Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member

From the Peoples Republic of Boulder Colorado

This was all over the local news yesterday.. Bunch of dummies. The worst is that they had Teachers as part of the band. They also tried to ban Marines from recruiting in their high school, and had a overnight sit in at the library to protest Bush's policy's the day after he won re-election.. Morons

Secret Service pays visit to Boulder High
    By Hector Gutierrez, Rocky Mountain News
    November 12, 2004

Bob Dylan's Masters of War is a hard-hitting, anti-war song produced more than 20 years before any current Boulder High School student was born.

More than 40 years after its release, the song has been resurrected at Boulder High with huge and confusing repercussions that prompted Secret Service agents to pay the campus a visit Thursday.

Some students and parents apparently let the Secret Service and talk-radio stations know they were unhappy with the plan of a trio of students to do a poetry reading of the song, accompanied by background music, according to Ron Cabrera, the school's principal.

Rumors were rampant that during an audition and rehearsal for today's talent show, the students changed Dylan's powerful last verse at the end of the song to say that they hoped that President Bush was going to die.

The last verse begins: "And I hope that you die; And your death'll come soon."

Secret Service agents interviewed Cabrera on Thursday to determine what all the uproar was about and whether any threats were being made against the president's life.

"They were following up and doing their due diligence," Cabrera said of the agents' visit. "They had been receiving calls from the community and, in the course of the talk show, felt like they had heard (the students) inciting physical harm to the president."

Cabrera said he talked to the students and teachers who have been working with them, and he was told the group, which calls itself the Coalition of the Willing, made no reference to Bush.

"I don't know why it surfaced," Cabrera said of the complaints. "I think they're surprised by all the allegations."

Cabrera said he also showed the agents the lyrics of the entire song. The agents appeared to have left satisfied that no bona-fide threat was being directed at the president, he said.

The principal said the students' performance of the song at the talent show upholds their right to express themselves, and he did not think it was inappropriate in a campus setting.

A Secret Service spokesman could not be reached for comment.

Cabrera acknowledged that the group did consider at one time naming itself the "Tali-banned." A teacher persuaded the teens to drop the title because it was offensive, he said.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Wheres the trail mix? WHO'S BOGARTING THE TRAIL MIX? Pass the bong.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Wheres the trail mix? WHO'S BOGARTING THE TRAIL MIX? Pass the bong.
    OMG LMAF!!!!!!!!

Nooo way duuuude, The Sercret Service,,, what are they doin here bra????

Superhuman is offline Banned
    haha I live in Boulder and I know many kids at Boulder High. This **** is funny. I'm surprised it became that big of a story. The band members are a bunch of fags. This guy named Jim Vacca is gonna get his ass kicked by the Marine Recruiters. I know the recruiters well. One day while they were in the cafeteria, Jim Vacc (a teacher) comes up and starts bitching and calling them murderers. Then Cabrera comes and tells the Marines to leave! This school is insanely liberal. The policies of this school are terrible. 50% of the students are high every single day, probably 2-5% are drunk, and EVERYBODY bashes Bush every day. Boulder High School Sucks and the government needs to do something about it's anti-government ideas. When I went there, during history class we only learned about all the bad things America has done - nothing good. All the teachers a liberal granola heads and the students have been brainwashed.

It's still funny though how that **** got all over the news

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    scary stuff

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Not half as scary as Indiana conservative Christian talk radio......OMG.......what a bunch of stupid people.....

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Not half as scary as Indiana conservative Christian talk radio......OMG.......what a bunch of stupid people.....
    OKOKOK,,,, Badgerman??? fine I know you hate Conservatives... I get it. How about we put up a post about how great Wisconsin is doing this year bro? 6-0 in the big ten... they beat my Buckeyes??? put up a post about that, and maybe we can find some common ground...

Thread Information