Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts

Thread: Kill 5 muslims?

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Kill 5 muslims?

If Muslims do not speak out more about what side of peace they are on - I am seriously concerned that this may be just the start of something that may grow - but frankly, some of the statements by the muslims on this board confirm for me that it is likely to go that way

Letter on Iraq Still Makes Waves in Ariz.

Sun Sep 19, 3:44 PM ET Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

By PAUL DAVENPORT, Associated Press Writer

PHOENIX - The letter to the editor was printed over nine months ago but its effect is still reverberating through Arizona. The Dec. 2 letter in the Tucson (Ariz.) Citizen made a suggestion on how to end "the horror" of American soldiers being killed in Iraq (news - web sites): Go to the nearest mosque and kill five Muslims.

In response, fearful Muslims kept their children home from religious school.

The Gannett Co. newspaper received numerous protest letters from readers, issued an apology and sent staff members to meet with members of a local mosque. Then the controversy moved to the courts.

Two men on Jan. 13 filed a class-action lawsuit against the newspaper on behalf of Islamic-Americans, and the Arizona Supreme Court is being asked to decide whether to overturn a trial judge's ruling allowing the newspaper to be sued for alleged distress caused by what it printed.

The newspaper argues that its First Amendment rights protect it from such lawsuits, but the plaintiffs contend that the newspaper, by choosing to publish the letter, crossed the line.

"You can express your opinion but not — especially with what's going on in the Middle East — if you put some people's lives at risk," said plaintiff Aly Elleithee, an accountant and immigrant from Egypt. "Somebody has to be accountable for what they did."

The Citizen argues that the most fundamental of First Amendment freedoms — the right to engage in robust political debate — is at stake.

"If the trial court's ruling is allowed to stand, political speech that falls well short of advocating immediate violence may be subject to sanction in Arizona — making this state a uniquely risky jurisdiction in which to publish news and commentary," the Citizen's lawyers wrote in the appeal.

Without any immediate physical threat to anyone, publication of the letter is constitutionally protected, the newspaper's appeal said.

Attorney Herbert Beigel argued, however, that publishing the letter was not constitutionally protected because the letter "was a direct call to violence against innocent Islamic-Americans."

Judge Leslie Miller of Pima County Superior Court in Tucson on May 10 granted the Citizen's request to dismiss an assault count in the original lawsuit, but allowed the lawsuit's claim of intentional infliction of emotional distress to stand. A pretrial fact-finding is now on hold while the ruling is appealed.

"Clearly, reasonable minds could differ in determining whether the publication of the letter rose to the level of extreme and outrageous conduct," Miller wrote.

An administrator of the Islamic Center of Tucson said many members of the mosque were alarmed when the letter was published but since have been satisfied with the newspaper's response.

"We were all keeping our fingers crossed and doing a lot of praying," said Muhammad As'ad. "There are a few loose cannons out there, but fortunately, nothing happened."

In a Dec. 6 column apologizing for the newspaper's decision to print the letter, Publisher and Editor Michael A. Chihak said the letter's author had written a second letter to clarify that his comments only referred to military actions in combat zones.

A telephone listed in the name of the letter writer, Dr. Emory Metz Wright Jr., has been disconnected.

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    i would rather go for politicians first, esp ones that like to send our troops out to get killed for no god**** reason.

Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    i would rather go for politicians first, esp ones that like to send our troops out to get killed for no god**** reason.
    I agree - Kerry and others

Very unprofessional for them to publish that.

I have spoken with several muslims and they hate America even though they themselves live in America.

If the muslims continue to support violence in the US they might find themselves in a camp like what happened to the japs.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Honestly, I don't see where they have a leg to stand on. First Ammendment has this one covered...doubt any court would let the suite pass. Not to mention don't all newspapers have a clause that states the opinions written in letters to the editor are not the newspapers opinion?

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    I agree - Kerry and others

Very unprofessional for them to publish that.

I have spoken with several muslims and they hate America even though they themselves live in America.

If the muslims continue to support violence in the US they might find themselves in a camp like what happened to the japs.

what?

Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Ack!

I read the last line and it sounds like im advocating that. Im not! I was just saying that if we were under attack on a daily basis I wouldnt be surprised to see that.

Sorry its early morn.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    Honestly, I don't see where they have a leg to stand on. First Ammendment has this one covered...doubt any court would let the suite pass. Not to mention don't all newspapers have a clause that states the opinions written in letters to the editor are not the newspapers opinion?
    No kidding. The ACLU would field day......

Something needs to be done. I don't think killing innocent members of Islam is the answer though, that will just stir up more hatred. Instead, I think it would be wise to reinstate some types of punishments for our ennemies, i.e public floggings, public executions over there. That might make people mad, but it will scare our ennemies instead of driving undecided people into hating us as much. It will show that we are only after certain individuals that wish to harm us, and we will do whatever is neccesary to stop them, and that we are not intimidated.

But at the same time, bombing cities has a certain dissuasion factor to it.......I remember learning about bombing Lybia way back in HS. Gadaffi was a man who openly supported terrorism against the US, and ever since we let loose on one of his cities, he has been a good little boy for the most part.

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    i hope most of you can tell the difference btw muslims and other ethnic groups like hindus and sikhs, i bet most of you cant, i remember after 9-11, there was so much hate crimes against other ethnic groups who have nothing to do with islam just because peeps thought they where muslim - how pathetic is that?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    People can have whatever opinion they choose, it's an American liberty. However, the newspaper had no obligation to print anything. Again, the paper has the right to print anything that they choose, so long as it doesnt "harm" anyone. If the article can be proven to cause harm to any one individual, then they need to answer for it. That will be hard to do unless 5 Muslims are dragged out of a Mosque and beheaded.

Whomever wrote the article is an idiot, and the newspaper is irresponsible for printing it, but that's within their rights.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Then we will have Muslims in America that will join hands and fight America like how Muslims are fighting Israelies.

People have to understand, revenge is a highly valued commodity in Islamic Lands. The "eye for an eye" mentality.

If some American killed one of my relatives because he or she was muslim, I would scream revenge.

And the cycle will continue.

But these people dont realize, not all muslims are radical or extremist. Killing of civilians is forbidden in Islam.

chances is offline Associate Member
    Actually, the First amendment does not protect anything you fell like saying. Classic example is shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater is not protected by free speech. Why? It will cause a panic and people will get hurt. This letter caused a panic, and luckily no one got hurt. It caused a panic in the muslim community. I think there is a case there.

The newspaper should also be fined or censured somehow for printing it. They could just as easily dropped it in the trash and no one, but the reader and the writer would have known it existed. Instead they chose to print an obvious call for hate crimes to be committed against muslims. That is irresponsible.

chance

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    But these people dont realize, not all muslims are radical or extremist. Killing of civilians is forbidden in Islam.

Unfortunately too many are easily convinced that the interpretation of "civilian" can and does include any citizen of Israel or the West.

Most of these people have nothing, and have no leaders that look out for their interests.

When a seemingly powerfull person like UBL steps up, you have armies of the ignorant fueled by blind hatred.

I really wish there were vocal Arab leaders that have more sway. War is war, but at least there would be restrictions put on the combatants.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Unfortunately too many are easily convinced that the interpretation of "civilian" can and does include any citizen of Israel or the West.

Most of these people have nothing, and have no leaders that look out for their interests.

When a seemingly powerfull person like UBL steps up, you have armies of the ignorant fueled by blind hatred.

I really wish there were vocal Arab leaders that have more sway. War is war, but at least there would be restrictions put on the combatants.
    How many Muslim civilians have terrorists killed, in Pakistan, Morroco, Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, Algeria, Saudi Arabia etc. These extremists dont care, they are guided more by anger, revenge, and hate, than by religion

The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) had prohibitions on killing noncombatants, or, as he put it, "a woman or a child, or a hermit, a farmer plowing his field, [or] a person who is not carrying a weapon against you."

How many Muslim civilians have terrorists killed, in Pakistan, Morroco, Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, Algeria, Saudi Arabia etc. These extremists dont care, they are guided more by anger, revenge, and hate, than by religion

The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) had prohibitions on killing noncombatants, or, as he put it, "a woman or a child, or a hermit, a farmer plowing his field, [or] a person who is not carrying a weapon against you."

I didn't mention fellow Muslims, but you reinforce my point.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    It wouldnt be as easy for muslim terrorist to operate over here like they do in other countrys. They can plan large scale attacks, but to even suggest that they could pull off the kind of stuff they do in Isreal is intresting. There is alot of us americans that learn quickly. Not all of us over here is willing to see our country attacked , and then defend our enemy through the following years while we fight them. There is alot of guys on here from america that are opposed to punishing these people. But that is not the majority of America. As you will see during this next election. Dont think that the spineless few represent America. They dont, they are who the rest of us despise. They argue for our enemy!!!!

