Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts

Thread: patriotism

patriotism

what happened to patriotism, i feel like every where i got these days people our bashing this great country of ours. People really seem to forget how great this nation really is..

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    i know what ya mean post 9/11 patriotism was at an all time high. Our great leader turned world support into world scorn in less than 2 yrs.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
    -einstein

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
    -einstein
    In his later years Einstein lost his passivist stance on war and became an outspoken (and patriotic) Zionist. He was even asked to be the Prime Minister of Israel.

sin
    That Albert Einstein was a supporter of political Zionism and, as such, a supporter of the movement for the establishment of the State of Israel, and subsequently, a supporter of the same State after its establishment until his death, is a common MYTH.

This myth is perpetuated by the Zionist, pro-Israel media. Their motive to distort the public perception of Einstein by portraying him as a Zionist, pro-Israel personality is understandable. The tactics and methods of such distortion of facts and reality in regard to Israel and its allies or adversaries are just all too well-known. As undeniably Einstein was one of the most towering figures of the 20th century's scientific community, to have his endorsement for Zionism and Israel is just too valuable a political capital to pass up. But more importantly, if he was not portrayed as a pro-Israel Zionist, there would always have been a good chance that people might just be curious to find out what his real view was, which could be a serious liability against Zionism and Israel. Thus, the best way to prevent the world to be better informed about Einstein's view about Zionism and Israel was to use the mighty Zionist media machinery to constantly propagate what is contrary to the truth, create a MYTH about the connection between Einstein and Zionism and suppress any information contrary to what is upheld by that machinery. It's a trap so difficult to avoid.

In this age of internet, try to search ("all the words" option) on Einstein and Zionism or Einstein and Israel, and you will see that virtually all the apparently relevant entries that appear at the top present Einstein as a pro-Zionism, pro-Israel person. If someone did not probe beyond what is customarily available and did not do additional due diligence, one can be easily duped. For example, if you did that search on MSN search engine, the top entry would be something like "Albert Einstein on Zionism" and if you click on it, you would end up at http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/Quote/einsteinq.html and it would show a quote by Einstein saying: “Zionism springs from an even deeper motive than Jewish suffering. It is rooted in a Jewish spiritual tradition whose maintenance and development are for Jews the basis of their continued existence as a community.” [One might notice there the absence of any citation or reference, which is unusual. One possibility is that they want you to know about the quotation, but not the context of it. Or, the very source might have other information damaging to the interest of Zionism.]

That Albert Einstein was a supporter of political Zionism and, as such, a supporter of the movement for the establishment of the State of Israel, and subsequently, a supporter of the same State after its establishment until his death, is a common MYTH.

This myth is perpetuated by the Zionist, pro-Israel media. Their motive to distort the public perception of Einstein by portraying him as a Zionist, pro-Israel personality is understandable. The tactics and methods of such distortion of facts and reality in regard to Israel and its allies or adversaries are just all too well-known. As undeniably Einstein was one of the most towering figures of the 20th century's scientific community, to have his endorsement for Zionism and Israel is just too valuable a political capital to pass up. But more importantly, if he was not portrayed as a pro-Israel Zionist, there would always have been a good chance that people might just be curious to find out what his real view was, which could be a serious liability against Zionism and Israel. Thus, the best way to prevent the world to be better informed about Einstein's view about Zionism and Israel was to use the mighty Zionist media machinery to constantly propagate what is contrary to the truth, create a MYTH about the connection between Einstein and Zionism and suppress any information contrary to what is upheld by that machinery. It's a trap so difficult to avoid.

In this age of internet, try to search ("all the words" option) on Einstein and Zionism or Einstein and Israel, and you will see that virtually all the apparently relevant entries that appear at the top present Einstein as a pro-Zionism, pro-Israel person. If someone did not probe beyond what is customarily available and did not do additional due diligence, one can be easily duped. For example, if you did that search on MSN search engine, the top entry would be something like "Albert Einstein on Zionism" and if you click on it, you would end up at http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/Quote/einsteinq.html and it would show a quote by Einstein saying: “Zionism springs from an even deeper motive than Jewish suffering. It is rooted in a Jewish spiritual tradition whose maintenance and development are for Jews the basis of their continued existence as a community.” [One might notice there the absence of any citation or reference, which is unusual. One possibility is that they want you to know about the quotation, but not the context of it. Or, the very source might have other information damaging to the interest of Zionism.]
    http://globalwebpost.com/farooqm/wri...r/einstein.htm

Thanks, I'll beleive his biography over this retarded web page.

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    http://globalwebpost.com/farooqm/wri...r/einstein.htm

Thanks, I'll beleive his biography over this retarded web page.

einstein wrote an autobiography?

einstein wrote an autobiography?
    BIOgraphy. Which I unfortunately don't have in my posession anymore.

Einstein was not a pacifist in his later years. During WW II. He worked directly in the war effort for the US Navy. He also wrote a letter directly to president Roosevelt urging him to speed up the nation's nuclear weaponry development.

Even when he was a pacifist, he supported the Zionist cause. So much so that he was offered the presidency of the new state of Israel.

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    BIOgraphy. Which I unfortunately don't have in my posession anymore.

Einstein was not a pacifist in his later years. During WW II. He worked directly in the war effort for the US Navy. He also wrote a letter directly to president Roosevelt urging him to speed up the nation's nuclear weaponry development.

