Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    chicamahomico is offline Respected Member

Thoughts on immigration....

Who here thinks their country lets in way too many foreigners and from all the wrong countries? Canada has become a 'multicultural' country and what that really means is that foreigners have overrun our major metropolitan areas such as Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Who's idea was it to let so many of these people in?

I believe that there should be a per-country cap on immigratns each year. That way there is some balance in the flow of immigration. I see no reason Canadian taxpayers should be saddled with the burden of costly immigrants from 3rd world countries. Nothing irks me more than a 'refugee' or new Canadian citizen. These people are eligible for tens of thousands of dollars in medical, education and varous other social services (like everybody else) and yet they haven't yet paid anywhere near their fair share of taxes. These people can even cost us a fortune through the Immigration court system before they are citizens of this country. A good portion of these immigrants will never pay their fair share. And why on earth would the government let people over the age of 45-50 come here (with the exception of highly trained professionals with domestic licenses,)? These peopel are likely to cost a ton and contribute little or nothing to the tax base.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    sdfhg
    Last edited by sin; 01-21-2007 at 06:53 PM.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Who here thinks their country lets in way too many foreigners and from all the wrong countries? Canada has become a 'multicultural' country and what that really means is that foreigners have overrun our major metropolitan areas such as Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Who's idea was it to let so many of these people in?

I believe that there should be a per-country cap on immigratns each year. That way there is some balance in the flow of immigration. I see no reason Canadian taxpayers should be saddled with the burden of costly immigrants from 3rd world countries. Nothing irks me more than a 'refugee' or new Canadian citizen. These people are eligible for tens of thousands of dollars in medical, education and varous other social services (like everybody else) and yet they haven't yet paid anywhere near their fair share of taxes. These people can even cost us a fortune through the Immigration court system before they are citizens of this country. A good portion of these immigrants will never pay their fair share. And why on earth would the government let people over the age of 45-50 come here (with the exception of highly trained professionals with domestic licenses,)? These peopel are likely to cost a ton and contribute little or nothing to the tax base.
    I agree with every word. You should see the problems we have here in Ireland with East European's and Africans. I'd imprison them all in camps, when their wars are over I'd then deport them back home. I'd go one further and introduce race and religious profiling and deport extremists from all sides. Particularly Muslim extremists using our laws of free speech to further their message of terror. I'd also finger print and hold DNA profiles on ALL claiming asylum here.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I agree with every word. You should see the problems we have here in Ireland with East European's and Africans. I'd imprison them all in camps, when their wars are over I'd then deport them back home. I'd go one further and introduce race and religious profiling and deport extremists from all sides. Particularly Muslim extremists using our laws of free speech to further their message of terror. I'd also finger print and hold DNA profiles on ALL claiming asylum here.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone

I agree 110%, here in the U.S our problem is more intensified by the huge numbers of illegal aliens that cross over our southern borders every single day. By the year 2020 the majority of the USA will be hispanic and 75% of those will be of mexican ancestry. Now if these illegals were doctors/engineers/nurses or had some other skill or profession that would contribute to the betterment of the country as a whole I would have no problem with it but with the WTO and more and more of our factory jobs going overseas to asia what will these people do to support themselves? I guess China will take over the world that much sooner since there is no solution in sight.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    I live near LA California and the county of LA has a population of just over 6 million. Two million of that `population is illegal immigrants (mostly from Mexico). The impact of those people is severe. LA’s county hospitals are overcrowded and many are going bankrupt because they are not receiving funds to supports all of its patients. LA’s school districts are some of the most crowded and underachieving districts in the nation. Crime in LA is extremely high compared to the rest of the nation and there are not enough police officers to patrol and protect this growing population.

Immigration is a hot topic down here right now and there are many strong beliefs about what should happen concerning immigration.

1. Some groups want to give driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants.

2. Some groups want to do INS immigration raids on Mexican neighborhoods, which opens up a whole can of civil rights issues.

3. Some groups and politicians want to give the children of illegal immigrants government aided tuition to a university.

4. Other groups want the National Guard sitting at the boarder with fifty calibers guarding the Mexican Boarder.

As you can see, there are many who are pro immigration and many who are not.
    As far as myself, I am undecided about the issue. On one hand, I can understand wanting a better life and who should deny anyone that? Not me. However, at the same time, having hoards of people who are not contributing taxes can be an extreme burden on the cities tax paying population and economy, which is not fair at all. I think the whole immigration process really needs to be revamped and some serious consideration needs to be done to figure out what they are going to do with all these people.

NEED2BEHUGE is offline Banned

I personally think in Canada there is a lot of room for immigrants. There needs to be tougher rules however. I am so ****ing sick of these assholes coming in from Asian countries into Canada just so they can use their ill-gotten money to buy 5 ****ing luxury cars and a ****ing $2,000,000 house in Richmond. They don't even speak a word of ****ing English. ****ing nammers are responsible for 100% of the drug trafficking that goes on in BC.

These mother****ers need to be kicked OUT so we can have a better chance at CLEAN UP THE ****ING DRUG PROBLEM.

Bear in mind I'm not saying that immigration is bad per se but I think it needs to be taken far more seriously from a security and economic standpoint. You can't fault people for wanting to come to a better country and start a new life and it's our governent's fault for letting them in the door without what I would call an adequate screening process. I do believe that immigrants should not be able to vote or have access to any social services free of cost for at least a decade from the date they become a citizen (exception for under 19's going to school). IMO you should have to give before you can take. If low income new citizens get sick before they are eligible for free medical services the government can just pick up the tab and they can pay over a number of years if they don't have the $$$ up front. Or they could buy private insurance. I don't think I should have to pay for them because they have not yet contributed much towards society.

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    in some ways i agree with you, but its hard to find a legitimate solution because laws tend to bar people that would enhance society. both my grandparents on my dads side were migrant farmers that came into california every year to pick crops. their offspring have become buisiness owners, teachers, me currently working on a phd, etc. i think my family has contributed substantially to society, and it never would have happened if those laws were in place 50 years ago.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    That's awesome! I agree 100%! Now you know why murder is illegal. Because if it wasn't, our whole govt. would be dead.

I can't imagine the Mexican immigration problem will ever be solved and some of those popular so-called solutions are just very bad ideas IMO. Where did people come up with that crap? Some people think money just grows on trees and welfare is some bottomles pit that nobody pays for. You bastards have my utmost sympathy, we can't even comprehend a problem like that up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    I agree 110%, here in the U.S our problem is more intensified by the huge numbers of illegal aliens that cross over our southern borders every single day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy
    I live near LA California and the county of LA has a population of just over 6 million. Two million of that `population is illegal immigrants (mostly from Mexico). The impact of those people is severe. LA’s county hospitals are overcrowded and many are going bankrupt because they are not receiving funds to supports all of its patients. LA’s school districts are some of the most crowded and underachieving districts in the nation. Crime in LA is extremely high compared to the rest of the nation and there are not enough police officers to patrol and protect this growing population.
    There is....until you consider they all want to live in Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal. That and the fact that a vast majority of immigrants come from about 5 countries (India, Pakistan, China, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka) which just happen to be toilets. Immigrants used to come primarily from UK, USA and EU but now Asian and Middle Eastern people have heard about the free ride and they want on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by NEED2BEHUGE
    I personally think in Canada there is a lot of room for immigrants.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    how could you ban immigrants in a country that was founded by immigrants? I do believe there should be tougher regulation of immigrants but i posed the question to be a devils advocate.

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER

That's what happens when you volunteer to take in terrorists who held priests captive in the Churt of Nativity (for example), and give them a home in your little Island. I'm sure your government didn't think they will all grow red hair, turn Catholic and raise a little family....

I'm not saying we should ban them only that certain countries should have vast restrictions placed on the number of entrants. In Canada's case that means I would like to see far less immigrants from India, Sri Lanka, China, and Africa. They are all 3rd world countries and many of these immigrants are determined to bring to our country, their 3rd world lifestyle, barbaric religions, and continue speaking their mother tongue. All of this is fine except when it costs Canadian taxpayers money. For example, in my province you can take your drivers test in about 10 different languages....and this country has only 2 official languages. I don't think I should have to pay more taxes and user fees so the DMV can offer it's services to some Punjab who can't speak one of the offical languages. Buddy needs to learn to speak english or french.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    how could you ban immigrants in a country that was founded by immigrants? I do believe there should be tougher regulation of immigrants but i posed the question to be a devils advocate.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not saying we should ban them only that certain countries should have vast restrictions placed on the number of entrants. In Canada's case that means I would like to see far less immigrants from India, Sri Lanka, China, and Africa. They are all 3rd world countries and many of these immigrants are determined to bring to our country, their 3rd world lifestyle, barbaric religions, and continue speaking their mother tongue. All of this is fine except when it costs Canadian taxpayers money. For example, in my province you can take your drivers test in about 10 different languages....and this country has only 2 official languages. I don't think I should have to pay more taxes and user fees so the DMV can offer it's services to some Punjab who can't speak one of the offical languages. Buddy needs to learn to speak english or french.
    No you are right on the money pal. My father came here from Italy and he managed to teach himself english and american customs etc. These other foreigners take their national pride to a ridiculous level. If you are in America/ canada or wherever for that matter act like a native and blend in

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    i think we need to regulate immigration more strictly... the more people that come here the harder it is to supply jobs for everyone.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I wish we would close our borders.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    The "Asian Invasion" is crazy in the west coast...as are East Indians. Anyone ever drive in a city that is full of Asians...makes a person's BP hit 220! Un-f'ing-believable how stupid they are when it comes to social smarts.

Mark my words...the next terrorist attack will come from Canada. We let in everyone and I'm sure some terrorists have made it through the cracks of the system.

chances is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    No you are right on the money pal. My father came here from Italy and he managed to teach himself english and american customs etc. These other foreigners take their national pride to a ridiculous level. If you are in America/ canada or wherever for that matter act like a native and blend in
    I agree. As Micheal Savage says, "Borders, Culture, Language." Yes, this Country is a melting pot, but when you do not INTEGRATE with the rest of society, we cease to be united and become just a loose collection of individual societies, and in the end become weaker as a whole. In a lot of things Savage is a maroon, but this is very right.

Early immigrants to the US worked their butts off learning the language and trying to make their own way. Today, immigrants, for the most part, don't try to learn the language, and expect to have the American dream handed to them. Why? Because they don't have to and we hand them a better life for free. They don't have to learn the language, we will print all the documents they need to get anything from the government in their own language and will supply workers that are fluent in their language to help them, and then pay them to live happily ever after, supplying them with free healthcare, education for themselves and their family, foodstamps and subsidized housing. Then to top it off, they can bring the rest of their family here for free too. What most people and our government don't seem to understand, is that even at or below the poverty level, living off welfare, their life is hundreds of times better than it was in their home country. What motivation do they have to work harder or to make it on their own? They're living better just by sponging off the government (Us).

Until we start demanding personal responsibility from individuals, responsibility for their actions, personal responsibilty for their wellbeing and survival instead of trying to be the benevolent benefactor to everyone, this is never going to end. I also think that political correctness and the "new" idea of naming yourself a _____-American rather than just an American is part of the problem. Sure, show pride in your heritage, but show pride in your citizenship as well. Except for about 3 months after 9/11, it seems as if showing pride in your citizenship or in America or being an American is a bad thing.

I don't begrudge anyone who wants a better life, as long as they are willing to work for it.

chance

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    I think you all got it wrong about immigration. First of Canada better increase it population if it wants to create more jobs, theirs no labour force here for any factory jobs. Sounds like alot of you are just jealous, who cares if they bring their money here and buy houses in richmond and drive luxury cars, their spending their money here. And in school i'am pretty sure they have raised the standard, everybody has to work harder and be more competitve. I myself was born in england and was almost lynched everydat when i came to canada, just because i was eastindian, i got chased and beaten by almost everybody in the school, and boy where the police ever on my case. So i did the best thing i could, worked my ass off and got to med school- sounds like alot of you want to go back to the lynchings - well bring it on and we'll see who wins this time. Its funny how everybodies pissed of about speaking their native language and yet nobody ever mentions the worthless second language we have in canada - french. This second language probabally costs a **** load on tax payers especially with all the labelling, we have to pay extra for all our groceries - and yet all they want to do is seperate. but then i think their is bigger problem in the world and better time spent talking about other stuff
    happy lifting bros

People spending is what makes an economy go around. However GVT spending should be on people who have already contributed to the tax base for a long period of time. You need to be a giver before you can be a taker IMO. I don't see how you got jealousy out of anything I said.

Quote Originally Posted by geoneo
    I think you all got it wrong about immigration. First of Canada better increase it population if it wants to create more jobs, theirs no labour force here for any factory jobs. Sounds like alot of you are just jealous, who cares if they bring their money here and buy houses in richmond and drive luxury cars, their spending their money here.
    Good job on the med school thing. Canadian society is happy you are going to pay your fair share now that you're earning the big $$$. Again, I'm not sure where you got lynchings from what anyone said in this thread.

I myself was born in england and was almost lynched everydat when i came to canada, just because i was eastindian, i got chased and beaten by almost everybody in the school, and boy where the police ever on my case. So i did the best thing i could, worked my ass off and got to med school- sounds like alot of you want to go back to the lynchings - well bring it on and we'll see who wins this time.
    Don't even get me started on French but the difference between Francophones and Punjab, Chinese and other non-Anglos is that French and English are the country's official languages. Why? Becasue Great Britain and France founded the country. French suxs but at least they have been here and paying taxes for as long as the country has been around. Can't say the same for any of these 3rd world multinationals. This is a political forum and issues like this are what are discussed here.

Its funny how everybodies pissed of about speaking their native language and yet nobody ever mentions the worthless second language we have in canada - french. This second language probabally costs a **** load on tax payers especially with all the labelling, we have to pay extra for all our groceries - and yet all they want to do is seperate. but then i think their is bigger problem in the world and better time spent talking about other stuff
    happy lifting bros

mmm ok???

Most of the immigrants I know work their asses off, all have like 2 jobs work 12 hour days, and most do jobs that no one else wants to do here, trust me if your saying immigrants are lazy and living of taxpayers then your looking at the wrong peeps. They contribute alot more to the taxbase then you give them credit for.
    So your telling me the french and english built this country - i wonder with what? - an immigrant work force.
    Oh so the french pay taxes, i wonder where most of their tax money goes? on themselves, infact one of the main reasons quebec stayed with canada was because off all the immigrants that had been here for awhile and were allowed to voted and voted for nonseperation.
    I also wonder how most of you "canadians" came to canada - oh wait a minute i bet your grandparents or older generations were immigrants.
    Let me ask some of you "anglos" a question if your italian, brazilian, irish soccer team played canadas national team how come most of you cheer for your native country rather then canada - not very "canadian" is it.
    You make a good point on not paying taxes and still getting benefits, but its been my experience that most with time will work their asses of and contribute to the tax base

happy lifting bros

I'm not saying anyone is lazy, I don't know where you get that from what I said. What I said was that IMO people should not get benefits until they pay for them. That means until you contribute a decent amount society you should not be eligible for social services, with the exception of children.

mmm ok???
    Most of the immigrants I know work their asses off, all have like 2 jobs work 12 hour days, and most do jobs that no one else wants to do here, trust me if your saying immigrants are lazy and living of taxpayers then your looking at the wrong peeps. They contribute alot more to the taxbase then you give them credit for.
    Yes that was obviously the case but in that era there were no social services, so new citizens were a no risk proposition. Sadly that is not the case today.

So your telling me the french and english built this country - i wonder with what? - an immigrant work force.
    I can't speak for anyone else but my family was here before Confederation. The sport cheering thing is exactly the problem with immimgrants. They love their home country but they live here becasue it's better than where they came from......doesn't stop them from telling anyone who will listen that their homeland is so great. I say if it's that great you wouldn't be here.

I also wonder how most of you "canadians" came to canada - oh wait a minute i bet your grandparents or older generations were immigrants.
    Let me ask some of you "anglos" a question if your italian, brazilian, irish soccer team played canadas national team how come most of you cheer for your native country rather then canada - not very "canadian" is it.
    This is all I'm trying to say. It's an economic issue, no more, no less.

You make a good point on not paying taxes and still getting benefits...

chica you make some excellent points, i guess we do agree on some points. But i guess if we dont support some of the immigrants that come here they may turn to crime. our tax money could be spent better then supporting immigrants, i guess it should go to the peeps who have been here for awhile and working. but i personally dont have a problem having my taxes goto immigrants as long as they eventually start to contribute to canada - i think thats what we disagree on, to some extent.
    I dont see how immigrants would support themselves if we didn't give them benefits - all the hardships they would face would make them leave or just turn to crime - i guess if they left then our work force would decrease - so i guess theres no easy solution.
    you should run for m.p or m.l.a - best way to fix stuff up

Thread Information