Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Badgerman is offline Banned

WMD's are great.......

As long as WE are the ones using them........
    then we wonder why they become terrorists

U.S. Admits Using Napalm Bombs In Iraq: Report

"The U.S. is the only country that has used napalm for a long time. I am not aware of any other country that uses it," Pike
    WASHINGTON, August 10 - The United States admitted dropping the internationally-banned incendiary weapon of napalm on Iraq, despite earlier denials by the Pentagon that the "horrible" weapon had not been used in the three-week invasion.
    An upgraded type of the weapon, a terrifying mixture of jet fuel and polystyrene that sticks to skin as it burns, was used in March and April 2003, when dozens of napalm bombs were dropped near bridges over the Saddam Canal and the Tigris river, south of Baghdad, the Independent reported Sunday, August 10.
    "We napalmed both those [bridge] approaches," the paper quoted Colonel James Alles, commander of Marine Air Group 11, as saying.
    "Unfortunately there were people there ... you could see them in the [cockpit] video. They were Iraqi soldiers. It's no great way to die," said Alles.
    On March 22 a correspondent for Sydney Morning Herald, traveling with U.S. marines reported that napalm was used in an attack on Iraqi troops at Safwan Hill, near the Kuwait border.
    His account was based on statements by two U.S. marines officers on the ground.
    "Safwan Hill went up in a huge fireball and the observation post was obliterated. I pity anyone who is in there," a Marine sergeant said
    The Pentagon insisted at the time the statement was "patently false".
    "The U.S. took napalm out of service in the 1970s. We completed the destruction of our last batch of napalm on April 4, 2001, and no longer maintain any stocks of napalm," Lieutenant-Commander Jeff Davis, from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense had said.
    'Generals Love Napalm'
    But a Pentagon official told Agence France-Presse (AFP) on Thursday that U.S. forces used the new type against Iraqi forces in their drive towards Baghdad and defended their use as legal and necessary.
    The official, who did not wish to be identified, said that U.S. marines jets dropped the fire bombs at least once to destroy Iraqi positions at Safwan.
    "It is like this: you've got [an] enemy that's hard to get at. And it will save your own lives to use it. There were no international conventions against it, the official said.
    Marines used the bombs on at least two other occasions during the drive toBaghdad, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported this week.
    "The generals love napalm, … it has a big psychological effect," the paper quoted Alles as saying.
    Marine Corps Maj-Gen Jim Amos confirmed to the paper that napalm was used on several occasions in the invasion.
    A 1980 U.N. convention banned the use against civilian targets of napalm. The U.S., which did not sign the treaty, is one of the few countries that makes use of the weapon, as it was employed notoriously against both civilian and military targets in the Vietnam war, according to the Independent.
    The revelation that napalm was used in the invasion of Iraq, while the Pentagon denied it, has outraged opponents of the war.
    "Most of the world understands that napalm and incendiaries are a horrible, horrible weapon," Robert Musil, director of the organization Physicians for Social Responsibility, told the British paper.
    "It takes up an awful lot of medical resources. It creates horrible wounds." Musil said denial of its use "fits a pattern of deception [by the U.S. administration]".
    It Is Still Napalm
    The Pentagon said it had not tried to deceive. It drew a distinction between traditional napalm, first invented in 1942, and the weapons dropped in Iraq, which it calls Mark 77 firebombs. They weigh 510lbs, and consist of 44lbs of polystyrene-like gel and 63 gallons of jet fuel.
    John Pike, director of the military studies group GlobalSecurity.Org, said: "You can call it something other than napalm but it is still napalm. It has been reformulated in the sense that they now use a different petroleum distillate, but that is it. The U.S. is the only country that has used napalm for a long time. I am not aware of any other country that uses it."
    Musil said the Pentagon's effort to draw a distinction between the weapons was outrageous.
    "It's Orwellian. They do not want the public to know. It's a lie," he said.
    After the offensive on Iraq ended, Iraqis began to complain about unexploded cluster bombs that still litter their areas and the U.S. forces failed to take them away.

physio_sport is offline Banned
    i would love to hear the excuses people make for these actions.

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by physio_sport
    i would love to hear the excuses people make for these actions.
    i have an excuse... we didnt use up all of it in nam so we have to rid our stockpiles somehow.. might as well be on the iraqi's

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    The United States admitted dropping the internationally-banned incendiary weapon of napalm on Iraq,

1980 U.N. convention banned the use against civilian targets of napalm.

On March 22 a correspondent for Sydney Morning Herald, traveling with U.S. marines reported that napalm was used in an attack on Iraqi troops at Safwan Hill, near the Kuwait border.

"We napalmed both those [bridge] approaches," the paper quoted Colonel James Alles, commander of Marine Air Group 11, as saying.
    "Unfortunately there were people there ... you could see them in the [cockpit] video. They were Iraqi soldiers.
    In the beginning of the article they state that US used an “internationally-banned incendiary weapon”.

They later in the article explain that Napalm was banned by the U.N. for the use “against civilian targets” but don’t explain that, in the only instances that they are noting, Napalm was used only used against Iraqi troops or soldiers.

This seems to be a biased article, where did you get it from Badgerman?

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    probably got it from dan rather

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.

Thumbs down

rocco78 is offline Junior Member
    WWJB?

Who Would Jesus Bomb?

workdude is offline Senior Member
    You do what you have to do in combat!

Quote Originally Posted by rocco78
    WWJB?

Who Would Jesus Bomb?
    Ya.......ain't that the truth.......wonder if they keep the keys to the tanks on a WWJD strap......

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    "We napalmed both those [bridge] approaches," said Colonel James Alles, commander of Marine Air Group 11. "Unfortunately there were people there ... you could see them in the [cockpit] video. They were Iraqi soldiers. It's no great way to die. The generals love napalm. It has a big psychological effect."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/ne...alm-iraq01.htm

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont care if they use Napalm in war. Whats wrong with Napalm??? What does it matter if we burn them or blow them into a thousand peices??

oh btw WWJB........the bad guys you know.......evil people? Opressors?

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I dont care if they use Napalm in war. Whats wrong with Napalm??? What does it matter if we burn them or blow them into a thousand peices??
    I think Badermans point was, that it is hypocritical to fight a nation because "they had" WMD, and inturn use WMD against them.

Badgers points are all over the place as long as they are anti establishment anti Amercan he runs with it.

I picture him as an aging hippie with a ponytail sitting in his basement chain smoking pounding away at the keyboard in Berkinstocks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Badgers points are all over the place as long as they are anti establishment anti Amercan he runs with it.

I picture him as an aging hippie with a ponytail sitting in his basement chain smoking pounding away at the keyboard in Berkinstocks.

You crack me up......I'm mainline American......two kids in college.....one in HS
    non-smoker........pay lots of taxes.......have cole-haans on right now at the office.....that I own.......

My points aren't valid???.....I know.......America is immune to criticism.....

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think jesus would blow up all the catholic churches..

rocco78 is offline Junior Member
    oh btw WWJB........the bad guys you know.......evil people? Opressors?
    Oh, yeah. He was all about violence. If Jesus showed us anything, it's that Violence is good. It was violence that got him up on that cross, but I'm sure he would have blown those Romans away if he had an AK-47. If anything, you are the prime example of the fact that some people can warp ANYTHING to their own selfish perspective.

Your definition of Christianity never ceases to amaze me. Jesus never had one good thing to say about nation-states or organized religion.

And he didn't "kick ass" in any way. He showed us all the brilliance of pacifism, that you can teach the world so much more with wisdom than with guns. If he had used violence, he would have been David Koresh, not Jesus Christ.

Don't get me wrong, I can tell you are intelligent. I just don't AT ALL get how you reconcile christianity and war... would you advocate the crusades all over again? Jesus was a lot of things, but he was never a warrior except in perspective, and insight.
    Last edited by rocco78; 11-11-2004 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rocco78
    Oh, yeah. He was all about violence. If Jesus showed us anything, it's that Violence is good. It was violence that got him up on that cross, but I'm sure he would have blown those Romans away if he had an AK-47. If anything, you are the prime example of the fact that some people can warp ANYTHING to their own selfish perspective.

Your definition of Christianity never ceases to amaze me. Jesus never had one good thing to say about nation-states or organized religion.

And he didn't "kick ass" in any way. He showed us all the brilliance of pacifism, that you can teach the world so much more with wisdom than with guns. If he had used violence, he would have been David Koresh, not Jesus Christ.

Don't get me wrong, I can tell you are intelligent. I just don't AT ALL get how you reconcile christianity and war... would you advocate the crusades all over again? Jesus was a lot of things, but he was never a warrior except in perspective, and insight.
    Well put my friend......the way reconciliation is made is through reversion to the Old Testament......and detachment of individual from the state run operations......" well I'm just following orders......even though I know in my heart God condemns killing my enemies.......guess I'll pray for him AFTER I drop the napalm and burn the flesh off his body."

bermich is offline Anabolic Member

Couldnt have said it any better.

lol

Cry babies all of you libs. There is no other way to put it. Badger your opinion doesn't count because you can't see both sides. Do you even workout? Why are you here?

Plus I have to add two kids and college and pay plenty of taxes , like it's a cross to bear. I love it when people throw in the kids in college crap like that qualifys them for something. Office? A one room suite isn't that impressive.

I'm just sick or your crap, constant whining and bashing this country, please leave. You won't be missed I'm sure we can survive without your tax dollars. I may get banned but I don't care. Ever since you showed up here you have served one purpose only. Causing strife. Hence your name, you probably find it funny. Frankly it's getting rather old.

Again do you even work out? Have you ever posted on the AS or fitness or diet forums? You certainly offer no advice as far as I've seen concerning working out. Find another "chat" board.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    I think Badermans point was, that it is hypocritical to fight a nation because "they had" WMD, and inturn use WMD against them.

I don't think that he read his source carefully, and missed the UN only banning it's use against Civilian Targets and that the only uses, that were in his source, were against Iraqi troops or solders.

I don't think that Napalm is a WMD,

weapon of mass destruction

n : a weapon that kills or injures civilian as well as military personnel (nuclear and chemical and biological weapons)

http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...%20destruction

Bigen, for me at this point it goes beyond that . Some people are bashing this country constantly. If they don't like it they should shut up or leave. Opposing view points blah, blah, blah.........it's whining plain and simple. It is tiresome.

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Bigen is right, Naplam is not a WMD. WMD's are chemical, biological, and nuclear. Lets try to stick to the facts.

dean1233 is offline Banned
    Plus I have to add two kids and college and pay plenty of taxes , like it's a cross to bear. I love it when people throw in the kids in college crap like that qualifys them for something. Office? A one room suite isn't that impressive.

I'm just sick or your crap, constant whining and bashing this country, please leave. You won't be missed I'm sure we can survive without your tax dollars. I may get banned but I don't care. Ever since you showed up here you have served one purpose only. Causing strife. Hence your name, you probably find it funny. Frankly it's getting rather old.

Again do you even work out? Have you ever posted on the AS or fitness or diet forums? You certainly offer no advice as far as I've seen concerning working out. Find another "chat" board.
    What does working out have to do with this forum... If you're such a believer in blind faith, don't read his posts or respond... lemming...

Quote Originally Posted by dean1233
    What does working out have to do with this forum... If you're such a believer in blind faith, don't read his posts or respond... lemming...

I am curious, does calling names, help in your debates?

Lemming
    Any one of several species of small arctic rodents of the
    genera Myodes and Cuniculus, resembling the meadow mice
    in form. They are found in both hemispheres.

you obviously don't workout either, why don't you guys start a clubb or something. THIS IS A FITNESS SITE? GET IT? FITNESS? KNOW WHAT THAT IS?

you obviously don't workout either, why don't you guys start a clubb or something. THIS IS A FITNESS SITE? GET IT? FITNESS? KNOW WHAT THAT IS?
    Gee guys how much BF does Bush have and how big are his pipes?

WTF? lol... it's a political forum! bwahahahah.a

Dean you are loser, and making fun of the people who find this site useful. It's a fitness site with a political forum jackass. I wish I could see you, you're probably a disgrace to men all over the world

Bump, guys this Dean guy is making fun of us. What's your opinion on Dean?

I hope by guys your not talking about me, I am a mini Arnold.

No Caucasian......... Dean & Badger. You have something they lack common sense and the ability to see more than one side of a point (sometimes) lol

Imperialist is offline Junior Member

Well said friend, honestly I have more respect for the Anti Zionist Beast Force of Justice than the Bush bashers. At least they are willing to fight for what they believe and have some valid points. I love how some arguements come down to "do you even workout". That is an AR classic. Errrrr

No Caucasian......... Dean & Badger. You have something they lack common sense and the ability to see more than one side of a point (sometimes) lol
    You're the one who voted for Bush and you're critisizing me for common sense...

1Victor is all torqued off because his views commit intellectual suicide......
    I LOVE America.......what's America????the citizens.....NOT the elite military-industrial complex........I HATE the Iraq war........yeas Saddam is a bad guy........but so are alot of other bozos in charge........BUT we put the moron in power.......and then act all self-righteous.....all for arms sales.......but VICTOR1 can see no problem with that.......
    you remind of the parents of little Johhnny that can do know wrong.

America does wonderful things in the area of humanitarian aid........food and shelter are basic rights which we admirably try to do good.

Thread Information