I personally will never let any person of arabic desent do anything wrong in front of me. Like all the saudis hijacking air planes with box cutters. That was a joke. There must have been a bunch of liberals on those planes. As far as im concerned there is very few people that would like to bring a weapon into a fight with me.

Back to topic I think that News Paper should have been a little more respectfull towards the muslims that live in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    It wouldnt be as easy for muslim terrorist to operate over here like they do in other countrys. They can plan large scale attacks, but to even suggest that they could pull off the kind of stuff they do in Isreal is intresting.
    If Timothy McVeigh can do something, so can highly trained terrorists. At this time in America, you can go out and buy an AK-47 or an Uzi.

There must have been a bunch of liberals on those planes.
    You should be ashamed making a comment like that, on people that died in a terrorist attack. Let them rest in peace instead of degrading them futher.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I personally will never let any person of arabic desent do anything wrong in front of me. Like all the saudis hijacking air planes with box cutters. That was a joke. There must have been a bunch of liberals on those planes. As far as im concerned there is very few people that would like to bring a weapon into a fight with me.
    Not all of them. The plane that crashed in PA, crashed because a bunch of guys got together and almost took the cockpit back. To prevent them from actually succeeding in taking the plane back, the terrorist that was driving, pointed it nose down. There was no way to save the plane then. You have to remember, nothing like that had ever happened before. I'm sure the people on those planes thought that they would land somewhere, the terrorists would try to negotiate some wishlist, then they would be set free. I'm sure it never entered any of their minds what was about to happen.

If the same thing were to happen today, I guarantee you there would be a different outcome.

chance

If Timothy McVeigh can do something, so can highly trained terrorists. At this time in America, you can go out and buy an AK-47 or an Uzi.
    You cannot buy an AK-47 or Uzi in the US. You cannot buy automatic weapons in the US. The Assault Weapons Ban that just expired did not outlaw those weapons. They are outlawed by other Federal laws.

chance

If Timothy McVeigh can do something, so can highly trained terrorists.
    A highly motivated small force can do anything anywhere. The key is to prevent them from gaining the material that they need to execute their plan. That's why the intelligence community is so vital to protecting us, and why vigilence by the citizens of the US is also vital to our safety.

chance

Quote Originally Posted by chances
    Not all of them. The plane that crashed in PA, crashed because a bunch of guys got together and almost took the cockpit back. To prevent them from actually succeeding in taking the plane back, the terrorist that was driving, pointed it nose down. There was no way to save the plane then. You have to remember, nothing like that had ever happened before. I'm sure the people on those planes thought that they would land somewhere, the terrorists would try to negotiate some wishlist, then they would be set free. I'm sure it never entered any of their minds what was about to happen.

If the same thing were to happen today, I guarantee you there would be a different outcome.

chance

No, on 93, they knew they were going to die. They had spoken to family members on cell phones, and heard of the WTC. They knew they would die, and they fought, they fought for their ****ing lives. It still brings tears of pride to my eyes everytime I read that part of the Commsion Report.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    No, on 93, they knew they were going to die. They had spoken to family members on cell phones, and heard of the WTC. They knew they would die, and they fought, they fought for their ****ing lives. It still brings tears of pride to my eyes everytime I read that part of the Commsion Report.
    I'm sorry, I meant the other planes. Those guys who fought for that plane were heros. Chokes me up too.

chance

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    That flight that prevented the other planned attack are heros. I have respect for all of them so much that I am willing to fight the people that killed them. I wish everyone else had the same respect.

Have you guys seen the new commercial put out by the liberals. Where they show a Ak-47 and state that it shoots approx 300 rounds per minute. And then state that a A terrorist can obtain one of these weapons and kill 300 people per minute. This is another great example of who the democrates are trying to appeal to. Ignorant people. What I think is sad is even educated liberals that know better will take advantage of their partys propaganda and help spead it knowing that it intended for ignorant ears.

To anyone that says well it can be turned into a fully automatic. Well if you have all the gun smithing machinery to make a Ak-47 fully automatic. you could make anything an automatic. Its not as easy as people think either. If someone just modified the firing pin. It wouldnt take very long for the thing to blow up when someone held the trigger.

Thread Information