Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOP Convention

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member

GOP Convention

Im not being sarcastic but why was the Democratic Convention on every channel every night and the Republican is only on Channel 2?

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    The vast majority of the media is quite liberal. After all, the dems couldn't have possibly paid all that $ for the constant airtime on all those channels, most other stations just didn't want to carry the GOP convention would be my guess......just a guess though.
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 08-31-2004 at 05:21 AM.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    The vast majority of the media is quite liberal.

Probably because the majority of our country didnt vote for Bush. How does he become president then?

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Probably because the majority of our country didnt vote for Bush. How does he become president then?

Talking to the liberals (on these boards) is like teaching special ed.....

So you're trying to get into an arguement now? How does this relate in any way to what I said? And if you don't know how he became president, you clearly don't understand well enough the way the system works to be posting in this section.

The media has been liberal for some time, its not like Bush started something new.....

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah half of everyone is liberal. Good thing they are not responible enough to go out and vote.

There should be equal coverage of both events. Both are equally boring!!! Im watching the GOP convention right now. The best thing that has happened so far is MCcains speach where he insulted Micheal moore and made everyone boo at him while hes sitting there.

So you're trying to get into an arguement now? How does this relate in any way to what I said? And if you don't know how he became president, you clearly don't understand well enough the way the system works to be posting in this section.

You dont know how to argue.. you're a tyrant who is not open, nor listens to anybody who thinks differently than yourself.

I'm well aware how the voting process works.. the electoral college has major flaws.
    Last edited by EastCoaster; 08-30-2004 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    Im not being sarcastic but why was the Democratic Convention on every channel every night and the Republican is only on Channel 2?

To answer your orginal queston... because they paid for advertising.

Your saying that they paid every network station to air their Democratic National Convention for a week straight????

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member

Wow that is an original statement. I never heard that one before. Did you just make that up. That needs to be filed with "You are the weakest link" and "Dont go there" for originality. Got anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Wow that is an original statement. I never heard that one before. Did you just make that up. That needs to be filed with "You are the weakest link" and "Dont go there" for originality. Got anymore?

Nope. I think I'm soon going to be done posting on this section of the boards..... its not entertaining anymore.

its not entertaining anymore.
    How can you say that???? Saying talking to liberals is like teaching special ed every single time you post has to be entertaining. I mean it seems like a blast. As much as its said I thought maybe it puts one in to an orgasmic state.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I dunno, I'm in western Canada and it's on at least 4 channels.

cavemanspearchucker is offline Associate Member
    personally i dont like either, im a naturalist and independant. when it comes to voting you have to consider what is important to YOU. On one hand I know that that ill be able to keep my guns and my dad will still have a job(logger) so i vote for bush. On the other hand our enviroment and our economy will do well so i vote for kerry. Personally i wouldnt vote for either but when voting i must consider which will benfit me the most. No man no matter who they are , will ever take my GUNS!
    Last edited by cavemanspearchucker; 08-30-2004 at 09:34 PM. Reason: i still can spell worht a ****

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    I dunno, I'm in western Canada and it's on at least 4 channels.
    Well if Kerry gets more votes I am sure Bush has a relative up there ready to add them to the system if Canadians want to vote for him.

LOL, he would be lucky to get 100 votes in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Well if Kerry gets more votes I am sure Bush has a relative up there ready to add them to the system if Canadians want to vote for him.

Thats weird? I thought everybody likes George Bush?

I hate to say it but maybe Canada is superior to the US.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I personally believe that politics and religion should be banned fron this board. It is clear that it serves no healthy purpose. I don't think anyone is going to have a revelation and convert to anothers opinion. It's causing nothing but dissent. MY 02.

If it creates dissent then I think people who are offended should not bother with the posts which offend them. Both you and I have offered up a fair bit on economics, taxation, education, health care, etc but it seems most would rather bicker on forever about Israel, Arabs, and the whole middle east thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I personally believe that politics and religion should be banned fron this board. It is clear that it serves no healthy purpose. I don't think anyone is going to have a revelation and convert to anothers opinion. It's causing nothing but dissent. MY 02.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    It's no secret, I love intense confrontation, then we go get a beer and some hoochies together when its done.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    In Dallas, Channel 2 broadcasts Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson's pleas for money. Several other stations do the same. They're too busy selling religion to inform the public about what's going on.

I don't know about where you are, but here in Dallas, only PBS broadcast the entire Democrat Convention, and it looks like they're doing the same thing with the Republicans. The other networks only showed an hour or two of the Dems, I think that's all they're gonna do with their republican rivals.

But to answer your question, I'd guess that your disdain for Democratic politicians distorted your perception of reality. Both conventions will get about the same TV time.

