Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

They preach peace and......

I wonder if they're even looking for the S.O.B. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Decorated Soldier Attacked At Concert By Peace Loving Liberals In Columbus Ohio
    Barton Cannot Return To Iraq Due To Injuries

Foster Barton, 19, of Grove City, received a Purple Heart for his military service in Iraq. He almost lost his leg last month after a Humvee he was riding in ran over a landmine.

Barton said he was injured again Friday night in a crowded parking lot as he was leaving the Toby Keith concert at Germain Amphitheatre. The solider was injured so badly that he can't go back to Iraq as scheduled.

"I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground."

Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt.

"It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job."

According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported.

One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker, said Barton hit first. Police said they do not think that witness is credible since the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.

Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.

"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said.

After a two-week leave, Barton was supposed to return to Iraq Tuesday. But his broken nose will delay his return.

Barton is waiting for doctors to tell him when he can return to active duty. He said wants to go back as soon as possible because his unit was just attacked. Eleven soldiers were wounded and two were killed, he said

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3746350/detail.html

cb25 is offline Banned
    Wow. Incredible...if you disagree with the war, that's one thing. But how dare you attack the people that protect you...f*cking cowards.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I can't imagine any liberals at a country concert, lol. However, I disagree that the insurgents are cowards.

I agree. If you don't support the war, FINE. Deal with it. Take a stand. But don't attack the soldiers....military personnel are doing the job they are paid to do. None of us said "hey Mr. Pres., we aren't happy just sitting around bored...could you start a war for us."

And who protests for peace....with violence

mfenske is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    I can't imagine any liberals at a country concert, lol.
    That's what I was thinking. I've never met the man but I get the impression that Toby Keith is an arrogant, redneck a$$hole. Mark

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    Wow. Incredible...if you disagree with the war, that's one thing. But how dare you attack the people that protect you...f*cking cowards.
    my thoughts exactly.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    thats just sick. its a shame that people in the crowd didnt stomp that fool.

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    Barbi, I'm going to guess your in the military from what I've heard from you so far but I had a question. You know how you posted the slut ban for overseas military and all that? What do female officers like yourself do? Are there man-whores or do you have a favorite soldier of yours? And if you get with another soldier is he higher or lower in rank than you? Just one of those dumb male thoughts that hit me, hopefully you don't take offense; totally an innocent (male) question.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    i know im going to get **** for this, but it sounds to me like the whole story isnt coming out. what happened sucks, but would somebody really get attacked over something like this? the pieces just dont seem to fit to me.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    "Iraqi Freedom" t-shirts????.......this country has no class whatsoever......using war to sell t-shirts is really wierd.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    "Iraqi Freedom" t-shirts????.......this country has no class whatsoever......using war to sell t-shirts is really wierd.
    Iraqi Freedom is the name of the "operation" the military is conducting over there. Now i may be wrong, but being a part of that operation...i think he has the right to wear that. I doubt these shirts are sold that much to the general public...but like i said, i could be wrong.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I can't imagine any liberals at a country concert, lol. However, I disagree that the insurgents are cowards.
    How exactly are the insurgents not cowards?? Curious of your viewpoint..

My viewpoint is that anyone that hides behind the masses while conducting car bombings, is a coward..Killing innocent men, women, and children is cowardly..Driving a car bomb up to an Iraqi police station and killing the men and women who are trying to protect the laws of Iraq is cowardly..

Doc M

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    exactly, esp from behind.. ****ing pussy!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    How exactly are the insurgents not cowards?? Curious of your viewpoint..

My viewpoint is that anyone that hides behind the masses while conducting car bombings, is a coward..Killing innocent men, women, and children is cowardly..Driving a car bomb up to an Iraqi police station and killing the men and women who are trying to protect the laws of Iraq is cowardly..

