Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member

The parable of the Republican and the Democrat

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are 31 degrees 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees 49.09 minutes west longitude.

"She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct but I have no idea what to make of your information and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Republican"

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met but somehow now it's my fault."

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    hahahaha thats funny man. rips on both sides!

chances is offline Associate Member
    I have to remember that. That was great.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Thing is . . . I think I've seen that same story somewhere else before, but with the parties reversed.
    Really, it's one of those numerous and meaningless fables that clog the internet and diminish the quality of political debate, and entertains (depending who's ox is being gored) rather than enlightens.
    I hope that y'all will apply a healthy dose of skepticism to anything that purports to be political wisdom; most of what passes for truth is really wacked out nonsense . . .
    -Tock

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Thing is . . . I think I've seen that same story somewhere else before, but with the parties reversed.
    Really, it's one of those numerous and meaningless fables that clog the internet and diminish the quality of political debate, and entertains (depending who's ox is being gored) rather than enlightens.
    I hope that y'all will apply a healthy dose of skepticism to anything that purports to be political wisdom; most of what passes for truth is really wacked out nonsense . . .
    -Tock
    TRUE DAT!
    The parable was great!

Thread Information