Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester

Come on....the MOST important election for Prez?

Seriously, how much more important is this election than any of the others? I’m not saying that the election isn’t important or anything like that but is the world going to stop spinning? So if Kerry does become the next president will our taxes double overnight, budget for security and defense stopped, stock market have another “Black Monday”, all out BRAVE fighting men and women will be shipped home immediately? I mean seriously, both parties, including mine, act as though if the other guy wins this great country is going to fall completely apart overnight. The president does have power but nothing that the Senate or House can’t circumvent if the opposite party has control of these two.

What I guess I’m trying to say is that no matter which “wanker” is elected he’s still a “wanker” and we’re all in the same hot water as we were before they swap hats.

BTW, if you don’t vote, even if you think your vote means nothing and doesn’t matter then you’re a bigger “wanker” than these two clowns. Pick your favorite “wanker” and cast a vote……it’s a privilege you have the right to exercise thanks to countless brave AMERICANS. IMHO

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Juggy I agree to an extent. I guess for us the whole world changed when 9/11 happened. It became personal and the direction that we head regarding this issue will define us as a nation. We need a strong leader.

singern is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    What I guess I’m trying to say is that no matter which “wanker” is elected he’s still a “wanker” and we’re all in the same hot water as we were before they swap hats.
    IMHO
    We always vote for the lesser of two Wankers.

chances is offline Associate Member
    To broaden what 1victor said, generally speaking we have one candidate that will put OUR interests before the rest of the worlds, and we have another candidate who will put the opinion of the rest of the world first. Which is right and which is wrong? Can't say. Sometimes the opinion of the world aligns with our interests, sometimes it doesn't. The question is, which one will choose when to follow world opinion and when to stand up for ourselves when world opinion is against us? I think Kerry is too weak to stand-up when it is required and I think Bush tends to stand up just because he can. There has to be a happy medium there and I don't think either one can find it.

Is this election more important than any other? Sort of. There have been very few elections where the future direction of this Country would be so drastically different as it is in this one. We're either going to be UN lapdogs with them making decisions about our foreign policy or we're going to have very few allies and going it alone a lot.

Which is better? I would rather be alone and in control of my own destiny than cowtowing to the whims of someone who has no vested interest in seeing us succeed and in some case will profit from our failure.

Personally, I think we should remove ourselves from all foreign conflicts and entanglements, stop foreign aide to everyone, and shutdown our borders. Start dealing with our own domestic problems. Let the world go it alone for awhile and see what happens.

JMO

chance

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Juggy I agree to an extent. I guess for us the whole world changed when 9/11 happened. It became personal and the direction that we head regarding this issue will define us as a nation. We need a strong leader.

The whole world didn't change!! We just got a taste of what other countries deal with on a continual basis. Anybody with any insight at all could see something happening before long. Regional issues need to be resolved by those in the area......we can't resolve these conflicts and expect any permanence in the solution. What we need to resolve is the internal decay of our own country which GW conveniently avoids with the excessive focus on security issues. Security is important.....but what does it matter if you let the house your guarding just get eaten by the termites of corporate greed?

Badger I didn't say the world changed I said it changed for US. There is a difference. As far as decay I agree but it is coming from all sides in this country, all political parties. Power corrupts, money corrupts. Our system is turning against the common man IMO.

Badger I didn't say the world changed I said it changed for US. There is a difference. As far as decay I agree but it is coming from all sides in this country, all political parties. Power corrupts, money corrupts. Our system is turning against the common man IMO.

I agree. If you read the book Krakatoa it talks about the first corporation formed (VOC) Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie and how successful it was until brought down by corruption.
    Last edited by Badgerman; 09-02-2004 at 11:56 AM.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    One of the most important aspects of this election is what happens to the Supreme Court. Ya never know when one of those folks are gonna croak. When they do, Bush would probably add a guy who is anti-abortion, and that would tilt the current balance from 5-4 favoring individual rights to reproductive choice to 5-4 against. That would mean that if you bonked your girl and she got pregnant, you would have no choice but to pay child support for 18 years. It would also mean that if that kid had severe deformaties and probably wouldn't live more than short while, there would be no other option than to give birth to a baby who's only experience in life would be total pain, medical operations, drugs, until he was saved from his pains by a slow, expensive, death.

Ya, that's one of the things Bush's re-election would bring.
    It would probably bring back the draft, too. Bush is not inclined to work with the UN to solve problems, and doesn't mind sending the military off to pound the crap out of other nations, and all that requires warm bodies. There ain't enough in the military now, and with more conflicts, they're gonna start grabbing guys off the street and sending 'em overseas to shoot foreigners. Ya, the draft board is up and running right now, and they're ready to start calling names . . . and this time, they won't be issuing any college deferments or marriage deferments like they used to.
    Yep, if you're draft age, you just might want to think twice before you vote for Bush and his Republicans.
    Then there's the "Redistribution of Wealth" issue. Vote for Bush if you don't mind having your $$$ redistributed to the wealthiest 5% of the population.

My guess is that Bush is gonna get re-elected. Since I've served my time in the military, am not personally affected by abortion decisions, and stand to benefit from the Bush tax policies, I ain't gonna cry too hard. But for you Republicans who get your wives pregnant with deformed babies and get called to fight a war with Iran, I wish you well, and hope you don't get a leg blown off . . .

-Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    But for you Republicans who get your wives pregnant with deformed babies and get called to fight a war with Iran, I wish you well, and hope you don't get a leg blown off . . .-Tock
    Wow Tock, that was a little over the top dont you think.

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Wow Tock, that was a little over the top dont you think.

Very realistic view in my opinion.......then they show you at the VA cruising around in your wheelchair with no legs.......

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Very realistic view in my opinion.......then they show you at the VA cruising around in your wheelchair with no legs.......

And how does the party affiliation of the sitting president have any bearing on this?

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    And how does the party affiliation of the sitting president have any bearing on this?
    It matters because if the President is a Diplomat then war can be avoided in most cases.
    This president GW is not a Diplomat.....he's an alcoholic cokehead who's killed too many brain cells to be a clear thinker

Badger, shame on you! Poeples past is just that their past! I know where your loyalties lie but c'mon you are better than that IMO. I feel that it is impossible to be diplomatic with terrorists. They work on feeling not logic.

This president GW is not a Diplomat.....he's an alcoholic cokehead who's killed too many brain cells to be a clear thinker
    OKay.... I dont think I will bother to reply to that.

Badger, shame on you! Poeples past is just that their past! I know where your loyalties lie but c'mon you are better than that IMO. I feel that it is impossible to be diplomatic with terrorists. They work on feeling not logic.
    You and I both know the past is very relevant because people revert to past behavior. Look at all the defrocked televangelists......Jimmy Swaggert for one....these people(GW included) pay lip service to God and His people for personal gain when the reality is that their heart is far away from the truth as evidenced by their works.

It matters because if the President is a Diplomat then war can be avoided in most cases.

Yep.
    Plus, he's got a bunch of advisors who beleive US has a god-given destiny to dominate the planet. You may think THIS comment is over the top, but it ain't. It's the modern version (Dominionism) of the 1800's notion of "Manifest Destiny" which eradicated Native Indians from the country and expanded political control from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Not a good sign for the planet, IMHO.
    -Tock

Jimmy Swaggert and Jim Baker the list could go on forever. They don't represent everyone. It is unfair to lump them in with everyone. As far as GW, what works are you referring to? If it's the Gulf War , leaders have to make unpopular decisions and pay the consequences. I wonder under what circumstances you would advocate preventative action against terrorists.

Yep.
    Plus, he's got a bunch of advisors who beleive US has a god-given destiny to dominate the planet. You may think THIS comment is over the top, but it ain't. It's the modern version (Dominionism) of the 1800's notion of "Manifest Destiny" which eradicated Native Indians from the country and expanded political control from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Not a good sign for the planet, IMHO.
    -Tock
    Tock......you are right on the money there buddy.

Victor.....you're a buddy too bro.

Thanks Badger, The problem is paranoid protectionism, greed and power. All of which have dominated humankind since the beginning. I feel that it is spiraling out of control especially since the US is now involved. I see nothing but tragedy for the future of this planet as long as people are living on it. I say let it be evaporated, I'll take my chances with God. If I'm wrong so be it.

Jimmy Swaggert and Jim Baker the list could go on forever. They don't represent everyone. It is unfair to lump them in with everyone. As far as GW, what works are you referring to? If it's the Gulf War , leaders have to make unpopular decisions and pay the consequences. I wonder under what circumstances you would advocate preventative action against terrorists.

One bad work:
    His adverse policy towards the poor and middle class.

Preventive action against terrorism?? How about some real pressure on the Israelis to solve the palestinian problem for real??......that would take care of the majority of the terrorism against US. How about pulling back our military from Saudi??.....that was Bin Laden's beef......

I agree with most of what you say. We have selfish interest in the Saudis. We protect the Royals from their own people who are getting screwed in return for cheap oil. If we left, no more Royals and no more oil or oil for triple the price.

Thanks Badger, The problem is paranoid protectionism, greed and power. All of which have dominated humankind since the beginning. I feel that it is spiraling out of control especially since the US is now involved. I see nothing but tragedy for the future of this planet as long as people are living on it. I say let it be evaporated, I'll take my chances with God. If I'm wrong so be it.
    Vic.....you sound depressed dude!? Stay patient.....you're just a stranger passing through right??

I agree with most of what you say. We have selfish interest in the Saudis. We protect the Royals from their own people who are getting screwed in return for cheap oil. If we left, no more Royals and no more oil or oil for triple the price.
    You nailed that......the commoners hate the royals.
    But they would sell us oil......especially if we just let them be.

Yeah I am. I just wish everyone could just chill out (including myself) and let people live their lives. Believe what you want, do what you want, don't hurt people etc....

I'm in no hurry to croak but I look forward to the end of "the struggle". This planet is taxing on anyone with a heart and concern for others. Sometimes I wish I just didn't care about people but I do.

Great I see Need is coming on here to sling some crap, I'm off this thread, see ya Badger.

Thanks Badger, The problem is paranoid protectionism, greed and power.

IMHO, I'd say the problem stems from a lack of nookie.
    If more politicians spent more time in bed getting laid, they'd have less time to screw the rest of us . . .
    --Tock

Tock you forgot about all of the prostitutes and interns that "service them"

IMHO, I'd say the problem stems from a lack of nookie.
    If more politicians spent more time in bed getting laid, they'd have less time to screw the rest of us . . .
    --Tock

That's why Clinton was pretty relaxed.......now if GW could find the right kind of intern......a drink or two.......maybe a line......

NEED2BEHUGE is offline Banned
    Great I see Need is coming on here to sling some crap, I'm off this thread, see ya Badger.
    Don't go. I just want to be friends...

Badger!! I would love a line and a couple of drinks too but that is my past, not my present and God willing not my future!

Need does the devil thing signify sarcasm? Or are you serious?

NEED2BEHUGE is offline Banned
    What if GW admitted to doing dbol ? Would you vote for him then?

Of course so should you!

chances is offline Associate Member
    Do you really think that if we completely removed any and all aide to anyone in the Middle East that anything would change? The terrorists don't hate us because we're envolved there. It's just a convenient excuse to attack the infidels and a way to gather "popular" support. They attack us for religious reasons. This is Jihad. We are the great Satan. We always have been and always will be because, despite what the ACLU and others would like us to believe, the US is a Christian nation and this war has been going on for centuries.

