Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts

Thread: Cool Reception

chances is offline Associate Member

Cool Reception

Couldn't have said this better myself.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

By Neil Cavuto

Sometimes when I watch the president speak before the United Nations, I like to look at the faces watching him as the camera cuts away to delegates and country representatives clearly un-impressed by his words.

I don't think they like this president much. I'm not here to argue for or against this president. I'm just summing up what I see. From the faces I see, I'm not encouraged and from the words I hear, I’m not impressed.

They like to talk about our failures in Iraq, but say nothing about more than a decade of their ignoring Iraq.

They talk about their love of the people there, but say barely boo about the billions of dollars in U.N. funds that was stolen from the people there.

They claim to be outraged by our parading Iraqi prisoners, but don't say a peep about the beheading of Eugene Armstrong.

They rant about hostages we led by leashes, but say not a word about hostages heads lopped off by thugs.

They protect their own in that tiny independent real estate they call home here. They mock the services and comforts we provide them in the city we call New York here.

They're free to bitch, of course. I just kind of think given their track record, they're the last ones to judge on any course. They sit on their hands and pretend to feel for the world, while those same hands siphon off billions intended to help the world.

We are not perfect here, but we're trying. I just find it odd that they, of all people, are the ones criticizing.

So I'll tell you what, U.N. I won't lecture you on dieting, if you don't lecture us on leading.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Michigan State University
    You listen to any athlete talking about how great he is, what he's done bla, bla bla. I could care less what he says he's done or going to do, I wanna see what your batting avg is, how many td's you scored, how many goals you've scored. You have to look past the rhetoric, ppl are unimpressed with bush because you look at his record and thats all you can do, his presidency has been an incredible dissappointment. Just go right down the list of issues.

chances is offline Associate Member
    I wasn't even thinking about Bush when I posted this. I was thinking the history of the UN and the US whether it's Bush or Clinton, or Reagan. Doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is, the UN will never be happy with the US until we bow odwn and do what they tell us to do.

Do your same comparison against the benevolent UN. Just like the League of Nations before it, the UN was a good idea at the time, but now it has turned into a corrupt club of nations that want to have a say in US policy. Granted there are some good things that the UN has done, but those good things are becoming far and in between.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    The UN is a bunch of hypocrites. Their inaction speaks louder than any words they will ever say......

I agree with everything you've posted chances.

Thread Information