Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Thanks GW......

  1. #1
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089

    Thanks GW......

    Hope the money in your buddies pockets is worth it to you.....

    Mother of soldier killed in Iraq collapses, dies

    'Her grief was so intense,' hospital worker says



    TUCSON, Arizona (AP) -- A 45-year-old woman collapsed and died days after learning her son had been killed in Iraq, and just hours after seeing his body.

    Results of an autopsy were not immediately released, but friends of Karen Unruh-Wahrer said she couldn't stop crying over losing her 25-year-old son, Army Spc. Robert Oliver Unruh, who was killed by enemy fire near Baghdad on September 25.

    "Her grief was so intense -- it seemed it could have harmed her, could have caused a heart attack. Her husband described it as a broken heart," said Cheryl Hamilton, manager of respiratory care services at University Medical Center, where Unruh-Wahrer worked as a respiratory therapist.

    Unruh, a combat engineer, had been in Iraq less than a month when he was shot during an attack on his unit.

    Several days after learning of his death, his mother had gone to the hospital complaining of chest pains, Hamilton said. She was feeling better the next day but saw her son's body Saturday morning and collapsed that night in her kitchen.

    Her husband, Dennis Wahrer -- also a respiratory therapist -- and other family members performed CPR but Unruh-Wahrer was pronounced dead that night.

    Autopsy results won't be released until relatives are notified, said Dr. Bruce Parks, Pima County chief medical examiner. There was no immediate response to a call to his office before business hours Tuesday.

    Robert Unruh will be buried Friday at the Southern Arizona Veterans' Memorial Cemetery. His mother's body will accompany her son's in the procession to the cemetery.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  2. #2
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,282
    I am very sorry for the family and they do have my sympathy.

    As for the title of this thread
    Sure, Bush made her die. He's also going to be responsible for the intergalactic war waged between the Sucrons and Meebites who will ultimately(with help form Isreali intel) figure out GW was responsible and annihilate the human race.

    He also gave me cancer and is responsible for Mt. St Helens

  3. #3
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    title: Thanks GW...whatever. Dumb.

  4. #4
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    If you were the father.....you might care a little more whether there were WMD or not.....cause you would have just lost your son and wife to an unecessary war.

  5. #5
    saboudian's Avatar
    saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Michigan State University
    Posts
    1,712
    One of the important questions raised in the debates was pointed at Bush when Lehrer asked him, well over a 1000 american casualties, and over 7000 americans injured, has it been worth it?

    That is a serious question you need to consider if you vote for bush. Ask yourself if it has been worth that price for what has been acheived so far in Iraq.

  6. #6
    ruffrydadd is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    91
    You have to understand things aren't going to be good and dandy when your fighting a war. What if the son died fighting to capture Osama in Afghanistan? The woman would have still collapsed and died. Would you still be sarcastically thanking GW if that was the case? Becuase last time i checked, most of our country STRONGLY supports the war on terror. Eather way he died with honor and for a rietchous cause.

  7. #7
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffrydadd
    You have to understand things aren't going to be good and dandy when your fighting a war. What if the son died fighting to capture Osama in Afghanistan? The woman would have still collapsed and died. Would you still be sarcastically thanking GW if that was the case? Becuase last time i checked, most of our country STRONGLY supports the war on terror. Eather way he died with honor and for a rietchous cause.
    Big what if bro......most support the war on terror......that has nothing to do with the war in IRAQ....sorry to say.......your spelling slip mirrors the truth....
    Reichteous(as in GW the little hitler)

  8. #8
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    ruffrydadd, max2extreme, and pheedno you guys are young enough, if you agree with the Iraq war so much, why arent you guys there fighting, this "righteous" war?

    If you had to go to war, instead of "others" I bet your attitude about a war that wasnt really necessary would change.

  9. #9
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Max would rather pray for the soldiers than actually grab a weapon himself and do the dirty work.......

  10. #10
    Will_1's Avatar
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    164
    La takhaf

  11. #11
    KAEW44's Avatar
    KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    La takhaf
    Ana Mayet Min AL-Khof

  12. #12
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Can you guys please translate that, I reckon its arabic.

  13. #13
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    ruffrydadd, max2extreme, and pheedno you guys are young enough, if you agree with the Iraq war so much, why arent you guys there fighting, this "righteous" war?

    If you had to go to war, instead of "others" I bet your attitude about a war that wasnt really necessary would change.
    how bout you guys stop your dumbass assumptions... I was over in the middle east. it did not change my attitude. i had friends die, one close friend. i do pray for the soldiers. you guys say things like this really pisses me off.

    badger, i got my first cert over 7 years ago. dont talk about things you dont know... thats one thing you'll never see me do is post an assumption on somebody, because you just dont know.

    ...that others may live.

    thats all i got to say on this thread. its ridiculous anyway...

  14. #14
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    ......that others may live.......
    that's good......
    is that what the US was thinking when we sold Saddam the biologics and WMDs to use against the Iranians??......
    true case of fuzzy logic

  15. #15
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    how bout you guys stop your dumbass assumptions... I was over in the middle east.
    Where were you, and where were you based? Just curious.

  16. #16
    R.Gotti's Avatar
    R.Gotti is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    189
    that s really sad.

  17. #17
    Will_1's Avatar
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    Ana Mayet Min AL-Khof
    Crapola.

    I only know a few words, commands really. Like: Irfaa Yadak

    Think I know what Al-Khof means.

    Whats Ana Mayet Min?

  18. #18
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    I didnt go over permanently, only when needed. We flew into Al Udeid. Then where ever...

    Im not gonna post on this thread anymore...

  19. #19
    KAEW44's Avatar
    KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    Crapola.

    I only know a few words, commands really. Like: Irfaa Yadak

    Think I know what Al-Khof means.

    Whats Ana Mayet Min?
    U said 'La Takhaf' wich meant 'dont be scared'

    I said 'Ana Mayet Min al Khof' wich is 'I'm scared to death'

    Ana= i
    Mayet=Dead
    min= from
    al = the
    khof = fear/scared

  20. #20
    Will_1's Avatar
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    164
    Yah dont be afraid.

    I got the fear part correct.

    Thx for explaing the rest. Arabic is going to be hard to learn.


    Oh and Thankyou Kerry as well.

  21. #21
    saboudian's Avatar
    saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Michigan State University
    Posts
    1,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    Yah dont be afraid.

    I got the fear part correct.

    Thx for explaing the rest. Arabic is going to be hard to learn.


    Oh and Thankyou Kerry as well.
    Kerry didn't send us to war. I would agree that the press/democrats should have raised more of an opposition, but bush took advantage that everyone was still rallying around him after 9/11.

  22. #22
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    ruffrydadd, max2extreme, and pheedno you guys are young enough, if you agree with the Iraq war so much, why arent you guys there fighting, this "righteous" war?

    If you had to go to war, instead of "others" I bet your attitude about a war that wasnt really necessary would change.


    And there it is! We got all these people here supporting the war efforts and speaking in "first person point of view" terms, but none of our members served time in Iraq.... weird.

  23. #23
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    title: Thanks GW...whatever. Dumb.


    Who should this Father and Husband "thank" then? Should he thank the UN? Or how about free Iraqi's who want us there so much?

    Please tell me... who should this man thank since George Bush is not responsible?

  24. #24
    Will_1's Avatar
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    Kerry didn't send us to war. I would agree that the press/democrats should have raised more of an opposition, but bush took advantage that everyone was still rallying around him after 9/11.
    Kerry did send us to war by voting for it.

    I feel bad for the democrats. There constantly having to explain his ever changing position. If he wasnt so inconsistent he might be leading in the polls.

  25. #25
    sin's Avatar
    sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    Kerry did send us to war by voting for it.

    I feel bad for the democrats. There constantly having to explain his ever changing position. If he wasnt so inconsistent he might be leading in the polls.
    w was ahead by about 7 point before the debate, and now its dead even. kerry showed the american people that this is antother silly political ploy by the repubs to ignore the issues and attack the candidate, bush changes position just as much. by the end of the next debate kerry will be ahead.

  26. #26
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Who should this Father and Husband "thank" then? Should he thank the UN? Or how about free Iraqi's who want us there so much?

    Please tell me... who should this man thank since George Bush is not responsible?
    I so hate that I cant stay away when I want to...

    Why should the father and husband have to "thank" anyone? What you think a soldier signs up just for the title? You think the family says "oh my son is a soldier, but he is just going to sit in an office in Iowa". No. The soldier knew, and the family/friends knew that he chose to join the military and if a war were to break out, whether you agree to it or not, you will be fighting. Its easy for a person trying to get elected president to try and jump on the 'public side' and speak against the war to get elected, blah blah, but whether you want to agree or not, I totally feel that whoever was in charge, be it Bush, Kerry, or ANY other person, we'd still be at war. So everyone that is against Bush only because of the decisions hes made on the war are ignorant because there is NO way any president could not have gone to war. I really dont understand how people can not look at the worse case scenario on what COULD have happened if we did not go to war...it FAR outways the losses that we have suffered.

    FYI Eastcoaster: This coming from someone who has seen the desert and has had direct losses from the war when an iraqi jeep pulls up and opens fire on a friend.

  27. #27
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Please tell me... who should this man thank since George Bush is not responsible?
    Yes, George Bush is responsible; he made the hard decision, and still stands by it, like a man. He hasn't wavered from his stance. I truly respect him for that.

    George Bush was faced with information that Iraq had WOMD, the same information that John Kerry had at the time. He had to decide to either wait for the UN, allowing Iraq more time to hide, deliver to down town NY and detonate, or to disperse the WOMD to other nations, he chose to act.
    The type of decision, which I personally think that Kerry would not be able to make.

    People think that Iraq didn’t have any links to terrorist, how quickly we have forgotten, the statements made by Saddam and his government,

    "[America] will not be excluded from the operations and explosions of the Arab and Muslim mujahidin and all the honest strugglers in the world."
    Iraq News Agency, January 30, 1991 (State-controlled)

    "[O]ur striking arm will reach [America, Britain and Saudi Arabia] before they know what hit them."
    Al-Qadisiyah, October 6, 1994 (State-controlled newspaper)

    "Oh sons of Arabs and the Arab Gulf, rebel against the foreigner...Take revenge for your dignity, holy places, security, interests and exalted values."
    Saddam Hussein, January 5, 1999

    "[I]t is possible to turn to biological attack, where a small can, not bigger than the size of a hand, can be used to release viruses that affect everything..."
    Babil, September 20, 2001 (State-controlled newspaper)

    Had Bush waited, with the information that he had at the time, and there had been an attack in America with WOMD from Iraq, where would America sit on the idea of War in Iraq?

    How would President Bush be viewed by history, if he had stood aside and let something like that happen?

    Keep in mind, that from what I understand, the intelligence that was available, from Great Brittan, from Russia, and our own sources, said that they indeed had chemical weapons, and that they were working on nuclear weapons.

    This helps me to understand the decision he had to make, and helps me understand why we went to war.

    Terrorists everywhere, must know one thing about America, if you threaten America, we are going to overreact, because the cost of under reacting is too high.
    Last edited by Bigen12; 10-06-2004 at 10:35 AM.

  28. #28
    Will_1's Avatar
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    w was ahead by about 7 point before the debate, and now its dead even. kerry showed the american people that this is antother silly political ploy by the repubs to ignore the issues and attack the candidate, bush changes position just as much. by the end of the next debate kerry will be ahead.
    I dont know what polls your looking at. In any case its close enough to go either way.

    Kerry has taken positions on both sides multiple time. The only thing he is consistent about is changing his position.

    For the most part the first debate was blan. Most polls indicate that kerry won on style not much else.

    The attacks on both sides are going to get worse. Some with merit some without.

    The VP debate was much better IMO. Hope the next Presidential debate is also.

  29. #29
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,282
    As for the WMD argument. Give it up. "Your" party, the repubs, Bush all had the same information. You can get the sources for these below at the website.
    As for comments that suggest just because we support the war and are not fighting there, we shouldn't have an outspoken opionion, whereas those of you libs who oppose it are justified in speaking up, well I'll just say it's typical

    http://www.glennbeck.com/news/01302004.shtml

    "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

    "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 | Source

    "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    - President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998 | Source

    "We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
    - Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 | Source

    "He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998 | Source

    "[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
    Letter to President Clinton.
    - (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 | Source

    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998 | Source

    "Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999 | Source

    "We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
    - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002 | Source

    "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

    "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

    "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source

    "The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
    - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 | Source

    "I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002 | Source

    "There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

    "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

    "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002 | Source

  30. #30
    Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Wherever necessary
    Posts
    8,159
    We should be thanking Kerry for all those people who died in Vietnam because we were divided here at home and wouldnt support our troops sufficiently to get the job done - thanking him for giving captors a mantra to literally burn into those they were torturing...kerrys "brothers".....lets see....I think the numbers are a bit higher there -

  31. #31
    JT2k's Avatar
    JT2k is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    ruffrydadd, max2extreme, and pheedno you guys are young enough, if you agree with the Iraq war so much, why arent you guys there fighting, this "righteous" war?

    If you had to go to war, instead of "others" I bet your attitude about a war that wasnt really necessary would change.

    I leave in 8 days... so does this make all my points on this board more valid? ill send you people some pictures via email if i have time just need someone on this board to email them too. I wont be able to access the site so if we have any volunteers to whom i can send the pictures shoot me a pm.

    Last edited by JT2k; 10-06-2004 at 09:55 PM.

  32. #32
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by JT2k
    I leave in 8 days... so does this make all my points on this board more valid? ill send you people some pictures via email if i have time just need someone on this board to email them too. I wont be able to access the site so if we have any volunteers to whom i can send the pictures shoot me a pm.

    Thats cool. I respect anyone fighting for their country or their beliefs. Good Luck. Dont kill the innocent.

  33. #33
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    As for the WMD argument. Give it up. "Your" party, the repubs, Bush all had the same information. You can get the sources for these below at the website.
    As for comments that suggest just because we support the war and are not fighting there, we shouldn't have an outspoken opionion, whereas those of you libs who oppose it are justified in speaking up, well I'll just say it's typical

    http://www.glennbeck.com/news/01302004.shtml

    "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

    "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 | Source

    "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    - President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998 | Source

    "We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
    - Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 | Source

    "He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998 | Source

    "[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
    Letter to President Clinton.
    - (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 | Source

    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998 | Source

    "Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999 | Source

    "We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
    - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002 | Source

    "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

    "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

    "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source

    "The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
    - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 | Source

    "I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002 | Source

    "There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

    "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

    "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002 | Source
    CIA: Saddam did not have WMD stockpiles

    http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ort/index.html

    Something is really wrong with American Intelligence, dont you think?

  34. #34
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    One of the important questions raised in the debates was pointed at Bush when Lehrer asked him, well over a 1000 american casualties, and over 7000 americans injured, has it been worth it?

    That is a serious question you need to consider if you vote for bush. Ask yourself if it has been worth that price for what has been acheived so far in Iraq.
    Not exactly. No one thinks that what has happened in Iraq has been worth the cost of lives, money, etc, not even Bush I bet, despite whatever he says. Who you should vote for is who will do a better job getting us out of there. I personally would rather choose the man with a pheasible plan than the guy who tries to buy votes by making huge promises.......



    CAUSASIAN: Yes, there have been more than just a 'few' issues with our intelligence regarding Iraq.....along with Russia's, Britain's and a few others. Before we went over to Iraq, there were many reliable sources and CIA reports telling us that Iraq had WMD's.......it turns out they were wrong. This is old news, and you can't blame Bush for getting faulty inteligence from many reliable sources. People have been fired over this, you better believe it.

    Quick question: Do you workout, or did you just come to this board to hate on America and Israel?

  35. #35
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Quick question: Do you workout, or did you just come to this board to hate on America and Israel?
    I dont hate America first of all, I hate Israel. If I hated America I would have said it, the thing I hate about America is their support for Israel.

    Secondly I workout, I will post a picture soon.

    I had a one rep max lift of 385 pounds about a month ago on my bench.

  36. #36
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by JT2k
    I leave in 8 days... so does this make all my points on this board more valid? ill send you people some pictures via email if i have time just need someone on this board to email them too. I wont be able to access the site so if we have any volunteers to whom i can send the pictures shoot me a pm.

    Stay safe bro.....

  37. #37
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    As for the WMD argument. Give it up. "Your" party, the repubs, Bush all had the same information. You can get the sources for these below at the website.
    As for comments that suggest just because we support the war and are not fighting there, we shouldn't have an outspoken opionion, whereas those of you libs who oppose it are justified in speaking up, well I'll just say it's typical

    http://www.glennbeck.com/news/01302004.shtml

    "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

    "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 | Source

    "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    - President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998 | Source

    "We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
    - Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 | Source

    "He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998 | Source

    "[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
    Letter to President Clinton.
    - (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 | Source

    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998 | Source

    "Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999 | Source

    "We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
    - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002 | Source

    "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

    "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

    "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source

    "The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
    - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 | Source

    "I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002 | Source

    "There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

    "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

    "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002 | Source


    Guess they're all stupid!!

    What gets me is all this focus on Saddam is just a distraction from the real problems at home such as our infrastructure falling apart, skyrocketing health care costs, huge budjet deficit....etc etc.....
    Everybody had to find a villian for 911 to focus the US anger.....when in reality we created the Iraq problem by supporting Saddam in the war against IRAN.....if we would concentrate on keeping our nose out of other peoples business.......we would have less problem with terrorism......we can not police the whole world...contrary to what GW believes........we can barely keep our own people civil.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •