Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 81
  1. #1
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798

    I wont be posting around here very much anymore....

    I support the United States of American. I support our American citizens, and our American troops.... but I do not and will not support our President. He was proven 4 years of ignorance in his decisions. Our country is heading in so many wrong directions in many different aspects.

    John Kerry is a man of class as he showed just that today. With his best interests aside, he stated - "The battle to win Ohio would be a long hard fought process which would only divide the country more." Would he have won Ohio? Probably not, but do you think he wanted to find out? You better believe he does.... but this is a man who loves America, and rather safe the protesting of his supporters for the better of this country.

    Everybody who voted for Bush must live with the next 4 years, I dont want to hear any bitching when we have 20,000 more deaths in Iraq of the next 4 years, or when you cant find a job because it got outsourced, or when you see another beheading on TV and you wonder when it will all stop?, or because your health insurance and prescription medication is un-affordable because of the Gov't ran monopoly.

    Tom Ridge and Colon Powell have announced that they are not interested being around for another 4 years -- that shows a lot of support within his own adminstration.

    In an unofficial poll by CNN, the number 1 reason people voted for George Bush is because "I feel safe".... I'd like to know who the last President was when people said "I dont feel safe". The intelligence in the CIA and FBI are what makes are country safe, they dont change when the presidents change, and all presidents get the same information. Past Presidents are entitled to get an intelligence report whenever they want it... the same one the the current President gets.

    Oh well.... my ranting means nothing but I would like to end with one final thought.

    In another un-official poll by CNN, they said people with a college degree were more likely to vote for John Kerry (thats surprising because its usually the other way around according to past voting history)

    Its hard for me to believe that so many people are so misseld, unaware, and ignorant of the facts of whats actually happened in the past 4 years. I've worked in Washington DC as an intern the past 2 years and I can tell you first hand... what actually happens and what the Press reports are two totally different things. If you think you know whats going on because you watch the News, you're sadly mistaken.


    Be that as it may, I have to wait another 4 years and hope this guy doesnt fuk this up more than he already has.

    C-ya in the funny pages.

  2. #2
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Tom Ridge and Colon Powell have announced that they are not interested being around for another 4 years -- that shows a lot of support within his own adminstration.


    yeah they dont like bush at all! hell only half of america like him. no foriegn countries like him, i dont like him and i am **** republican. but no use to bitch now. i just hope that he changes some things or we are going to be in a **** load of trouble.

  3. #3
    radar1234's Avatar
    radar1234 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    829
    good post.

  4. #4
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Agree big time........

  5. #5
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    Tom Ridge and Colon Powell have announced that they are not interested being around for another 4 years -- that shows a lot of support within his own adminstration.


    yeah they dont like bush at all! hell only half of america like him. no foriegn countries like him, i dont like him and i am **** republican. but no use to bitch now. i just hope that he changes some things or we are going to be in a **** load of trouble.
    THEY R SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW , that if they keep being in this government with BUSH ........... leading .............. the Crap they gonna get into in the next 4 yrs is gonna explode somewhere ..........and they dotn wanna be a part of it anymore ! awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    The biggest negavie I'm seeing is the lack of balence that we now have. The GOP controls the House, the Senate, and the Presidnecy. We need moreof a balence of powers, like when Clinton was in office. Thats how to ensure only the most neccesary things get done, and we don't end up wasting money and lives in places like Iraq.


    In some ways, I think it would have been better if Kerry got elected because of this.

  7. #7
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546
    be that as it may, he's been elected by the people. How does the saying go? "the people get the government they deserve." Since he wont have to dediacte so much of his time to fundraising this term I hope he can actually focus on the problems he's got. It is **** discouraging to loose Powell, he was a voice of reason.

  8. #8
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    I really cant believe this? and yes, Powell does hurt.

  9. #9
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    The biggest negavie I'm seeing is the lack of balence that we now have. The GOP controls the House, the Senate, and the Presidnecy. We need moreof a balence of powers, like when Clinton was in office. Thats how to ensure only the most neccesary things get done, and we don't end up wasting money and lives in places like Iraq.


    In some ways, I think it would have been better if Kerry got elected because of this.
    This is an excellent point. When one particular party dominates all aspects of government the checks and balance system goes out the window. No matter how ridiculous the legislation, it will be passed, I have seen this in the TX gov. from when I was a kid -my mom worked for a senator and wrote legislation so I had to sit in on years of sessions- Let's hope that bush can keep the conservative side away and focus more on the republican side. They are not one in the same, but I think most americans dont know that.

  10. #10
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Here is why Clinton was so successful.... its like the old saying goes - "If you help enough people get what they want, you'll get what you want."

    You have to reach out to the democrats and republicans alike equally in their interests and they'll return the favor. Bill Clinton did just that, sometimes he would take a step backwards to take 2 steps forward.

  11. #11
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Dont be such a crybaby. The PEOPLE have spoken.

  12. #12
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Please dont come to my threads and disrespect me. I have always preached respectable bahavior and manners in this forum, and many people will back me on that.

  13. #13
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Please dont come to my threads and disrespect me. I have always preached respectable bahavior and manners in this forum, and many people will back me on that.
    Well dont come on here and disrespect the American people by saying that you do not support our President. That is totally UN-AMERICAN.

  14. #14
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Not hardly... Actually, about half of American doesnt support the American President.

    Thats like saying you hate your job or work place because you hate your boss.

    No, I love America, but I hate my boss.

  15. #15
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Not hardly... Actually, about half of American doesnt support the American President.

    Thats like saying you hate your job or work place because you hate your boss.

    No, I love America, but I hate my boss.
    Its not "about" half. It is LESS that half.

  16. #16
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Not hardly... Actually, about half of American doesnt support the American President.

    Thats like saying you hate your job or work place because you hate your boss.

    No, I love America, but I hate my boss.
    Not necessarily doesn't support, just that they didn't vote for Bush.


    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    I have always preached respectable bahavior and manners in this forum, and many people will back me on that.
    I do support this statement that you made.

    PurePower you need to read this form’s new rules.

    Forum Rules - Read Before Posting

  17. #17
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    And MORE than half support the American President, which in turn ELECTS the President.

  18. #18
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Its not "about" half. It is LESS that half.

    Less than half is "about" half.

    Kerry won 48% of the popular vote.... thats about half.

  19. #19
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    You're just comming here looking for touble, and trying to start a fight. This board has strict new rules which will not accept that in any manner. Go and look at some of my recent posts, I have helped enforce these rules as much as possibly no matter what side they were on.

  20. #20
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Not necessarily doesn't support, just that they didn't vote for Bush.




    I do support this statement that you made.

    PurePower you need to read this form’s new rules.

    Forum Rules - Read Before Posting

    I broke no rules. He is the one who broke the rule(s). Total disrespect of the American people by not supporting the President of the U.S.A. You can call it what you want but I call a duck a duck.

  21. #21
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    You're just comming here looking for touble, and trying to start a fight. This board has strict new rules which will not accept that in any manner. Go and look at some of my recent posts, I have helped enforce these rules as much as possibly no matter what side they were on.
    Im not trying to start anything. I just call what I see.


    Show me what rule I broke, by my statement.

  22. #22
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Rule 2. Be respectful. This is a forum dealing with sensitive issues and discussions can easily go off topic and become insulting. Unless we respect each other, we won't be able to hold mature debates. Respect the other participants, other views, other religions, be sensitive to other participants' feelings and we will all get along even when we disagree.

  23. #23
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    I would have supported John Kerry if he would have won. Not because i respect him, but because I respect America as a whole.

  24. #24
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Well dont come on here and disrespect the American people by saying that you do not support our President. That is totally UN-AMERICAN.
    It is a shame you do not see. It is not unamerican it is more american than plain support. The founding fathers organized this country so we COULD speak out against the government. That is why this is the greatest country in the world, because we have that right. A TRUE AMERICAN EXERCISES THESE RIGHTS.

    EDIT: now if you really like W then fine, support him. But you are just as american as one who does not. I suggest you do not forget that lest you truely forget what true freedom is.

  25. #25
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    I broke no rules. He is the one who broke the rule(s).
    I disagree,

    Check out rule #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer
    2. Be respectful. This is a forum dealing with sensitive issues and discussions can easily go off topic and become insulting. Unless we respect each other, we won't be able to hold mature debates. Respect the other participants, other views, other religions, be sensitive to other participants' feelings and we will all get along even when we disagree.)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Dont be such a crybaby.

  26. #26
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Rule 2. Be respectful. This is a forum dealing with sensitive issues and discussions can easily go off topic and become insulting. Unless we respect each other, we won't be able to hold mature debates. Respect the other participants, other views, other religions, be sensitive to other participants' feelings and we will all get along even when we disagree.
    Well looks like we disrespected each other.

  27. #27
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    I'm not sure where I disrespected you. I didnt say anything about you.

  28. #28
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    I will now let this conversation with you come to a rest. Just remember that things are a little different in this forum section and rules are strictly enforced towards behavior. Bouncer has a hard enough job trying to regulate all these threads so we as members must help him enforce respectable behavior.

  29. #29
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    I'm not sure where I disrespected you. I didnt say anything about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    but I do not and will not support our President.
    Looking at this as a whole. I take that as a low blow to the American people. I am American, so I will let you put two and two together.

  30. #30
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Maybe you should quote everything i said


    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    I support the United States of American. I support our American citizens, and our American troops.... but I do not and will not support our President.

  31. #31
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Maybe you should quote everything i said

    The rest of the statement is impossible, if you do not support the source.

  32. #32
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Looking at this as a whole. I take that as a low blow to the American people. I am American, so I will let you put two and two together.
    bro that is reaching almost farther than anyone has reached on this board before. And I've been here awhile. When will Americans learn that patriotism is not simply support of the government no matter if you like them or not. Patrtiotism is exercising the rights the government has given you. I dont know anywhere in the constitution it says that anyone who doesnt support the president is unamerican. Funny though, I did hear something similiar from one of Hitler's propaganda ministers at nuremburg. hows it go? learn from history or repeat it?

  33. #33
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    bro that is reaching almost farther than anyone has reached on this board before. And I've been here awhile. When will Americans learn that patriotism is not simply support of the government no matter if you like them or not. Patrtiotism is exercising the rights the government has given you. I dont know anywhere in the constitution it says that anyone who doesnt support the president is unamerican. Funny though, I did hear something similiar from one of Hitler's propaganda ministers at nuremburg. hows it go? learn from history or repeat it?

    You and your people voted yesterday. You EXERCISED your God given right. The democrats LOST. Now its time to move on and support. Simple as that.

    Please dont bring Hitler into this. He has absolutly nothing to do with this.

  34. #34
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Now you're breaking rule 6.

    6. Discussions evolved, but don't hijack threads. If you have a new topic to bring to discussion, start a new thread and don't hijack an existing one.



    If you want to go show your support for Bush and ask everybody to follow his lead then start your own thread.

  35. #35
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546
    my people? hahah bro i didnt vote for kerry! and Im not bringing hitler into this, it was an obvious allusion to what is happening now. I am hoping that you are intelligent enough to understand that. Instead of trying to turn my words why dont you just learn something.

  36. #36
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    my people? hahah bro i didnt vote for kerry! and Im not bringing hitler into this, it was an obvious allusion to what is happening now. I am hoping that you are intelligent enough to understand that. Instead of trying to turn my words why dont you just learn something.

    I have learned a great deal from this election. A GREAT deal.


  37. #37
    bermich's Avatar
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,808
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Please dont come to my threads and disrespect me. I have always preached respectable bahavior and manners in this forum, and many people will back me on that.


    Just because you made this thread doesnt mean you determine who can post in it. If you expect only posts that agree with yours, CLOSE THIS.

    You are disrespecting people who voted for Bush. Dont think that everyone agrees with your thread and that you speak for everyone.
    Last edited by bermich; 11-03-2004 at 12:45 PM.

  38. #38
    50%Natural's Avatar
    50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Now you're breaking rule 6.

    wow

  39. #39
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    my people? hahah bro i didnt vote for kerry! and Im not bringing hitler into this, it was an obvious allusion to what is happening now. I am hoping that you are intelligent enough to understand that. Instead of trying to turn my words why dont you just learn something.
    Well you had to vote for someone yesterday. Unless you didnt vote. Thats why I said YOU and YOUR people. I didnt emphasize Democrat.

  40. #40
    EastCoaster's Avatar
    EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Just because you made this thread doesnt mean you determine who can post in it. If you expect only posts that agree with yours, CLOSE THIS.

    You are disrespecting people who voted for Bush. Dont think that everyone agrees with your thread and that you speak for everyone.

    As far as losing jobs to outsourcing. YEAH, if you are a telemarketer plan on looking for a new job.
    No president can stop outsourcing. Kerry wouldnt stop outsourcing.

    You may disagee, but this wasnt a thread which I planned on debating, and calling me a "crybaby" was unwarrented and uncalled for... statements like that only start fights and it is against the rules here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •