Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Will Power is offline Banned

revolution against female mutilation

CAIRO - From the slums of Cairo to remote villages in rural Egypt, Reversing generations of tradition, growing numbers of parents have decided to spare their daughters the trauma of female genital mutilation (FGM), an ancient practice whereby part of a girl's external genitalia are cut off.
    Many women are now saying they will never do to their daughters what their parents did to them. The practice is widespread in Egypt. 97 percent of all Egyptian women age 15-49 have been subjected to FGM. Both Muslim and Christian Egyptians insist the practice is mandated by their religions. "But the religious men tell them there is nothing in the Old and New Testaments or in the Quran about it. In a society where virginity is sacrosanct and most women aspire to marry and raise families, many worry that "uncircumcised" girls will be promiscuous or that men will be unwilling to marry them. Men are told that sex will not be pleasant for their future wives if they are have part of their genitalia removed. The doctor also tries to dispel a common myth that a girl's sexual organs will grow abnormally if left uncut.

We should all hail this as a great step toward Woman's freedom. I salute the first lady of Egypt for the courage to defy the ignorance and barbaric habits of a culture rooted in medieval history, and unforgiving brutality.

zOaib is offline VET

Adultery IN U.S.A

Kerby Anderson

Adultery and Society

The seventh commandment says "Thou shalt not commit adultery." Nevertheless, this sin has been committed throughout history. Today, though, adultery seems more rampant than ever. While tabloid stories report the affairs of politicians, millionaires, and movie stars, films like "The English Patient," "The Prince of Tides," or "The Bridges of Madison Country" feature and even promote adultery.

How prevalent is adultery? Two of the most reliable studies come to similar conclusions. The Janus Report on Sexual Behavior estimates that "More than one-third of men and one-quarter of women admit having had at least one extramarital sexual experience."{1} A survey by the National Opinion Research Center (University of Chicago) found lower percentages: 25 percent of men had been unfaithful and 17 percent of women. Even when these lower ratios are applied to the current adult population, that means that some 19 million husbands and 12 million wives have had an affair.{2}

Whatever the actual numbers, the point to be made is that adultery is much more common than we would like to admit. Family therapist and psychiatrist Frank Pittman believes "There may be as many acts of infidelity in our society as there are traffic accidents."{3} He further argues that the fact that adultery has become commonplace has altered society's perception of it. He says, "We won't go back to the times when adulterers were put in the stocks and publicly humiliated, or become one of those societies and there are many in which adultery is punishable by death. Society in any case is unable to enforce a rule that the majority of people break, and infidelity is so common it is no longer deviant."{4}

Perhaps you are thinking, "This is just a problem with non-Christians in society. It can't be a problem in the church. Certainly the moral standards of Christians are higher." Well, there is growing evidence that adultery is also a problem in Christian circles. An article in a 1997 issue of Newsweek magazine noted that various surveys suggest that as many as 30 percent of male Protestant ministers have had sexual relationships with women other than their wives.{5}

The Journal of Pastoral Care in 1993 reported a survey of Southern Baptist pastors in which 14 percent acknowledged they had engaged in "sexual behavior inappropriate to a minister." It also reported that 70 percent had counseled at least one woman who had had intercourse with another minister.

A 1988 survey of nearly 1000 Protestant clergy by Leadership magazine found that 12 percent admitted to sexual intercourse outside of marriage, and that 23 percent had done something sexually inappropriate with someone other than their spouse. The researchers also interviewed nearly 1000 subscribers to Christianity Today who were not pastors. They found the numbers were nearly double: 45 percent indicated having done something sexually inappropriate, and 23 percent having extramarital intercourse.{6}

Adultery is in society and is now in the church. Next, we'll look at some of the myths surrounding extramarital affairs.

http://www.probe.org/docs/adultery.html

THIS COUNTRY IS FILLED WITH FILTH ! AND U DARE POINT A FINGER AT OTHERS , very very sad indeeed !

zOaib is offline VET

In The Eyes Of Pat Buchanon

America has ceased to be a moral community. We do not agree on whether God exists, whether there is a higher moral law than a show of hands can produce, whether abortion is killing a child, whether gay is good, whether promiscuity or smoking is worse for the young, whether drugs should be a matter of choice...

http://www.buchanan.org/pa-97-0610.html

Nice post
    But I'm not sure of the correlation between Female mutilation, and adultery. Perhaps it deserves its own thread. In any case the legality and/or morality of any given issue must never be decided by religion.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB

THIS COUNTRY IS FILLED WITH FILTH ! AND U DARE POINT A FINGER AT OTHERS , very very sad indeeed !
    I don't believe he was trying to state that there was a rampant problem with adultery in Egypt or other Middle Eastern countries.

I believe that he was shocked, as I am, that, in order to control the sexuality of women, it is a tradition to “female genital mutilation (FGM), an ancient practice whereby part of a girl's external genitalia are cut off.”

Perhaps they should take it one step further, and remove the Male genitalia?

That would certainly curtail Adultery.

zOaib is offline VET
    i agree wiht what u r saying thx for clarifying ! ............. its a shock to me aswell since ORIGINALLY islam does not teach that ! ................ its the ancient practices still embeded into cultures that are the reason !

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    America has ceased to be a moral community. We do not agree on whether God exists, whether there is a higher moral law than a show of hands can produce, whether abortion is killing a child, whether gay is good, whether promiscuity or smoking is worse for the young, whether drugs should be a matter of choice...

http://www.buchanan.org/pa-97-0610.html
    Good Post, I agree

I also think the example that was set by our former president receiving a BJ in the White House does more to promote this opinion, than anything else that I could say.

However I am still very much against the chopping off of any one's genitalia.

Especially Mine!!
    Last edited by Bigen12; 10-21-2004 at 11:11 AM.

Wow there.
    Not pointing fingers, quite the contrary. I am hailing the brave winds of change, the courage to stand up and proclaim an end to a horrible practice.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    Wow there.
    Not pointing fingers, quite the contrary. I am hailing the brave winds of change, the courage to stand up and proclaim an end to a horrible practice.
    understood !

Badgerman is offline Banned
    What about circumcision my friends......

zOaib is offline VET
    i got cirsumcised when i converted to islam , And to be honest only the extra skin that covers the head of your johny rocket is removed , which is also good for males since that extra skin when u piss gets the piss stuck in it , and can cause diseases when u have intercourse ............... but there is no circumcision requirements for women in islam !

i got cirsumcised when i converted to islam , And to be honest only the extra skin that covers the head of your johny rocket is removed , which is also good for males since that extra skin when u piss gets the piss stuck in it , and can cause diseases when u have intercourse ............... but there is no circumcision requirements for women in islam !
    Agreed. I am sure that some folks would consider this Male mutilation, but Male circumcision has no down sides I'm aware of, (well maybe the infant having it done would disagree). I haven't seen any conclusive study that shows any negative side. There are only benefits.
    Last edited by Will Power; 10-21-2004 at 01:27 PM.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Thank God!

The founders of this country were not religious men. They did not beleive in your or anyone else's God. Which is why you have the right to practice your religion any way you choose.

Morality, legislated by politicians is a fascist state of affairs.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Both Muslim and Christian Egyptians insist the practice is mandated by their religions.
    That is false, Islam does not mandate female circusmission, its more of a cultural thing, that has been going on before Islam ever came around.

but there is no circumcision requirements for women in islam !
    Exaclty.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    That is false, Islam does not mandate female circusmission, its more of a cultural thing, that has been going on before Islam ever came around.
    LEARN TO READ, don't they require literacy in Jihad school.
    The quote was "Both Muslim and Christian Egyptians insist the practice is mandated by their religions. "But the religious men tell them there is nothing in the Old and New Testaments or in the Quran about it"

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Thank God!

The founders of this country were not religious men. They did not beleive in your or anyone else's God. Which is why you have the right to practice your religion any way you choose.

Morality, legislated by politicians is a fascist state of affairs.
    dude what the hell are u doing around here , wastin your time , u should be the president of the USA ......... shiat ! i'd vote for u man anytime !

LEARN TO READ
    I purposely choose not to read many of your threads, I just skim through it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    I purposely choose not to read many of your threads, I just skim through it.
    Oh the pain, the pain.........

Thread Information