Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

In any future BIG war...

In any future big war betwen super powers. Lets for instance just imagine china would war usa. Do you think any country would have the balls to nuke the other??

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Sure.
    Sooner or later, it'll happen.
    -Tock

how about pakistan and india? Is the likelyhood(is this even a word or did I just make it upp ) of a nuclear war betwen those 2 big??

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    how about pakistan and india? Is the likelyhood(is this even a word or did I just make it upp ) of a nuclear war betwen those 2 big??
    Pakistan has said that if India attacks it, Pakistan has no choice but to go nuclear for survival. And India has said it would react to a nuclear attack with a nuclear attack.

Physio_Sport might know more about this.

physio_sport is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    right now its very unlikly that they would go into a fight becuase now india has a new goverment which are not aggressive but before they had a hindu nationilist goverment which where causing all the trouble.
    if india has another nationalist government then maybe they might get into a new war but not if it keeps on picking people like they have now then i think pak and india can get on fine once india releases kashmir.

physio_sport is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Pakistan has said that if India attacks it, Pakistan has no choice but to go nuclear for survival. And India has said it would react to a nuclear attack with a nuclear attack.

Physio_Sport might know more about this.
    yeah thats about right but you see the thing is neither country right now has the capability to take out the other country so they would just blast each other for years and gain nothing back.

but the thing with pakistan is that its millitry is setup in a compleatly self-defense type of way where they have not invested money on exporting war but have spent all there money on deterrents like nukes,anti-aircraft,anti-tank and anti-ship missiles. every time india buys a weopon pak buys a counter weopon.

truthfully once india frees the people of kashmir pakistan would be willing to be friends with india.
    personally i hope india frees kashmir and pak and india both become good friends and allies becuase there are millions of muslims in india infact there are more muslims in india then there are in pakistan and if they both nuke each other then lots of muslims would die.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by physio_sport
    truthfully once india frees the people of kashmir pakistan would be willing to be friends with india.
    personally i hope india frees kashmir and pak and india both become good friends and allies becuase there are millions of muslims in india infact there are more muslims in india then there are in pakistan and if they both nuke each other then lots of muslims would die.
    Yeah there are more Muslims in India than in Pakistan. India has the 2nd largest Muslim population in the world after Indonesia.

Your right, I hope India and Pakistan declare peace. But India needs to respect the Kashmiri people.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Beijing understands MAD just as Moscow did. They are far too rational to consider nuking anyone.

The next nuke that is used offensively won't be delivered by a nation-state, it'll be delivered by radical Islamic terrorists. And guess who is the lightning rod for the Islamic world? That's right, the good ol' USA.

but isnt it possible that a terror attack using nuke will trigger a nuclear response from the united states at the country the terrorist are from or the country that funds them?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    neutron bombs will be used before hydrogen bombs

exactly how effective is the neutron bombs nowdays?It would seem resonable to use a neutron bomb against a target you are preparing to invade. But if your not gonna ocupy that territory then it seems useless cause then they will just send new personal into the area and keep on working with the untouched machines
    The destruction from a h-bomb must be prefered because then the target country wont have **** to salvage from the area?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    but the destruction and longevity of nuclear radiation is what keeps people form using h-bombs. You can pick out weapons factories etc. and hit them with bombs and missles. and kill the people with the n-bombs; when they take back position, hit them again. think about it, reparations are minimal at best. You kill a lot of people, which would happen with any atomic weapon; but you dont have to rebuild buildings and worry about radiation which lingers for a long time. These are, I suspect the key detterents which dont factor into n-bomb usage. I'm not condoning it mind you, but neutron bombs are just as effective as killing people as any other nuclear warhead, but they dont do any physical damage to the surrounding areas.

sounds like the states dont have that much invested in neutron bombs

http://www.manuelsweb.com/sam_cohen.htm

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Multi-kiloton warheads were designed to destroy the USSR, completely wipe it off the map. Even if we were nuked, how can you justify annhilating a nationstate because of a group of individuals? Additionaly, the timing would be off. We wouldn't be capable of ascertaining the identity of the assailents in time to justify catstrophic retaliation(MAD). However, I do believe that nationstates believe that we would retaliate on a level never seen before if we were hit internaly by a nuke, so they have additional motivation to resist the urge to harbour or support nuclear capable terrorists despite their ideological alignment, if any.

I am not a person who subscribes to the good-evil thinking, but a neutron weapon even in theory, is as close as it gets. It's the kind of thing that makes me ashamed of my membership to humanity.

Thread Information