Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up Greatest Govt/society of all time?

What would you educated guys consider to be the best government of all time. Try to pick the government in a certain era (ex. china under mao). i think we will see some interesting posts, because what makes up a great society/government?
    - healthcare?
    - freedom of religion/speech?
    - military?
    - wealth/ecomomy?
    - influence in the world?
    - technology

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

according to arnold...

wasn't it nazi germany?

i think they would classify in the bottom 2

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Holy Roman Empire under Charlemagne. Last stand for the Roman Empire. Ill give big ups to my man Charlemagne. Respect.

i still think that ghandi was the best leader

dean1233 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    What would you educated guys consider to be the best government of all time. Try to pick the government in a certain era (ex. china under mao). i think we will see some interesting posts, because what makes up a great society/government?
    - healthcare?
    - military?
    - wealth/ecomomy?
    - technology
    The Bush precidency...

antifascism is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    - healthcare?
    - military?
    - wealth/ecomomy?
    - technology

Liberal canada is probably the best country ever.
    healthcare: universal healthcare for all
    freedom of religion/speech: very tolerant especially for the fact that they are so close to the US. ppl in canada are VERy open minded.
    military: the best part about canada is the fact that they dont have a strong military. they are only good enough for humanitarian /national security missions / issues. i admire the country for not supporting / carrying wmd's.
    wealth/economy: although taxes are higher, ppl enjoy higher minimum wages, universal healthcare (again). post secondary education is MUCH cheaper than anywhere in the US. 6th - 7th wealthiest nation in the world.
    influence in the world: big contributions in the world wars. tons of humanitarian contributions. lots of peace keeing missions. supporter of the kyoto protocal.
    technology: well dont know so much about that but i know that canada is involved in producing modern technology in every aspect, be it computers, planes, steel...ect.
    although i am from middle east i consider canada as my home now. i lived in canada for 10 yrs and i will never leave the country behind even when i am living in the middle east. i think canada is a perfect example of good functioning democracy and my dream is to see a canada in iraq, israel, iran....ect. but it cant be done using force, it must be done internally and the societies will naturally evolve to better conditions, unless they get disturbances from outside forces
    Last edited by antifascism; 11-05-2004 at 08:13 PM.

Thread Information