Even when he was a pacifist, he supported the Zionist cause. So much so that he was offered the presidency of the new state of Israel.
    if it was a biography and not an autobiography, isnt it someone elses opinion of what he was, same as the web page? his urging of roosevelt was because he knew that heisenberg was working on the atomic bomb in germany and would get it done first if they did not speed up.

if it was a biography and not an autobiography, isnt it someone elses opinion of what he was, same as the web page? his urging of roosevelt was because he knew that heisenberg was working on the atomic bomb in germany and would get it done first if they did not speed up.
    The biography draws from material in his own words, often from public speeches. Try to find his original speeches "On Zionism".

Denying that Einstein held Zionist views is a rediculous and unremarkable statement made by Muslims with the intention of falsifying political beliefs by a highly reveered man.

Here: http://hypertextbook.com/eworld/einstein.shtml
    Are the links to his original letters. You are correct that a primary motivator in the development of U.S. nuclear weapons was Germany's own burgeoning nuclear program.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I hold allegience only to the Founding Fathers and the framework that they set in place. If they were to see the state of affairs today, they would deem us unfit to be a free people, because apparently we are more fit to be ruled like peasants. We don't deserve liberty.

Dissent is American patriotism.

chances is offline Associate Member
    Back to patriotism. I watched closely after 9/11, because of the massive outpouring of collective Americanism here in the US. Well, we're right back where we were, and no, it is not Bush's fault, it's our own. People were banding together right after 9/11. If someone had a problem, there were neighbors there to help.

Ever so slowly, we have fallen back to the way things were before 9/11. If a woman was being murdered in the streets of New York, no one would call the police because they wouldn't want to get envolved. No one talks anymore or cares about each other any more. I'm no better, I don't know any of my neighbors. I could have an al Queda cell living in my apartment complex and I wouldn't know it. We don't care to be a community anymore.

We go to work, mingle with our co-workers, then head home. We travel home from work isolated in our headphones or on our cell phones never actually speaking to anyone else and then sit on our ass in front of the tv which preaches to us how ****ed up our Country is. Think about that for a minute. When was the last time you saw anything pro-America on TV? Even the Olympics was pretty glib. Where are all the exposes on the relief workers working to help the Floridians? No, instead we get treated to night after night of destruction and death counts.

Most of us here have other social interactions at the gym, but how many of you are inclined to walk up to a new guy at your gym and say, "hi"? I see a lot of posts in the Lounge about idiots and morons in the gym. I've been going to a new gym for about 3 months now and the only people who have ever said anything to me were women. Every guy in the place gives every other guy the stink eye or ignores him entirely. I actually watched for a second as this one girl was struggling to get a 45lbs plate off a bar in a squat rack. Must have been 6 or 7 guys sitting around watching, not even lifting, and chuckling because she couldn't get it off. I finally walked over and helped her. Where is the respect? Where is the empathy?

And you wonder why patriotism has died? You can't blame it on anyone but ourselves. It's not the government's fault. It's our own fault.

chance

Quote Originally Posted by chances
    Back to patriotism. I watched closely after 9/11, because of the massive outpouring of collective Americanism here in the US. Well, we're right back where we were, and no, it is not Bush's fault, it's our own. People were banding together right after 9/11. If someone had a problem, there were neighbors there to help.

Ever so slowly, we have fallen back to the way things were before 9/11. If a woman was being murdered in the streets of New York, no one would call the police because they wouldn't want to get envolved. No one talks anymore or cares about each other any more. I'm no better, I don't know any of my neighbors. I could have an al Queda cell living in my apartment complex and I wouldn't know it. We don't care to be a community anymore.

We go to work, mingle with our co-workers, then head home. We travel home from work isolated in our headphones or on our cell phones never actually speaking to anyone else and then sit on our ass in front of the tv which preaches to us how ****ed up our Country is. Think about that for a minute. When was the last time you saw anything pro-America on TV? Even the Olympics was pretty glib. Where are all the exposes on the relief workers working to help the Floridians? No, instead we get treated to night after night of destruction and death counts.

Most of us here have other social interactions at the gym, but how many of you are inclined to walk up to a new guy at your gym and say, "hi"? I see a lot of posts in the Lounge about idiots and morons in the gym. I've been going to a new gym for about 3 months now and the only people who have ever said anything to me were women. Every guy in the place gives every other guy the stink eye or ignores him entirely. I actually watched for a second as this one girl was struggling to get a 45lbs plate off a bar in a squat rack. Must have been 6 or 7 guys sitting around watching, not even lifting, and chuckling because she couldn't get it off. I finally walked over and helped her. Where is the respect? Where is the empathy?

And you wonder why patriotism has died? You can't blame it on anyone but ourselves. It's not the government's fault. It's our own fault.

chance

Bowling Alone.

chances is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Bowling Alone.
    Wow, I didn't know someone wrote a book about it.

chance

Quote Originally Posted by chances
    Wow, I didn't know someone wrote a book about it.

chance

....and a very, very good one.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Bush destroyed any sense of unity with his right wing policies. I believe all most of us are patriots at heart in the sense we love and will defend OUR nation (not Iraq) and that existed pre 9/11 and just became more visible.

Thread Information