Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Has this forum changed your views..?

Has it changed your views of other's religion, race and national cause's?.
    Personally its change mine hugely. I'll elaborate later.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I will say that it has changed my views but not my beliefs. I understand "the other guy" a little more and do see that they have valid points for some of the things they do but in the end I'm still who I am and live where I do and if I have to choose between "us" and "them" the answer will always be us which I am sure is the same for them

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    it hasnt really changed my views per say, but this forum has brought to light many things which I didnt know. this in turn has allowed me to make better judgements based on more facts than I was previously privy too. Who knows, perhaps my views will change in time. I am a firm believer that you need to see all sides of an issue before you can make a valid decision; this forum provides that essential element.

singern is offline Banned
    Personally I have been shocked, but not surprised by certain aspects of certain cultures, and beliefs. My personal view has not changed, though I do believe that as our world is getting smaller, our differences are growing. Of course one needs to be open minded, and capable of accepting other view points, but right verses wrong is an unchanging constant.

For the sake of my children and yours I hope the mentality of murder, and the worship of martyrdom as a political and or Ideological tool is replaced with responsible dialog, and democratic civility.

zOaib is offline VET
    i think this part of the anabolic forum , has clamed down a lot of arguments that were AFLAME before , and people have come to discuss things in a more mannered way , and hopefully we can all make some sense to one another , INSHALLAH !

Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    i think this part of the anabolic forum , has clamed down a lot of arguments that were AFLAME before , and people have come to discuss things in a more mannered way , and hopefully we can all make some sense to one another , INSHALLAH !
    Agreed.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Although I do not post much in the forum, for fear my lack of intellegence will be known, I do read them and will have to say although my view's haven't really changed it has given me a cause to reflect upon my opinion of others who do not share my same ideals.

physio_sport is offline Banned
    well my opion has been changed not about religon or causes but politics.
    i used to hate pres bush infact i was the first person to dis bush publicly and got mobed by the board.
    but now i want him to become president becuase he the better of the two the other being that flip flopping john "pancake" kerry.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by physio_sport
    well my opion has been changed not about religon or causes but politics.
    i used to hate pres bush infact i was the first person to dis bush publicly and got mobed by the board.
    but now i want him to become president becuase he the better of the two the other being that flip flopping john "pancake" kerry.
    Here is were we part ways Physio........I dislike Bush and shall continue to do so.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I have learned alot, it hasn't changed my beleifs but it has given me compassion and understanding regarding others. I find it an asset to the board.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    I hated Bush to death also, but now I love the man himself, but not alot of people in his adminstration.

I learned what the Jehnovah's Witness is.

And I am also suprised at what other people hold dear to them, in front of their religions and beliefs.

As my Jewish Professor of Sociology says, its better to look at both sides, and see where they are coming from, before making your decision.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    I hated Bush to death also, but now I love the man himself, but not alot of people in his adminstration.

I learned what the Jehnovah's Witness is.

And I am also suprised at what other people hold dear to them, in front of their religions and beliefs.

As my Jewish Professor of Sociology says, its better to look at both sides, and see where they are coming from, before making your decision.
    Can you explain why you now love bush? I'm very curious

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Having lived for 25 years as a social liberal / fiscal conservative gay atheist in a socially conservative part of the US that's overrun with fundamentalist churches and overspending state and local governments, I've made my peace with crazyness long ago; learned how to dwell amongst the lunatics while maintaining my own peace of mind.

Despite the predominant conservatism expressed by most members on this board, I have noticed that folks here (for the most part) are fairly tolerant of other's differences. But, ya, I think that most of us here do broaden our perspectives through our continuous give-and-take . . . I know I have, though it's hard to say how. I recognize that both major political parties have their faults, and if either one of them were to gain complete power (even mine), we'd all be in a world of hurt . . .

I don't worry about politics too much any more, because I figure that if the US could withstand 8 years of Ronald Reagan, it can take darn near anything . . .

--Tock

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I haven't had my own views changed (on the contrary, I have had them reinforced), but I have learned to better understand the reasoning behind views of others.

Except for Tock's statement about Ronald Reagan........

