Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Will Power is offline Banned

The true double standard.

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands — A filmmaker who was the great-grandnephew of the painter Vincent van Gogh was shot and stabbed to death on an Amsterdam street Tuesday after receiving death threats over a movie he made criticizing the treatment of women under Islam.

Is this the Jihadist definition of defending Islam, against What???
    The Jihadists speak of double standards, I see the truth of it. Its fine to criticize, insult, dishonor anyone and any religion to justify brutality, murder, or any other crime. but don't you dare say a negative word about Islam.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Blasphemy is punishable by death in Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. But as usual its the Muslims that follow their faith, while the others ignore theirs.

Plus the guy missed the real target, the author of the film made by the drug addict Van Gogh, who called Jesus (PBUH), the dirty rat of Jerusalem.

Hirsi Ali

She is truly who commited Blashphemy.

Again Muslims defending the Prophets names in Europe. Here a Islamic group sends a Fatwa against a play and actors who are playing "GAY JESUS"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/493436.stm

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Blasphemy is punishable by death in Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. But as usual its the Muslims that follow their faith, while the others ignore theirs.
    So I guess Islam doesn't require its followers to distinguish right from wrong?Honestly do you not see the criminality involved here. Jihadist interpretations, and hatred aside. Do you not see that this is just wrong......

Again Muslims defending the Prophets names in Europe. Here a Islamic group sends a Fatwa against a play and actors who are playing "GAY JESUS"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/493436.stm
    And this justifies what??????

If a well established Islamic Religious Scholar called for his death through a fatwa, it is a duty to follow the fatwa.

atlgadoll is offline Junior Member
    Is it blasphemy if its true?

If a well established Islamic Religious Scholar called for his death through a fatwa, it is a duty to follow the fatwa.
    If that same idiot told you to jump off a bridge? Wouldn't you stop and think of the reason, legality, morality, and implications of such an act.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    If that same idiot told you to jump off a bridge? Wouldn't you stop and think of the reason, legality, morality, and implications of such an act.
    I cannot beleive all of Islam is braindead...
    The fatwa is based on Islamic reason, legality, morality. As for implications that is for GOD to decide.

As I have said Blashphemy is punishable by death in Judaism and Christianity also, but you guys dont follow that.

Quote Originally Posted by atlgadoll
    Is it blasphemy if its true?
    Apparently that doesn't matter.

The fatwa is based on Islamic reason, legality, morality. As for implications that is for GOD to decide.

As I have said Blashphemy is punishable by death in Judaism and Christianity also, but you guys dont follow that.
    Yes of course.
    I frequently hear the pope call for the death of any nonbeliever. And just yesterday the Bishop of my city called for the beheading of a woman who said something he didn't like.

So I must ask again, Does Islam not require its followers to be able to distinguish right from wrong?

Yes of course.
    I frequently hear the pope call for the death of any nonbeliever. And just yesterday the Bishop of my city called for the beheading of a woman who said something he didn't like.

So I must ask again, Does Islam not require its followers to be able to distinguish right from wrong?
    I will repeat Bishops dont call for killing of Blashphemy behavior because they arent following their religion.

And yes Islam asks its followers to distinguish from right and wrong, that is why many Dutch Muslim groups, said this act was unislamic.

And yes Islam asks its followers to distinguish from right and wrong, that is why many Dutch Muslim groups, said this act was unislamic.

Than you must clarify, is this commonly occurring act unislamic or is it justified.

Than you must clarify, is this commonly occurring act unislamic or is it justified.
    Salam Rushdie's fatwa was justified, I dont know too much details on Theo Van Gogh's actions to say anything.

Salam Rushdie's fatwa was justified, I dont know too much details on Theo Van Gogh's actions to say anything.
    So I guess that rules out freedom of speach in the Muslim world.

zOaib is offline VET
    christianity and judaisim have become secular faiths not ISLAM , then the way we deal wiht things will seem harsh to a lot of people !

Say anything you want, but not against GOD or his messagers.

How many times have I seen things that digust me in America. I had a game in which people were supposed to dress Jesus (PBUH) in clothes, and some of the clothes people had the option to put on Jesus (PBUH) was Satans outfit and womens clothes.

How many times has Jesus (PBUH) been mocked by people.

Eventually these actions against Jesus (PBUH) and GOD, are getting worst and worst, especially in Western cultures.

zOaib is offline VET
    Apparently that doesn't matter.
    yes it does ! but remember forget this person many others have targeted islamic treatment of women in false views , yes there are muslims women opressed but islam does not teach that , some muslims nations are cultural slaves , and hence they dont follow the word of GOD in a lot of matters , its just like having illiterates among the literates ............ does that make all of the same NO !

zOaib is offline VET
    in islam there is freedom of speech , but its all speech u can do , if it is against the islamic law , then u better move with your followers since the rest will not take likely to your speech , although todays islamic , well not really islamic countries , but they do call themselves that follow their own made laws , avoiding islamic laws in many cases ............

Say anything you want, but not against GOD or his messagers.

How many times have I seen things that digust me in America. I had a game in which people were supposed to dress Jesus (PBUH) in clothes, and some of the clothes people had the option to put on Jesus (PBUH) was Satans outfit and womens clothes.

How many times has Jesus (PBUH) been mocked by people.

Eventually these actions against Jesus (PBUH) and GOD, are getting worst and worst, especially in Western cultures.
    So are you saying those people should be put to death, I'm not sure where you are going with this but you haven't answered the question. Is the murder of someone who exercises free speech unislamic?

So are you saying those people should be put to death, I'm not sure where you are going with this but you haven't answered the question. Is the murder of someone who exercises free speech unislamic?
    Can I go to an American movie theatre and say "FIRE FIRE FIRE" and not get arrested?

Can I go out in public and say I want to kill President Bush and not get arrested?

Is that against free speech? Even free speech in America has its limits.

It depends on what type of free speech the person is using to deem it unislamic.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    yes it does ! but remember forget this person many others have targeted islamic treatment of women in false views , yes there are muslims women opressed but islam does not teach that , some muslims nations are cultural slaves , and hence they dont follow the word of GOD in a lot of matters , its just like having illiterates among the literates ............ does that make all of the same NO !

Weather the statements are true or not is a mute point. The question remains, Is a person who exercises free speech against Islam a legit target for murder.

Is a person who exercises free speech against Islam a legit target for murder.
    Depends on what he says, and depends on what religious scholars say about that act.

Can I go to an American movie theatre and say "FIRE FIRE FIRE" and not get arrested?

Can I go out in public and say I want to kill President Bush and not get arrested?

Is that against free speech? Even free speech in America has its limits.

It depends on what type of free speech the person is using to deem it unislamic.

This has to be the worst argument I've ever heard.
    You are comparing the execution of innocent people who only spoke there opinions, with an arrest ( notice I said arrest, not murder )of a person for reckless acts of public endangerment.

Depends on what he says, and depends on what religious scholars say about that act.
    So basically you are saying the murder is legitimate.

This has to be the worst argument I've ever heard.
    You are comparing the execution of innocent people who only spoke there opinions, with an arrest ( notice I said arrest, not murder )of a person for reckless acts of public endangerment.
    Not exactly, many Americans take revenge and so called Justice in their own hands. After 9/11 American anger boiled over, and many Muslims were killed by Americans that were angry about what "Muslims" had done.

The same thing applies here. This man was angry at what this person Theo was doing to his religion, and took action in his own hands.

One person considered himself a "patriot" another "good muslim"

So basically you are saying the murder is legitimate.
    IT DEPENDS

IT DEPENDS
    There is no it depends, Either its OK to kill them or its not. Either you can speak your mind or you cannot.

Sorry your wrong. It depends on what is said by the person about Islam or the Prophets, and it depends on what religious scholars say on it.

Sorry your wrong. It depends on what is said by the person about Islam or the Prophets, and it depends on what religious scholars say on it.
    Actually you boldly and clearly stating that If anyone speaks against Islam in a fashion that the cleric deems insulting, it is OK to murder that person.

Actually you boldly and clearly stating that If anyone speaks against Islam in a fashion that the cleric deems insulting, it is OK to murder that person.
    Well there are different punishments not ONLY murder. But if a well respected religious scholar deems it to be that harsh that killing is reccomended. Then yes it is acceptable.

Al Azhar is a well respected school in Sunni Theology. If they said it, it would be ok.

But they havent said anything like this forever. Khomenie's fatwa was one of the most popular, but even he canceled the fatwa after Rushdie apologized.

zOaib is offline VET
    Weather the statements are true or not is a mute point. The question remains, Is a person who exercises free speech against Islam a legit target for murder.
    if he spoke against Allah or Muhammed or any other prophets YES ! ........ for the reason he or she got killed NO !

for me God and his prophets are divine !

if a well respected religious scholar deems it to be that harsh that killing is reccomended. Then yes it is acceptable..
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    if he spoke against Allah or Muhammed or any other prophets YES ! !

I would say that wraps up this discussion wouldnt you...

So I guess Islam doesn't require its followers to distinguish right from wrong?Honestly do you not see the criminality involved here. Jihadist interpretations, and hatred aside. Do you not see that this is just wrong......

Exactly bro, these people are so brain washed they have lost sight or reality, they well make justifications for any action, its absolutley idiotic and theres no point in argueing with them, because they are so far gone that they actually believe all this craziness and think that killing can be justified...dont waste your breath arguing with these people

It depends on what you call crime, you people have a different definition.

If someone conspires to kill another. You will be put in jail for attempted murder.

Jose Padilla was conspiring to do some terrorist act in the US, now he is in jail for life, without trial.

You have a different definition for crime, it depends on the society.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    Exactly bro, these people are so brain washed they have lost sight or reality, they well make justifications for any action, its absolutley idiotic and theres no point in argueing with them, because they are so far gone that they actually believe all this craziness and think that killing can be justified...dont waste your breath arguing with these people
    TRUE THAT !

You guys already made my point, I dont think we need to drag this on....

Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    Funny thing is, I think the same way about you guys. Who's reality is real?

It is you that justifies Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it is YOU that justifies the Iraq war, not me.

zOaib is offline VET
    Funny thing is, I think the same way about you guys. Who's reality is real?

It is you that justifies Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it is YOU that justifies the Iraq war, not me.
    or the GENOCIDE of the native indians , pretty justified !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information