Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member

Truce . . . on November 3 . . .

Ok folks, there's lots of emotion flying around about this election. Once the votes are counted, everyone needs to settle down and support (however grudgingly that support may be) whoever is elected.

America doesn't need to be stuck with a bunch of pissing contests between partisans. So, I'm proposing that once the vote is counted and done, everyone -- on all sides -- put aside all the BS and lying and false accusations and misrepresentations, and shake hands and go out for coffee and donuts.

Ya, we all have to continue regardless of who wins what election. We may as well do it as a united country instead of a bunch of unhappy campers. There's still things to fix as far as the voting machines and etc, but we may as well work on that stuff together, with a rose behind our ears instead of baseball bats against each other's skulls.

How about it?

--Tock

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Its probably going to be a while until all the votes are counted FYI. When the lawsuits start flying over what votes count and what votes don't, and the ugly recount monster rears its head.......its going to be a long process.

This post is not to imply I disagree with you, I'm just lettting you know that we may not know for a while........so the heated threads might continue in here for a bit.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Ok folks, there's lots of emotion flying around about this election. Once the votes are counted, everyone needs to settle down and support (however grudgingly that support may be) whoever is elected.

America doesn't need to be stuck with a bunch of pissing contests between partisans. So, I'm proposing that once the vote is counted and done, everyone -- on all sides -- put aside all the BS and lying and false accusations and misrepresentations, and shake hands and go out for coffee and donuts.

Ya, we all have to continue regardless of who wins what election. We may as well do it as a united country instead of a bunch of unhappy campers. There's still things to fix as far as the voting machines and etc, but we may as well work on that stuff together, with a rose behind our ears instead of baseball bats against each other's skulls.

How about it?

--Tock
    Well said Tock!

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I can deal with that tock.. I took down that post btw about edwards... although I stil think he is slimmy lawyer.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    will be happy too - sans rose tho

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Its probably going to be a while until all the votes are counted FYI. When the lawsuits start flying over what votes count and what votes don't, and the ugly recount monster rears its head.......its going to be a long process.
    Why must this take place? It has never before our last election has it? Why are the lawyers so intrical now? Why did we let them become so intrical? And why are we no longer a part of the UN election watch commitee that makes sure no shady election rigging like this takes place? Wel, atleast I know the answer to that last one. Because our shady president withdrew us from that commitee after shadily winning the election in a shady recount governed by his shady brother. But I still wonder about the rest.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Tock, excellent post and I agree 100% we need to keep moving forward in peace with each other. When it's done it's done.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    It will be sad if Kerry wins. I really dont think he will pursue the war on terror. If he does you wont hear me argue our enemys issues and B!tch and moan the whole way through it. I just hope he still isnt as anti-war as he was when he was building his political career after vietnam.

I actually don't think if Kerry wins that it will be the end of the world. I just think that he will ignore things that need to be taken care of.......he doesn't seem like a guy who would do the right thing if it wasn't what the polls said. Thats why his voting record is so contrary to what he is saying now, opinions have changed, and so hes now singing a different tune. We have no idea what he will do in office.

ECoast: Remember last year's election? Kerry already has a team of lawyers in Flordia.......what does that tell you?

ECoast: Remember last year's election? Kerry already has a team of lawyers in Flordia.......what does that tell you?
    Well, so does Bush.
    Does that tell you the same thing, or no?
    -Tock

When the sh*t gets done flying peace be among us .

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Well, so does Bush.
    Does that tell you the same thing, or no?
    -Tock
    It does say the same thing.

I wasn't bagging on Kerry, it just means that the election may very well be chosen in court.

It does say the same thing.

I wasn't bagging on Kerry, it just means that the election may very well be chosen in court.

I'd like to see it settled in Judge Mathis' court. He's the best . . . Judge Judy would be ok, though . . .

-Tock

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Just get the vaseline out to take it up the butt if Bush gets re-elected......oil what do you think.......80-90 a barrel?

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    You realize both sides have reportedly 10,000 hired attorneys according to reports by the three major networks. The CBS affiliate I work at has been told to expect the election lawsuits to be drawn out close to the new year if not longer. Hell we have a lawsuit working right now in our primary that is expected to not be settled for well past the election, just imagine what this could become on a national level.

Will Power is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Just get the vaseline out to take it up the butt if Bush gets re-elected......oil what do you think.......80-90 a barrel?
    Why do you think it would be any different if the other guy wins? What's your insight.....

Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    Why do you think it would be any different if the other guy wins? What's your insight.....
    Quicker disengagment from Iraq......not from Texas and all his cronies aren't oil men.......maybe our Ketchup will go up......but I'll pay a little extra for a hot dog........

How about some insight as to why oil is going up so high under Bush's watch......

Quicker disengagment from Iraq......not from Texas and all his cronies aren't oil men.......maybe our Ketchup will go up......but I'll pay a little extra for a hot dog........

How about some insight as to why oil is going up so high under Bush's watch......

When I started driving gas was .55 cents a gallon. Bush was not president. During the 70s gas shortage when prices skyrocketed Bush was not president. In the 90s when Gas jumped from $1.60 per gallon to over 2.00 a gallon. Bush was not president.

So I ask again, what's your insight, why is Bush responsible for the same **** happening for the last 40 years????????

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    I clearly remember oil prices sky rocketing when Clinton was in office. To jog your memory I remember when I first purchased my Z28 (1998) gas was a mere $1.20 a gallon within 6months time I recall gas going for anywhere between $1.75-1.95. Where I live gas is still within that range and has yet to go above $2.00 ever!!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    So I ask again, what's your insight, why is Bush responsible for the same **** happening for the last 40 years????????
    From what I understand the high demand for oil in China is having alot to do with the high oil prices.

"This year's explosive growth in fuel usage, led by China, has powered oil prices to all-time highs, carrying U.S. crude above $54 a barrel and London Brent over $51.

The IEA raised its forecast for 2004 growth by 190,000 barrels per day to 2.71 million, partly to reflect a higher assumption about demand in Russia and its CIS neighbours."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6232149

But that can't be it, no way to blame that on Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    From what I understand the high demand for oil in China is having alot to do with the high oil prices.

"This year's explosive growth in fuel usage, led by China, has powered oil prices to all-time highs, carrying U.S. crude above $54 a barrel and London Brent over $51.

The IEA raised its forecast for 2004 growth by 190,000 barrels per day to 2.71 million, partly to reflect a higher assumption about demand in Russia and its CIS neighbours."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6232149

But that can't be it, no way to blame that on Bush.
    Agreed.

Read my post on oil prices.....in the other thread......seems the market people agree Bush keeps prices up......bet they're smarter than you all.

I thought this was a "LOVE THREAD". Aren't we making up after Nov 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I thought this was a "LOVE THREAD". Aren't we making up after Nov 3rd?

No, not "love." Just a Truce. And starting 12:01 am on November 3.

Not to say that the Truce precludes comment on the circumstances . . . we're just agreeing between ourselves not to lace our comments with venom, anger, frustration, or criticizing one another for various cognitive shortcomings.

As far as comments on each other's good looks (or lack thereof), you're on your own.

---------

The whole purpose of this Truce is so that all of us get through these next few emotion-laden days without damaging the friendships we've built up among ourselves over the past months and years. No need to let a couple of politicians screw that up, yes?

-Tock

Thread Information