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    Here is were we part ways Physio........I dislike Bush and shall continue to do so.
    i used to think bush was the problem. then i started to look at his party of people that he hangs around with and realised that they where all hardcore anti-arab, anti muslim zionists and then every thing started to make sense.

if bush had a better backing from better people who where more like powel instaed of like criminal oil bandits i think he would be a good leader and i also respect his religous morals which he trys to teach about marrige and abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Can you explain why you now love bush? I'm very curious
    I am speaking of Bush the man himself. Not his crew like Rumsfled, Cheney, Wolfwitz, Perle, Feith etc.

I belive Bush has good intentions, but he is too controlled by his advisors.

Not to mention that he took out the Saddam regime which I hated. I belive although I maybe wrong, that he truly wants to bring "good things" to less fortunate people.

Plus as Pyshio Sport mentioned, he isnt as Zionized as John Kerry, who will be a super puppet of Israel.

Plus Bush's State Department has generally supported the Chechan cause.

But the more I look at Iraq today, the more I see it as chaos which will deepen.

Honestly Rumsfled and his buddies Wolfwitz, Perle, and Feith have probably been the biggest failures in US history.

I dont really know if I love him, now that I think about it, but I would love to have him elected over Kerry.

Plus the fact that he is religious is a plus for any society.

Good point physio, I suppose I do blame bush a little less for the problems, and place more of it on Cheyney and Rumsfeld and the like. However, as the commander and chief the 'buck stops with him.' the captain always goes down with the ship you know. If bush really had a problem with what they were doing, he'd put a stop to it. So by going along, he is just as guilty in my eyes.

Although my view really hasnt changed, I am definately more aware. and that is always a good thing.

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Has it changed your views of other's religion, race and national cause's?.
    Personally its change mine hugely. I'll elaborate later.
    As you probably guessed my views have not been changed, but my horizons have been broadened. Some of the discussions here, especially the relion ones, made me curious about religion. I started asking people I know questions, and learning more about Judaism and about the views of Judaism on other religions. I also started asking Muslims from work questions about things that were said here, mostly concerning views.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    Good point physio, I suppose I do blame bush a little less for the problems, and place more of it on Cheyney and Rumsfeld and the like. However, as the commander and chief the 'buck stops with him.' the captain always goes down with the ship you know. If bush really had a problem with what they were doing, he'd put a stop to it. So by going along, he is just as guilty in my eyes.

Although my view really hasnt changed, I am definately more aware. and that is always a good thing.
    true, the captain has to go down with the ship.
    i personally think he doesn't have a clue whats going on around him as much as those other guys have and i think they are taking bush for a ride.
    his problem is everyone around him has a different agenda to america and bush and they also slip in there own "needs" everytime they tell him sonething for example his middle east advisor who is a zionist.
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FI14Aa02.html

and these type of people are not just bad for bush there also bad for the american people who i presume the majortiy are not zionists.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I belive Bush has good intentions, but he is too controlled by his advisors.

Sure, I agree that Bush is full of good intentions. But he really doens't have the necessary political experience to pull political strings on his own to get things done, so he has to rely too much on other people.

Bush's total political experience before US President was two terms as Texas Governor. While Texas is a big state, and you might think the responsibility is proportionately larger than what governors of other states shoulder, in reality, a Texas Governor really doesn't do that much.
    All the things that other governors do is divided between five major state offices. The Lt. Governor is the guy who gets legislation pushed through the system, the Comptroller handles all the money, the Atty General handles all the legal stuff, and the Land Commissioner handles the agriculture stuff. All that the governor really does is appoint people to state commissions and sign or veto legislation the Lt. Governor ushers through the system. Oh, and the Governor promotes Texas as a place for companies to do business in. And that's about it. Not much of a place to hone his political chops in preparation for the presidency. But, that's what we've got . . . a guy who relies too much on other people for their judgement, and for their political expertise. Consequently, it's not Bush who's running the country, it's his advisors.

Kerry has 20+ years political experience in local, state, and national politics, has experience dealing with foreign leaders, and as boring as he is, he at least knows what's going on, and is much more likely to be aware when someone's trying to pull a fast one on him . . .

But things being as they are, Bush will probably win re-election, will probably involve the US in another mideast war because his people hate the UN and don't want to work with them to find diplomatic solutions to international conflicts. All I can say is, y'all who vote for Bush and get drafted into the military, I hope you have a good time.

-Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Sure, I agree that Bush is full of good intentions. But he really doens't have the necessary political experience to pull political strings on his own to get things done, so he has to rely too much on other people.
    thats exactly what i was trying to say.

. I'll elaborate later.
    Well, lay it on us brother.....

daniel pipes really irritates me.

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Well, lay it on us brother.....
    I'm drunk tonight!. You don't want to read my sh*t when I'm drunk!.

So has this forum been a success thus far guys, personally I think its been a huge success.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    NOPE. It just makes me more frustrated to know other people think the way they do. Absolutely no open minded ness. It honeslty shows me that a lot of people stick to something even when FACTUAL evidence shows otherwise.

NO
    NO
    NO

what are you trying to get at?
    whats your point?

your irish, arn't you drunk every night.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    NOPE. It just makes me more frustrated to know other people think the way they do. Absolutely no open minded ness. It honeslty shows me that a lot of people stick to something even when FACTUAL evidence shows otherwise.

NO
    NO
    NO
    Agreed. It's just a place to reiterate dogmatic political and religious beleifs.

what are you trying to get at?
    whats your point?

your irish, arn't you drunk every night.
    Yup, I'm Irish so that means, steriotically, I'm drunk everynight!. Kinda like you guys blowing up on bus's

thats so cute, ive heard these folks are responsible for the Sanish inquizition, and the black plague.

Just when I thought you were on the road to recovery, what a shame.

I personally feel that those that have expressed dissent regarding this forum are the ones who are intolerant and extremeist. There have only been a couple of people. This is about getting to know our differences and understanding each other better. This is hopefully how we learn to live in peace with one another. If you don't like the topic of talk of dogma etc.. then stay the **** out of this forum jackas*.

BOUNCER if you really think Sharon will do something to benefit the Palestinians, you must be drunk.
    :spudniksh

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I personally feel that those that have expressed dissent regarding this forum are the ones who are intolerant and extremeist. There have only been a couple of people. This is about getting to know our differences and understanding each other better. This is hopefully how we learn to live in peace with one another. If you don't like the topic of talk of dogma etc.. then stay the **** out of this forum jackas*.
    WORD !

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Im glad I dont associate myself as a Christian. After seeing some of the arguements for the Christian side, and seeing especially how some of the so called Christians act..I am glad I am not a part of that.

Im ashamed of how people treat Muslim, and the ignorance people have.

My religion continues to be undefined. I do believe in God/Allah/Brahaman/Jehovah/Yaweh/Attman or whatever name you would like to call it.

What the hell happened to Darwinism, some one please tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    agreed. although I dont generally dabble in the religious aspect of the forum, it seems obvious that some people are hell bent on their ways and think that seeing different sides of an issue (which may or may not disrupts their little rut) are the only ones who get offended and think the forum is worthless.

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bathgate
    Im ashamed of how people treat Muslim, and the ignorance people have.
    Well shine down with your untold true to us ignorant people. One question though have you lived in the middle east?

Quote Originally Posted by JT2k
    Well shine down with your untold true to us ignorant people. One question though have you lived in the middle east?
    what does living in the middle east have to do with the way you treat muslims considering they represent a small portion of the islamic world.

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    what does living in the middle east have to do with the way you treat muslims considering they represent a small portion of the islamic world.
    It has to do with everything how can one person think they are non ignorant on the subject unless they have lived in a predominately muslim society where u are the minority. Can you understand the REAL suffering from a book or from the news i hardly think not.

Quote Originally Posted by JT2k
    It has to do with everything how can one person think they are non ignorant on the subject unless they have lived in a predominately muslim society where u are the minority. Can you understand the REAL suffering from a book or from the news i hardly think not.
    well consider there are more muslims in asia then there are in arab countries who have 2 totally didfferent styles of living and saying that saying the whole muslim world revolves around the arabs is foolish.

considering there are more muslims living in indonesia then any other country on earth i don't think its fair for you to say just becuase you have lived in eg. saudi arabia or kuwait or UAE that you know everything about islam and everything about islamic culture.

considering there are muslims in every country around the world i hardly think its fair for you to claim to be an expert on islamic living just becuase you have lived in one type of enviroment where muslims live.

please read this before commenting any further.
    http://www.mepc.org/public_asp/workshops/musworld.asp

Bathgate basically stated he has no beliefs, he believes in everything thus he believes in nothing. Why did he even bother to post on this thread?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information