Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    EastCoaster is offline Banned

The Debates.......

Will Bush debate? If he doesnt, it surely wont be the first time that a current president doesnt debate his position. It would hurt his popularity, but I believe it would actually cause more of a crushing blow to the democratic party. They need to put Bush on the spot during the debates, so America can see exactly how the two differ...

I personally think that Kerry will man handle Bush in a debate. I've personally had the oppertunity to meet both of them (when I say meet, I had my picture taken) during recent rallies....

Here is how they differed....

Kerry put a lot of focus on the economy, health care, and education. I can honestly say that he spend VERY little of his time talking about Bush, he was too busy talking about his hope and future for America.

Bush talked a lot about National Security and some of the tax cuts he's offered, more specifically his marriage tax breaks. He spent too much time making comparison between himself and Kerry & Edwards. He bashed Kerry about 3 times for choosing a lawyer as his vice-president.

If we see debates, I think Bush is going to be more concerned on making Kerry look bad, while Kerry is going to promote himself. Both are good tactics, but I want to hear about the future of American and why it will work... not about who did or didnt go to vietnam. I love Kerry, but its in his best interest to keep any stories of himself and Vietnam out of the debates... The same goes for Bush, he needs to shy away from all the past events. This is badly hurting both of their campaigns.

physio_sport is offline Banned
    i don't think kerry can manhandle bush.
    if bush keeps his answer short and simple [not like he has a choice] he could get through quite fine.
    and there are so many people in "love" with bush i don;t think kerry is going to win.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    A) Bush will debate. He canceled one of them because he doesn't need three debates to win this election.....besides, there have been many recent elections where only two debates have taken place, so.....

B) Kerry can't manhandle anything, you have to be a man to MANhandle, first of all. Bush may be a poor speaker, but when it comes time for a debate he will be very polished. Hes not stupid; that is just what the media has been pounding into everyones head for the last 4 years......and his pronunciation doesn't help.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Bush may be a poor speaker, but when it comes time for a debate he will be very polished. Hes not stupid; that is just what the media has been pounding into everyones head for the last 4 years......and his pronunciation doesn't help.

I actually think he speaks well. His pronunciation is horrible, I've heard him speak twice in person while he's made up his one words. My favorite is he refered to japanese people as japaneses'. But for the most part, they are simple mistakes. He's very charismatic, but that goes with all good public speakers.

I have no doubts or worries about Kerry in the debates.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Bush is more charismatic and charming. Kerry just speaks and presents himself weirdly.

As someone said, Bush doesnt need the debates to win, although I would like to see a debate.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    He DEFINATELY WILL debate, how many times i dont know but he will debate

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bush cant debate!!! Look what happens to him when people ask him questions!!! We've all seen the videos that have been posted in various threads!!!! His only hope is to get all smacked up before a debate so he wont fumble his words he'll shoot them out........

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    i think im voting for kerry i was once a bush supporter but the economy is straight nasty for the blue collar worker.

the democrats boasted about how great the economy was when clinton was running for re-election but it is better under bush right now.

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Will Bush debate? If he doesnt, it surely wont be the first time that a current president doesnt debate his position. It would hurt his popularity, but I believe it would actually cause more of a crushing blow to the democratic party. They need to put Bush on the spot during the debates, so America can see exactly how the two differ...

I personally think that Kerry will man handle Bush in a debate. I've personally had the oppertunity to meet both of them (when I say meet, I had my picture taken) during recent rallies....

Here is how they differed....

Kerry put a lot of focus on the economy, health care, and education. I can honestly say that he spend VERY little of his time talking about Bush, he was too busy talking about his hope and future for America.

Bush talked a lot about National Security and some of the tax cuts he's offered, more specifically his marriage tax breaks. He spent too much time making comparison between himself and Kerry & Edwards. He bashed Kerry about 3 times for choosing a lawyer as his vice-president.

If we see debates, I think Bush is going to be more concerned on making Kerry look bad, while Kerry is going to promote himself. Both are good tactics, but I want to hear about the future of American and why it will work... not about who did or didnt go to vietnam. I love Kerry, but its in his best interest to keep any stories of himself and Vietnam out of the debates... The same goes for Bush, he needs to shy away from all the past events. This is badly hurting both of their campaigns.
    i agree, for one we all know kerry is 10x smarter than bush.. i can see bush going duh du du duh duh look at the kitty!! like mentioned bush is riding the terrorist train and not focusing on domestic issues, because mainly he doesnt have a ****ing clue on whats going on and how to tackle it..

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    the democrats boasted about how great the economy was when clinton was running for re-election but it is better under bush right now.

every statistic points to the contrary

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    A) Bush will debate. He canceled one of them because he doesn't need three debates to win this election.....besides, there have been many recent elections where only two debates have taken place, so.....

B) Kerry can't manhandle anything, you have to be a man to MANhandle, first of all. Bush may be a poor speaker, but when it comes time for a debate he will be very polished. Hes not stupid; that is just what the media has been pounding into everyones head for the last 4 years......and his pronunciation doesn't help.

you question manhood??? how dumb, lets see here ummm? did kerry puss out of vietnam ummm no he didnt HE VOLUNTEERED, what did bush do?? um daddy got him out of vietnam, it helps when your dad is the asst director of the cia doesnt it?? um yeah? so i wouldnt question manhood brother.. sorry but kerry has been there done that. bush well no one is for certain where the fukk he was........ case closed so dont give us the manhood bull**** bro! no offense!

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    every statistic points to the contrary
    Inflation rate
    Bush - 1.9% (2004)
    Clinton - 2.6% (1996)

Unemployment rate
    Bush - 5.5% (2004)
    Clinton - 6.2% (1996)

Mortgagte rate
    Bush - 5.86% (2004)
    Clinton - 7.81% (1996)