Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dean1233 is offline Banned

US soldier shoots unarmed insurgeant

Anybody have an uncensored version of this???

workdude is offline Senior Member
    should have armed him self...

It's not very sporting to shoot at people with no arms...

Give them a hand someone!

Red

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    yeah - and if true he should bite it - I know there cant be much love to spread around after getting shot at for a few days but the man has got to be smarter than to do that (especially when a camera might be about)

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Insurgeant.....Not civilian.....was he shot then they found out he didn't have a weapon?

dean1233 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by workdude
    Insurgeant.....Not civilian.....was he shot then they found out he didn't have a weapon?
    He was "playing dead" after a gun battle against that house I believe...

I just heard a little different angle on it - seems he thought the guy was still in the fray possibly - when someone told him it was a wounded guy from the day before he seemed surprised and said "I didnt know Sir"

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I seen it on 'SkyNews' to the point where the marine pulled the triger.

I'm not saying this in the Marines defence, but the previous day he was wounded in the face in a gun fight and never took the sick leave medics had given him, he returned to the field. His commanders are responsble for this one.

The rest of the scene showed (I think five) very seriously injured Iraqi's in civilian clothes, no weapons in sight. However SkyNews reported that the guys had been wounded 24hrs before hand and the Marines were returning to the scene, knowing there were injured people there. ALL THIS is contrary to the Geneva conventions on the treatment of prisoners and the wounded, again the Marines commanders are responsble. However the Marine must shoulder some of the blaim also, soldiers going into the field can't plead ignorance of the Geneva convention of the likes of treatment of prisoners, wounded, civilian's, giving humanitarian assistance etc.

From what I seen on the news the Marines only defence is that he was wounded the previous day and was suffering from battle fatigue.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Wow I just saw the video, marines go in, there are two men lying on the floor, one seemed like an old man, with white hair, marines look at the men, one seemed to be breathing.

There was no movements in the guys, I suspect one was wounded, so he was breathing and not doing anything.

Marines say, he is actin like hes dead, then boom, they shot him, and go "hes dead now"

Al Jazerra is going to love this, a nice recruitment video.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Wow I just saw the video, marines go in, there are two men lying on the floor, one seemed like an old man, with white hair, marines look at the men, one seemed to be breathing.

There was no movements in the guys, I suspect one was wounded, so he was breathing and not doing anything.

Marines say, he is actin like hes dead, then boom, they shot him, and go "hes dead now"

Yup, that pretty much sums up the video footage. Its pretty disgusting.

Will Power is offline Banned
    Luckily we live, and fight by rule of law. If an investigation deems a trail is necessary he will receive a fair one, and if punishment is necessary he will receive that as well. But Al Jazeera wont report that. It doesnt server there purpose.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

I don't even know what to say to this. I almost wish I was shocked and surprised, but I'm not, and that's probably the saddest part: that such things are at least marginally commonplace in war.

Militia is offline Banned
    yea very good !!now we have a pro-IDF and a pro-IAF on this board

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    All I can say is that that guy could have been booby trapped , had a grenade under him or anything. He was told to hold still and he didn't. They have been encountering dead bodies booby trapped so that guy got what he asked for. When a cop or a soldier has a bead drawn on you and says freeze,he means don't move. IMO the soldiers actions were justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Militia
    yea very good !!now we have a pro-IDF and a pro-IAF on this board

Well considering you and your buddies so proudly display pictures of terrorists, its only fair I display the force that kicks there ass.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    All I can say is that that guy could have been booby trapped , had a grenade under him or anything. He was told to hold still and he didn't. They have been encountering dead bodies booby trapped so that guy got what he asked for. When a cop or a soldier has a bead drawn on you and says freeze,he means don't move. IMO the soldiers actions were justified.
    I couldn't agree more, hence the investigation. The fact that we live by rule of justice and law is what separates us from them.

I will agree that its going to be blaring on al jazerra 24/7 as how EVERY us soldier acts

and while there is the possibility of them being rather shy of the booby trap - it has been happening - the guy still should have delt with it differently and depending upon the investigation, may have to pay for it and his superiors as well perhaps - but no doubt that fact will NOT be reported in teh Arab world

The theory on the body-trapped body doesn't hold water for a moment. There are procedures for dealing with suspected booby-trapped bodies, shooting them in the head doesn't render them safe.

We can't try this Marine here. All I can say in his defence is that he was probably suffering from his facial wound (inflicted the day previous) and battle fatigue.

His wound should 'probably' have made him 'combat ineffective', so even if he voluntered to go back on the ground and ignore the advice of his medics the decision for letting him back on the ground will rest elsewhere.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    Luckily we live, and fight by rule of law. If an investigation deems a trail is necessary he will receive a fair one, and if punishment is necessary he will receive that as well. But Al Jazeera wont report that. It doesnt server there purpose.

WE FIGHT BY RULE OF LAW???? What a joke......we're no different than they are......if faced with the same circumstances.....we would resort to terrorism also......it just happens that our military is like the Roman army squashing peasant resistance.......

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    WE FIGHT BY RULE OF LAW???? What a joke......we're no different than they are......if faced with the same circumstances.....we would resort to terrorism also......it just happens that our military is like the Roman army squashing peasant resistance.......
    quite the contrary -YOU may not be different - but WE are - and thank God for that - and while yes, we are there to squish resistance, its mostly because the resistance now will kill mostly IRAQIS!!!!! not Americans (because they cant)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    quite the contrary -YOU may not be different - but WE are - and thank God for that - and while yes, we are there to squish resistance, its mostly because the resistance now will kill mostly IRAQIS!!!!! not Americans (because they cant)
    You THINK you are just because we have the strongest military......if someone accupied the US you'd be launching the RPGs too.....especially if one of your kids was "collateral damage"

One note.......superpowers fail against guerilla wars.......I think it is about 0 for 5 right now.

You just can't accept the fact that Americans can act like animals along with the rest of the world. Somehow the American psyche is better??
    These guys were laying around wounded for a day?? No weapons in sight??
    Sounds like the start of an ethnic cleansing campaign

You THINK you are just because we have the strongest military......if someone accupied the US you'd be launching the RPGs too.....especially if one of your kids was "collateral damage"

One note.......superpowers fail against guerilla wars.......I think it is about 0 for 5 right now.
    I really dont have an issue with people trying to fight soldiers with whatever they have - but the insurgents in Iraq are not doing that so much as killing Iraqis - if someone invaded America you can be sure I would be out fighting - but I would be suporting a formation of our own government and for darn sure I would not be trying to kill other Americans!

but seing as you hate America so much, and the power that it has - why dont you move elsewhere where you can be happy - like Canada perhaps - i hear they are calling!

Badger you are certainly not what you TRY very hard to appear to be (compassionate) compassion runs two ways. You are a traitor to your country and a disgrace.

WE FIGHT BY RULE OF LAW???? What a joke......we're no different than they are...........
    "Let me make it perfectly clear: We follow the law of armed conflict and we hold ourselves to high standard of accountability," Marine Lt. Gen. John F. Sattler said Tuesday. "The facts of this case will be thoroughly pursued to make an informed decision and to protect rights of all persons involved."

The investigation will determine whether the Marine violated any rules or should be charged with any crime. Lt. Col. Bob Miller, a staff judge advocate for the 1st Marine Division, said wounded insurgents who pose no threat generally "would not be considered hostile."

Badger you are certainly not what you TRY very hard to appear to be (compassionate) compassion runs two ways. You are a traitor to your country and a disgrace.
    You're a traitor to your faith......

That my friend is a SIN

You're a traitor to your faith......
    Check your avatar and title. People in glass house's shouldn't throw stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Power
    "Let me make it perfectly clear: We follow the law of armed conflict and we hold ourselves to high standard of accountability," Marine Lt. Gen. John F. Sattler said Tuesday. "The facts of this case will be thoroughly pursued to make an informed decision and to protect rights of all persons involved."

The investigation will determine whether the Marine violated any rules or should be charged with any crime. Lt. Col. Bob Miller, a staff judge advocate for the 1st Marine Division, said wounded insurgents who pose no threat generally "would not be considered hostile."
    Lip service to what's really happening. Would have never been brought up if there had been no video.

What do you know about faith what faith do you cliam to be? Which denomination?

Claim your religion you coward.

BTW.....nice work on the hat......thanks.......
    how about we put greedy landgrabbing bastard on one of the Jewish mods hats.....

JdFlex is offline Senior Member

Yes we would be launching RPGs against any foreign invader. But we wouldn't be detonating car bombs in market places killing other Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Check your avatar and title. People in glass house's shouldn't throw stones.
    hhahaha great one bouncer i love it

BTW.....nice work on the hat......thanks.......
    how about we put greedy landgrabbing bastard on one of the Jewish mods hats.....

Man how come this moron hasn't been baned yet....i think that comment right there is gonna be your last you idiot

Claim your religion you coward.
    You're the coward......mister grey.......can't ever take the high road.....oh....the guy moved......so lets shoot him in the head.......it's because YOU think people of another color are EXPENDABLE......
    Just like your twisted stand on abortion.......well it's ok if the mom is a rape victim.......but otherwise it's murder.

Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    hhahaha great one bouncer i love it
    Sorry, but I only noticed it now. I can't take the glory for this one.

Lip service to what's really happening. Would have never been brought up if there had been no video.
    Hold on there Tinker bell, are you saying in America no crime is investigated, or punished unless there is a video?????
    rational discussion sure doesn't seem to be your strong point.

Badger CLAIM YOUR RELIGION! You condone every act that is against America without question and admonish every act that America takes. You are a Muslim mole on this forum IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    Yes we would be launching RPGs against any foreign invader. But we wouldn't be detonating car bombs in market places killing other Americans.
    If you saw your government caving in to outsiders you might......you fail to recogize that some Iraqis probably believe western style democracy is the kiss of death......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information