Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    taking you down
    Posts
    545

    crazy liberal teacher feeding me propoganda

    Can you guys believe that my professor gave me this and asked us to respond, these ****ing crazy liberal teachers wont stop with the probaganda..can someone help me come up with and argument to shut this dike down...

    "kerry's votin record biting him in the ass...or not

    the thing about that is that people don't take into account the complexity of a senate vote. There's a thing called "piggy backing" which is how you get a lot of **** passed in the senate. Say you want to get money to fund something but that thing isn't "popular" and on its own, it won't pass. So you find a bill that is DEFINITLY going to pass and get your little thing added to it. So, say, if senate wants to pass the bill to fund research for a new bomber plane that everyone wants, they have to approve a bill which also gives money to some weird unpopular weapons system that is more excess waste than necessary or viable. A bill isn't as simple as bush always puts it when he tries to slam kerry. When he says that kerry didn't want to fund the troops since he voted against that 87 billion bill, it's simplifying and mistating a very complicated matter. But none of us sitting here know exactly was in that bill (i've heard that there was basically massive amounts of money going to haliburton) but since bush calls it the bill to fund the troops, that must be wut it was! 87 billion directly to troops, straight to their pockets! The impression i get is that kerry saw some **** within the bill that was bull**** and he didn't agree with so he voted no. Bush turns that into "you don't want to fund the troops." And since most american's have no idea about how the senate works, they think that he's right.

    bush tried to pull the same thing on abortion and kerry tried to explain what i'm explaining, but bush only replied that since kerry voted no that it means he's anti this or anti that. You can completely agree with the idea (lets fund the troops) yet disagree with the bill because it's not the best way to do it or there's some bull**** sliding in there. "

  2. #2
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    can someone help me come up with and argument to shut this dike down... "


    One of the things that a college education is supposed to do is help you learn how to think for yourself.

    If you think your teacher is full of BS, you really need to figure out why. Much better you learn to figure out why you think as you do than to rely on other people to tell you what you think.

    If you can't learn to do this, you can't really consider yourself to be an educated person.

    Think for yourself, goddammit.

    -Tock

  3. #3
    Aboot's Avatar
    Aboot is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Not a well known name.
    Posts
    1,793
    Um, first off, it's spelled "dyke". Secondly, homophobia will blind most people to any type of thoughful argument that you would be making. Thirdly, you have already stated that she is wrong, so obviously you have a sound reason for believing this, why are you asking for others to give you one?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    taking you down
    Posts
    545
    Wow tock thanks for the insightfull post, i guess i should have elaborated on what the assignment was. Im supposed to write a "educated" response to weather i agree with this statement or not. I see nothing wrong with getting the help of some of the more educated intelligent memebers on this board; chances, urbanlegend someone with some insight and knowledege. Personally i think you are a radical liberal from reading your posts thats fine, but if dont have anything intteligent to add to a thread dont try and get your posts up by posting ignorant junk.

    and abot get real man, if you wanna be a politicaly correct tight ass then get off this board, your from canada so we can cut you some slack, but jesus have a sense of humor pull the ****ing dick out of your ass and relaxe man...

  5. #5
    MMC78's Avatar
    MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,310
    I'm a conservative (relatively) and I completely agree with your teacher. That's a pretty good picture of how bills are voted on.

    However, she doesn't mention what other projects/funds were being piggybacked on the 87 billion. The crux of my argument would rest on this data.

  6. #6
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    I'm still mystified that you object to what your "liberal" teacher has said, but you nonetheless need someone else to provide you with an argument to "shut this dike down." Surely, if you think she is in error, you have an idea why.

    Maybe you think she is just a "liberal dike" who can't be trusted to offer intelligent commentary on political matters. Maybe she is. Then again, she just might have a clue . . . which, on this issue, is something you admit you are wholly without.

    Two suggestions:
    (1) Research the issue instead of try to counter her "probaganda." Once you have collected data that reflects various sides of the issue, analyze it and develop an informed opinion. The pool of knowledge posessed by the folks on this board is quite impressive; you could begin your quest for information with which to form an opinon here. Better that, than embarrass yourself asking for means to show that "dike" up, especially if those means fracture the moment you wield them upon your target.
    (2) If you're attending post-secondary education, it's time to learn capitalization, how to spell, punctuate, and express ideas, not to mention acquiring some skills in critical thinking. It would be a shame to spend 4 years in college and graduate as a dunce.
    -Tock

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    taking you down
    Posts
    545
    haha wow tock thanks for the insight, as for graduating in 4 years thanks, im actually working on my masters in business finance...and have several great job offers. As far as spelling and gramar, i dont really care to check my spelling on some steroid board. Im sure your life is great posting meaningless crap on a steroid board. Please refrain from posting ignorant crap, i want insighful posts. If you want help with your investment decisions or need to learn how to manage your money i could help you there, but im not insulting your ability to manage money, because i dont know how you do that or who you are, so shut your mouth. My bet you being a liberal is that i already make more money at my internship then you could even dream of making. So as far as me being ignorant and stupid do you reaserch, i graduated from CU with a 3.6 and currently attend one of the top business programs in America....if any one has anything insightfull to say then i welcome it.

    HULK

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    taking you down
    Posts
    545
    oh and thanks mmc78 thats what i was looking to hear.

  9. #9
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    haha wow tock thanks for the insight, as for graduating in 4 years thanks, im actually working on my masters in business finance...and have several great job offers. HULK

    Let me know if you go work for Janus Mutual Funds in Denver, because they've got a bunch of my retirement funds. I'll want to move it someplace safer . . .
    -Tock

  10. #10
    sin's Avatar
    sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    haha wow tock thanks for the insight, as for graduating in 4 years thanks, im actually working on my masters in business finance...and have several great job offers. As far as spelling and gramar, i dont really care to check my spelling on some steroid board. Im sure your life is great posting meaningless crap on a steroid board. Please refrain from posting ignorant crap, i want insighful posts. If you want help with your investment decisions or need to learn how to manage your money i could help you there, but im not insulting your ability to manage money, because i dont know how you do that or who you are, so shut your mouth. My bet you being a liberal is that i already make more money at my internship then you could even dream of making. So as far as me being ignorant and stupid do you reaserch, i graduated from CU with a 3.6 and currently attend one of the top business programs in America....if any one has anything insightfull to say then i welcome it.

    HULK
    why do you have to write a paper like this in graduate school? looks like first year political science to me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    taking you down
    Posts
    545
    hey tock sounds good, not a big fan of janus hit you with some better choices if you are really interested in it...as far as the market goes, i would be looking at bio's right now, brli is a favorite, if you wanna make some money give that a week and look for a consolidation around 14 15 and i will give u a good buy signal...no joke hehe, anyways thanks for the info.
    Sin obivously you havn't been to grad school...

  12. #12
    sin's Avatar
    sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    hey tock sounds good, not a big fan of janus hit you with some better choices if you are really interested in it...as far as the market goes, i would be looking at bio's right now, brli is a favorite, if you wanna make some money give that a week and look for a consolidation around 14 15 and i will give u a good buy signal...no joke hehe, anyways thanks for the info.
    Sin obivously you havn't been to grad school...

    llll
    Last edited by sin; 01-21-2007 at 06:46 PM.

  13. #13
    MMC78's Avatar
    MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    funny that you would say that, because im working on my phd in pharmacology as we speak. nice assumption though. now back to the original question, why are you doing work that looks like introductory undergrad work as a grad student?
    He's working on a masters in business finance. Radically different curriculum than the sciences.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    taking you down
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    He's working on a masters in business finance. Radically different curriculum than the sciences.
    Exactly what i was about to say, the class im taking is Fiscal business, which focuses mainly on taxation, the assignment i feel is a little ridiculous myself, but for some reason my teacher feels the need to keep pushing this liberal crap on us. Im personally not as informed on politics as many others on this board and thought i would get the opinions of others....thats all

  15. #15
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    Exactly what i was about to say, the class im taking is Fiscal business, which focuses mainly on taxation, the assignment i feel is a little ridiculous myself, but for some reason my teacher feels the need to keep pushing this liberal crap on us. Im personally not as informed on politics as many others on this board and thought i would get the opinions of others....thats all

    Well, if you're not informed on poliics, why assume your professor is full of BS?
    "Sounds a bit premature," he ejaculated.
    -Tock

  16. #16
    sin's Avatar
    sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    He's working on a masters in business finance. Radically different curriculum than the sciences.

    thats true, but it wasnt really the point.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    taking you down
    Posts
    545
    sin i laid out the point for ya..did u get it?

  18. #18
    sin's Avatar
    sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    sin i laid out the point for ya..did u get it?
    my reply was to mmc78 who had made the initial statement. so no i dont know what your point is.

  19. #19
    chances is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    290
    My understanding is that Kerry didn't like the source of the funding for the 87 billion. If I remember correctly, he wanted to discontinue the tax cut for those making more than $200K to fund it.

    MMC brought up a good point. I'd also look at the funding direction.

    chance

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •