Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member

Bold campaigning gone too far?

The Kerry campaign has made some HUGE promises on what Kerry will do when (or if, who knows at this point) he gets elected. My question is: Do you Kerry supporters believe he can accoplish the things he is promising? And if not, do you think these big promises will come back to haunt him?

If Kerry gets elected, I wonder if any of his big campaign promises will come back to haunt him. After all, hes promised to win the war on terror, lower your health care payments and taxes, put 40,000 more troops in Iraq while simultaneously getting them out of there faster, increase the number of amount forces in the military, get other countries to militarily support the U.S occupation of Iraq, increase employment, cut the national debt in half, and oh yeah......something Edwards said might prove difficult too:

Edwards: "When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again"

So it looks like we now have Jesus running for president.

Will Power is offline Banned
    A Jesus wanna be, Maybe
    A failed politician who will say anything to get elected, Most likely
    By the way did you know Kerry was in Vietnam.....

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Kerry should just concentrate on calling Bush out on what a failed presidency has done.

1. 911 occured on BUSH's watch......he let US get attacked
    2. Bush's ill conceived response has been a disaster

those two items alone should be enough for anyone NOT to vote for Bush.......the rest are just side issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    1. 911 occured on BUSH's watch......he let US get attacked
    You realy need to explain yourself here, Are you actualy saying 9/11 was Bush's fault in some way? I cant wait to here this......

atlgadoll is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    You realy need to explain yourself here, Are you actualy saying 9/11 was Bush's fault in some way? I cant wait to here this......
    of course it was bush's fault. he had 8 full months to undo 8 years of clinton cutbacks in intelligence. certainly he had time to sniff it out.

Quote Originally Posted by atlgadoll
    of course it was bush's fault. he had 8 full months to undo 8 years of clinton cutbacks in intelligence. certainly he had time to sniff it out.
    I was hoping for more than Liberal Bull... A link to a credible source, a statement from someone in the intelegence community, Anything....

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    It's what's called the "Silly Season," where both parties make all sorts of crazy allegations.

I'm glad I'm in Texas where they aren't spending much $$$ on those BS ads . . .

-Tock

I was hoping for more than Liberal Bull... A link to a credible source, a statement from someone in the intelegence community, Anything....

I think he was actully being sarcastic bro. It just doesn't convey well over the internet without smilies or knowing how the person posts.

But seriously, I wonder if Kerry will have to live up to the things he has promised. Likely the media will just focus attention elsewhere.......but at some point its going to become obvious he can't do the things he is talking about. That may be before or after the election though, only time will tell.

Sure it was.......he was president.....COMMANDER IN CHIEF........Clinton had warned him of the AlQaeda threat. There were many warnings of them using airliners as weapons. Bush was too busy vacationing at the ranch. With warnings of using an airliner as a weapon....Bush should have had air marshalls in place on every flight in the US....911 would have NEVER happened and should have NEVER happened. That would have cost alot less than what the Iraq war has cost now. But the bonehead was too set on invading Iraq to really care about 911......he just uses the disaster to propel his campaign when any REAL man would step down when faced with such an error in judgement.
    Then he calls chasing around in Iraq proactive against terrorism. Proactive should have been along time ago. Proactive would be getting the Israel -Palestinian problem SOLVED......proactive would have been getting the hell out of Saudi Arabia which was the major Bin Laden sore spot. Proactive woiuld have been daddy not spreading arms all over the mideast with sales to Iraq and Iran through the contras. Bush thinks the CIA and overthrows and war can solve the mideast problems......he is wrong. He comes from a long line of power people who think the same way.......unfortunately our children are coming back wounded and in coffins......for what????......

Sure it was.......he was president.....COMMANDER IN CHIEF........Clinton had warned him of the AlQaeda threat. There were many warnings of them using airliners as weapons. Bush was too busy vacationing at the ranch. With warnings of using an airliner as a weapon....Bush should have had air marshalls in place on every flight in the US....911 would have NEVER happened and should have NEVER happened. That would have cost alot less than what the Iraq war has cost now. But the bonehead was too set on invading Iraq to really care about 911......he just uses the disaster to propel his campaign when any REAL man would step down when faced with such an error in judgement.
    Then he calls chasing around in Iraq proactive against terrorism. Proactive should have been along time ago. Proactive would be getting the Israel -Palestinian problem SOLVED......proactive would have been getting the hell out of Saudi Arabia which was the major Bin Laden sore spot. Proactive woiuld have been daddy not spreading arms all over the mideast with sales to Iraq and Iran through the contras. Bush thinks the CIA and overthrows and war can solve the mideast problems......he is wrong. He comes from a long line of power people who think the same way.......unfortunately our children are coming back wounded and in coffins......for what????......

I cannot believfe you actually blame GW for 9-11. Even Kerry thinks he handled it well......I'm not going to blame Clinton for anything because its not like he really did anything *wrong* at the time, but he could have had Bin Laden when the Saudis captured him and he said no. That would have been it, no 9-11, there would have been no money and leadership for the terrorists to pull off what the did. Not to mention how Clinton had allowed the inteligence agnecies to become what they were at teh time, with poor communication, etc. But I'm not going to point fingers at Clinton, its not like he did the *wrong* thing based on what was known at the time......entirely.

But wait a minute, don't you think that Bush was secretly behind 9-11?
    http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=129683

Don't use Iraq against Bush if you aren't goin to use it against Kerry. Kerry voted against the Gulf War when Kuwait was invaded, and there was a real problem. He votes for the war when it ends up not being worth anything. Even Clinton agreed with Bush and defended him when they found out there weren't WMD's there, it was a big suprise to everyone.

Fact is there was intelligence circulating at the time specifically warning about the use of aircraft to attack the US.......Bush failed as president to take charge and increase flight security......it's definitely his fault.

I agree with not going into Kuwait........they were stealing Iraq's oil.......they were dumping oil on the market undermining Iraq's economy.......they were always historically part of Iraq and should never have been a seperate country in the first place.......thanks again to the British......no wonder they are so small now.....the "glorious British empire".......what a bunch of puffed up boneheads.

You guys are funny...

To believe ANY election promise from ANY candidate is downright laughable.

Politicians are all liars and thieves... I don't care what side they are on. They are there to push their and their buddies agendas, they are so high up in their ivory towers they don't even realize we working class schmucks even exist.

So wether the candidates name is Bush or Kerry it makes no difference... they're both lying sacks of shît... like all the other politicians out there they'll say anything to get your vote.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    You guys are funny...

To believe ANY election promise from ANY candidate is downright laughable.

Politicians are all liars and thieves... I don't care what side they are on. They are there to push their and their buddies agendas, they are so high up in their ivory towers they don't even realize we working class schmucks even exist.

So wether the candidates name is Bush or Kerry it makes no difference... they're both lying sacks of shît... like all the other politicians out there they'll say anything to get your vote.

Red
    Sad but true........but Bush is chosen by God right?......Just like Pat Robertson says

feeble at best, this can be equaly applied to Clinton...

cjp85 is offline Member
    If Bush would have had Air Marshalls on every flight and beefed up airport security before 9/11 the dems would just call him paranoid and start accusing him of wasting money. And if it would have prevented 9/11, they would just look back today and use it against him. This shouldnt even be an issue, its nobodies fault except the terrorists who planned it.
    Last edited by cjp85; 10-27-2004 at 07:24 PM.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Bush spouted off promises that were never fulfilled on his way to the presidency, just like the president before him and that president's proceeding president. It's a fact of politics. Not every promise can be fulfilled when you have to fight congress over every issue you want to pass.

feeble at best, this can be equaly applied to Clinton...
    It always comes back to Clinton with Bush supporters. The guy is not president anymore and can never again be president. Harping on how he compares only makes it look as though you wish Bush were as good as Clinton was for our country.

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    i agree most politicians are liars. This doesn't really concern me since i'm in canada. but one of the comments that edward made about Christopher Reeve walking again is better then letting Bush having is religion dictate how he should be president. At least the kerry camp will be opening doors in to stem cell research - which can cure many diseases, unlike bush who would rather let theese people die becuase of his own personal beliefs.
    Just my opinion
    keep lifting

Great we can do stem cell research for all the dead Americans that will be littering
    the streets if Mr. (I will negotiate with terrorists) Kerry is in office.
    Get real, the guy is a one way ticket to opening us up to get waxed.
    He couldn't even support his own brothers in-arms let alone the guys we
    got doing the job over there now. Yeah, I know 1100 dead americans.
    About the number of murders every month in the country.

Plagerized from elsewhere on the net:

Q: What's the difference between Iraq and Vietnam?

A: Bush had a plan for getting out of Vietnam.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock

Bush 4 more years! puahahahahahhaa

i think not.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    All politicians will sell you the sky, the moon and the stars if you let them…It is the name of the game
    Red, truer words could not have been spoken…good call and Tock that was funny…

Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    Great we can do stem cell research for all the dead Americans that will be littering
    the streets if Mr. (I will negotiate with terrorists) Kerry is in office.
    Get real, the guy is a one way ticket to opening us up to get waxed.
    Buddy, you really think we're degenerating in to a third world country or something if Kerry takes over don't you? As if terror was something invented in 2001, but luckily we had Bush to save us. That's as ludicrous as giving Bush credit for us not being attacked since 9/11. As if we get attacked on our own soil every 2 years or less until Bush put a stop to it.

While that hardly the only difference, thats not what this is about......needless to say, Vietnam and Iraq can hardly be compared at this point, other than by how we went to war when there apparently was no need to.

Kerry has no plan for getting us out of Iraq. His plan is nearly identical to Bush's until it becomes a lot of hot air, with things like 40,000 magical troop appearing from somewhere, etc........So if we are going to have the same plan carried out, the question is, who would it best be done by? I don't know who at this point, but I think its Bush. He will do a better job cleaning up his mess, Kerry will do a better job making a bigger one.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Kerry has no plan for getting us out of Iraq.

Something tells me that Kerry's got a better chance of getting other countries to help out than Bush does.
    Seems most other nations hate Bush. I wonder why . . .
    -Tock

GQSuperman is offline Banned

hmm

bushes fault for 911 huh? i'm sure it was bush that allowed the terrosist teh right to reside in teh US huh? after all, those 8 months he was in office all the terroists moved into the us....get a clue. bush had to deal with and clean up the mess from previous presidents who's foreign policy opened the door for things like this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GQSuperman
    bushes fault for 911 huh? i'm sure it was bush that allowed the terrosist teh right to reside in teh US huh? after all, those 8 months he was in office all the terroists moved into the us....get a clue. bush had to deal with and clean up the mess from previous presidents who's foreign policy opened the door for things like this to happen.

Oh, please.
    His administration were told of major problems, but they shrugged 'em off.
    So Bush was in charge at the time, had the info, so it's his responsibility. Maybe not all his fault, but it was all his responsibility.

Time for a change, IMHO.

-Tock

Too busy swinging the bushwacker at the ol' ranch to notice. Gawl Dang......guess I'll just sit here reading with the third graders while planes are crashing into buildings.......wouldn't want to frighten the little critters.

Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    It always comes back to Clinton with Bush supporters. The guy is not president anymore and can never again be president. Harping on how he compares only makes it look as though you wish Bush were as good as Clinton was for our country.
    Now whos running the spin machine????? Dont twist my words to suite your needs.
    What Im saying is that Bush is being blamed for inactions, and failure by the previous Democratic administration. Period.

Oh, please.
    His administration were told of major problems, but they shrugged 'em off.
    So Bush was in charge at the time, had the info, so it's his responsibility. Maybe not all his fault, but it was all his responsibility.ime for a change, IMHO.

-Tock
    You guys are like broken records.

If the previous administration knew of these dangers, Why did they wait until the next administration took office to tell somebody, why didn't they do a frikkin thing about it.

The terrorists of 9/11 entered the US during the Clinton administration, Why did he let them in?

Why didn't the previous administration close borders, inform the public, implement checks at airports............
    Why didn't they do anything to ensure the safety of the American people?

Personally I blame the Democrats for Aids, poverty, drug abuse, violent crime, and lets not forget the black plague.

If the previous administration knew of these dangers, Why did they wait until the next administration took office to tell somebody, why didn't they do a frikkin thing about it.

Um, I was referring to the BUSH administration.
    They (Condaleeza Rice & others) were told about possible terrorist activity specific to airplane hijacking, and they shrugged it off as "small potatos." They had bigger fish to fry.

Too bad the Bush Administration didn't do a frikkin thing about it . . .

-Tock

Um, I was referring to the BUSH administration.
    They (Condaleeza Rice & others) were told about possible terrorist activity specific to airplane hijacking, and they shrugged it off as "small potatos." They had bigger fish to fry.

Too bad the Bush Administration didn't do a frikkin thing about it . . .

-Tock
    Your still evading the issue.
    They (Condaleeza Rice & others) were warned of the issues by the previous administration, why didn't they do anything about it. Why did they let the terrorists enter the country.
    Terror wasn't invented the day Bush took office.

Your still evading the issue.
    They (Condaleeza Rice & others) were warned of the issues by the previous administration, why didn't they do anything about it. Why did they let the terrorists enter the country.
    Terror wasn't invented the day Bush took office.

Because they were warned by intelligence people earlier in 1991, long after Clinton was gone . . .

A minor point, but, significant nonetheless, don't you agree?

-Tock

Because they were warned by intelligence people earlier in 1991, long after Clinton was gone . . .

A minor point, but, significant nonetheless, don't you agree?

-Tock
    So you honestly believe that the US government STARTED receiving terror warnings, and Intel only after Bush took office?
    The twin towers in early 90s, the Cole, The embassy's in Africa, Airline hijackings all over the world, .... You believe the US never worried about terrorism until Bush? the US never gathered intel regarding terror until Bush?Isn't that just a little naive at best, and partisan perversion at worst?

So you honestly believe that the US government STARTED receiving terror warnings, and Intel only after Bush took office?
    The twin towers in early 90s, the Cole, The embassy's in Africa, Airline hijackings all over the world, .... You believe the US never worried about terrorism until Bush? the US never gathered intel regarding terror until Bush?Isn't that just a little naive at best, and partisan perversion at worst?

My point is that some people hold the Bush Administration blameless for the 9/11 attack, when in fact, they had ample and multiple warnings that trouble was brewing. It's wrong to place all the blame on the previous administration, just as it's wrong to excuse Bush of all culpability.

Add to the Bush Administration's brushing aside of the 9/11 warnings, the warnings from NASA scientists:
    --------------------------------------

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...global_warming
    Expert: Bush Hides Global Warming Evidence
    Wed Oct 27, 1:38 PM ET Science - AP
    By CHUCK SCHOFFNER, Associated Press Writer
    IOWA CITY, Iowa - The Bush administration is trying to stifle scientific evidence of the dangers of global warming in an effort to keep the public uninformed, a NASA (news - web sites) scientist said Tuesday night.

. . . along with their ignoring other scientific findings in favor of polluters and other social miscreants, I'd say the people running the White House today really need to be replaced with better stewards of the country's welfare.

--Tock

Add to the Bush Administration's brushing aside of the 9/11 warnings, the warnings from NASA scientists:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...global_warming
    Expert: Bush Hides Global Warming Evidence
    Wed Oct 27, 1:38 PM ET Science - AP
    By CHUCK SCHOFFNER, Associated Press Writer
    IOWA CITY, Iowa - The Bush administration is trying to stifle scientific evidence of the dangers of global warming in an effort to keep the public uninformed, a NASA (news - web sites) scientist said Tuesday night.

. . . along with their ignoring other scientific findings in favor of polluters and other social miscreants, I'd say the people running the White House today really need to be replaced with better stewards of the country's welfare.

--Tock
    I'm sorry Tock
    I just cannot subscribe to this interpretation. Because this now implies that Global warming, pollution, and more, are new issues that arose only after Bush took office. It implies that previous administrations had it all under control,. and them came bush the terrible.
    Sorry man it just doesn't fly, or even crawl.

I'm sorry Tock
    I just cannot subscribe to this interpretation. Because this now implies that Global warming, pollution, and more, are new issues that arose only after Bush took office. It implies that previous administrations had it all under control,. and them came bush the terrible.
    Sorry man it just doesn't fly, or even crawl.

What I'm saying here is that the Bush Adminstration ignores
    the advice it gets from experts. And who suffers? We do.

And if you can't subscribe to this, I'll arrange for a gift subscription . . . $18.95 for 12 months. I'll have it sent to your front door. It'll take 6 weeks to start, though, so don't expect any immediate attitude or opinion changes . .

-Tock

And if you can't subscribe to this, I'll arrange for a gift subscription . . . $18.95 for 12 months. I'll have it sent to your front door. It'll take 6 weeks to start, though, so don't expect any immediate attitude or opinion changes . .

-Tock
    Great one, Who loves you baby.

BigTen35 is offline New Member
    "hes promised to win the war on terror "

well bush has promised this too. and i think kerry has a better chance of pulling this off cause i think bush has the wrong idea about the war on terror. it's not a conventional "invade countries" war, but that's how bush is running it and it's not working.

Quote:
    lower your health care payments and taxes

he's basically rehired the clinton economic team and is claiming that everything is paid for, laid out and paid for, and that he's cut back on smaller efforts to make sure bigger things like medicare and wutnot are saved. i haven't seen his budget but he has claimed that it's balanced so he's either blatantly lying or it's true. he was also part of the effort to balance the budget at the end of the first bush administration and it worked.

Quote:
    "put 40,000 more troops in Iraq while simultaneously getting them out of there faster, increase the number of amount forces in the military,"

maybe i'm just crazy or i heard wrong, but i could swear that kerry didn't say he would add 40,000 troops to iraq. he said he would add 40,000 troops to the military. right now we can't even fulfill any other obligations around the world. we can't help out in sudan cause we're too deep into iraq. i got the impression that the 40,000 was for that type of ****, and increasing our special forces was for getting the terrorists.

Quote:
    "get other countries to militarily support the U.S occupation of Iraq,"

i think kerry has a much better chance of doing this than bush, seeing as how bush has pissed these allies off and kerry hasn't. and i may be wrong, but i heard that germany was hinting that they would help out with a change of presidents.

Quote:
    "increase employment "

i don't know his specifics here, but seeing as bush has lost jobs i trust kerry more than bush right now, and i feel kerry/edwards are stronger on the economy overall.

Quote:
    cut the national debt in half,

mentioned that up above

Quote:
    and oh yeah......something Edwards said might prove difficult too:

Edwards: "When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again"

obviously he said that before reeves was dead and didn't mean that he would be bringing peeps back to life, but rather giving more options to stem cell research.

so, overall, i don't think that he's made any outlandish promises and that he can fulfill them

there u go urbanlegend

bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information