Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 38 of 38
  1. #1
    dean1233's Avatar
    dean1233 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    133

    The fall of the superpower

    A lot of theorists predicted that 9/11 was going to happen to the US sooner or later because of terrible foreign policy...

    My predictions for the next 50 years are the following:
    - USA gets attacked again, maybe even bigger than 9/11, 6,000 people are killed.
    - They loose even more and more jobs over seas, Walmart gets bigger and bigger and becomes the largest employer but still pays it's employees bad.
    - China becomes the world's super power, they control all of the US's imports and manufacturing.
    - Iraq is seen as a vietnam-like failure, history is repeating itself, democracy fails, US pulls out by 2010.

    predictions comments?

  2. #2
    KAEW44's Avatar
    KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,673
    Walmart will probably form its own country, and compete with china.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,896
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    Walmart will probably form its own country, and compete with china.
    Walmart compete with china???

    Walmart buys half it's merchandise FROM china and they just started to open stores over there (and it's spreading like wildfire).

    If anything walmart will assimilate china

    We are borg of walmart, resistance is futile!

    Red

  4. #4
    dean1233's Avatar
    dean1233 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    133
    no replies?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    Your thoughts aren't supported by any historical references or citations, so it is difficut to ascertain why you posit them. Hence it's difficult to know where to start....

  6. #6
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a terror attack at a sporting event with all the people packed in a stadium. Imagine the destruction from just a general aviation jet like a lear or something.....there's no way the air force could respond quick enough...... And GA security is horrible compared to the major airlines.

    I believe the main reason it was the WTC is because it was a huge SYMBOL of US economic power......that's why it had been a constant target.

  7. #7
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    I think its easy to predict some kind of terror attack in the US. If I was a terrorist and wanted to trya nd make a point, you think Id pick France or Canada as the target? Mexico? Australia? Nope. Id pick the US.

    Lose more jobs overseas?? Ok. That would be great. Employ more americans.

    I could care less about Walmart.

    China the next super power. I dont think so. Perhaps one with a lot of political pull. But I dont see any country taking over the super power...They may have more people, but there are no countries that are up to our tech level. Thats what you need to be the super power.

    Comparing Iraq to VIetnam. It would take a lot more than whats happened in Iraq to become a Vietnam.

  8. #8
    Odin is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    627
    Well I predict when the strength of the country "the Middle Class" goes we will then begin our downward spiral, Money is not made it's only trasferd, So For every new Millionaire, their's goingi to be about 100 middle class familiy's falling into the poor-middle class. Don't worry about any foreign nation, The most deadly people live in our own country, and the goverment know's this. When the poor people loose hope that's when hell will brake loose, Cause the only thing that makes them feel good at this low of a point is watching the rich go through a little hell themselves. All dead Presidents came from our own country men. War's within the wall is what will take us down. Unless they change some policy's that is.

  9. #9
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    I think its easy to predict some kind of terror attack in the US. If I was a terrorist and wanted to trya nd make a point, you think Id pick France or Canada as the target? Mexico? Australia? Nope. Id pick the US.

    Lose more jobs overseas?? Ok. That would be great. Employ more americans.

    I could care less about Walmart.

    China the next super power. I dont think so. Perhaps one with a lot of political pull. But I dont see any country taking over the super power...They may have more people, but there are no countries that are up to our tech level. Thats what you need to be the super power.

    Comparing Iraq to VIetnam. It would take a lot more than whats happened in Iraq to become a Vietnam.
    China WILL be the next economic super power and there is nothing anyone can do to prevent that and when china has all that cash flowing then it wont be to hard for them to build upp a military that can rival the states
    Chinese people arent stupid and underestemating what they can acchive is foolish.

  10. #10
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    China WILL be the next economic super power and there is nothing anyone can do to prevent that and when china has all that cash flowing then it wont be to hard for them to build upp a military that can rival the states
    Chinese people arent stupid and underestemating what they can acchive is foolish.
    i was taking a core bio chem class at univ for my masters , and there were atleast 25 asians , mostly chinese in their , but they were like geniuses when it came to tests , i used to study with them , but overall in all your engineering , physical sciences , chemical sciences , muclear physics , radiology , chines or asians dominated the class rooms , at MIT we have 15000 asians studying , here !

  11. #11
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Asians seems to have WAY superior disciplin and work ethics compered to most western countries. We(europe and america) are becoming decadent, they are just advancing.

    I guess china sends all its best students to american and european universitys and then bring them home again. Very smart move.

  12. #12
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    What will suck is when we feel what is like to be exploited........

  13. #13
    marka's Avatar
    marka is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    TJ
    Posts
    319
    I dont think China will become a superpower in our lifetime. They will become a very important market, and a large economy.....people have this thing about asians being so diciplined, and all of that........and that in the US we are not. Buuuuulll Sh**. People can be very diciplined here too. F*** I work a sh** load of hours per/wk. And about the Chinese sending people to our schools......I bet we have more people overthere learning their sh** than thay have here.....and even if it would be so, nobody should see it as a threat....thats good for us and them........What makes a superpower is ingenuity. The US is a gigantic thinktank of Ingenuity, and other societies are not there yet, much less China. Why is China growing stronger economically? Because their low communist wages are unbelievably low, combined with the rest of the world purchasing stuff manufactured there because of that. Good for China. Good for us too. As they grow, they will buy more of our stuff. And as they get richer, and more dependand of a global economy, it will reduce the risk of them doing anything stupid with all of those weapons they have. Yes we lose jobs to them, but thats just a call for us to get more educated and not have to worry about competing for manufacturing jobs. We only we have to fear ourselves being ignorant, and not learning more. Thats where we can get fu****.
    So no, China will not become this evil empire, that we will all answer to, no way. Its just like in the 80s when we thought we sucked, and that Japan was going to take over economically. You know the rest of this story.



    PS Example of US ingenuity....Jackass...now aint that orignal...at least for my low IQ brain

  14. #14
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    I dont think anyone belives China will be a evil empire or anything like that. It will take them a ****load of time to get all there **** togheter. But it will be fun to se what happens when the world have 2 true super powers again and not just one.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    Who controls 50+% of the worlds Capital? What country? And has done so since the end of WW2? Hmm....

    Hint: Not China.

  16. #16
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Who controls 50+% of the worlds Capital? What country? And has done so since the end of WW2? Hmm....

    Hint: Not China.
    half of the worlds capital?? Do you mean half of the worls GDP? In that case you are wrong

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._GDP_%28PPP%29

    if you mean something else then Im sorry because Im realy pretty clueless when it comes to economy.

    Im trying to find the article that predicts that chinas economy will grow beyond united states within 25 years I think it was. Now because china has alot less manufacturing and workforce costs then they would be able to finance a bigger army then the united states with less money and still compete technologicaly if they get there **** togheter or am I asuming to much?

    Im not a anti american in any way. I just se it as inevitable that usa's leading role in the world will dimish in the future. The rise of china and the EU will probably be just as important. Im not saying usa wont be a super power. Im saying the might not be the only super power and might not be the most powerfull anymore. But then again it doesnt matter, because if there is a world war 3 we will all be dead anyway.

  17. #17
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    US companies that have their manufacturing done in China are traitors.......they have forsaken their countrymen for profit.

  18. #18
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    It stinks but the only thing we will have left is our military superiority. We will get paid to police the planet. We will be one giant military complex. We will have one industry, war.

    If this were to happen this is the only conclusion I can come to which won't be pretty at all. Quite frankly I would rather see the end of times before I saw this.

    As long as we are thinking Ray Bradburyish philosophies this is mine.

  19. #19
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    It stinks but the only thing we will have left is our military superiority. We will get paid to police the planet. We will be one giant military complex. We will have one industry, war.

    If this were to happen this is the only conclusion I can come to which won't be pretty at all. Quite frankly I would rather see the end of times before I saw this.

    As long as we are thinking Ray Bradburyish philosophies this is mine.
    Interesting........maybe that's why they want our kids to play the war video games so well......training for their future

  20. #20
    Benches505's Avatar
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Im not a anti american in any way. I just se it as inevitable that usa's leading role in the world will dimish in the future. The rise of china and the EU will probably be just as important. Im not saying usa wont be a super power. Im saying the might not be the only super power and might not be the most powerfull anymore. But then again it doesnt matter, because if there is a world war 3 we will all be dead anyway.
    China is the next superpower but to toss the EU in as a contender is laughable. China is growing on the backs of it's people(low wages/poor working conditions) and their rise is coming but once that power is achieved the people will cry out for a better standard of living which will allow the USA to be competitive with them and we will be back to 2 superpowers which in my opinion is necessary to achieve a balance of power. The US government must know something we don't since we in essence are helping create that next super power with unbalanced trade policies etc.

    I hope the dollar continues to fall! That will keep us competitive and in reality won't affect us here unless we crave imports.

  21. #21
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    plz explain why the EU is laughable? Europe is in many ways more advanced then usa and if we can just work with eachother instead of against eachother we are a force to be reconed with.

  22. #22
    Benches505's Avatar
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    plz explain why the EU is laughable? Europe is in many ways more advanced then usa and if we can just work with eachother instead of against eachother we are a force to be reconed with.
    You just answered your own question Johan. The EU countries will not work well together for long due to old rivalries. Just look at Germany and France! Right now they are on the anti USA kick. When that argument no longer holds water they will turn on each other as they have done so many times in the past. And you can all be assured that this time around we(The USA) will actually sit on the side lines and watch the French learn to speak German.

  23. #23
    dean1233's Avatar
    dean1233 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    plz explain why the EU is laughable? Europe is in many ways more advanced then usa and if we can just work with eachother instead of against eachother we are a force to be reconed with.
    My friend went to Europe this summer and he said they had better technology than in North America...

  24. #24
    atlgadoll is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by dean1233
    My friend went to Europe this summer and he said they had better technology than in North America...
    I'm a fool, so I'm not surprised that my mom is too... Europeans - lazy. Just try to get them to work a 30 hour week. Chinese - bright and hard-working, but task-oriented. They're used to being told what to do and have a hard time thinking out of the box.

  25. #25
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by atlgadoll
    You're a fool, so I'm not surprised that your friend is too... Europeans - lazy. Just try to get them to work a 30 hour week. Chinese - bright and hard-working, but task-oriented. They're used to being told what to do and have a hard time thinking out of the box.

    that was the most idiotic statement ever. Sweden for example is top of the line in many things. We have some of the best non nuclera subs, some of the best fighter jets. The best broadband service in the world(the nordic countries has a very high % of population as broadband users higher then any other countries). I could go on and on and on. USA has such a anti europe attitude that it sickens me.

    Europeans just dont aggre to ****ty terms when working just the same as most american I assume.

  26. #26
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    You just answered your own question Johan. The EU countries will not work well together for long due to old rivalries. Just look at Germany and France! Right now they are on the anti USA kick. When that argument no longer holds water they will turn on each other as they have done so many times in the past. And you can all be assured that this time around we(The USA) will actually sit on the side lines and watch the French learn to speak German.
    That I guess is true. I just wish the petty rivalries would end and I wish the widespread socialims in europe would come to a halt. The same with the imense arabic imigration to europe. We are losing our culture and heritage.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    Stop the flames.

  28. #28
    atlgadoll is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    that was the most idiotic statement ever. Sweden for example is top of the line in many things. We have some of the best non nuclera subs, some of the best fighter jets. The best broadband service in the world(the nordic countries has a very high % of population as broadband users higher then any other countries). I could go on and on and on. USA has such a anti europe attitude that it sickens me.

    Europeans just dont aggre to ****ty terms when working just the same as most american I assume.
    You're right - Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Ireland and are all making gains in productivity. I'm talking more about france, germany, and spain, and to a lesser degree belgium, austria, italy, and the UK

  29. #29
    Benches505's Avatar
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    that was the most idiotic statement ever. Sweden for example is top of the line in many things. We have some of the best non nuclera subs, some of the best fighter jets. The best broadband service in the world(the nordic countries has a very high % of population as broadband users higher then any other countries). I could go on and on and on. USA has such a anti europe attitude that it sickens me.

    Europeans just dont aggre to ****ty terms when working just the same as most american I assume.

    We are becoming more anti-european in our attitude with good reason. Every time we turn on the TV we are getting bashed by our former allies. It always hurts a little more when the people we considered our friends are the ones sticking the knife in our backs.

    Where would the Germans be today without the USA? we rebuilt their nation from rubble.

    How about the French? How many Americans died on their shores to liberate their country?

    Maybe you can get a little insight as to why we feel the way we do. On a side note The nordic people might have lots of folks with broadband but they also have the finest **** women walking the face of this earth!

  30. #30
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    We are becoming more anti-european in our attitude with good reason. Every time we turn on the TV we are getting bashed by our former allies. It always hurts a little more when the people we considered our friends are the ones sticking the knife in our backs.

    Where would the Germans be today without the USA? we rebuilt their nation from rubble.

    How about the French? How many Americans died on their shores to liberate their country?

    Maybe you can get a little insight as to why we feel the way we do. On a side note The nordic people might have lots of folks with broadband but they also have the finest **** women walking the face of this earth!
    Yes the french seems a bit cocky now considering what usa did for them. But then again many french where nazi sympatiser so maby they wanted to be ruled by germany

    Also many are probably pissed because usa exagerates there sacrifices so much. I mean I know usa saved europe from nazis but russia realy did most of the work in ww2 and lost most and they should be the ones getting the glory for stopping the nazis. Whenever france dont aggre with usa they get the old "shut upp we saved your asses 60 years ago" attitude back and I guess that gets old for them to.

    But the lack of support for the struggle against terrorism is ****ty especialy considering all the terrorism europa has been through themself. I can understand some of the attitude...

    The women are fine but not as many blonds as you americans want to belive lol

  31. #31
    Anhydro78's Avatar
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,439
    Our biggest threat is what it has allways been Russia selling weapons to our enemys. Without Russia no one would have any weapons. Its not a good thing for things to be unstable in Russia. They have cases of missing fuel rods with their reactors.

  32. #32
    Badgerman's Avatar
    Badgerman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A mile High
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    Our biggest threat is what it has allways been Russia selling weapons to our enemys. Without Russia no one would have any weapons. Its not a good thing for things to be unstable in Russia. They have cases of missing fuel rods with their reactors.
    There's also piles of thinly guarded nerve gas artillery shells sitting in wooden racks.

  33. #33
    workdude's Avatar
    workdude is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by dean1233
    A lot of theorists predicted that 9/11 was going to happen to the US sooner or later because of terrible foreign policy...

    My predictions for the next 50 years are the following:
    - USA gets attacked again, maybe even bigger than 9/11, 6,000 people are killed.
    - They loose even more and more jobs over seas, Walmart gets bigger and bigger and becomes the largest employer but still pays it's employees bad.
    - China becomes the world's super power, they control all of the US's imports and manufacturing.
    - Iraq is seen as a vietnam-like failure, history is repeating itself, democracy fails, US pulls out by 2010.

    predictions comments?

    Your predictions and .55cent will buy me a can of soda.....

  34. #34
    dean1233's Avatar
    dean1233 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by workdude
    Your predictions and .55cent will buy me a can of soda.....
    thanks, now let's see yours...

  35. #35
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Predictions....hmmmm....

    Then US will struggle for another four to eight years dealing with the Middle East....doubt it'll turn into anything resembling a win. More than likely we'll leave them to their own devices and try our best to wash our hands of the whole mess.

    Oil Cartel will conitue to drive oil prices to the brink....alternative sources will be sought at a much quickened pace to help quail the masses before all out revolt.

    China will continue to gain economic power but the people will revolt. In the whole mass of China Honk Kong is the only part holding vestagies of free trade and higher standards of living......the goverment can't continue to placate both sides.

    Russia will move back towards a communistic system......hardliners will assurt themselves and stack the goverment in their favor.

    Palestin will continue to attack Israel with the assistance of Egypt and others but only from a distance due to the fact the relocation process will have been completed.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,896

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Yes the french seems a bit cocky now considering what usa did for them. But then again many french where nazi sympatiser so maby they wanted to be ruled by germany
    Some french were indeed nazi sympathisers bro, but read up on your history and remember what happened to the Pétain pro-nazi government and their supporters after the war... LOTS of people were hung for sympathizing with the nazis when DeGaules government came back from exile in england after the nazi occupation.

