Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member

Another way to look at the election map . . .

Ya, check this one out . . .

http://www.selekta.com/map.jpg

The more things change, the more they stay the same . . .

-Tock

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Very Interesting.

dean1233 is offline Banned
    So so so so sooooo true.

rocco78 is offline Junior Member
    I have a feeling the 2007 map is going to resemble the Pre-Civil war map.

Regression is a beautiful thing. I just love Evangelical Christians and Hicks who don't know a lick about history. Ignorance INSURES that history repeats itself. Exhaultations to the KING OF THE CRACKERS, George W. Bush!

Quote Originally Posted by rocco78
    I have a feeling the 2007 map is going to resemble the Pre-Civil war map.

Regression is a beautiful thing. I just love Evangelical Christians and Hicks who don't know a lick about history. Ignorance INSURES that history repeats itself. Exhaultations to the KING OF THE CRACKERS, George W. Bush!
    Preech it brotha' Amen!

That's exactly what's going on with the US. A super power which is actually regressing... it's only a matter of time before are dethrowned to China.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Oh I get it, you guys think Bush is bringing back slavery

Yeah, I can see now how Bush supporters are the ignorant ones. If people are going to criticize him, do it where he is screwing up, not just crap that attempts to say "Bush is stupid" or "Bush is a fanatic."

But I'll even play your game for a minute just to show you how stupid this is.....
    I guess you guys want to ignore all the counties that voted for Bush. How typical, the guys farthest to the left have the least grasp on reality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another way to look at the election map . . .-usa_election_map1.jpg  

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    What struck me odd was the fact that WI and IL look just like the state of Florida.....think their looking for a few hurricanes as well? hahahahaha

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    LOL
    slavery is over illegal bro, get over it, your guy lost... end of story

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend

Yeah, I can see now how Bush supporters are the ignorant ones. If people are going to criticize him, do it where he is screwing up, not just crap that attempts to say "Bush is stupid" or "Bush is a fanatic."

But I'll even play your game for a minute just to show you how stupid this is.....
    I guess you guys want to ignore all the counties that voted for Bush. How typical, the guys farthest to the left have the least grasp on reality.
    Thanks for the map showing that in all the hick areas of US, they voted for Bush. You proved nothing but white trash will always be white trash.
    http://www-personal.umich.edu/%7Emejn/election/

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    LOL
    slavery is over illegal bro, get over it, your guy lost... end of story
    yup. there's the way things are, and the way things ought to be. Of course, the way things ought to be doesn't include kerry running the country...nor bush jr; for that matter, when has the way things ought to be ever been???? We have no choice but no move on. if we dwell on this we only hurt ourselves. If we want to make a difference it will have to be in 08 or 12 etc.

Make no mistake about it, it is an interesting map, but honestly, it was well known before this was ever posted. Is there a coincidence? perhaps, but there are no conclusions. no offense to anybody -this is several jack daniels talking but I believe, as the saying goes, that "the people get the gov. they deserve." This election was fair and true, Bush won the popular vote, and -with respects to the last election- blew kerry out of the water when it comes to the electoral vote. The people have spoken, and this is a country of the people, by the people, and for the people. or so they say. let's get on with our lives, and work for the best of us, and this world.

good luck to us all.

peace

I guess you guys want to ignore all the counties that voted for B*sh. How typical, the guys farthest to the left have the least grasp on reality.
    OH I TOTALLY THINK B*SH IS GOING TO BRING BACK SLAVERY. GOOD ANALYSIS.

I'm just saying that you can clearly see that generations of cultural evolution have made little change in the way the country looks at the world. Even by your map (made up mostly of SPARSELY populated counties), you can see that it is "the hicks vs. the urbans". Good going, dildos. BRAVO!

As far as B*sh bringing back slavery, he actually sited a supreme court case from over a hundred years ago (the Dred Scott case, in which it was ruled that a runaway slave was not a person, but PROPERTY), saying he wouldn't put THAT judge in the supreme court. Well, that's swell, Georgie. But if you have to go back to 1856 to find a judgement you consider "outdated", you are a fVcing idiot. We need someone who will allow culture to progress. He doesn't want it to, and he is too dumb to.

Also, he signed death warrents for 154 people while he was Governer of Texas, MOST OF THEM BLACK.

Hail THE KING OF THE CRACKERS.

Oh, and and Dean1233 is right.

Land doesn't vote, people do.

And I'm not saying Bush didn't win the popular vote. I'm just saying this country has a small majority of backwoods hicks whos idea of fun is watching funny colored people get bombed on Fox News. It's not healthy, it's not progressive, and it's no wonder the rest of the civilized world thinks we are going to hell in our own cocky handbasket.

This war has created GENERATIONS of future terrorists. I hope we have fun spending BILLIONS on trying to take care of these independent nutjobs. B*sh was right. The war on terrorism CAN'T be won.

It is made up of angry, vengeful individuals who we will never be able to pin to any one Nation. When are we going to bomb Saudi Arabia btw, seeing as 99% of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi.
    Last edited by rocco78; 11-11-2004 at 11:04 PM.

I think its funny that the Libs are putting this crap all over the internet... They are saying that the minority in there states must all beleive in slavery, drive pickup trucks, and wear suspenders.... lets take a closer look at the numbers...

California:

Kerry
    5,427,055 55% 55
    Bush
    (Incumbent)
    4,403,495 44% 0

44% of cali is dumb???

Illinois:

Kerry
    2,826,757 55% 21
    Bush
    (Incumbent)
    2,313,415 45% 0
    45% if IL are Hillbillies???

Vermont:
    Kerry
    183,621 59% 3
    Bush
    (Incumbent)
    120,710 39% 0
    39% of Maine are morons?

Mass:

Kerry
    1,793,916 62% 12
    Bush
    (Incumbent)
    1,067,163 37% 0

37 % of Mass are idiots? right???
    Last edited by Jdawg50; 11-11-2004 at 11:22 PM.

JDawg,

I didn't say anyone "drove suspenders", all I'm saying is some of us are a little sharper than the masses.

JDawg,

I didn't say anyone "drove suspenders", all I'm saying is some of us are a little sharper than the masses.
    Sorry I missed that, but I think you got my point?? right? I wasnt talking to you btw I was talking in general about the original post.

Oh, and and Dean1233 is right.

Land doesn't vote, people do.

And I'm not saying Bush didn't win the popular vote. I'm just saying this country has a small majority of backwoods hicks whos idea of fun is watching funny colored people get bombed on Fox News. It's not healthy, it's not progressive, and it's no wonder the rest of the civilized world thinks we are going to hell in our own cocky handbasket.

This war has created GENERATIONS of future terrorists. I hope we have fun spending BILLIONS on trying to take care of these independent nutjobs. B*sh was right. The war on terrorism CAN'T be won.

It is made up of angry, vengeful individuals who we will never be able to pin to any one Nation. When are we going to bomb Saudi Arabia btw, seeing as 99% of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi.
    Saudi Arabia is just as bad as Iraq, but you the key here was that they were cooperative with USA and their interests... being oil that is... You can violate human rights all you want, as long as the USA is benefiting from your country, they really dont' give a shhit about anyone but themselves.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    OH I TOTALLY THINK B*SH IS GOING TO BRING BACK SLAVERY. GOOD ANALYSIS.

I'm just saying that you can clearly see that generations of cultural evolution have made little change in the way the country looks at the world. Even by your map (made up mostly of SPARSELY populated counties), you can see that it is "the hicks vs. the urbans". Good going, dildos. BRAVO!

As far as B*sh bringing back slavery, he actually sited a supreme court case from over a hundred years ago (the Dred Scott case, in which it was ruled that a runaway slave was not a person, but PROPERTY), saying he wouldn't put THAT judge in the supreme court. Well, that's swell, Georgie. But if you have to go back to 1856 to find a judgement you consider "outdated", you are a fVcing idiot. We need someone who will allow culture to progress. He doesn't want it to, and he is too dumb to.

Also, he signed death warrents for 154 people while he was Governer of Texas, MOST OF THEM BLACK.

Hail THE KING OF THE CRACKERS.

Get real. Do you think he sentenced those people to death because they were black? Do you think he hates Powell and Rice because they are black? Has Bush ever done anything that conveys any signs of racism? Ever?

Think. What has he done to not "allow culture to progress?" Let me guess, you are in favor of partial birth as "progress" and increased government handouts as "progress." Criminals need weaker punishments because they aren't fair, whereas the victems need their taxes increased to pay for the perps to live better. Yeah, thats "progress." I guess thats why liberals are considered to be "progressives."

Get real. Do you think he sentenced those people to death because they were black? Do you think he hates Powell and Rice because they are black? Has Bush ever done anything that conveys any signs of racism? Ever?

Think. What has he done to not "allow culture to progress?" Let me guess, you are in favor of partial birth as "progress" and increased government handouts as "progress." Criminals need weaker punishments because they aren't fair, whereas the victems need their taxes increased to pay for the perps to live better. Yeah, thats "progress." I guess thats why liberals are considered to be "progressives."
    Rice and Powell are what used to be called "House Nig**rs". It's a bad term, but nothing could be more accurate. They stay in their place, they do what they are told, and they get rewarded for it. They are not intelligent, they are not individuals. They are whitey in black shells. I'm sure he loves them. I know republicans who agree with me on this. I mean, Powell used to be 100% against the Iraq war, and rather than hold his ground (which after his speech to the UN, which all turned out to be false, might have been smart), He rolled over and took it like a good boy.

As far as what you term as "progress", no I am not for any of those things. But I don't think there is any reason to spend billions of dollars on war that is NOT substantiated (other than Saddam is a prick... but there are plenty of heads of state who are pricks and we don't bomb them) There are NO WMD's. There is no terrorist connection. I wasn't against the war in Afghanistan, and I don't know any one who was. But this war is BS. I happen to be able to see the forest for the tress. Now, if you leave out all of this terrorist sh*t, and all this WMD crap and tell me it's a strategic footing in the middle east for future negotiations...I might buy that, and even come closer to supporting it. But this war making me safer? HA! Mark my words, we will NOT be in a safe world for as long as we are perpetuating war. This mission is not accomplished, and may not be for a long, long time. Many more good lower middle class American Kids will die, and billions more will be spent.

Our criminal justice system is a mess. I belive in punishing criminals, but I don't believe in capital punishment. PERIOD. And our prisons are loaded with people who don't belong there. My tax dollars are buying Martha Stewart's food for the next 6 months for phucks sake. That b*tch can cook for herself, and should be. We put her on the cross, and yet our Vice Pres is the ex-CEO of a defense company. Talk about a conflict of interest!

I am quickly becoming a liberal because "liberals" can at least look at what's wrong with our society, question it, and attempt to change it. Republicans seem intent on justifing everything they do with another line of BS, and maintaining the status quo.

I am still glad to live in this country, and please understand that I have never been a party line democrat, but I just don't like B*sh at all. I like Kerry a little tiny bit more, but I hardly believe he would have done much better. Debate is healthy. I like to provoke, but I'm not nearly as one dimensional as my posts may indicate. My primary client in my business is a staunch republican. But you know, Urban... we will never see eye to eye.

Rice and Powell are what used to be called "House Nig**rs". It's a bad term, but nothing could be more accurate. They stay in their place, they do what they are told, and they get rewarded for it. They are not intelligent, they are not individuals. They are whitey in black shells. I'm sure he loves them. I know republicans who agree with me on this. I mean, Powell used to be 100% against the Iraq war, and rather than hold his ground (which after his speech to the UN, which all turned out to be false, might have been smart), He rolled over and took it like a good boy.

As far as what you term as "progress", no I am not for any of those things. But I don't think there is any reason to spend billions of dollars on war that is NOT substantiated (other than Saddam is a prick... but there are plenty of heads of state who are pricks and we don't bomb them) There are NO WMD's. There is no terrorist connection. I wasn't against the war in Afghanistan, and I don't know any one who was. But this war is BS. I happen to be able to see the forest for the tress. Now, if you leave out all of this terrorist sh*t, and all this WMD crap and tell me it's a strategic footing in the middle east for future negotiations...I might buy that, and even come closer to supporting it. But this war making me safer? HA! Mark my words, we will NOT be in a safe world for as long as we are perpetuating war. This mission is not accomplished, and may not be for a long, long time. Many more good lower middle class American Kids will die, and billions more will be spent.

Our criminal justice system is a mess. I belive in punishing criminals, but I don't believe in capital punishment. PERIOD. And our prisons are loaded with people who don't belong there. My tax dollars are buying Martha Stewart's food for the next 6 months for phucks sake. That b*tch can cook for herself, and should be. We put her on the cross, and yet our Vice Pres is the ex-CEO of a defense company. Talk about a conflict of interest!

I am quickly becoming a liberal because "liberals" can at least look at what's wrong with our society, question it, and attempt to change it. Republicans seem intent on justifing everything they do with another line of BS, and maintaining the status quo.

I am still glad to live in this country, and please understand that I have never been a party line democrat, but I just don't like B*sh at all. I like Kerry a little tiny bit more, but I hardly believe he would have done much better. Debate is healthy. I like to provoke, but I'm not nearly as one dimensional as my posts may indicate. My primary client in my business is a staunch republican. But you know, Urban... we will never see eye to eye.
    Great post man, especially regarding Republicans maintaining the status quo. Cheers.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    POSTED THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD IN THE LOUNGE..but thought that it warranted posting here as well:

I'm in a state all right, a state of shock that this map comparison still carries any real credence. Let's look at a map of the US where those regions producing the most pollution are designated a certain color. Hey, what do you know, they're overwhelmingly correlated with the "blue" regions of the country...surely that says something horrible, terrible and noteworthy about Kerry supporters, right?

It's called Texas Sharpshooting (with all due respect to BigTexan, MajorPecs, Coldstone and Symatech) - find a pattern and apply it to your cause after the fact. Both sides are really, really grasping at straws here, all of which makes me believe that the independents, undecided and yes, even the apathetic, are more grounded in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Both sides are really, really grasping at straws here, all of which makes me believe that the independents, undecided and yes, even the apathetic, are more grounded in reality.
    I agree with this, as a Kerry supporter, more than I should.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Let them be - their seething rage and incapability to handle reality will keep them focused on why everyone else is the problem - while they self destruct the democratic party, cant wait for dean to become the head of it!

Thread Information