Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member

2008 predictions

lets say kerry or bush wins:
    i would assume rudy, pataki, mccain want to run for president in 2008 for republican

lets say kerry looses:
    we have hillary, edwards again, and who else?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    your forgetting my dream team of Arnold (28th ammendment here we come!!) and Rudy Guilianni as Vice. With this team, its a clean sweep of all 540 electoral votes........

arnold isnt going to be able to run untill MINIMUM 2012. I once read that even if they pass an ammendment that says if you are a citizen for 20 years you can run for president i still dont think it would be approved in 4 years, i think they both would win by a lot, but giuliani is very liberal and i dont think would run as a vice, he might have lost new york if he was able to run again and there was no 9/11. and arnold is too new a politician

Will Power is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    arnold isnt going to be able to run untill MINIMUM 2012. I once read that even if they pass an ammendment that says if you are a citizen for 20 years you can run for president i still dont think it would be approved in 4 years, i think they both would win by a lot, but giuliani is very liberal and i dont think would run as a vice, he might have lost new york if he was able to run again and there was no 9/11. and arnold is too new a politician
    I don't believe Arnold will ever run for Pres, but I do certainly agree on overturning the amendment, any citizen should be able to run.

i think if you are a citizen for 10 years maybe

i think if you are a citizen for 10 years maybe
    I could agree on that , but don't you see a discrimination issue here, I mean either your a citizen with all the bells and whistles or your not.

thats true, i mean if you are a citizen and you run and are elected i guess that would be fair

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    hulk hogan for pres.

BlueCollar is offline Banned
    i would assume rudy, pataki, mccain want to run for president in 2008 for republican

lets say kerry looses:
    at the restaurant today (after Krry conceded) I hear the exact same line-up for 08
    Hillary and rudy being the big players and Edwards too

I wouldn't have a problem with Hillary. I believe its long overdue for a woman to lead the nation. Although I am a republican at heart, I have seen her credentials and experience, and she has her **** together.

didnt edwards forefit his senate seat and not even carry his state in this election? also i dont think rudy or hillary have a chance. rudy like i said might not have even won the senate seat in his own state. hillary i dont see a woman winning yet, not my opinion on her, i just dont see this country voting for a woman in the middle of terrorist and a probable military conflict.

im going with mccain with pataki as his vice for republicans

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    republicans-- mc cain, rudy, powell maybe pitaki and not in that order

democrats-- edwards for sure, not sure about anyone else

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I would actually like to see McCain on a ticket (he's one of the very few national politicians I actually have a shred of faith in to any real degree) but, even if *he* thinks he's up to it, I think he's too worn down NOW, to say nothing of 08 to carry himself through a successful national campaign.

Mark my words and this thread since it will make me look like i actually know something about politics: Romney is going to be *the* rising star in the Republican party over the next four years. Now, whether this means he'll rise far enough by 08 to be a veep candidate, i have NO idea, but he WILL rise.

I mean, look at this logically: the days of picking a Presidential candidate from the house or senate are quickly coming to a close. If one spends too much time in either, they develop a voting record which can be attacked in a way that decisions as a governor can not. A candidate (presidential or otherwise) can still be a senator or congressman, but they better not have been there very long. Governors of influential states are the new goldmines. Look to the present governors of these states to get an idea as to who we may see in 08 for both parties. Romney would be ideal for the Republicans because he actually might help them carry Mass for the first time in a LONG time, plus, as a veep, he'd appeal to the swing states without alienating the southern base. Perfect candidate in many ways.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't forget...

Jesse "The Body" Ventura.

But i dont understand, if i am wrong let me know (not being sarcastic at all).

-Edwards dropped out of the senate i think (now 2 senators are Dole and Burr or Burr and Edwards)
    -He didnt carry his state in the election
    -Has only 4 years of major political experience

i might be wrong

Very good call biggreen

Iowa is offline Banned
    Cheney v. Clinton in 2008

cheney doesnt want to be president he has said it numerous times, and if he runs he will never win

on the other hand clinton does want to be president

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa
    Cheney v. Clinton in 2008
    My prediction regading Cheney: he will only be the veep for one more year...two at the most. He will then "resign" because of "health problems". A new veep is installed. The Repbulican party would benefit beyond its wildest dreams from this. Here's why:

Cheney is as lame duck as Bush right now. He's too old to logistically run in 08, and, even if he could, he's too married to the administration's identity. VPs who successfully secure the Presidency after a Vice Presidency (the last bush comes immediately to mind) did so by cleverly distancing themselves from their President in key ways during the second term but while managing to be there for the windfall of the good times. Cheney is far too intimately tied to this administration to be able to pull that off.

Also, this would present the perfect way for the Republicans to literally hand pick their next presidential candidate, set him up in exactly the degree of opposition to Bush they think they need and with exactly the degree of allegiance to Bush they think they need. They are literally able to craft their perfect candidate, and give him a national stage and credibility for two to three years. He can say that, had he been a part of the administration at its onset, he would've hoped Iraq would have been handled differently, etc, etc. I suspect that as I type this, high-ranking repubs are *salivating* over this absolutely golden opportunity. You could not ask for a more ideal political situation.

I would be beyond shocked if Cheney is still (officially) a part of this administration in 2006.

biggreen, i am thinking of running for mayor, do you need a job as political consultant?

