Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member

Bush is a good guy

Even though I defend him a lot in this forum, its mainly becuase of the arguments that are used against him. I'm actually not a huge supporter of Bush. However, put all that aside right now, I just felt like sharing this. Hopefully it will show you better the kind of person we have running this country.

Got this from Weatherlite over @ SBI.

Attached is a picture of Mike McNaughton. He stepped on a landmine in Afghanistan Christmas 2002. President Bush came to visit the wounded in the hospital. He told Mike that when he could run a mile, that they would go on a run together. True to his word, he called Mike every month or so to see how he was doing. Well, last week they went on the run, 1 mile with the president. Not something you'll see in the news, but seeing the president taking the time to say thank you to the wounded and to give hope to one of my best friends was one of the greatest/best things I have seen in my life. It almost sounds like a corny email chain letter, but God bless him.

Love,
    Justin
    CPT Justin P. Dodge, MD
    Flight Surgeon, 1-2 AVN RGT
    Medical Corps, U.S.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bush is a good guy-bush-run.jpg  

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Even though I defend him a lot in this forum, its mainly becuase of the arguments that are used against him. I'm actually not a huge supporter of Bush. However, put all that aside right now, I just felt like sharing this. Hopefully it will show you better the kind of person we have running this country.

Got this from Weatherlite over @ SBI.

Attached is a picture of Mike McNaughton. He stepped on a landmine in Afghanistan Christmas 2002. President Bush came to visit the wounded in the hospital. He told Mike that when he could run a mile, that they would go on a run together. True to his word, he called Mike every month or so to see how he was doing. Well, last week they went on the run, 1 mile with the president. Not something you'll see in the news, but seeing the president taking the time to say thank you to the wounded and to give hope to one of my best friends was one of the greatest/best things I have seen in my life. It almost sounds like a corny email chain letter, but God bless him.

Love,
    Justin
    CPT Justin P. Dodge, MD
    Flight Surgeon, 1-2 AVN RGT
    Medical Corps, U.S.
    What a nice photo op for the president.

He's a great guy

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    Pardon my Ignorance gents...however in my honest opinion Bush is a fvcking kunt.....

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    Such frivolous remarks on my part for your president......hmmmm......I guess us Canadians are just ignorant then aren't we?????

Imperialist is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by khurrams
    Such frivolous remarks on my part for your president......hmmmm......I guess us Canadians are just ignorant then aren't we?????
    I don't know if your ignorant or just full of hate, but honestly I'm sick of Canadians coming here and bashing our president. The last two members who offered nothing to the board except Bush bashing were suspended. If you have something to contribute worthy of debate lets hear it, otherwise keep your hateful comments to yourself.

Cheers
    Last edited by Imperialist; 11-13-2004 at 09:20 PM.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah you Canadians don't have any say so aboot our president

megaroid is offline Banned
    soon he is gonna have alot of company, to run a mile.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Personally I like the US Pres... he knows what he has to do and he goes and does it even when no one would support him. I think that his "Campaign" in Iraq was a good thing it showed them that were not scared to fight back. I was honestly thinking about moving to the US but my GF wants to have kids sometime soon and im not making loads of cash so I cant woudnt be able to support the move then kids and health care and sh*t so I quess im stuck here... our Prime minister could learn allot from bush if he would stop acting so ignorant. For example what would be wrong with going in on the missile defense shield there is no down side that I can see. Im with Bush and his campaigns... sure he makes mistakes but hes only human... just bcs hes president doesnt mean he superhuman now.

Angelis

hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    What a nice photo op for the president.

He's a great guy
    hahahahah typical political stunt.. hahahaha yeah he is great let me tell you. pfft

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    hahahahah typical political stunt.. hahahaha yeah he is great let me tell you. pfft
    So typical in fact that I don't think anyone could name a national level politician that has *not* participated in such a little stunt (Kerry's goose hunt, for example, which was as scripted and meticulously planned an opp as we saw during the campaign).

The truth of the matter is, very, *very* few of us have even the slightest most remote idea what these people are actually like. At every turn and from every angle, what we are spoon fed is a very precise image in a way that is no different from the images we see of Hollywood stars...but just as some woman in line at the grocery store thumbing through her "newspaper" believes she really knows what tom cruise is 'all about' (or that she knows anything about him at all), there are people in this country on both sides that gobble up this fodder and begin to think they actually have an impression of what the person is like.

I've spent *considerable* time around John Kerry...note that i did not say with, but around, and further note that it was not during the campaign but rather a few years back. Regardless, I imagine I am one of the few people on this board, if not the only one, that has had genuine and prolonged interaction with either of the candidates (and I don't mean an awards dinner or banquet...i mean three or four months of steady 'contact'), and what I can say with absolute certainty is that the John Kerry presented on a national stage to the public was so completely and utterly different from what I and those in my position that I have since talked to perceived to be the "real" John Kerry (based on his actions and demeanor when there were no cameras present). Ironically, of those I've spoken to who were with me in that situation, we all believe the "real" Kerry would have fared *dramatically* better. He was such a more likable and even electable guy when he was being genuine in my opinion. But we were also privy to the deliberate moldings of the "character" they wanted to present.

The point of that otherwise pointless tale is to let you all know that, whether it be Bush, Kerry, Edwards, Cheney or the rest, understand the image you see is just that - an image. John F. Kerry, candidate, is just as artificially constructed as George Bush, candidate....I'd bet money that NEITHER resembles their actual personas nearly as much as most of the American public believes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    So typical in fact that I don't think anyone could name a national level politician that has *not* participated in such a little stunt (Kerry's goose hunt, for example, which was as scripted and meticulously planned an opp as we saw during the campaign).

The truth of the matter is, very, *very* few of us have even the slightest most remote idea what these people are actually like. At every turn and from every angle, what we are spoon fed is a very precise image in a way that is no different from the images we see of Hollywood stars...but just as some woman in line at the grocery store thumbing through her "newspaper" believes she really knows what tom cruise is 'all about' (or that she knows anything about him at all), there are people in this country on both sides that gobble up this fodder and begin to think they actually have an impression of what the person is like.

I've spent *considerable* time around John Kerry...note that i did not say with, but around, and further note that it was not during the campaign but rather a few years back. Regardless, I imagine I am one of the few people on this board, if not the only one, that has had genuine and prolonged interaction with either of the candidates (and I don't mean an awards dinner or banquet...i mean three or four months of steady 'contact'), and what I can say with absolute certainty is that the John Kerry presented on a national stage to the public was so completely and utterly different from what I and those in my position that I have since talked to perceived to be the "real" John Kerry (based on his actions and demeanor when there were no cameras present). Ironically, of those I've spoken to who were with me in that situation, we all believe the "real" Kerry would have fared *dramatically* better. He was such a more likable and even electable guy when he was being genuine in my opinion. But we were also privy to the deliberate moldings of the "character" they wanted to present.

The point of that otherwise pointless tale is to let you all know that, whether it be Bush, Kerry, Edwards, Cheney or the rest, understand the image you see is just that - an image. John F. Kerry, candidate, is just as artificially constructed as George Bush, candidate....I'd bet money that NEITHER resembles their actual personas nearly as much as most of the American public believes.
    you are exactly right my friend..

Militia is offline Banned
    maybe its photoshoped or its a non-direct propaganda made by the propaganda crew of bush they dont put it in the news they just spread by mails so it will show "how good is bush he dont even brag about the good things he do"

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    do you think he told that man that he is cutting his benefits? and all veterans benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    do you think he told that man that he is cutting his benefits? and all veterans benefits?
    hahahahah and the likely hood of his family withdrawing welfare is very real.. hahaha cock sucker!

Imdealnjuice is offline Banned
    yeah he so **** great isn't he, We are getting sucker punched by these cowardly acts everyday. We don't even know what the hell we are doing over there, oh yeah thats right we are there fighting terrorism, Honestly we will never win the war over terrorist because there will always be one out there thats going to do a cowardly act upon the U.S. We are fighting a losing battle here gents. I bet if you were over there fighting all of you supporting bush would change your mind.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imdealnjuice
    Honestly we will never win the war over terrorist because there will always be one out there thats going to do a cowardly act upon the U.S. .
    so what do you suggest we do??

I suggest we get the hell out of there before something really bad happens for one thing. No matter how much we help them over there they just don't get the hint.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    so what do you suggest we do??
    To defeat a guerilla war, the only solution is a political solution. Throughout history there hasnt been one instance of guerilla warfare that has failed. Especially if there is a foriegn invader in the guerilla's land.

I honestly believe Kerry would have done us good.

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy Everybody,

Here's a shocker for everybody.........

George W. Bush is not running the country. He may be President, but he is not the one running the country. The country is being ran by Cheney/Halliburton. The war in Iraqi is not about terrorism, it's about oil and religion.

The SMC (Sunday Morning Christian.....people who only use their morals on Sunday morning and when they vote.) are the ones that got Bush reelected. They want to pretend they are moral, ie no abortions, because it's a sin (Reagan told them it was), and no gay marriages, because it a sin too.

A man I know voted for Bush because of his moral stand. A couple of weeks ago I was at his house messing around in the garage with him (he was drunk and watching XXX tapes) and I asked him about his 17yo daughter getting her 2nd abortion. He asked how I knew about it and I told him that his daughter had told me about it. He called her out to the garage and asked her about it. She told him that she had. He asked why. She said because he was a f&%king Hypocrite and she hated his f&%king gutsand stormed out. I left and haven't been over there since then.

The part that gets me is this........I live in Arkansas and my wife works for DHS, you know, food stamps, welfare, etc. Anyway, according to DHS, 50% of the people in AR are on some type of social program. Mississippi has over 50% on a social program, and West Virginia has like 60% on a social program. The Republican Party wants to cut social programs but Bush carried all three states with a total for 20 electorial votes. These states should have went to Kerry and this would have made the election go to Kerry.

Just my $.02.

Stengun

Imperialist is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stengun
    Howdy Everybody,

according to DHS, 50% of the people in AR are on some type of social program. Mississippi has over 50% on a social program, and West Virginia has like 60% on a social program. These states should have went to Kerry and this would have made the election go to Kerry.

Stengun
    It's not our fault people in Arkansas need government hand-outs. Maybe they should get a better job and not expect the government to take care of them. I work for a major oil company and I voted for Bush because we need that oil. Money is better spent protecting our national interests abroad, not giving hand-outs to people that won't take care of themselves.These welfare moms want to keep having babies because it gives them a little something extra in their government check every month? I say **** em, cut em off

Harvey Balboner is offline Retired Moderator
    getting back to the topic. maybe this was a publicity stunt, but seems like they would have pushed it all over tv if it was planned.

i don't think it is too hard to believe that bush is actually a good man that cares about the troops and our country.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Balboner
    getting back to the topic. maybe this was a publicity stunt, but seems like they would have pushed it all over tv if it was planned.

i don't think it is too hard to believe that bush is actually a good man that cares about the troops and our country.
    perhaps, but I seriously doubt that that man or any other veteran really cares about going for a jog with the president, Im sure they'd rather have their benefits, which he is rapidly depleating....while they are at war. it's a stab in the back

Harvey Balboner is offline Retired Moderator
    what was left out of the snipet of this article was that trooper was an avid runner, even though he lost his leg he was sure he would not only walk again, but he would run again.

his determination to do so when talking to bush was why he made the offer to go with him for a run after when he could again.

marka is offline Associate Member
    Cant generalize about Canadians. Travel to Canada and meet the people, and you'll notice people are the same everywhere you go. Some a** h***s and some cool. Canada is probably the most similar country to the US. Thats why some people call it the 51st state. (dont mean to offend any maple syrup mouse riders...s***, I am generalizing...I guess its human nature )
    By the way, I have never been to Canada, but I am sure this applies. And what would the world be without RUSH? I am tearfull at the thought

Thread Information