Doc M

preach on brotha!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I can't imagine any liberals at a country concert,
    They were there to protest, Toby Keith is a strong supporter of the War in Iraq, and of our troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    They were there to protest, Toby Keith is a strong supporter of the War in Iraq, and of our troops.
    Then why doesn't he ship his ass over there instead of living in country musuc lal la land......hiding behind his big guitar......it's quite easy to get a job with KBR in Afghanistan......Toby just uses the war to sell records....what a dip

Then why doesn't he ship his ass over there instead of living in country musuc lal la land......hiding behind his big guitar......it's quite easy to get a job with KBR in Afghanistan......Toby just uses the war to sell records....what a dip

i agree with you to an extent.. i think that he rode the military song bandwagon a little far but you have to have some kind of songs that boosts moral for the troops.. i dont have anything against toby for it at all..

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Come on, how do you really feel??? Dude you sure are worked up for a Friday afternoon..

He is doing his part, entertaining the troops, supporting the troops, and putting out the good word...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Come on, how do you really feel??? Dude you sure are worked up for a Friday afternoon..

He is doing his part, entertaining the troops, supporting the troops, and putting out the good word...
    You know.....these entertainers "supporting the war effort"......why don't they grab a weapon and get to work instead of flopping their fat lips.....
    Toby Keith and his "mr hard ass" image.....what a farce......the Iraqis grab an AK-47 when they want to support a war effort.....everyone from age 8 to 80
    We do the american style war.....with musicians, t-shirts, newsletters, and tear jerker lyrics......so if you all are such big supporters of the Iraq war......why don't you all get a ticket and make things happen?

They are either handed out or sold at the base PX's. I think I've seen them in our NEX.

Iraqi Freedom is the name of the "operation" the military is conducting over there. Now i may be wrong, but being a part of that operation...i think he has the right to wear that. I doubt these shirts are sold that much to the general public...but like i said, i could be wrong.

Just like the Marine t-shirts......."pain is just fear leaving your body"........how about
    "pain is your leg leaving your body from a booby trap".......they sucker these kids with lyrics and false impressions......they need to go visit a VA hospital before enlisting

decadbal is offline Banned
    screw anyone who dont support our trooops, hope they all die....yea i said it

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    screw anyone who dont support our trooops, hope they all die....yea i said it
    The best way to support our troops is to not send them into places they don't need to be.......Bush USES our boys for profit......there I said it!

The best way to support our troops is to not send them into places they don't need to be.......Bush USES our boys for profit......there I said it!
    go whine your pussy politics somewhere else

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    They are either handed out or sold at the base PX's. I think I've seen them in our NEX.
    that's what i thought.

one of my best friends has a tshirt that says "Peace, the old-fashioned way" with a picture of a b52. His brother is a pilot in the airforce (my friend is a lieutenant in the airforce, now back in dental school) -- and that's how he got his shirt.

sin
    go whine your pussy politics somewhere else
    i think there is probably a better place for your idiot politics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    i think there is probably a better place for your idiot politics as well.
    i love ppl like u who havnt earned their freedom and take it for granted... maybe youll be lucky enough to watch your family slaugtered and the shot in the face with the others on your street before you realize whats really going on, i doubt we are that lucky tho.. now im done with you anti war rejects.

sin
    i love ppl like u who havnt earned their freedom and take it for granted... maybe youll be lucky enough to watch your family slaugtered and the shot in the face with the others on your street before you realize whats really going on, i doubt we are that lucky tho.. now im done with you anti war rejects.
    funny how you have no idea what your talking about, yet you think you have it all figured out. typical brainless reply.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    I think we are jumping to conclusions here. There are two possibilities and each one seems plausible:

1) A liberal person hit him for being a soldier.

2) A hick conservative hit him for misunderstanding the phrase "Iraqi freedom," which could be interpreted as an anti-USA slogan.

From what I have read, most liberals have this motto "We love our troops, bring them home." I even heard on an interview on a major radio station with Michael Moore where he praised the people who are willing to die for our freedom, but wishes they would only be asked to risk their lives when necessary.

I do not describe myself as liberal or conservative. I am more philosophical. Give me an issue, and I will analyze it independent of any party line.

Hey this wasn't supposed to turn into a bashing thread. Ease up you guys!

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Myself being an 'ex-soldier' and still work with them every day though not enlisted have the view that the general public is ignorant. I dont mean that in a bad way calling them names. I dont mean that. I have privelege to information that is not released to the public because of different reasons, either being that the enemy having this info would cause damage to national security, or the general public would make bigger deals out of the info than needs to be which could make it a big deal, etc etc...anyway, I know there is also information that is not shown to me. Based on what I do know and that there is more than I know, i kind of have a blind faith in the US military. Yes it is the president that has to personally send us there, but its the top secret info that makes him do it. Most 'anti-war' people can not grasp this concept, not because of stupidity, but because they have no experiences in it. Ok, example, people are making accusations saying sadam didnt even have any WMD, but just because we didnt find them, I still believe they are out there and we had proof. This proof is classified. If we 'proved' ourselves in court, we would be giving away secrets and the enemy would know how we got the info and thus there goes the enemy's vulnerability, so someone takes the blame. I hate the view that someone has to be responsible when talking about military/public because they are 2 separat realms and if the classified realm were to let someone off based on top secret evidence, and the public knew he was let off, but couldnt know why, though it was what was supposed to happen, theyd go crazy and blame the system corrupt. Ive been over there. I dont want to get into it. Im not some brain washed teenager by slogans. Thats an labeling excuse some would put on those of us who have these beliefs that we want to fight for our country, and that we voluntarily go into enemy territory WHETHER OR NOT those who send us there are right or wrong. That is the type of people we are and the labeling by those who arent like us (and im not saying one is better, just different) is wrong.

ok, my vent. thanks for reading.

max

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    Myself being an 'ex-soldier' and still work with them every day though not enlisted have the view that the general public is ignorant. I dont mean that in a bad way calling them names. I dont mean that. I have privelege to information that is not released to the public because of different reasons, either being that the enemy having this info would cause damage to national security, or the general public would make bigger deals out of the info than needs to be which could make it a big deal, etc etc...anyway, I know there is also information that is not shown to me. Based on what I do know and that there is more than I know, i kind of have a blind faith in the US military. Yes it is the president that has to personally send us there, but its the top secret info that makes him do it. Most 'anti-war' people can not grasp this concept, not because of stupidity, but because they have no experiences in it. Ok, example, people are making accusations saying sadam didnt even have any WMD, but just because we didnt find them, I still believe they are out there and we had proof. This proof is classified. If we 'proved' ourselves in court, we would be giving away secrets and the enemy would know how we got the info and thus there goes the enemy's vulnerability, so someone takes the blame. I hate the view that someone has to be responsible when talking about military/public because they are 2 separat realms and if the classified realm were to let someone off based on top secret evidence, and the public knew he was let off, but couldnt know why, though it was what was supposed to happen, theyd go crazy and blame the system corrupt. Ive been over there. I dont want to get into it. Im not some brain washed teenager by slogans. Thats an labeling excuse some would put on those of us who have these beliefs that we want to fight for our country, and that we voluntarily go into enemy territory WHETHER OR NOT those who send us there are right or wrong. That is the type of people we are and the labeling by those who arent like us (and im not saying one is better, just different) is wrong.

ok, my vent. thanks for reading.

max
    And what does that prove???.......The intelligence guys couldn't even tell the documents were forged accusing Saddam of trying to buy uranium in Africa.......You trust the military??....the three guys I know that were involved in the military(ex-Seal....ex Army Intel....and one I have no idea what he did) they don't trust the military AT ALL. I love these arguments....."you people are in the dark.....you just don't know the whole story.......we have the secret info".......What we DO know are the historical events where the CIA and others have manipulated the people of the US and other governments......overthrows......contras......etc etc........why should we trust you bunch of lying cretins???....Your bunch is full of guile and alterior motives........
    For example....I happen to know someone who worked for the nuclear weapons end of things........he says we cheated all the time on treaties.....
    you go ahead and trust the military as your spoonfed intel with a spin......

maybe you can volunteer to observe some nuclear testing closeup......or some other experiment the military has pulled on unsuspecting servicemen.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    I didnt say it proved anything. Its my belief. Just as you have yours not to trust the military.

have a good day.

max

Thread Information