior Member

Well, in Iraq we have a puppet gvmt that the ppl despise just as we had in vietnam. The overall population is symathetic to those who oppose the US, and there seems to be an endless guerilla war as long as the US will be there.

With alot of the Iraqi soccer players coming out, you can get an idea of what Iraq really thinks of the US. They are saying some really bad stuff about Bush. Al Sadr's father was killed by Saddam and he is one of the most fervent opposers of the US. As long as the US is in Iraq, there will be no peace.

What did it accomplish? Nothing...

What was the intention? Stop communist expantionism.

I don't know how old you are physio, but if you're obviously not old enough to remember the iron curtain, the cold war and the threat to world peace that the USSR was.

Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan... those were all the USA and USSR/China flexing their muscle at each other. At the time, in the politicians mind all those wars were justified, even though none of those countries were a threat to the US.

So are the soldiers who went to vietnam heros? Yes... they did their duty to their government, though involuntarely in the case of draftees.

Red

Badgerman is offline Banned
    So were the soldiers "doing their duty" for Germany heroes too?
    I think the real heroes are the ones who say NO......
    Unfortunately, 19 year olds are unlikely to have the insight to resist
    nationalistic brainwashing.

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    So were the soldiers "doing their duty" for Germany heroes too?
    I think the real heroes are the ones who say NO......
    Unfortunately, 19 year olds are unlikely to have the insight to resist
    nationalistic brainwashing.

Your a phucking pansy, you strike me as the kind of person who wouldnt fight for anything. Ya go on living with your head in the sand hoping that the problems and the people who want to commit genocide agaisnt you and me go away. Give me a break.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JT2k
    Your a phucking pansy, you strike me as the kind of person who wouldnt fight for anything. Ya go on living with your head in the sand hoping that the problems and the people who want to commit genocide agaisnt you and me go away. Give me a break.
    Right on. But some causes are worth it, some are not.

As a drafted citizen, you don't have a choice whether you fight one battle or another. Is this a good or bad thing?

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Tell that to the Indians you self-righteous phucker......a typical holier than thou Americans can do no wrong fool.....read the history books and see what they did to the American Indian right here on this land not that long ago......you're made of the same fiber.....so phuck yourself buddy
    Cry me a river.

What of the atrocities commited to the American Indians by other nations? What about the Portugese? What about the Spanish? What about the French?

They fought a land war and lost. If you read more history, you would realize that this wasn't an isolated incident. Technologically superior cultures have been dispacing and slaughtering their less fortunate neighbors for tens of thousands of years. It doesn't make it right, but it doesn't make America evil.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Tell that to the Indians you self-righteous phucker......a typical holier than thou Americans can do no wrong fool.....read the history books and see what they did to the American Indian right here on this land not that long ago......you're made of the same fiber.....so phuck yourself buddy

I'm sure your aware of the YELLOW and RED card warning system!, well consider yourself on a YELLOW card for that out break.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerman
    The truth hurts doesnt it? Just go ahead and admit you wouldnt fight for anything you never have you have always just picked up on the cultural undertones and went along with the flow. While you use the system to keep yourself full with food and water, while you use the system to travel any where u like, while you use the system to say anything you want agaisnt anyone you want. In the end if that system ever came under threat you would just move like a nomad and hope it goes away. Then bash the system with your words as if your better than the system that you live in that gives you the freedom you use everyday. Your a coward and you know it, If not being a coward is the what fiber your referring too your right i will fight for the system and its citzens yourself included because we both know you wouldnt fight for anything because you have no morality or intergerty dictating you to do so.

The truth hurts doesnt it? Just go ahead and admit you wouldnt fight for anything you never have you have always just picked up on the cultural undertones and went along with the flow. While you use the system to keep yourself full with food and water, while you use the system to travel any where u like, while you use the system to say anything you want agaisnt anyone you want. In the end if that system ever came under threat you would just move like a nomad and hope it goes away. Then bash the system with your words as if your better than the system that you live in that gives you the freedom you use everyday. Your a coward and you know it, If not being a coward is the what fiber your referring too your right i will fight for the system and its citzens yourself included because we both know you wouldnt fight for anything because you have no morality or intergerty dictating you to do so.
    And I probably pay a hell of alot more taxes for this than you. I'm just sick of Americas hard earned dollars and kids pissed away in wars like Iraq and Vietnam. If the war ever came here.....yeah I'd fight like hell. But 9/11 wasn't Iraq.....and we've done a crappy job in Afghanistan......bin laden runs around loose.....the poppy crop sets a record.......and they're still running around stoning people for adultery. We can't police the whole world......heck we can't even keep our own citizenry from killing each other. So what do you propose???.......shove western culture on an Islamic nation??? Here they are stoning people for adultery and public beheadings......and you watch one evening of American TV with constant sex sex sex.....tell me we are compatible cultures.......why in the world with their mindset would you even try to convince them that western style democracy is what they need?? Why not start negotiations with a little Eninem......something they can look forward to with their new found system.

Sorry for the outburst.....will delete

singern is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Even the goldbrickers? Don't be such a blind fool.
    No worries man, I dont beleave Goldbrickers would fall into my discription.

And I probably pay a hell of alot more taxes for this than you. I'm just sick of Americas hard earned dollars and kids pissed away in wars like Iraq and Vietnam. If the war ever came here.....yeah I'd fight like hell. But 9/11 wasn't Iraq.....and we've done a crappy job in Afghanistan......bin laden runs around loose.....the poppy crop sets a record.......and they're still running around stoning people for adultery. We can't police the whole world......heck we can't even keep our own citizenry from killing each other. So what do you propose???.......shove western culture on an Islamic nation??? Here they are stoning people for adultery and public beheadings......and you watch one evening of American TV with constant sex sex sex.....tell me we are compatible cultures.......why in the world with their mindset would you even try to convince them that western style democracy is what they need?? Why not start negotiations with a little Eninem......something they can look forward to with their new found system.

Sorry for the outburst.....will delete

No leave it up, atleast now i understand your reasonings. BTW you do pay more taxes than i do but i pay my dues with blood and broken bones.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    every last one of them... I work out everyday with a vietnam vet.. marine...He's a lefty, but what a great guy...helll yea hes a hero.. I thank him for his service every day!

No leave it up, atleast now i understand your reasonings. BTW you do pay more taxes than i do but i pay my dues with blood and broken bones.
    Thank you for your sacrifice.

I apologize for offending you.

My sister and brother -in -law are both general
    surgeons and gave up private practice to work for the VA. Before that they were missionary docs in Zaire.....they eventually had to leave due to the unrest ( cannibalism and assorted other atrocities)......now those deals I can't figure out at all.....here total non-combatants do medical care for the people.....and they still run them out. Of course Central Africa involves alot of strange beliefs (eating the enemy to get their power,etc)....what a mess.
    Last edited by Badgerman; 08-29-2004 at 12:00 AM.

Thread Information