-Tock

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    well by the scores of protestors you can tell that no one wants bush in NY. Personally i think it was a smart network decision to show re-runs of "everybody loves raymond" instead of of the convention.

chances is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    But to answer your question, I'd guess that your disdain for Democratic politicians distorted your perception of reality. Both conventions will get about the same TV time.
    Not here. For the DNC, all the major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS) were running it as well as the news networks (CNBC, MSNBC, CNN, FOX) in prime time. (I watched it.) All I could find yesterday of the RNC was "highlights" on CSPAN. I may have missed any broadcast due to timezone differences, but I was a little shocked to see no one was broadcasting it. Is this blatant media bias? What other explanation could there be?

chance

Quote Originally Posted by chances
    Not here. For the DNC, all the major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS) were running it as well as the news networks (CNBC, MSNBC, CNN, FOX) in prime time. (I watched it.) All I could find yesterday of the RNC was "highlights" on CSPAN. I may have missed any broadcast due to timezone differences, but I was a little shocked to see no one was broadcasting it. Is this blatant media bias? What other explanation could there be?

chance

We're getting plenty of RNC coverage here in Dallas. Maybe it's just your regional affiliate's decision; probably think that they can get more advertising revenue from I Love Lucy re-runs than airing Giuiani's speech. I dunno, take it up with them.
    If it were up to me, the convention coverage would be on at least one TV station so anyone interested could view. And if it's on one station, that should be good enough; no reason why it should have to be on more than that.

TV stations are owned by rich capitalists, and the networks are all owned by rich conservative multi-national corporations, so I hardly think that the folks making the decisions about broadcasting are liberals.

--Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    If it were up to me, the convention coverage would be on at least one TV station so anyone interested could view. And if it's on one station, that should be good enough; no reason why it should have to be on more than that.
    Isn't it on PBS all over the US?

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Isn't it on PBS all over the US?

Red

Ya, but some people won't watch PBS because it's too "liberal."

I don't understand it, either . . .

--Tock

I have Direct Tv and I know exactly what he is talking about. The DNC was covered on about 10 network TV stations all day long all week long. I just flipped through the channels and I only see it on MSNBC, and then its coverage ends in about an hour.

I think they should both get equal coverage, I am watching parts of both and all it is, Propaganda Week!!!

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I saw it on numerous channels here, so I haven't a clue what ppl are talkin about. I'm just curious to see if fox news will cut off any of the speeches to criticize them, lol. Although its early, I've only watched a couple of the speeches, and they seem very ignorant thus far in their praise for bush, I'll never understand how the republicans are able to bring up Iraq like it's a good thing. BTW, I don't think the media is liberal.

Speaking of protestors, I think there was like 4000-5000 at then DNC, but my guess is that by time the RNC has ended there will have been over a million protestors there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I have Direct Tv and I know exactly what he is talking about. The DNC was covered on about 10 network TV stations all day long all week long. I just flipped through the channels and I only see it on MSNBC, and then its coverage ends in about an hour.

I think they should both get equal coverage, I am watching parts of both and all it is, Propaganda Week!!!

Fat lot of good complaining to us about it is gonna do ya. Like, what are we gonna do about it?
    If I were you, I'd email a complaint to your cable provider.
    -Tock

I'm not going to debate the political leanings of the media. I guess I shouldn't have said anything about bias. I am not a Republican nor a Democrat, I just think that everyone should get equal time. That's all.

I guess it is my cable provider. 900 channels and not a darn thing on tv. How sad is that?

chance

I found it on MSNBC. One thing I was noticing, man, the Democrats definitely have hotter chicks.

chance

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I don't know where you are but the republican convention is on ABC, NBC, CBS as well as CNBC, MSNBC, CNN, and FOX here in New York.

Did anyone see Arnie's speech tonight? F*cking awesome job he did IMO, too bad the Bush daughters took away all of the momentum he generated.

It was a great speech. I loved the "stop being economic girly men" bit. Actually, I loved his whole speech period. Excellent job.

You're right, that was just lame putting the Bush daughters on after him. Whatever they had gained by Arnie's speech was totally deflated by the whole Bush crew (daughters, GW, and mom). Is it just me or does Mrs. Bush have a deer in the headlights look? I'd never actually seen her talk until today. Is she always like that?

chance

That line was the best. I seriously hope in my lifetime that the rules change and the USA allows foriegn born people to rnu for prez. Arnold would take Kerry, or any other candidate, out in a heartbeat.

It was a great speech. I loved the "stop being economic girly men" bit. Actually, I loved his whole speech period. Excellent job.

You're right, that was just lame putting the Bush daughters on after him. Whatever they had gained by Arnie's speech was totally deflated by the whole Bush crew (daughters, GW, and mom). Is it just me or does Mrs. Bush have a deer in the headlights look? I'd never actually seen her talk until today. Is she always like that?

chance

your just saying that Chico because we all like arnold here. There would be nothing sweeter than having a bad azz roid head as president. You know he is still on HRT and HGH treatment??

I'm not going to debate the political leanings of the media. I guess I shouldn't have said anything about bias. I am not a Republican nor a Democrat, I just think that everyone should get equal time. That's all.

I guess it is my cable provider. 900 channels and not a darn thing on tv. How sad is that?

chance

It's only sad when you actually pay good $$$ for it . . .
    -Tock

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    I found it on MSNBC. One thing I was noticing, man, the Democrats definitely have hotter chicks.

chance
    I don't know....Angie Harmon is pretty f**king hot....I didn't watch much of the DNC, so I don't know who she was competing with

Now we have Gen. Franks endorsing Bush....maybe people starting to realize the person running the country might need a tid bit more integrity than Kerry brings to the table.

And Jason Sehorn. With most pro athletes leaning toward the conservative side....kinda looks like they realize its nice to be able to keep your money instead of "sharing the wealth".....somehow I don't blame them...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information