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    My prediction regading Cheney: he will only be the veep for one more year...two at the most. He will then "resign" because of "health problems". A new veep is installed. The Repbulican party would benefit beyond its wildest dreams from this. Here's why:

Cheney is as lame duck as Bush right now. He's too old to logistically run in 08, and, even if he could, he's too married to the administration's identity. VPs who successfully secure the Presidency after a Vice Presidency (the last bush comes immediately to mind) did so by cleverly distancing themselves from their President in key ways during the second term but while managing to be there for the windfall of the good times. Cheney is far too intimately tied to this administration to be able to pull that off.

Also, this would present the perfect way for the Republicans to literally hand pick their next presidential candidate, set him up in exactly the degree of opposition to Bush they think they need and with exactly the degree of allegiance to Bush they think they need. They are literally able to craft their perfect candidate, and give him a national stage and credibility for two to three years. He can say that, had he been a part of the administration at its onset, he would've hoped Iraq would have been handled differently, etc, etc. I suspect that as I type this, high-ranking repubs are *salivating* over this absolutely golden opportunity. You could not ask for a more ideal political situation.

I would be beyond shocked if Cheney is still (officially) a part of this administration in 2006.
    How many more heart attacks do you think he'll have? I pick 3.

biggreen, i am thinking of running for mayor, do you need a job as political consultant?
    I apologize...i am trying as best I can to not work during my 20's. Once I'm 30 I'll work, so if you still have aspirations then, look me up.

I've actually strongly considered political consulting, and may do so after law school, but I *despise* national politics to such a degree that I'm not sure I could. What I'd really love to do is host a talk radio show...for real. I had one in college but got kicked off for being "controversial".

talk radio is the best its all i listen to lately

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Edwards is finished. he is effectively out of politics now, with no senate seat. I would not be surprised to see a Hillary/Obama ticket vs. McCain/Giulliani

Edwards definately did loose his senate seat?
    also i dont see that as the republican ticket, if memory serves me right i believe giulianni was thinking of turning democrat before the senate race. giulliani is VERY liberal, too liberal for a republican running for president to pick him as a vice president.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carbs-rule
    Edwards is finished. he is effectively out of politics now, with no senate seat. I would not be surprised to see a Hillary/Obama ticket vs. McCain/Giulliani

thats a good prediction.......maybe evan bayh for veep instead of obama

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    also i dont see that as the republican ticket, if memory serves me right i believe giulianni was thinking of turning democrat before the senate race. giulliani is VERY liberal, too liberal for a republican running for president to pick him as a vice president.
    I doubt that. If Hillary runs, the right will do anything to keep her out.

Quote Originally Posted by carbs-rule
    Not even the most liberal politician on the planet would imagine in their wildest dreams that a black man and a woman could win on the same ticket when it would be a first for both. Simply not possible as unfortunate as that is. Besides, regardless of race or gender, that ticket would be far too liberal to put out on a national stage. They'd clean up in the primaries, but get slaughtered in the national election.

And, this, my friends, represents exactly what is wrong with the Democratic party. They fail to grasp that pandering to their vocal and extreme outliers during the primaries kills them come national election time. The Repubs do NOT have this problem...they understand that their most vocal fringe members will vote for them regardless, so there is no use providing the other side with ammunition by placating them in your speeches and policies. Sure it's not as idealistic, and you have to admire the Democrat Party's fervor, but it makes for bad (national) politics.

antifascism is offline New Member

lets say kerry looses:

yeah but it wont matter coz dick cheyney will win it. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i will defenitely be looking into moving to mars when that happens.

ok....

Quote Originally Posted by antifascism
    yeah but it wont matter coz dick cheyney will win it. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i will defenitely be looking into moving to mars when that happens.

Bon voyage

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    You are looking at Hillary without question - McCain is quite likely but Romney is certainly a riser I agree - and guilani is a possible Vp but I doubt he would go for #2

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    What do you guys think about the future of Obama and Harold Ford, in the future of the Democratic Party?

Harold Ford.

i dont know much about him

RockSolid is offline Banned
    Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush, Guilani, Pataki, McCain, McGreevey jk

so far I dont see a candidate that is capable of beating the female Clinton in the Republican side. if Hillary moves a little to the moderate side, she will win the 2008 elections. But she cant be a far lefty and win anything, especially in the current red states.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Does anyone think that Jeb Bush would have a chance in 2008? I could see him looking attractive as a candidate (Gov. from a major state, popular there, etc.) but I couldn't see the general population voting for him due to the whole family connections, i.e. not wanting another Bush to win right away (not because he's Bush. Just that no matter who it was they wouldn't want one family to be running the country for that long).

Just wanted to know your guys thoughts since, you know, I'm not American.

jeb bush has openly said he will not run in 2008, but has not ruled out 2012. hillary will never win the presidency

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    hillary will never win the presidency
    I have to agree,

I think she is way too far to the left, for her to be elected.

look at how the states voted for gay marriage, they are totaly against it, so are the majority of the country. she is totally for gay marriage. she will never win

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member

I dont think Giulliani is liberal. He fought for gun control but in NYC that was very necessary. Dont forget he eliminated all the sleaze on 42nd street and restored times square to the brilliance of today. He also took down the gambino crime family with the help of the FBI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information