    But the lack of support for the struggle against terrorism is ****ty especialy considering all the terrorism europa has been through themself. I can understand some of the attitude...
    Thats bullshît and you know it... France supports the war against terrorism, they do NOT support Irak as it has nothing to do with fighting terrorism.

    For those who like to shît on France for "not supporting the war on terror", they have been in Afghanistan since day 1, and have the second biggest contingent of troops there after the US...

    Though they do not support the war in Irak, they did open their airspace to US and UK planes going to Irak and even used their air tankers to refuel American planes on their way to Irak during the opening weeks of the invasion.

    An excerpt from the UN's fact sheet on the French Armed Forces:

    http://www.un.int/france/documents_a...acts_sheet.htm

    France is Actively Involved in Afghanistan.

    - A total of 1,800 French troops are involved in the stabilization of Afghanistan, including the French Navy’s contribution to Operation Enduring Freedom.

    - 950 French troops are deployed in that country as part of the International Security Assistance Force. France is also playing a significant role in training the Afghan national army, alongside the U.S. and the United Kingdom, having initially organized three Afghan battalions of 500 men and being presently involved in the training of all Afghan officers. Additionally, 200 special troops are involved alongside American troops in the fight against the remnants of the Taliban regime in southern Afghanistan.

    - In the wake of the 9/11 tragedy, France offered its military resources and capabilities to support the American-led military campaign, Operation Enduring Freedom, in Afghanistan. Immediately, the exchanges of information between our naval commanders increased, particularly in the Indian Ocean, thus intensifying the fight against all types of trafficking.

    - Since October 21, 2001, French reconnaissance aircraft and air tankers have contributed to the air campaign over Afghanistan. They were reinforced from the winter of 2001 to the summer of 2002 by French naval aviation forces and French Air Force transport planes and fighters. France was, indeed, the only country, along with the United States, to have flown bombing missions over Afghanistan in direct support of American ground troops, in particular during Operation Anaconda. From October 23, 2001 to September 30, 2002, a total of 12,000 flying hours were conducted in support of operations in Afghanistan. The Mirage 2000D and Super Etendard destroyed 33 targets linked to Al Qaeda or the Taliban regime in direct support of American Special Forces. Today, 130 military are based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan, helping to operate the airport and supporting 2 transport aircraft, 3 reconnaissance jet fighters and 1 tanker engaged in the support of the French contingent in Afghanistan.

    - French forces arrived early on the ground in Afghanistan. From December 2, 2001 to January 27, 2002, a reinforced company secured in Mazar-e-Sharif the detachment of U.S. engineers repairing the airfield in order to fly in humanitarian assistance. In total, some 5,500 French soldiers were sent to the region.

    - The French Navy continues to patrol the Gulf of Aden and the Gulf of Oman. It has been monitoring commercial sea lanes, detecting and boarding suspicious vessels, as well as escorting coalition boats through the area since December 2001. France is the second largest contributor to the maritime task force in charge of this mission.


    Red

  37. #37
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Some french were indeed nazi sympathisers bro, but read up on your history and remember what happened to the Pétain pro-nazi government and their supporters after the war... LOTS of people were hung for sympathizing with the nazis when DeGaules government came back from exile in england after the nazi occupation.
    Yeah I was a bit fast to throw out that comment. I realy dont know anything about what happened in france right after ww2...


    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Thats bullshît and you know it... France supports the war against terrorism, they do NOT support Irak as it has nothing to do with fighting terrorism.

    For those who like to shît on France for "not supporting the war on terror", they have been in Afghanistan since day 1, and have the second biggest contingent of troops there after the US...

    Though they do not support the war in Irak, they did open their airspace to US and UK planes going to Irak and even used their air tankers to refuel American planes on their way to Irak during the opening weeks of the invasion.
    Didnt know that to be honest. Was a little fast to judge france I guess

  38. #38
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    US companies that have their manufacturing done in China are traitors.......they have forsaken their countrymen for profit.


    . . . and people who buy Chinese made stuff are aiding and abetting those traitors.

    Not that complaining about this is gonna have any effect . . . the USA is controlled more by corporations than by Americans. US laws are made to allow corporations to make bigger profits, and if that means exporting jobs, that's what the corporation leaders are gonna demand.

    =Tock

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •