Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Badgerman is offline Banned

Iraq planned.....

Graham Claims Iraq Plan Preceded Terror War

By William C. Mann

September 6, 2004 "Associated Press" -- WASHINGTON -- A former Senate Intelligence Committee chairman asserted Sunday that the general who ran the war in Afghanistan said more than a year before the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq that his resources were being shifted in preparation for taking on Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

Sen. Bob Graham, D-Fla., contends that just months into combat in Afghanistan, Gen. Tommy Franks also told him that fighting terrorism in Somalia, Yemen and elsewhere should take priority over invading Iraq.

Graham said Franks told him he thought the United States knew less about the situation in Iraq than did some European governments, and the White House should ask them for advice.

The senator, who is retiring at year's end, said his conversation with the now-retired general came in February 2002, when Graham was chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Graham also alleges in his new book, "Intelligence Matters," that the White House stood in the way of congressional investigators who wanted to look into purported ties between the Sept. 11, 2001, hijackers and Saudi officials.

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry called for an independent probe of the allegation, saying that if the White House blocked the congressional investigation, then "this would be a massive abuse of power."

The Bush-Cheney campaign responded to Kerry, saying, "John Kerry is flailing about making baseless attacks founded on the assertions of a failed presidential candidate."

Franks could not be reached for comment Sunday.

Copyright: AP.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    So? He shoulddn't have used the WMD excuse who cares?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Who cares why they went in, they are there and have been for like 1˝years, lets figure out how to make peace.

sorn is offline Junior Member
    Anyone who really thinks about it can see that they were really digging for reasons to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by sorn
    Anyone who really thinks about it can see that they were really digging for reasons to attack.
    What Bush did is MUCH worse than Clinton lies.......Bush should be impeached

physio_sport is offline Banned
    i personally was quite happy when the coalition said they whee going to free iraq.

but i have never truted their motives. i honestly belive they went there for something else. i don;t know what that something else is, but i defintly know that the iraqis where not there number #1 priority.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by physio_sport
    i personally was quite happy when the coalition said they whee going to free iraq.

but i have never truted their motives. i honestly belive they went there for something else. i don;t know what that something else is, but i defintly know that the iraqis where not there number #1 priority.
    I agree 100%. I was also happy when they wanted to Oust Saddam, but I knew there were other motives. I dont know what the other motives where, maybe oil, maybe for Israel, or the belief of WMD etc etc.

The Iraqis werent their priority. But I was happy Saddam was gone.

But I also belive once elections are held, all foreign troops should leave.

seroisly if we look at iraq in a non biased way its defenently good that iraq if free so i have to give props to the uk & usa for doing such a great job.

but thats where it ends.
    do the coalition even have any ideas or plans?
    do they even know what there doing anymore?

the problem that i had with this war was it was hurried and exagerated.
    it was rushed and ill planned.
    to me it seems that america had the war planned but the did not plan the aftermath of the war and how to rebuild the country.
    if they had an effective plan on how to rebuild the country i would have been a full supporter of the war and not just a "maybe" supporter of the war.

to me it seems as if they are now confused about whats going on and not much is being accomplised on the ground this is not just americas fault but also the dumb ass iraqis who run around boming everything and killing civilians and then there are the dickheads who go and blow up the pipelines those guys need to be dealt with.

personally the blame should also be put on al-sistani if tommorow he says stop fighting most iraqis will stop fighting and whats pissing me off is hes doing absolutly nothing to stop the violence.

Quote Originally Posted by physio_sport
    seroisly if we look at iraq in a non biased way its defenently good that iraq if free so i have to give props to the uk & usa for doing such a great job.

but thats where it ends.
    do the coalition even have any ideas or plans?
    do they even know what there doing anymore?

the problem that i had with this war was it was hurried and exagerated.
    it was rushed and ill planned.
    to me it seems that america had the war planned but the did not plan the aftermath of the war and how to rebuild the country.
    if they had an effective plan on how to rebuild the country i would have been a full supporter of the war and not just a "maybe" supporter of the war.

to me it seems as if they are now confused about whats going on and not much is being accomplised on the ground this is not just americas fault but also the dumb ass iraqis who run around boming everything and killing civilians and then there are the dickheads who go and blow up the pipelines those guys need to be dealt with.

personally the blame should also be put on al-sistani if tommorow he says stop fighting most iraqis will stop fighting and whats pissing me off is hes doing absolutly nothing to stop the violence.
    That's because no Iraqi wants a puppet government.......if we would stay out of the picking of leaders they would be much happier with democracy......but as it is now.......we pull the strings.....and insult their intelligence......these people are NOT dogs to be led around on a leash.......and the sooner we realize that....the sooner the Arab world will respect US

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    That's because no Iraqi wants a puppet government.......if we would stay out of the picking of leaders they would be much happier with democracy......but as it is now.......we pull the strings.....and insult their intelligence......these people are NOT dogs to be led around on a leash.......and the sooner we realize that....the sooner the Arab world will respect US
    thats true but you have to remeber no muslim or arab right now has the financial or millitry capability to challenge america and i don't serously understand why in the world the stupid iraqi go araound blowing up buildings and infrestructure?
    if they want the millitry out they will need to attack soldier & tanks and not their OWN buildings and technology.

if they want their own goverment they will still need to limited guirilla tactics and also they need to start using politics.

they need to combine millitry & political force and not just one or the other.

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    Ill be ****ed if we go in and shed blood for these people and the government turns out to be hostile towards the US phuck that we want a peaceful neighbor in the region and thats the way its going to be puppet government or not.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Hussein was a major if not "THE" sugar daddy of the terrorists, in our faces about it mind you. That just was not going to continue. That's the Number one motive. Number two , greed, revenge? Who knows.

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    nicely put!

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Hussein was a major if not "THE" sugar daddy of the terrorists, in our faces about it mind you. That just was not going to continue. That's the Number one motive. Number two , greed, revenge? Who knows.
    that really hasnt been proven for the most part..

sorn is offline Junior Member
    That Saddam was a evil dictator who broka human rights is a good enough reason.. but then again many other countries should be invaded.. like China and North Korea.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Dont take this the wrong way but you totally wrong. Ask any Islamist, they will tell you Saddam was a person that needed to go. And all Islamists support the fact he is gone.

Saddam WISHES he was the sugar daddy of the terrorists.

We in Chechnya wanted him assasinated, he was a curse in the Muslim world.

He was a secular person, and a loser in general.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Dont take this the wrong way but you totally wrong. Ask any Islamist, they will tell you Saddam was a person that needed to go. And all Islamists support the fact he is gone.

Saddam WISHES he was the sugar daddy of the terrorists.

We in Chechnya wanted him assasinated, he was a curse in the Muslim world.

He was a secular person, and a loser in general.

There you go.......Saddam actually kept the radicals OUT.......and an Army guy I know that was in both gulf wars states the same thing.

Thread Information