Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 43
  1. #1
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130

    I want the opinion of Americans or others on this situation.

    Let us say, Saddam one day decided that he felt the US was a threat to the security of his people, and a threat to his neighbors.

    So he goes through the UN to declare war on America is they dont disarm their WMD's. America rejects this, and the UN tells Iraq they cant go to war, because it is illegal.

    Now lets say Iraq ignores the UN and invades and occupies the US.

    Now we have about 200,000 Republican Guards Soldiers in the streets of the US. Setting up curfews. Bombing in civilian areas to kill and arrest Americans who are fighting the occupation of their country by the Iraqis.

    Now also lets say that the Iraqis call these Americans that resist the Iraqis terrorists.

    Then the Iraqi Republican guard goes house to house, and captures "American insurgents" and puts them in a jail, lets say Riker Park. Now later Americans find out that the Iraqi Soliders abuses and molested the American terrorists in America figthing Iraqi occupation of American land.

    Then the Iraqi government, takes a Muslim Citizen from the United States and makes him the interim President. And they decide they want an Islamic government for America. And they arrest or try and kill people that want a democractic government.

    Americans reject the call for an Islamic government, but the people that reject the government are called terrorists, and insurgents.

    Now the Iraqi government brings in scores of Muslim workers from Muslim lands to work to rebuild America by building Mosques, Islamic religious institutions, satellites for Islamic propoganda, and military engineers to support the occupation.

    I just want to know how Americans would react to this.

    How would you treat the Republican guard?

    How would you treat the civilian contractors?

    How would you treat the interim president?

    How would you treat the prisoner abuse situation?

    How would you like Arab soldiers storming you house and humiliting you in front of you family?

    Dont dismiss my story, its JUST a "WHAT IF" situation.

    I would like answers to the questions.

  2. #2
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    If our president and govt was murdering, torturing, raping giving money to support terrorist who were bombing other countries, id say iraq, please help and overthrow our govt...

  3. #3
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    If our president and govt was murdering, torturing, raping giving money to support terrorist who were bombing other countries, id say iraq, please help and overthrow our govt...
    You would be a perfect candiate for the new American police, set up by the Iraqi Government based in Occupied America.

  4. #4
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    You would be a perfect candiate for the new American police, set up by the Iraqi Government based in Occupied America.
    Subhaan Allah ! a very inquisitive thought i may add !

  5. #5
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    If our president and govt was murdering, torturing, raping giving money to support terrorist who were bombing other countries, id say iraq, please help and overthrow our govt...
    Lets assume what you are saying about the American President is true.

    I should have worded my response to this differently.

    The Jeffersonian American "Rebels" who are very extreme in their views that America should stay democratic and free, call you a traitor.

    They call you a traitor because you are supporting an occupational Iraqi force that wants to bring a Islamic Government to your country the United States, stripping away the democratic values that the country was run on.

    They now see you as one of them, and see you as a target for their attacks.

    Dont forget Iraq attacked the US because they were thereaten by the US, and wanted regime change in the US. Not because the Iraqi government wanted to see the American people free.

  6. #6
    carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    300
    Let us say, Saddam one day decided that he felt the US was a threat to the security of his people, and a threat to his neighbors.

    So he goes through the UN to declare war on America is they dont disarm their WMD's. America rejects this, and the UN tells Iraq they cant go to war, because it is illegal.

    There would need to be a UN resolution forcing us to disarm. Even then, the idea if international law is really vague. The UN does not settle international disputes, the world court does.

    Now lets say Iraq ignores the UN and invades and occupies the US.
    Yeah, that one is so unrealistic, it is a joke to even mention hypothetically.

    Now we have about 200,000 Republican Guards Soldiers in the streets of the US. Setting up curfews. Bombing in civilian areas to kill and arrest Americans who are fighting the occupation of their country by the Iraqis.

    Now also lets say that the Iraqis call these Americans that resist the Iraqis terrorists.

    Most of the fighting today exists in a few cities. It is not widespread all over the country. I would consider Abu Musab al-Zarqawi a terrorist indeed. I would also consider Muqtada al-Sadr a terrorist, he has literally told his followeres to use "terrorist tactics." Howabout we just call them scumbags, and declare a war on scum?

    Then the Iraqi Republican guard goes house to house, and captures "American insurgents" and puts them in a jail, lets say Riker Park. Now later Americans find out that the Iraqi Soliders abuses and molested the American terrorists in America figthing Iraqi occupation of American land.
    Good spelling on that one. I have never heard anything as idiotic as rules to warfare, especially when only one side has agreed to follow the rules. It isn't a game of Risk. There probably has never been a single war in which either side has strictly adhered to Geneva. Why would this one be any different? Besides, I consider the publicized throat cutting a little more harsh than what we did. You would be surprised at the reaction to the prison scandal in the Middle East anyway. When the people of Iraq heard about it, most were not even initially shocked. It paled in comparison to what happened there before it. After the militant factions started using it for politics...then it took off. They even faked outrage over it. They didn't seem to worry about the prisoners at Abu Ghraib before the scandal was broken, where they killed dozens of prisoners while shelling the place. For some reason nobody mentions that in the press.

    Then the Iraqi government, takes a Muslim Citizen from the United States and makes him the interim President. And they decide they want an Islamic government for America. And they arrest or try and kill people that want a democractic government.

    We're not arresting or killing people who want Islamic governments all over the country. We're concentrating on the ones killing the other locals and our troops. They can have an Islamic democracy if they vote to do so, it works ok in Turkey. However, any government that does not allow its citizens to vote is not legitimate. There is no alternative solution.

    Americans reject the call for an Islamic government, but the people that reject the government are called terrorists, and insurgents.

    How do you know they reject the call for democracy? Have you seen any polls that indicate so? Or, are you just falling for the usual propaganda? They can reject the call for democracy by voting for a fundamentalist candidate. granted, they have to accept democracy temporarily just to vote, but it is the only way to have a legitiamte government. Not everyone who rejects it is called a terrorist. We would be fighting a much larger portion of the country if so.

    Now the Iraqi government brings in scores of Muslim workers from Muslim lands to work to rebuild America by building Mosques, Islamic religious institutions, satellites for Islamic propoganda, and military engineers to support the occupation.

    We're not building churches, temples, etc. in Iraq so the comparison is mostly fallacious. After the initial war ended, the one thing supporters were surprised at is how much Iraqi citizens wanted satellite tv. I would not recommend civillian engineers for this rebuilding effort if the Zarqawi Bunch is roaming the streets looking for heads. They have to be military.

    I just want to know how Americans would react to this.

    How would you treat the Republican guard?

    I would hate their guts and would want them to leave, but I would not want them to leave before giving us some sense of security. The same way recipients of the Marshall Plan felt, but many of the soldiers were actually liked.

    How would you treat the civilian contractors?

    I would treat the civillian contractors well. Not well as in beheading them and forcing them to lie about what street they were from in Israel before doing it.

    How would you treat the interim president?

    If I was promised a vote that I knew wouldn't be rigged for the first time in decades? Pretty good.

    How would you treat the prisoner abuse situation?

    I would be more pissed at the pricks who killed the people by shelling the prison more than I would at the torture crew. This prison scandal isn't going to have that much of a long lasting impact as most people think. This stuff looks terrible to the West, but just doesn't anger the Middle East nearly as much as people think.

    How would you like Arab soldiers storming you house and humiliting you in front of you family?

    I would shout "If I am going to be humiliated in front of my house, it better be by an American! USA USA USA!"

    These hypothetical situations are always ridiculous. It's just like the idea that history repeats itself, except for this, and this, and this part, and these people, and...

  7. #7
    DF2003's Avatar
    DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,699
    dude, whats your point in all of this? you obviously dont like america or what it stands for so why do you come here to this board? better yet why do you live in america? you only see what you want to see! the big satan trying to take over the world and ****. maybe the president didnt go about this the right way and maybe he has an agenda but those people were not free and they deserve to be! now, if those cowards would stop killing innocent people and let the progress continue iraq would be on its way to independence and rebuilding. but instead your "brothers" or whatever want nothing more than chaos and destruction. its either your way of life or no way. the "terrorist" or freedom fighters whatever you want o call them are the ones killing children etc etc not america. it would be amazing if they would all just give it a chance. lay down their arms and just give it a chance. you know i think if all muslims would take a harder stand against terrorism and such that maybe they would get more help in israel and chechyan. i dont know though just a thought. i know i would have more understanding and sympathy for that cause if i that happened. it would show me that they are willing to do whatever for real peace. but its not going to happen cause others like you dont want peace. you may say you do but you dont. even if you had all your demands and wants there would always be something else to fight and kill over.

    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Lets assume what you are saying about the American President is true.

    I should have worded my response to this differently.

    The Jeffersonian American "Rebels" who are very extreme in their views that America should stay democratic and free, call you a traitor.

    They call you a traitor because you are supporting an occupational Iraqi force that wants to bring a Islamic Government to your country the United States, stripping away the democratic values that the country was run on.

    They now see you as one of them, and see you as a target for their attacks.

    Dont forget Iraq attacked the US because they were thereaten by the US, and wanted regime change in the US. Not because the Iraqi government wanted to see the American people free.

  8. #8
    Aboot's Avatar
    Aboot is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Not a well known name.
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by DF2003
    dude, whats your point in all of this? you obviously dont like america or what it stands for so why do you come here to this board? better yet why do you live in america? you only see what you want to see! the big satan trying to take over the world and ****. maybe the president didnt go about this the right way and maybe he has an agenda but those people were not free and they deserve to be! now, if those cowards would stop killing innocent people and let the progress continue iraq would be on its way to independence and rebuilding. but instead your "brothers" or whatever want nothing more than chaos and destruction. its either your way of life or no way. the "terrorist" or freedom fighters whatever you want o call them are the ones killing children etc etc not america. it would be amazing if they would all just give it a chance. lay down their arms and just give it a chance. you know i think if all muslims would take a harder stand against terrorism and such that maybe they would get more help in israel and chechyan. i dont know though just a thought. i know i would have more understanding and sympathy for that cause if i that happened. it would show me that they are willing to do whatever for real peace. but its not going to happen cause others like you dont want peace. you may say you do but you dont. even if you had all your demands and wants there would always be something else to fight and kill over.
    He doesn't live in the US, check his past posts...

  9. #9
    DF2003's Avatar
    DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,699
    he lives in nj.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    He doesn't live in the US, check his past posts...

  10. #10
    BigMike J's Avatar
    BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,511
    Let's say this thread is ****ing stupid... just my Opinion
    Last edited by BigMike J; 09-26-2004 at 03:55 AM.

  11. #11
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    Let's say this thread is ****ing stupid... just my .2 cents
    Stupid because of why???.......how would the US like a bunch of French military bases if they were the most powerful nation in the world???
    We have 200 years of history.....barely 50 years of civil rights......and we think we know how to run the whole fu****** world.......THAT"S WHY people hate US......think of how long China and the Mideast coutries have been around and the things they have gone through.......Iraq was basically the cradle of civilization.......our arrogance is sickening.......

  12. #12
    Will_1's Avatar
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    164
    lol

    Don't even try to equate those terrorists with patriots. Patriots do not intetionally murder innocents.

    Who here would want to be under the rule of a murderous dictator? Or just a dictator for that matter?

  13. #13
    BigMike J's Avatar
    BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Stupid because of why???.......how would the US like a bunch of French military bases if they were the most powerful nation in the world???
    We have 200 years of history.....barely 50 years of civil rights......and we think we know how to run the whole fu****** world.......THAT"S WHY people hate US......think of how long China and the Mideast coutries have been around and the things they have gone through.......Iraq was basically the cradle of civilization.......our arrogance is sickening.......
    I stated my .2 and i'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by BigMike J; 09-26-2004 at 03:54 AM.

  14. #14
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Wow, I never knew people lacked intelligence.

    Personal attacks, and attacks on a situation I presented. Unrealistic? No **** sherlock, it was just a situation that I presented. A story.

    This was a reversal of situations, to see how you would feel in the Iraqis situation. I am not taking any sides.

    I am amazed at the lack on intelligent responses.

    I dont live in America, I visit America often, for work related purposes. And right now I am located in America.

  15. #15
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    lol

    Don't even try to equate those terrorists with patriots. Patriots do not intetionally murder innocents.

    Who here would want to be under the rule of a murderous dictator? Or just a dictator for that matter?
    Read America history my friend. Read the Operation of the American Military in Wounded Knee against the Native Americans.

  16. #16
    BigMike J's Avatar
    BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Read America history my friend. Read the Operation of the American Military in Wounded Knee against the Native Americans.
    There is no doupt that this country was founded on blood and guts.

  17. #17
    Will_1's Avatar
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Wow, I never knew people lacked intelligence.

    Personal attacks, and attacks on a situation I presented. Unrealistic? No **** sherlock, it was just a situation that I presented. A story.

    This was a reversal of situations, to see how you would feel in the Iraqis situation. I am not taking any sides.

    I am amazed at the lack on intelligent responses.

    I dont live in America, I visit America often, for work related purposes. And right now I am located in America.


    Come on, don't devolve into name calling. I understand your presenting a hypothetical situation. I’m sure you’re not taking sides. The problem with your hypothetical is that it equates America with Iraq. Kofi Annan may say the war was illegal but I wouldn’t put much weight in what he says. His son is involved in the oil for food scandal in which countries like France, Russia etc were taking kickbacks.



    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN

    Read America history my friend. Read the Operation of the American Military in Wounded Knee against the Native Americans.

    This is another poor attempt to draw some sort of parallel to what is going on in Iraq. I’m an Indian descendent. Bad things happened to my people but please don't compare them to the Arabs. America has done good things in the Middle East. The Afghans have made great progress to Free and democratic society. So have the Iraqi's, despite the attempts of a few radicals. These radicals intentionally kill women, children and there own people. A number of them not even Iraqi’s. We also have very loyal friends in the Kurds that live in northern Iraq. The Iraqi's are fighting very hard for there freedom. The Iraqi people will prevail.


  18. #18
    sin's Avatar
    sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,085
    i think this is a good thread causasian. personally, whenever i analyze world events i try to put myself in everyones position. if i were born and raised in a particular situation how would i react to certain events. i think that egocentrism is where most people fall short in their analysis of world events, because they cannot see any postion but their own. i believe if most of the testosterone junkies on this board were put in a specific set of circumstances they would be terrorists, or communists, or guerillas. if our country were occupied by another, most of us would do whatever we could to get rid of them, and if the occupying force were overwehelmingly powerful we would use guerilla, and terrorist tactics to fight as best we could. anyone remember the american revolution?

  19. #19
    50%Natural's Avatar
    50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Read America history my friend. Read the Operation of the American Military in Wounded Knee against the Native Americans.
    lmao...what bearing does this have on the current situation in Iraq? I always love seeing people making comparisons regarding the history of the 1800's or some other distant non relative time period to some current event in which you draw the assumption that our society has not evolved. Good attempt though. And who is stuck in the dark ages still beheading people? or better yet, who is taking women and school children hostages? hmm, I wonder

  20. #20
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    lmao...what bearing does this have on the current situation in Iraq? I always love seeing people making comparisons regarding the history of the 1800's or some other distant non relative time period to some current event in which you draw the assumption that our society has not evolved.
    What is so funny about that?

    Read what the response was in reference to. I didnt make comparisons with Iraq. You did.

  21. #21
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    If the situations were reversed, and the U.S had Bush acting as Saddam and Saddam acting as, well, Bush, etc etc, I would:

    How would you treat the Republican guard?
    A: With respect, as they have freed me from an oppressive government.

    How would you treat the civilian contractors?
    A: Also with respect, they came over here to help repair and rebuilt this country into something better.

    How would you treat the interim president?
    A: Well, I would probably never be in any contact with the guy..........but I would sustain his authority.

    How would you treat the prisoner abuse situation?
    A: This goes back to myself probably not having any influence or involvement in the situation, but I wouldn't care. If terrorists were endangering myself and anyone else who opposed them (meaning we didn't support "Bush") why would I now care how they were treated?

    How would you like Arab soldiers storming you house and humiliting you in front of you family?
    A: I wouldn't like it.......... Say they thought there were Saddam supporters in my home, and they barge in through the door and search the place......in the end, it hasn't harmed anyone so even though I wouldn't appreciate it, its certainly a far cry from humiliation..........

  22. #22
    50%Natural's Avatar
    50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    What is so funny about that?

    Read what the response was in reference to. I didnt make comparisons with Iraq. You did.
    wow, that's it?

    reason Iraq came into play is because a brutal dictator was mentioned(sadam) and you mention american history like it some how mirrors the issue

  23. #23
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    wow, that's it?

    reason Iraq came into play is because a brutal dictator was mentioned(sadam) and you mention american history like it some how mirrors the issue
    Do you even know how to read? That was in response to this. Which I quoted in my response. WITHOUT mentioning Saddam.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    lol

    Don't even try to equate those terrorists with patriots. Patriots do not intetionally murder innocents.

    Who here would want to be under the rule of a murderous dictator? Or just a dictator for that matter?
    Here you go, Ill make it really easy for you.

    I want the opinion of Americans or others on this situation.

  24. #24
    50%Natural's Avatar
    50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    4,132
    geez, i never said YOU mentioned sadaam but sadaam was implied by will_1 in that quote and you respond with your statement regarding the native americans

  25. #25
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    [QUOTE=CAUSASIAN]Do you even know how to read? That was in response to this. Which I quoted in my response. WITHOUT mentioning Saddam.



    This needs third party intervention or it will just become a thread of two members squaring off..........CAUSASIAN: The person you were responding to was talking about Iraq. He was talking about how the Soldiers (Patriots) do not intentionally kill the innocent. He also made reference to a brutal dictator, Saddam. So when you replied to his post (which was about Iraq) with something that happened hundered of years ago, 50% thought it was amusing, for the reasons that he stated.

  26. #26
    Will_1's Avatar
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    164
    Lol guess I can't read to good either. UL was the first to answer your Q's. For the record I agree with his position. Oh Causasion next time bold your Q's it's easier on the eyes.

    There are three criteria upon wich I take a position.

    1: Fact (the most important and non subjective)
    2: Logic
    3: Reason

    Unlike some people If you can convince me using those three things I will have no choice but to adjust my position.

    I have a Q for you.

    What type of government would you prefer and why?



    Democracy or Totalitarian.


  27. #27
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    Lol guess I can't read to good either. UL was the first to answer your Q's. For the record I agree with his position. Oh Causasion next time bold your Q's it's easier on the eyes.

    There are three criteria upon wich I take a position.

    1: Fact (the most important and non subjective)
    2: Logic
    3: Reason

    Unlike some people If you can convince me using those three things I will have no choice but to adjust my position.

    I have a Q for you.

    What type of government would you prefer and why?



    Democracy or Totalitarian.


    People prefer whatever government gives them self-esteem and ORDER......if there is disorder and a totalitarian government is what it takes then people will accept that......people thrive on structure.....that's why people striving for power will create disorder to grab control a la GW and Dickhead Cheney

  28. #28
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    "We did not ask you white men to come here. The Great Spirit gave us this country as a home. You had yours. We did not interfere with you. The Great Spirit gave us plenty of land to live on, and buffalo, deer, antelope and other game. But you have come here; you are taking my land from me; you are killing off our game, so it is hard for us to live. Now, you tell us to work for a living, but the Great Spirit did not make us to work, but to live by hunting. You white men can work if you want to. We do not interfere with you, and again you say, why do you not become civilized? We do not want your civilization! We would live as our fathers did, and their fathers before them." - Crazy Horse, Oglala Sioux Chief

  29. #29
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    "The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do." - Samuel P. Huntington

  30. #30
    Will_1's Avatar
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    164
    So Totalitarian. Those are the views of a radical few.

    The Iraqis I know want freedom, there fighting for it and there winning it.

  31. #31
    chances is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    290
    First off let me say that your premise is flawed. For this to work, the Iraqs would have to have been generally happy as a nation and America would have to have been under a totalitarian regime that oppressed it's citizens. Because neither is the case your questions are flawed as well. That being said, I'll be the one to give you the answers you're obviously looking for:

    How would you treat the Republican guard?
    I would fight them tooth and nail as invaders. If they were able to gain control of my Country, I would join the resitance to take my Country back.

    How would you treat the civilian contractors?
    I would treat them as I would treat anyone else. I would suspect their motives but I certainly wouldn't attack them, especially as they started to bring the power back on.

    How would you treat the interim president?
    As a traitor and an enemy suplicant. I would do everything in my small power to disrupt his gathering of power through dissemination of dissenting opinion. Would I pick up a gun and attack his supporters, no. Would I use car bombs against my own people for supporting him. Definitely not.

    How would you treat the prisoner abuse situation?
    If it was what was done in Abu Grahib? I really wouldn't understand what the big deal was and be glad it wasn't worse. Humiliation can be overcome, and will not kill you. True torture is brutal and cannot be overcome if it doesn't kill you first. Yes, what was done was wrong, but dammit it could have been WAY worse.

    How would you like Arab soldiers storming you house and humiliting you in front of you family?
    Any Arab soldiers who decided to storm my house would be in for a big surprise and and an early visit to Allah.

    Another problem you have with your premise is the scale. There are more highly trained ex-military people in the civilian population in the US than there are in all of Iraq including their military. To be honest, there really aren't any "highly trained" military people in the Iraqi miltary or the insurgent groups. The reason we are having such a difficult time with them is the fact that the insurgents use populated areas and women and children as shields. They gather in populated areas because they know America, either won't attack them for fear of collateral damage or if they do they can cry to our own media that the US is killing civilians.

    chance

  32. #32
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Get the hell out of here...

    I can give you 5 reasons why the capture of Saddam is legally wrong according to the Geneva Convention and our Constitution.....

    But I wont, because the world is a better place with Saddam behind bars... end of story.

  33. #33
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Get the hell out of here...

    I can give you 5 reasons why the capture of Saddam is legally wrong according to the Geneva Convention and our Constitution.....

    But I wont, because the world is a better place with Saddam behind bars... end of story.

  34. #34
    geoneo's Avatar
    geoneo is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    I dont live in America, I visit America often, for work related purposes. And right now I am located in America.

    All this guy ever does is indirectly try to degrade America but this is got to be the most hypocritical thing i've heard from him thus far. He hates the place but comes here to work - Love it or leave it.

  35. #35
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by geoneo
    All this guy ever does is indirectly try to degrade America but this is got to be the most hypocritical thing i've heard from him thus far. He hates the place but comes here to work - Love it or leave it.
    He doesn't hate America.......jeez guys......try to understand some other viewpoints........"love it or leave it" is so trite.......how about "Change it or lose it" "love it.....so save it (from Dickhead Cheney)"......

    And yes the white guys walked all over the native Americans......broken promise after broken promise.......including ol' Abe Lincoln himself.......in fact the Japanese couldn't understand why we got all freaked about their incursions into China when we had made such a land grab from the native Americans.......they saw US as hypocrits......we do it.....then all of a sudden it is wrong for everybody else......

    Now I'm sure if you lived in those days......and spoke out against the ill treatment of Indians......you would have been labeled "unAmerican.....red skin lover".....possibly ostracized and punished for your views....if in the military you refused to hang those injuns you would be hung yourself for disobeying orders.......and I'm sure the Indians that raided white mans camps were called terrorists.......but they had a hard time against Gatling guns......


    you guys have very short memories and very little knowledge of historical events that shaped America.......it wasn't all that long ago. So just live in your unintellectual la la land and think "we're so great......I can't figure why so many people despise US"........just maybe a more HUMBLE approach to the world's problems might go a long way towards peaceful resolutions.

  36. #36
    Will_1's Avatar
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    164
    Lol im sure he wears a shirt that says I America. Im a native American and were over that stuff. We did our fair share of killing. Now were happy with running our casinos and selling cheap cigarettes. WWII dude jeez short memory. Bosnia?

    So what if some people hate us. I could give a rats ass. America has spent big $'s in humanitarian aid. Were not as bad as everyone would like you to believe.

  37. #37
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    Lol im sure he wears a shirt that says I America. Im a native American and were over that stuff. We did our fair share of killing. Now were happy with running our casinos and selling cheap cigarettes. WWII dude jeez short memory. Bosnia?

