Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    physio_sport is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The Resistance
    Posts
    1,063

    U.S. refuses to rule out Iran attack

    http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackage...3&section=news

    U.S. refuses to rule out Iran attack
    Sun 12 September, 2004 13:08

    JERUSALEM (Reuters) - The United States is determined to stop Iran getting atomic weapons, and has signalled Washington will not rule out an attack if peaceful diplomacy failed to achieve this.

    President George W. Bush's top official on nuclear on-proliferation, Undersecretary of State John Bolton, was asked during a brief visit to Israel if the United States could consider such an attack.

    "President Bush is determined to try and find a peaceful and diplomatic solution to the problem of Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons," he said. "But we are determined that they are not going to achieve a nuclear weapons capability."

    Iran says it is not trying to build an atom bomb and its nuclear programme is only for peaceful purposes.

    But intelligence officials told Reuters in Vienna earlier this week they estimated it would take Iran a few months to a year to become nuclear capable -- meaning Tehran would be able to build a nuclear bomb without importing technology or experts.

    As Iran's arch-enemy, Israel has particular fear of Tehran developing nuclear arms. Israel is presumed to have its own atomic arsenal, but has a policy of neither confirming nor denying that.

    Bolton's comments in Jerusalem came the day before a meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), which is due to discuss a European resolution giving Tehran until November to come clean about its nuclear programme.

    The United States wants Iran brought before the U.N. Security Council to face possible sanctions, but Bolton said Washington did not see such measures as automatic.

    "The most important reason to take Iran to the Security Council is to heighten political pressure," he said.

    "It is by no means inevitable that the Security Council has to impose economic sanctions or take other steps, that's why this really lies in Iran's hands."

    Iran on Sunday rejected European demands it abandon sensitive nuclear activities but reiterated its readiness to provide assurances that its atomic ambitions are entirely peaceful.

  2. #2
    singern's Avatar
    singern is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicago/Israel
    Posts
    2,239

    World responsibility.

    Iran is a nation that supports, harbors, and finances terrorism. A nation run by religious extremists. its safe to say if they get nukes they will use them at first opportunity, if they get nukes they will give them to terror groups at first opportunity.
    I have no doubt someone is going to through in the Israeli nuke capability, well that has been an issue for 30 years. It is a psychological deterrent, We do not know if they have it, and if they do, the fact its never been used during any of the wars or attacks at the hands of hostile neighbors shows responsible government, and successful use of deterrent.
    The extremist government of Iran must never attain such power, for the sheer fact they will use it.

  3. #3
    physio_sport is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The Resistance
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Iran is a nation that supports, harbors, and finances terrorism. A nation run by religious extremists. its safe to say if they get nukes they will use them at first opportunity, if they get nukes they will give them to terror groups at first opportunity.
    I have no doubt someone is going to through in the Israeli nuke capability, well that has been an issue for 30 years. It is a psychological deterrent, We do not know if they have it, and if they do, the fact its never been used during any of the wars or attacks at the hands of hostile neighbors shows responsible government, and successful use of deterrent.
    The extremist government of Iran must never attain such power, for the sheer fact they will use it.
    israel is not a responsible nation. it is a nation founded by criminal jewish gypsies who stole palestinian land with the help of the british.

    every one treats israel as if it has nukes. no one sees israel as non-nucleur.

    what terrorism are you talking about?
    the anti-occupation hezbollah fighters?
    the hamas anti occupation fighters?

    i for one defently want iran to get nukes. becuase when they do they can finaly put an end to israels murderous rampage in the middle east.
    and israel will be finally matched millitry wize then.
    then israel would no longer be the only superpower in the middle east.

  4. #4
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    My guess, based on past performance, is that Kerry would be more likely to find a peaceful solution to the problem, while Bush would be more likely to start another war. Since Bush will probably win re-election, y'all hawks of draft age better get ready for an all-expense paid trip (on Uncle Sam's credit card, actually) to the middle east.
    Holler if you want lessons in acting gay so you can be exempted from going . . . otherwise, I'll be cheering for ya . . .
    --Tock

  5. #5
    physio_sport is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The Resistance
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    My guess, based on past performance, is that Kerry would be more likely to find a peaceful solution to the problem, while Bush would be more likely to start another war. Since Bush will probably win re-election, y'all hawks of draft age better get ready for an all-expense paid trip (on Uncle Sam's credit card, actually) to the middle east.
    Holler if you want lessons in acting gay so you can be exempted from going . . . otherwise, I'll be cheering for ya . . .
    --Tock
    yeah johnn kerry is even more pro israel then bush and his cronies.
    havent you read some of the stuff hes suggested.
    he want to make israel the main power in the middle east and give israel everything its ever wanted including 100% of jerusulum.
    john kerry is so pro israel & anti iran that he might even send his own mum and wife to fight against iran.
    either way america is going to get into a fight with iran.

    and don;t get me wrong guys, i personally don't care what happenens between the american & iranian governments but as you know the UK always has to follow america around the world like a dog and we will probably also get into a needles war with iran for israels safety and thats why im so against the war.

  6. #6
    chris64 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Holler if you want lessons in acting gay so you can be exempted from going . . . otherwise, I'll be cheering for ya . . .
    --Tock
    Please enlighten - are you gay or have you just done a lot of studying?

  7. #7
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by chris64
    Please enlighten - are you gay or have you just done a lot of studying?
    At first I was just what they call a "practicing homosexual." After a few decades of practice, I can say that I'm pretty good at it now.

    When I was in the USAF back in 1977, I coached a few straight guys on how to be gay so they could get out early . . .
    Before the Iraq war, the military kicked out about 3 gays a day, after the war started, it's down to about a little less than 2. Sad thing is that as bad as they need Arab language translators, they kicked out a bunch of Arab-speaking gay soldiers for no other reason than being gay . . .

    It's a crazy planet, for sure . . .

    -Tock

  8. #8
    NEED2BEHUGE's Avatar
    NEED2BEHUGE is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    160
    Explain to me how the **** the US will attack Iran when it's military resources are so strained right now that it has to outsource security guards to protect it's military bases in America? Ever wonder why GW went after Iraq instead of Iran even though it's been known that Iran's been trying to develop nuclear capabilites for years? Because stating up a war with Iran means scores of dead American soldiers. Much much more than the amount of dead soldiers currently in Iraq. Not to mention the fact that America sells a ****load of it's military technology to Iran through third-party dealers in other countries. Guess you didn't hear that little tidbit on Fox News Sunday.

    Want a war with Iran? Say hello to CONSCRIPTION.


    Too easy.

  9. #9
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by NEED2BEHUGE
    Explain to me how the **** the US will attack Iran when it's military resources are so strained right now that it has to outsource security guards to protect it's military bases in America?


    All they have to do is get the PR machine revved up like what they did in WWI and WWII, where they painted the enemy as the personification of evil, and the soldier as a great American Hero, defender of Democracy, mom, and apple pie, and they'll get lots of public support and lots of naive kids to enlist. If that ain't enough (and it probably won't be) the draft system is already in place, all they have to do is pick names and say, "C'mon down!"

    It would be a royally stupid thing to do, but hey, it's all about preserving the American way of life, and that means preserving access to cheap oil.

  10. #10
    physio_sport is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The Resistance
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    All they have to do is get the PR machine revved up like what they did in WWI and WWII, where they painted the enemy as the personification of evil, and the soldier as a great American Hero, defender of Democracy, mom, and apple pie, and they'll get lots of public support and lots of naive kids to enlist. If that ain't enough (and it probably won't be) the draft system is already in place, all they have to do is pick names and say, "C'mon down!"

    It would be a royally stupid thing to do, but hey, it's all about preserving the American way of life, and that means preserving access to cheap oil.


    you have to be the first american i have ever met that truly understands whats going on.

  11. #11
    NEED2BEHUGE's Avatar
    NEED2BEHUGE is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    160
    Bennett Buggies for life

  12. #12
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    I can hear the sunday prayers already....."and Lord protect our soldiers from harm as they do your will in the mideast attacking your enemy in Iran. Give US a swift victory against the non-believers and help them to establish a democracy for those poor oppressed people......amen"

  13. #13
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Iran will get nukes eventually, its a given, its the genetics and the mindset. Persians are intelligent people that come from an intelligent race. You cant stop them from getting nukes. Those Aryans know their wars and their weaponry. The Indo-Aryans Pakistan and India got their nukes.

    About the Kerry point, I want Bush to win, because Kerry is even more of a Zionist than Bush's buddies.

    Dont you Americans get it by know, you are a mercenary force for Israel. All your recent wars have been for the protection of the beloved Israel. Your soldiers are dying for the beloved Israel.

    Who is a bigger threat to the United States? The looney Kim Sun Ill who thinks he is the son of GOD, and already has nukes and has missle technology that is able to hit California.

    Or Iran who cant even reach Europe with its Missiles and doesnt have nukes. BUT OH NO, it can hit Israel, so lets attack it first.


    Or
    Last edited by CAUSASIAN; 09-12-2004 at 06:12 PM.

  14. #14
    NEED2BEHUGE's Avatar
    NEED2BEHUGE is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    160
    Good point.

  15. #15
    singern's Avatar
    singern is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicago/Israel
    Posts
    2,239
    Your responses really just prove my point, At lease to me, and I would hope anyone with common sense. The anti Israel anti Jewish sentiment is so overwhelming in your culture, its inevitable Iran will use these weapons, without hesitation.

  16. #16
    NEED2BEHUGE's Avatar
    NEED2BEHUGE is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Your responses really just prove my point, At lease to me, and I would hope anyone with common sense. The anti Israel anti Jewish sentiment is so overwhelming in your culture, its inevitable Iran will use these weapons, without hesitation.
    By "your culture" do you mean Iranian culture? Iran has a jewish hospital. Iran's jewish population gets treated better than the rest of the population. The Iranian jews who believed in zionism have already left for Israel. You lost whatever shred of credibility you had left when you tried to push your racist zionist agenda by calling an entire culture anti-jewish in that post.

    I hope an oppurtunstic prejudice bastard who tries to mislead people with lies and half-truths like you enjoys the stench of failure... because you've failed.

  17. #17
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    IRELAND.
    Posts
    7,772
    Quote Originally Posted by NEED2BEHUGE
    I hope an oppurtunstic prejudice bastard who tries to mislead people with lies and half-truths like you enjoys the stench of failure... because you've failed.
    One more strike and your gone for good.

  18. #18
    singern's Avatar
    singern is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicago/Israel
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by NEED2BEHUGE
    By "your culture" do you mean Iranian culture? Iran has a jewish hospital. Iran's jewish population gets treated better than the rest of the population. The Iranian jews who believed in zionism have already left for Israel. You lost whatever shred of credibility you had left when you tried to push your racist zionist agenda by calling an entire culture anti-jewish in that post.

    I hope an oppurtunstic prejudice bastard who tries to mislead people with lies and half-truths like you enjoys the stench of failure... because you've failed.
    Trust me my credibility is not an issue, The Islamist culture of anti Jewish, anti Israel is the issue. Very simple, very sad, very dangerous. With no real reason to hate, YOUR CULTURE has created a web of conspiracy, lies, deceit, and terror to justify the most heinous of human behavior.

    And by the way does your mother know you use such language, shame shame...

  19. #19
    chances is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    290
    Any proliferation or development of nuclear weapons is a threat to the entire world. Period. India and Pakistan are alittle less close to annihilating each other, but only just. Now South Korea is being sanctioned because they didn't register their nuclear program. So now South and North Korea are going to be at each others throats. Whether or not Isreal has nuclear weapons, any Arab country developing nuclear weapons is going to turn the middle east into another powderkeg of global concern.

    Saying that it is a good thing for the middle east to have another country with nukes is a good thing isn't thinking it through. Say Isreal does have nukes. Say Syria attacks Isreal, and is losing. They appeal to Iran and Iran says, "Right, bye-bye Isreal," and nukes them. Depending on the winds, you can also kiss Lebanese, Jordanians, and Syrians goodbye with them. Oh, and Palestinians as well. The fallout from such a strike will effect an even larger population stretching into the Mediteranian states including Egypt and Cyprus and possiblly Turkey. Then there is the fact that the land would not be usable for years due to radiation, further blocking the Palestinians from occupying "their" country.

    Then Israel, what's left of it, in retaliation, fires back nuking Tehran and spreading the nuclear fallout into the Caucusus. Maybe they just nuke all the capitals of the arab nations around them to prempt attack from those involved.

    Either way, Palestine is lost. Other than the destruction of Isreal, what does this solve? It certainly doesn't benefit the Palestinians.

    chance

  20. #20
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by chances
    Any proliferation or development of nuclear weapons is a threat to the entire world. Period. India and Pakistan are alittle less close to annihilating each other, but only just. Now South Korea is being sanctioned because they didn't register their nuclear program. So now South and North Korea are going to be at each others throats. Whether or not Isreal has nuclear weapons, any Arab country developing nuclear weapons is going to turn the middle east into another powderkeg of global concern.

    Saying that it is a good thing for the middle east to have another country with nukes is a good thing isn't thinking it through. Say Isreal does have nukes. Say Syria attacks Isreal, and is losing. They appeal to Iran and Iran says, "Right, bye-bye Isreal," and nukes them. Depending on the winds, you can also kiss Lebanese, Jordanians, and Syrians goodbye with them. Oh, and Palestinians as well. The fallout from such a strike will effect an even larger population stretching into the Mediteranian states including Egypt and Cyprus and possiblly Turkey. Then there is the fact that the land would not be usable for years due to radiation, further blocking the Palestinians from occupying "their" country.

    Then Israel, what's left of it, in retaliation, fires back nuking Tehran and spreading the nuclear fallout into the Caucusus. Maybe they just nuke all the capitals of the arab nations around them to prempt attack from those involved.

    Either way, Palestine is lost. Other than the destruction of Isreal, what does this solve? It certainly doesn't benefit the Palestinians.

    chance

    I agree. That is why the Palestinians should be smart and launch a demographic war with Israel.

  21. #21
    saboudian's Avatar
    saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Michigan State University
    Posts
    1,712
    We don't have the resources to fight another war, we're already stretched so far thin, 40% of the troops in iraq are natl guards/reservists. They're coninuing to outsource more and more military jobs, a cook gets paid 120 grand for 6 months in iraq.

  22. #22
    GORILA-UNIT is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    616
    woke up screaming **** the world

  23. #23
    bermich's Avatar
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,808
    Quote Originally Posted by NEED2BEHUGE
    Not to mention the fact that America sells a ****load of it's military technology to Iran through third-party dealers in other countries. Guess you didn't hear that little tidbit on Fox News Sunday.



    Too easy.

    Didnt hear about it??? Ive known about that crap since I was like 10. The whole : support your enemies enemy deal. Iran vs Iraq. Sell weapons to Iraq so it fights against Iran. Sell to Iran to fight against Iraq.

    Please dont think you are a step ahead of the game in knowing about this TOP SECRET arms sales thing.

  24. #24
    bermich's Avatar
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,808
    Quote Originally Posted by chances
    Any proliferation or development of nuclear weapons is a threat to the entire world. Period. India and Pakistan are alittle less close to annihilating each other, but only just. Now South Korea is being sanctioned because they didn't register their nuclear program. So now South and North Korea are going to be at each others throats. Whether or not Isreal has nuclear weapons, any Arab country developing nuclear weapons is going to turn the middle east into another powderkeg of global concern.

    Saying that it is a good thing for the middle east to have another country with nukes is a good thing isn't thinking it through. Say Isreal does have nukes. Say Syria attacks Isreal, and is losing. They appeal to Iran and Iran says, "Right, bye-bye Isreal," and nukes them. Depending on the winds, you can also kiss Lebanese, Jordanians, and Syrians goodbye with them. Oh, and Palestinians as well. The fallout from such a strike will effect an even larger population stretching into the Mediteranian states including Egypt and Cyprus and possiblly Turkey. Then there is the fact that the land would not be usable for years due to radiation, further blocking the Palestinians from occupying "their" country.



    chance

    That would be great. No more ME. We are left with Americas and Europe. Im not complaining. Maybe that is what should happen.

  25. #25
    Anhydro78's Avatar
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    I can hear the sunday prayers already....."and Lord protect our soldiers from harm as they do your will in the mideast attacking your enemy in Iran. Give US a swift victory against the non-believers and help them to establish a democracy for those poor oppressed people......amen"

    That is a perfect prayer, I think I will use it tonight when I pray for the death of our enemys. Someone has to do it!!!!

    Anyways I hope Iran is next. When another country declares war publicly or makes statements pertaining to that. It needs to mean something for them. What you people are getting ready to see is nuclear reactors being blown up!!! Count on that. If the United States aint got the balls. The Isrealis definately do. They have done it before. They can be our scape goat again.


    I have been reading one thing after another about news reports reporting on that they suspect that Isreal has Nukes. Take it from me, a person that personally knows someone that was in the United States Nuclear Program. Isreal has Nukes, the United states gave them to them. Not only that Isreal has Nukes becuase America has Nukes.

  26. #26
    Anhydro78's Avatar
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,439
    Bermich where are you from????

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •