Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    RockSolid is offline Banned

John Ashcroft for President 2008?

in my graduate Politics class, the teacher discussed the point that Ashcroft was getting ready to run for president in 2008, she said that could be a reason that he quit the current Bush administration.

does anyone thinkg that is a possibility? I mean the guy lost to a dead man in Missouri.

any opinoins on this?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    LOL that bible toting lunatic would make it a 100% chance that GOP lose power. He is a sure loser (kinda like John Kerry) of a candidate IMO. I think John McCain would be a much better choice.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry bro no chance for ashcroft... but check this out!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041114/D86BAJ8O0.html

Ads to Back Schwarzenegger for President

Email this Story

Nov 13, 7:40 PM (ET)

(AP) California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger throws T-shirt to the crowd at "California Festival," a...
    Full Image

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Californians will soon see advertisements urging them to help give Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and other foreign-born citizens the chance to run for president.

The cable television ads, set to being running Monday, are from a Silicon Valley-based group that wants to amend the U.S. Constitution, which limits the presidency to people born in the United States. Schwarzenegger was born in Austria but became a U.S. citizen in 1983.

"You cannot choose the land of your birth. You can choose the land you love," Lissa Morgenthaler-Jones says in the ads.

She is a San Francisco Bay area mutual fund manager and major Schwarzenegger campaign donor who is helping pay for the ads and created a companion Web site.

Schwarzenegger, 57, has said he would consider running for president if the Constitution allowed but hasn't pushed for a constitutional change.

The TV ads mark the first significant attempt to build public support for an amendment. While polls show Schwarzenegger remains popular with voters, the idea of a constitutional change is not.

Four proposed amendments are circulating in Congress, but none has advanced. Constitutional amendments require congressional approval and ratification by 38 states.

---

helios is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    LOL that bible toting lunatic would make it a 100% chance that GOP lose power. He is a sure loser (kinda like John Kerry) of a candidate IMO. I think John McCain would be a much better choice.
    Absolutly right, he is a sure fire loser. And as far as McCain goes I wish he won the republican candidacy four years ago...in 2008 the republicans are not short on star candidates btw guiliani, mccain, and shwarzennegger

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    god help us all if ashcroft runs for president. I'll bet Jeb Bush tries to get on the ticket though.

Thread Information