    So what if some people hate us. I could give a rats ass. America has spent big $'s in humanitarian aid. Were not as bad as everyone would like you to believe.
    I'm NA also....and if you think we're over it you haven't lived on the rez lately......I don't.....but I know non NA that do......and they are treated poorly by NA.......there is still ALOT of resentment and hurt. Like I say.....
    the US needs to take a more humble approach instead of being the hardass
    all the time. We could start by halting the 18 billion arms sale to Taiwan....
    do we want a war with China over TAIWAN???......hell no.......but ****....if we can make money.....then it's ok.......bad philosophy.
    Do you like the aid structure of the US???....we give aid to people like Mobutu
    the previous leader in the CONGO.....and he just took the money for himself.....how about all the aid for Israel???.....I think our humanitarian efforts are great.....but why did we have to destory IRAQ so we could rape ourselves monetarily??? Bush and Congress throw our cash around like it grows on trees.......pisses me off.......now we have this HUGE budget deficit

  38. #38
    Will_1's Avatar
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    I'm NA also....and if you think we're over it you haven't lived on the rez lately......I don't.....but I know non NA that do......and they are treated poorly by NA.......there is still ALOT of resentment and hurt. Like I say.....
    the US needs to take a more humble approach instead of being the hardass
    all the time. We could start by halting the 18 billion arms sale to Taiwan....
    do we want a war with China over TAIWAN???......hell no.......but ****....if we can make money.....then it's ok.......bad philosophy.
    Do you like the aid structure of the US???....we give aid to people like Mobutu
    the previous leader in the CONGO.....and he just took the money for himself.....how about all the aid for Israel???.....I think our humanitarian efforts are great.....but why did we have to destory IRAQ so we could rape ourselves monetarily??? Bush and Congress throw our cash around like it grows on trees.......pisses me off.......now we have this HUGE budget deficit
    Nope havent been on the rez lately. Im near by though. All the Navajo I know are very friendly. Why are there non NA living on the rez?

    America isnt really a hard ass, just me .

    Who would we rather fight ?

    1. A Communist oppresive government.
    2. A people that wish to remain a democracy.

    Jee I wonder. Personally I would rather fight the commi's.


    I am glad that you recognize Americas great humanitarian efforts. I certainly dont want to give money to evil people and governments. I like the Israeli's. There are so many dollars going this way and that its really hard for most people to follow. We need a system to deseminate that information. If people knew where there money was going it would force poloticians to account for there spending. We shouldn't even have a deficit. That pisses me off big time.

    We didn't destroy Iraq we liberated it and America is now safer for it. I personally think the Iraqi's should pay us back. There rich.

  39. #39
    BiteTheDust is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    83
    Here it is up straight, I hate all of humanity, there is no god **** good, there is only selfish ****in idiots who rule us all and all of us who get ****ed in the ass by politicians.

    I dont care who you are where yo ulive and what you do and what the **** you have done that is sooooo great for people.... your a ****in loser like the rest of us humans... humanity is the sickest.. most disgusting... retarded thing to ever come into existense in the Universe.

  40. #40
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    In any military operation, it really does depend on where you are sitting. Modern day America, we are of the opinion that we are going to "save the world" and "free all people".... problem is some people don't want to be saved.

    I personally feel that America should pull out of every country we are in, kick our oil habit and start using synthetics that can be manufactured from crops we grow, cut off all aid to any other countries, quit bothering sending medicine and doctors (that could be executed) to other countries, and just take care of ourselves.PERIOD. If you want to visit America, you have to have a really good reason, otherwise stay away!!! We could turn our only concern to guarding our borders.

    This would take away all of the smack we get for trying to "save the world". I say let the world see what life is like minus US money and support, and if that is what rings their bell, good for them. If we took all of the money and resources (= hard earned US tax dollars) we invest in countries that hate our guts, we could eliminate all hunger, homelessness, disease, and about every other woe that we face. I am personally tired of seeing us try to be world cop. All we get is resistance and grief from everyone saying they don't want our help....I say we honor that and let them go it on their own for once.....and make it a non-renegotiatable venture. Once we are out, we are out for good. Every country will stand or fall on its own merit. Its people will either thrive or starve on their own merit. They will educate their own nation or be dumb as rocks....it will be completely up to them.

    This way we get to enjoy the freedom and riches of our way of life, and they get to enjoy whatever form of life that floats their boat.

    Now here is my question. Is that really what the rest of the world wants??? I honestly don't know the answer to that, but if it is, I certainly say we should give it to them. We would be much richer and headache free in the process.

    Preach it BRO......I agree 100000000%.......The EU can certainly take care of themselves without the US military.........we are so hung up with Israel we can't see straight......void all our defense pacts and do our own thing.....YES.......shut down the border with Mexico.......it would be so cool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •