Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts

Thread: Islam and Jesus

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member

Islam and Jesus

Muslims believe in Jesus, but that he was just a prophet. Does the Quran go into detail of his ministry? Or does it simply say he was a prophet who taught the people?

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Jesus (PBUH) was a prophet that was born through a miracle from GOD, he wasnt born like the other prophets.

Jesus (PBUH) not Muhammed (PBUH) will return on the Day of Judgement.

3:55 "Behold! Allah said: O Jesus! I will take thee And raise thee to Myself And clear thee (of the falsehoods) Of those who blaspheme; I will make those Who follow thee superior To those who reject faith, To the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, And I will judge Between you of the matters wherein ye dispute."

We belive Jesus was not crucified, but someone that look like him was crucified, Judas maybe?

"That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary A grave false charge; That they said (in boast): 'We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah.' But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjunction to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise. And there is none of the people of the book (Jews and Christians) But must believe in him (Jesus) Before his death; And on the Day of Judgment He (Jesus) will be a witness Against them. (The Noble Quran, 4:156-159)"

There is more, I will post an article later.

This is good info. Im more interrested though in if the Quran goes into what he did while he was alive? Like in the bible, as you know, the whole New Testament is about Jesus' life. Does the Quran go into his teaching extensivly?

I dont think it does, here is a good article on it -

http://www.saaid.net/islam/6.htm

Although the Quran does not present a detailed life-story of Jesus, it highlights the important aspects of his birth, his mission, his ascension to heaven, and passes judgements on the Christian beliefs concerning him. The Quranic account of Jesus starts with the conception of his mother, Mary, whose mother, the wife of Imran, vowed to dedicate her child to the service of God in the temple. When Mary became a woman, the Holy Spirit (the Archangel Gabriel) appeared to her as a man bringing her news of a son. We read the following dialogue in the Quran between Mary and the Angel:

"When the angel said, "Mary, god gives you a good tidings of a Word from Him whose name is messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, -high honoured shall he be in this world and the next, near stationed to God. He shall speak to men in the cradle, and of age, and righteous he shall be, "lord" said Mary "How shall I have a son, seeing no mortal has touched me? "Even so, he said "God creates what He will".

When he decrees a thing He but say to it, "Be", and it is. (Al-Imran 3:45-47)

In a chapter (Surah) entitled "Maryam" (Mary), the Quran tells us how Mary gave birth to her son, and how the Jesus accused her when she brought the child home:

"Then she brought the child to her folk, carrying him, and they said, "Mary, you have surely committed a monstrous thing. Sister of Aaron, your father was not a wicked man, nor your mother a woman unchaste. Mary pointed to the child; but they said, 'Hoe shall we speak to one who still in the cradle, a little child. And he said, 'Lo, I am God's servant, God has given me the Book and made me a Prophet Blessed He has made me ,wherever/may be; and hi has enjoined me to prayer, and to give the alms so long as I live, and likewise to cherish my mother; He has not made me arrogant and wicked. Peace be upon me, the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I am raised up a live. "Maryam 19:29-33)

in the same chapter, following the above quotation, God assures Mohammed (PBUH) and through him the whole world, that what is told above is the TRUTH about Jesus (PBUH), although Christians might not accept it. Jesus is NOT the son of God: He was obviously enough, the son of Mary. The verses continue: "That is Jesus, son of Mary, in word of truth, concerning which they are doubting. It is not for God to take a son unto Him. Glory be to Him, He nut says to it, 'Be, and it is. (Maryam 19:34-35)

After this strong statement about the nature of Jesus, God directed Mohammed (PBUH) to call the Christians to worship the one God: "Surely God is my God, and your God, so surely serve him. This is the straight path". (Maryam 19:36)

The rejection of the very idea of God having a son is restated later in the same chapter with even stronger words: "And they say, The All-merciful has taken unto Himself a son. You have indeed advanced something hideous. As if the skies are about to burst, the earth to split asunder and its mountain to fall down in the utter ruin for that they have attributed to the All-merciful a son; and behaves not the All-merciful to take a son. None there in the heavens and earth but comes to the All-merciful as a servant" (Maryam 19:88-93)

The Quran recognizes the fact that Jesus had no human father, but this does not make him the son of God, or God himself. By this criterion, Adam would have been more entitled more entitled to be the son of God, because he had neither a father nor a mother, so the Quran draws attention to the miraculous creation of both in the following verses; " truly the likeness of Jesus, in God's sight is as Adam's likeness; He created him of dust, then He said upon him, 'Be' and hi was. (Al-Imran 3:59)

...whose name is messiah, Jesus,...

So muslims believe Jesus is the messiah?

...God has given me the Book...

And what book is this?

I dont think we have a concept of Messiah in Islam, I might be wrong.

What book are you talking about? Which quote?

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Then she brought the child to her folk, carrying him, and they said, "Mary, you have surely committed a monstrous thing. Sister of Aaron, your father was not a wicked man, nor your mother a woman unchaste. Mary pointed to the child; but they said, 'Hoe shall we speak to one who still in the cradle, a little child. And he said, 'Lo, I am God's servant, God has given me the Book and made me a Prophet Blessed He has made me ,wherever/may be; and hi has enjoined me to prayer, and to give the alms so long as I live, and likewise to cherish my mother; He has not made me arrogant and wicked. Peace be upon me, the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I am raised up a live. "Maryam 19:29-33)
    This one.

Mary, god gives you a good tidings of a Word from Him whose name is messiah, Jesus, son of Mary
    and messiah here....

Ok the Quran says Jesus is a Messiah. And I really dont know what book, probably ZOIAB can help me.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    You guys do believe that it will be Jesus that returns at the end of the world..correct??

I will post that entire quote -

(And remember o Muhammad) when the angels said: O Mary! God gives you glad tidings of a word from Him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter and one of those brought near (unto God). He will speak to mankind in his cradle and in his manhood, and he is one of the righteous. She said: My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal has touched me? He said: So (it will be). God creates what He wills. If He decrees a thing, He says to it only: Be! and it is. And he will teach him the Book and the wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel. And will make him a messenger to the Children of Israel, (saying): I come to you with a sign from your Lord. See! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by Godís leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Godís leave. And I announce to you what you eat and what you store up in your houses. Here truly is a portent for you, if you are to be believers. And (I come) confirming what was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of what was forbidden to you. I come to you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to God and obey me. God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. This is a straight path. But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the cause of God? The disciples said: We will be Godís (causeís) helpers. We believe in God, and bear you witness that we have surrendered (to Him). Our Lord! We believe in what You have revealed and follow him whom You have sent. Enroll us among those who witness (to the Truth). (3:45-53)

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    You guys do believe that it will be Jesus that returns at the end of the world..correct??
    It doesnt state it exactly, but yes most Sunni Muslims belive that.

Ok the Quran says Jesus is a Messiah. And I really dont know what book, probably ZOIAB can help me.
    And about the Messiah part, it is telling a story, about what the Angels told Mary.

Militia is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    yes we beleive jesus will return at the end of the world and this is the story i appologize for my broke english:
    befor the end of the world imam mahdi will apear in mekka , at this time jerusalem and most of the arabic will be ruled by a tayrant and cruel arabic leader and the west civilization will be ruined this cruel arabic leader will send a big army to kill the imam mahdi (pbuh) and on their road they will destroy and burn some city but befor they reach the imam god will make the desert swallow all the army, then imam mahdi regroup and army and wont all his battles against this leader (nb: in this time we will have only a few number of true muslims) then he get into a big battle with the presian and the christian of the eastern europe( the russian) after a big bloody battle he will win the war after this the imposter-jesus will apear and regroup an army of jews (jews at this time will beleive this is true jesus) at this moment jesus apear and after imam mahdi army win some battles against this imposter jesus will follow this imposter and kill him.

zOaib is offline VET
    the Quran is refferring to INJEEL (gospel) given to jesus .............. and yes we muslims believe he was the MASEE - HA (messiah) .......... which means he was given the power to raise the dead , cure the sick and heal the injured by the power of GOD !

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    The return of Jesus is described in detail in Islam but not in the Quraan, it is described more in the Hadith so there could be controversy on soem of the details depending on the strenght of the hadith, but when i was younger i learned some of it while studying the details of the end of th world in the islamic point of view. There is specific detail about Jesus's clothes and hair and skin and other small details liek tha when he returns, thee is plenty of detail given so even if a person i slacking in faith they can still tell the difference between the real Jesus and the impoter-christ that will appear before him and mislead the world.
    Only the very very faithful anf truly believing will be able to clearly see the mark on the imposters forehead that tells them he is 'kafer'. The problem is that even the very faithful will be tricked at times because the imposter will perform miracles through illusions and trickery.....Copperfield wont have a chance against this guy so it will be easy to be led astray.

Thread Information