Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Badgerman is offline Banned

Gen Wesley Clark vs. Bush

Who would you have voted for???
    I would have gone Clark
    I think the dems really missed the boat there.
    Kerry was a real knob.....

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    Sorry, I'd have still voted for Bush....

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Who would you have voted for???
    I would have gone Clark
    I think the dems really missed the boat there.
    Kerry was a real knob.....
    Clark would have floundered on a national stage I think. The Dems were simply absolutely without a viable candidate this time around. Sadly, I think Kerry was probably their best candidate, and, a year ago, I remember being confused as to why he was so far behind and Dean was running so well (though I think it has much to do with my repeated suspicion that the Dems can't resist pandering to their vocal fringe during primary season).

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    You have to admit badgerman that Kerry would have been my second to last choice besides Dean. I think Clark would have done a little better but his campain wasnt all that great. Kerry just didnt seem to be consistant through this whole thing. He just to me seemed to go with water ever the polls where telling him was popular at the moment.

To tell you the Truth I would have voted for a democrate if they had one that made sence. Im not impressed with Bush as a republican . If I thought there was a better option I would have maybe would have went the other way.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    I just saw Clark last night...... hadn't really paid much attention to him.......much better than Kerry or Bush......had an interesting story re 911 and Iraq.
    As a supreme NATO commander.....bet he would know how to get US out of Iraq cleanly

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I don't think Clark would fare well in the debates or the public in general. His use of Michael Moore ruined him entirely. The other problem is that a lot of our allies do not have a great opinion of him after the war in Bosnia-Kosovo. Clark's plan was to minimize NATO casualties by using masive airstrikes. The problem was that to ensure no NATO casualties, he had the bombers fly way too high, so their bombs were at times extremely innacurate (e.g. the one that hit the Chinese embassy in Belgrade). Even the pilots flying the bombers said, while in flight, that they knew there would be a lot of civillian casualites because they couldn't get a good read on exactly what they were aiming for. And they were right.

Thread Information