Frankly I think that there is nothing we can do to appease these terrorist extremist groups other than cease to exist. Or destroy them before they destroy us. Actually, we're destroying ourselves from the inside, so we're our own worst enemy.

chance

Quote Originally Posted by chances
    Do you really think that if we completely removed any and all aide to anyone in the Middle East that anything would change? The terrorists don't hate us because we're envolved there. It's just a convenient excuse to attack the infidels and a way to gather "popular" support. They attack us for religious reasons. This is Jihad. We are the great Satan. We always have been and always will be because, despite what the ACLU and others would like us to believe, the US is a Christian nation and this war has been going on for centuries.

Frankly I think that there is nothing we can do to appease these terrorist extremist groups other than cease to exist. Or destroy them before they destroy us. Actually, we're destroying ourselves from the inside, so we're our own worst enemy.

chance

Yes we are.......and that is why GW is chasing these terrorists around....deflects the domestic criticism. If we would have put the resources into proper immigration enforcement......our country would be in alot better shape....maybe no 9/11......but GW is afraid of the hispanic voting block......so lack of control at our borders gives us a flood of illegals AND opens the door to terrorists......thank you Clinton, George and all the others that let illegals trample this country. But all the companies and corporate farms want this cheap (essentially SLAVE) labor......so again our politicians cave in to business interests......thank you for letting our country go down the crapper guys

Yes we are.......and that is why GW is chasing these terrorists around....deflects the domestic criticism. If we would have put the resources into proper immigration enforcement......our country would be in alot better shape....maybe no 9/11......but GW is afraid of the hispanic voting block......so lack of control at our borders gives us a flood of illegals AND opens the door to terrorists......thank you Clinton, George and all the others that let illegals trample this country. But all the companies and corporate farms want this cheap (essentially SLAVE) labor......so again our politicians cave in to business interests......thank you for letting our country go down the crapper guys

How many of you think immigration and general border control is one of the most pressing issues facing this country???

How many of you think immigration and general border control is one of the most pressing issues facing this country???
    I'd have to say it's pretty ****ed important...however this country was founded on "Give me your huttled masses...." and being the country that everyone wants to come too I can't balme then for wanting too. The best thing for us to do is....forgive me for saying this......broker a deal with Canada and Mexico and bring them into the fold........United States of Canada has a pretty good ring to it. The Canadians might put up a fight but when they start getting good ole USofA currency they'll like the arrangement...as for Mexico.....I'm pretty sure they'd pay to join the union.

I'd have to say it's pretty ****ed important...however this country was founded on "Give me your huttled masses...." and being the country that everyone wants to come too I can't balme then for wanting too. The best thing for us to do is....forgive me for saying this......broker a deal with Canada and Mexico and bring them into the fold........United States of Canada has a pretty good ring to it. The Canadians might put up a fight but when they start getting good ole USofA currency they'll like the arrangement...as for Mexico.....I'm pretty sure they'd pay to join the union.
    I dont' think Canada is up for US style democracy.....their murder rate is too low. As for Mexico, who wants to own that mess.....just the oil please!

I dont' think Canada is up for US style democracy.....their murder rate is too low. As for Mexico, who wants to own that mess.....just the oil please!
    True...the Canadian people aren't ready for ramped crime...but on the bright side they could bear arms or arm their bears if they like....mmmmmm guns. As for Mexico...most are already here...might as well bring them into the fold so they can start paying taxes. Not to mention Cali could use the added state income tax revenue.

True...the Canadian people aren't ready for ramped crime...but on the bright side they could bear arms or arm their bears if they like....mmmmmm guns. As for Mexico...most are already here...might as well bring them into the fold so they can start paying taxes. Not to mention Cali could use the added state income tax revenue.
    Cali should just form their own country.....it has little resemblance to the rest of the Us anyway.

I agree Cali should become a foreign nation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information